PDA

View Full Version : Can i get a hand with sega?

Skyly HUmar
Jun 27, 2013, 11:51 PM
Can someone post me a link to their suggestion box? And since my Japanese is mediocre could someone translate "Please make it so normal variants of rare bosses have a chance to drop rare PAs, because it is extremely difficult to find them at a good level the way the game is set up now."?

Thanks in advance.

The Walrus
Jun 27, 2013, 11:55 PM
But Skyly, THAT'S THE IDEA MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skyly HUmar
Jun 27, 2013, 11:56 PM
And being subjected to rng to experience the game is bs so id like to tell them that.

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2013, 12:10 AM
RNG is fine. RNG on top of RNG (on top of RNG) is not.

Generally, I have all the PAs for rare enemies that pop up in areas I grind. But the ones I want are found from rare variants of enemies that I never see. In order to get the spear PAs, for instance, I have to solo run to the end of tundra exploration and hope I get the mob I need. But because of this EQ, I can find rare Zeshes all the time.

In short, we just need more EQs that have enemies which drop these disks.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 28, 2013, 12:30 AM
Well that would be one way to go about it lol. Im just trying to get to where my current character is on PAs for my duman.

still waiting for help though ._.

BlankM
Jun 28, 2013, 01:35 AM
>Endless Tundra Runs

>Still no assault buster lvl11+

This is what keeps me up at night.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 03:08 AM
I feel bad for new players who want rare PAs from AQs no one runs anymore. Oh you want Lv15 safoie you say? hahahaha...

EvilMag
Jun 28, 2013, 03:54 AM
I'm surprised no one runs Tundra AQ since you pretty much get free excubes there.

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 05:55 AM
What madness do you speak of?
The upgradeable Tundra 9* weapons drop often in the Tundra AQ, and with the AQ stones they can be upgraded to 10* and then traded for an Excube.

Z-0
Jun 28, 2013, 06:43 AM
The reason nobody runs Tundra is because the enemy composition in that quest is annoying. While wolves are easy to kill and no problem for anybody, Mammoths and Yetis provide countless problems, especially during bursts.

Mammoths are resistant to Zondeel, and their weakspot is on the top, meaning only Ranger with Cluster Bullet is going to hit them consistently, whereas Additional Bullet will hit its trunk. Yedes (both types), on the other hand, are resistant to all attack types to some degree unless you hit their face, which is not easy to hit since their arms get in the way of Additional Bullet, and if they're launching their snowball attack, Cluster Bullet will not always hit. THey also have a lot of HP so Forces with Zondeel cannot kill them quickly unless they go up close, so they hit either their back or face for more damage.

I played Tundra to 25 risk for the title, and I hated almost every minute of it. I was playing Gunner too, so that could also be why... Now that I have all the titles, I'm usually hanging around in Forest, Desert, City and Ruins, since they are superior AQs for experience (and thus excubes), and can drop nice items as well. Done correctly, a run of one AQ can net you over a million experience with a 75% booster (and even more with a triboost).

And that is why nobody runs Tundra!

Anyway, I highly doubt SEGA will take this request seriously, as it's been that way for months so I highly doubt it will change.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:46 AM
>Endless Tundra Runs

>Still no assault buster lvl11+

This is what keeps me up at night.

This for me, except additional bullet instead. I killed something like 20 rare banbans before saying F it. I never actually found anything higher than 8 after my first rare banban randomly encountered in an EMQ. Damnit RNG, this is why people want to be able to slowly level their PA's IN ADDITION to being able to find them. Maybe set a minimum enemy level for what can be used to level to what, i.e. you can only find level 11+ discs in VH so only level 51+ enemies count towards leveling up your PA's etc.

edit:
[spoiler-box]The reason nobody runs Tundra is because the enemy composition in that quest is annoying. While wolves are easy to kill and no problem for anybody, Mammoths and Yetis provide countless problems, especially during bursts.

Mammoths are resistant to Zondeel, and their weakspot is on the top, meaning only Ranger with Cluster Bullet is going to hit them consistently, whereas Additional Bullet will hit its trunk. Yedes (both types), on the other hand, are resistant to all attack types to some degree unless you hit their face, which is not easy to hit since their arms get in the way of Additional Bullet, and if they're launching their snowball attack, Cluster Bullet will not always hit. THey also have a lot of HP so Forces with Zondeel cannot kill them quickly unless they go up close, so they hit either their back or face for more damage.

I played Tundra to 25 risk for the title, and I hated almost every minute of it. I was playing Gunner too, so that could also be why... Now that I have all the titles, I'm usually hanging around in Forest, Desert, City and Ruins, since they are superior AQs for experience (and thus excubes), and can drop nice items as well. Done correctly, a run of one AQ can net you over a million experience with a 75% booster (and even more with a triboost).

