PDA

View Full Version : Race swap item and recommendations?

DrexBrightblade
Jun 27, 2013, 02:44 AM
Any item that will allow you to switch from let's say...Human to Dewman, Newman to Dewman, etc?

The reason I ask is...after sitting here getting some general info on Dewman, it seems I might need to invest in dropping my Newman F HU/FI (42/20) with a level 160ish mag. (60 something S atk, 20 something dex, s-def, r-def, t-def)

What I was thinking was make a Cast RA/GU then have the dewman for my melee needs.

What would be everyone's recommendation?

strikerhunter
Jun 27, 2013, 03:02 AM
To put it simple: No.

There is nothing being given out to give players to ability to change their current character's race. I actually can't see how that would even be possible to be done on a large size scale.

Regardless, Sega is giving out everyone 1 free character slot. However if you delete that character after creation, then you wasted that free given slot.

Coatl
Jun 27, 2013, 03:32 AM
However if you delete that character after creation, then you wasted that free given slot.

This is confirmed?

DrexBrightblade
Jun 27, 2013, 03:39 AM
Thank you for the helpful response - based on the info I placed above, what would you recommend?

clear out my hunter, make a cast ra/gu, play until dewman comes out, then swap to them for melee goodness?

On one element, it seems like I put quite a good bit of time into the character, but I also feel it wouldn't be entirely too hard to get back to that point.

I know stats don't differentiate that badly, but I feel there are a few elements I could correct (better mag stat setup, better skill selections), but I also feel I didn't mess up all too bad.

What would you do in this situation?

jooozek
Jun 27, 2013, 03:47 AM
yes, your mag is a mess and getting to level 42 on your first class shouldn't take too long so I'd say go ahead and delete your newman, just put everything from your inventory into the storage

Hrith
Jun 27, 2013, 04:34 AM
Are they giving one free character slot regardless of how many one currently has?

Meji
Jun 27, 2013, 04:42 AM
Are they giving one free character slot regardless of how many one currently has?
Yes. I believe everyone who ever made an account, before Ep.2 is released on the 17th of July, will get a new character slot for free.

Zenobia
Jun 27, 2013, 10:03 AM
However if you delete that character after creation, then you wasted that free given slot.

There is always a way to beat the system as far as character creation goes.

(Note this is in case Dumans don't get thrown into the character benchmark for us before EP2 hits to per-create)

You could always just make a throw away account make your Duman and run around int he lobby to see how she looks and if you're happy, sense the data is saved to your hard rive just take that save data copy it and load that sucker up.

Dan Maku
Jun 27, 2013, 10:44 AM
Quick facts:

-Characters cannot change race or gender.

-To compensate for this with Dewmen over the horizon, all players who sign up before July 17 (Ep.2's launch) will receive a free character slot

-Players are given one character for free (excluding the afformentioned freeby for Ep.2): if you delete your second character, you will need to repurchase the character slot to make another.

-Of course, you could always make an alt if you want more characters for free. Don't let the GMs know, though. Shhhhhh.....

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
You can make a separate account to keep your old one, but you can't share your bank.

You could also keep your Newman and go Fo/Fi or even just go Ranger there, but that's not a lot of progress saved over recreating. You'd want need a new mag if you're going to do that, though.

Rerolling isn't so bad at this point, since the real trouble starts at lv50+, but it's lost progress nonetheless. You should be able to get up to lv30 pretty fast, though.

gigawuts
Jun 27, 2013, 11:39 AM
Just to clarify: I have read that it is not a character slot, but a character creation ticket.

What's the difference? Well, a slot suggests you could delete and recreate up to two chars at a time. A ticket is a one use item, and would likely work exactly like an AC-bought ticket. In fact, I'll bet that's exactly what we all get - the AC ticket, except we get a single one for free.

strikerhunter
Jun 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
This is confirmed?

Yes, once deleted you lose that character slot. Think of it like a ticket, one use only.

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2013, 06:20 PM
Just to clarify: I have read that it is not a character slot, but a character creation ticket.

What's the difference? Well, a slot suggests you could delete and recreate up to two chars at a time. A ticket is a one use item, and would likely work exactly like an AC-bought ticket. In fact, I'll bet that's exactly what we all get - the AC ticket, except we get a single one for free.
Is there even a ticket you can buy for a new character? I thought you could only do it in the character selection screen.

Not that I doubt they won't distribute a ticket for this.

Gardios
Jun 27, 2013, 07:46 PM
Distributing a ticket might be problematic since that forces you to create the new character on a ship you already have a character on.

Does anyone have the Japanese source for the statement? I doubt they'd give us a free slot, but it can't hurt to check again anyway.

Inazuma
Jun 27, 2013, 07:51 PM
Distributing a ticket might be problematic since that forces you to create the new character on a ship you already have a character on.

Does anyone have the Japanese source for the statement? I doubt they'd give us a free slot, but it can't hurt to check again anyway.

I've been wondering this myself. What was the original source for the free character announcement? Was it during a Nico Nico live broadcast?