PDA

View Full Version : Curious About the Staff of PSO2

Arkanoid
Jun 27, 2013, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know more about the development staff of PSO2? I know Sakai is the producer and Hideaki Kobayashi composes the music, but it's hard to find much else. Wikipedia lists Akikazu Mizuno as an artist (he has worked on art in previous PSO titles) and Yu Suganuma as director (who I can only find a reference to on mobygames as having worked on Phantasy Star Portable).

I'm pretty sure the Vita version has a feature for viewing the credits, but I don't have that version. Does anyone see any other people who worked on the original PSO in the credits for 2? http://segaretro.org/Phantasy_Star_Online
I don't have the list of credits for the portable games or PSZ on hand but maybe someone recognizes something from there too?

Also, is the game even considered to be developed by Sonic Team? Normally you would see their logo when starting one of their games (although I don't recall this in Sonic Generations). I know some of the people I just listed are pretty much considered to be a part of Sonic Team but I don't really see any references to Sonic Team on anything official, I just remember seeing some preview articles before launch claiming that it was being developed by Sonic Team.

Dan Maku
Jun 27, 2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not even sure Sonic Team is around anymore, at least in name. Yes, Sonic games are still being made, but the question is: is Sonic Team still making them?

Moreso than that, I'm interested in knowing if Wavemaster is behind the soundtrack for this game? The music certainly sounds like Wavemaster's handiwork...

Z-0
Jun 27, 2013, 10:46 AM
You can view the credits on the title screen of the PC version.

Arkanoid
Jun 27, 2013, 05:25 PM
I never noticed that the credits were right there to look at from the title screen but now that I see them... well... they are VERY Japanese