[/spoiler-box]And that is why nobody runs Tundra!

Anyway, I highly doubt SEGA will take this request seriously, as it's been that way for months so I highly doubt it will change.

Using other spin on yetis, big and small, works. It's also extremely tedious after a while and requires attacking each one individually.

...But it's still an option if you've got a melee around...which I know a lot of AQ parties don't. For once party composition might actually matter beyond having a RA and a FO, and the result is nobody plays that map. GG sega.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 07:51 AM
Pretty much what Z-0 said. By the time you gather enough stones and the *9 daggers to get one cube, you could have had an amazing exit burst in city, ruins or desert (the only AQs I run nowadays..) which almost give you half a cube if it's really good.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:52 AM
I'm gonna need to get one of you guys to show me one of these mysterious exit bursts. All the cool kids are talking about them.

Rien
Jun 28, 2013, 07:58 AM
Exit Bursts give you no time to pick up the drops and most of the stuff have a good chance to be overridden.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna need to get one of you guys to show me one of these mysterious exit bursts. All the cool kids are talking about them.

Well you pretty much just have to manage to burst with your backs to the entrance of area 2 or 3. All the monsters will spawn in large clumps in front of you and the party can use additional bullet spam and tech nuke to vaporize the enemies. Because of AQs prioritizing exit bursts nowadays certain classes become useless in certain AQs because they cant kill the enemy types there fast enough, like RA/HUs in mines and HU/FIs in desert.

Exit Bursts give you no time to pick up the drops and most of the stuff have a good chance to be overridden.

You can always just run once and awhile to the pile of boxes on the floor and pick them up. 3:

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 08:16 AM
Personally I don't like exit bursts, they kinda feel like cheating and spamming PAs in a somewhat safe place is just boring... but meh, whatever...

Alisha
Jun 28, 2013, 08:19 AM
i got assault buster faily easy it was slide end that took countless mines AQ's to get and i could of easily missed it.

also EX cubes are lame for me personally they are almost as worthless as iristia stones

Meji
Jun 28, 2013, 08:37 AM
Personally I don't like exit bursts, they kinda feel like cheating and spamming PAs in a somewhat safe place is just boring... but meh, whatever...I feel the same about them, but the reason I'm doing them is because of the Caps that you get out of it, so you can boss-rush for the nice rares.

If SEGA wouldn't have put the Advance Capsules there in the first place, I don't think I would have bothered with Exit Bursts at all. Sure, the EXP is nice, but it's just so boring.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 08:55 AM
I think AQs are boring in general really.. which is why I'm glad we have exit bursts, to mix it up once and awhile.

Z-0
Jun 28, 2013, 09:05 AM
I think Exit Bursts are fun. Seeing EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP EXP and watching all the enemies die is pretty fun.

Progress is what I find fun in this game. Exit Bursts are just a means to an end.

Also, the whole "overwrite" thing doesn't really matter too much providing that you watch out for rares (Which is still sometimes really hard), as after the burst is done, you'll have made over 10 capsules anyway to keep going. SEGA should still make rares show up on the radar or something though...

Zenobia
Jun 28, 2013, 09:17 AM
Personally I don't like exit bursts, they kinda feel like cheating and spamming PAs in a somewhat safe place is just boring... but meh, whatever...

Sense its cheating to you explain to me why it is bad to further make your "Cheating Case" hold value.

How does wanting more exp merit cheating,how does wanting more caps merit cheating, how does wanting a good chance at rare's merit cheating.

So I take it if you run out of caps you don't mind buying em? This si what you're tellign me.

I feel the same about them, but the reason I'm doing them is because of the Caps that you get out of it, so you can boss-rush for the nice rares.

If SEGA wouldn't have put the Advance Capsules there in the first place, I don't think I would have bothered with Exit Bursts at all. Sure, the EXP is nice, but it's just so boring.

Agreed here and tbh if you're going to run AQ's in the best way possible you would want to do exit burst as it nets you so many capsules like a baws also I've net myself some nice rares here and there.

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 09:37 AM
Sense its cheating to you explain to me why it is bad to further make your "Cheating Case" hold value.

How does wanting more exp merit cheating,how does wanting more caps merit cheating, how does wanting a good chance at rare's merit cheating.

So I take it if you run out of caps you don't mind buying em? This si what you're tellign me.
I didn't say that it's cheating, I said that it feels like cheating. It's exploiting something that was meant to be done in a different way, in bursts we are meant to be surrounded by enemies, not to have enemies coming from a single direction and spamming only ranged attacks from a somewhat safe spot.
For me exit bursts are like the safe spots in PSU that some people used to lvl up technics and bullets, places where the enemies couldn't reach and so some people exploited those to make leveling up techs and bullets easier.

I'm not criticizing those that do exit bursts though, in my previous post I only meant that I don't like exit bursts, and if I'm in a party where the players want to do an exit burst, I have no choice but to go with them, even if I don't like.

Oh, and run out of caps? Well, it's possible to run out of a specific type of capsules if someone only spams a certain type of AQs, but running out of all capsules is very hard to believe. I play mostly casually and yet I have 305/174/212 capsules, I never had to buy capsules.

Zenobia
Jun 28, 2013, 09:40 AM
I didn't say that it's cheating, I said that it feels like cheating. It's exploiting something that was meant to be done in a different way, in bursts we are meant to be surrounded by enemies, not to have enemies coming from a single direction and spamming only ranged attacks from a somewhat safe spot.
For me exit bursts are like the safe spots in PSU that some people used to lvl up technics and bullets, places where the enemies couldn't reach and so some people exploited those to make leveling up techs and bullets easier.

I'm not criticizing those that do exit bursts though, in my previous post I only meant that I don't like exit bursts, and if I'm in a party where the players want to do an exit burst, I have no choice but to go with them, even if I don't like.

Oh, and run out of caps? Well, it's possible to run out of a specific type of capsules if someone only spams a certain type of AQs, but running out of all capsules is very hard to believe. I play mostly casually and yet I have 305/174/212 capsules, I never had to buy capsules.

Just wanted to make sure because that's what it almost sounded like, I would like to say yeah don't blame the players blame the company for that not our fault we are taking advantage of something that hasn't and still is there.

Also the caps thing was a scenario, wasn't really implying you buy them.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 09:50 AM
To be honest, I guess I could kinda see how people could see it as "cheating", but if Sega also considered it an exploit I'd be indifferent cuz I personally don't respect Sega enough to care. :s

BTW this thread went way off tangent.

AgemFrostMage
Jun 28, 2013, 11:22 AM

Because strategic and efficient planning is cheating =) Seriously, since when? Safe spots are utilizing strategic positions, something certain western games suck at because of the dumb evades they do, but the bad guy under you punches the air and you take damage but he doesn't take damage from fireballs! The opposite should happen, not melee harming ranged when melee can't reach.

gravityvx
Jun 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
Exploiting isn't technically cheating, and that's all exit bursts are, exploiting a spawn limited area. So it's completely legit, they would have changed the spawn point if it really was an issue.

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2013, 11:54 AM
I got lv15 AB and lv15 AB in the same Tundra AQ run~

Too bad I don't use either one!

Also pure fire Fo/Fi rocks Tundra AQ at low-medium risk. LFM since I have three of the 9* turn ins and no stones since nobody runs Tundra AQ.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 28, 2013, 01:46 PM
I got lv15 AB and lv15 AB in the same Tundra AQ run~

Too bad I don't use either one!

Also pure fire Fo/Fi rocks Tundra AQ at low-medium risk. LFM since I have three of the 9* turn ins and no stones since nobody runs Tundra AQ.

I did too actually, just missing the ones for my duman.

And thanks for the hand guys.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2013, 01:48 PM
I've barely even played the AQs, because my friends never want to. Anyone want to take me on some runs, and be very patient with my n00bishness? :)

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2013, 01:51 PM
And thanks for the hand guys.
Sorry, I can't help with your request, but I still wanted to post.

BlankM
Jun 28, 2013, 11:22 PM
Exit bursts...I mean at least its something that takes co-ordination! Granted, there is luck involved with enemy spawns(Depending on risk) but knowing how to stick together for more spawns and taking efficient routes to a corner/exit while pse isn't active then knowing how to successfully activate pse/cross-burst with multiple party comps/splitting up takes more thought then just running through and clearing every wave mindlessly.

And yes Tundra is just bad for bursts imo... keeping up a burst is with those enemies is difficult if you aren't already cross-bursting from a good wave of fangulfs or yedes. My personal experience making it a little easier is having a fi/hu DA zondeel'd king yede's. And hoping they just don't show up often. Not to mention that a lot of tundra's exit's are really ugly looking for bursts. Hills, walls, and pits can really mess up spawn positioning.

Rien
Jun 29, 2013, 03:21 AM

I don't like them because I'm a hunter without a gunslash. This means I'm limited to whatever "ranged" photon arts I can use.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 1, 2013, 01:16 PM
bump.

Gardios
Jul 1, 2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think there's a suggestion box, you probably have to wait for their next enquete.

I feel bad for new players who want rare PAs from AQs no one runs anymore. Oh you want Lv15 safoie you say? hahahaha...

...as someone who hasn't touched AQ yet, this sounds really terrible. :(

Punisher106
Jul 1, 2013, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised no one runs Tundra AQ since you pretty much get free excubes there.

I need those damn stones to get a Rogue coffin. ;_;