PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 July 2013 Tidbits

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 05:28 AM
Just saw this posted in bumped, quoting:

Shougai (a Japanese PSO Fansite) released some information from the latest Dengeki and Famitsu magazines which seems to have caused quite a furor. Here’s what you can expect in July!

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/My-Room-Update.jpg

In July, “My Room” is getting a new feature that lets you save and switch between two room layouts (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130628a.html)! For example, everything you see in the room pictured to the left (including the furniture) was saved as “Layout Pattern A.” Everything you see in the room pictured on the right was saved as “Layout Pattern B.” With this new feature, you’ll now be able to switch between these two layout patterns instantly. (According to the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P7vIuE9tYJM), the my room menu also lists “mini room” as a layout pattern.) In addition, they’re also going to increase the total furniture placement cost from 100 to 150.

Free Partners (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130627a.html) are another new feature coming in July. This opens up the NPC partner system to all players even if they’re not registered as friends. At the Visiphone, you can register your character as a “free partner” which lets other players summon them in quests. Both players receive FUN, and there’s even a friend request at the end of the quest.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Key-Matter.jpg

You might remember this one a while back in the rumors list. It’s going to be a lot easier going through the matter board (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130626b.html) in July. The main route that lets you advance through the orange orbs will have 100% drop rate. Unfortunately, this is only limited to Episode 1′s matter boards.

Last but not least is the subclass EXP controversy (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/06/130626a.html). The subclass will now gain 10% of the EXP until it reaches level 40. If you want to level it any higher, you’ll have to switch to that class. Sorry, it may not be the news you wanted to hear, but by now you should always expect a catch from SEGA.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Photon-Blast.jpg

What could this be?
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-july-2013-tidbits/

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2013, 05:49 AM
Interestin'...

I guess...

Still hope the mini room ONLY means mini room.... And not like... less customization other than furniture amount. <_<

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2013, 06:01 AM
New photon blasts eh? Looks awesome

oOSAROo
Jun 28, 2013, 06:02 AM
i like it too .. with big sword :3 (3x new PB) !

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 06:09 AM
so sega is thinking that its fine to bump up the levels of enemies to sanctum levels in all free fields? or is that super hard in last pic? either way lawl

Xaeris
Jun 28, 2013, 06:14 AM
That's probably Super Hard. That's most likely a test client pictured, judging from the new PB icon on the subpalette (speaking of which, lol @ Stun Grenade and Bind Bullet), so I imagine that SH is there for testing as well.

Hrith
Jun 28, 2013, 06:18 AM
RAcast called Gillian XP

Can't wait for partner machines, too few decent NPCs to summon.

That's probably Super Hard. That's most likely a test client pictured, judging from the new PB icon on the subpalette (speaking of which, lol @ Stun Grenade and Bind Bullet), so I imagine that SH is there for testing as well.God I hope not. If SH monsters are not LV61+, it's gonna be utter crap.

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 06:42 AM
so sega is thinking that its fine to bump up the levels of enemies to sanctum levels in all free fields? or is that super hard in last pic? either way lawl
It's probably neither, they often have enemies at levels not available for the players in pictures or trailers, like the lvl 16 Rockbear here at around 1:35:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

Reiketsu
Jun 28, 2013, 06:52 AM
The thing about two room layouts is awesome.
But the sub class exp thing... is absolutely worthless...
If it's not at least 25% and goes all the way instead of stopping at lv 40, they might as well not implement it, at all.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2013, 06:55 AM
I hadn't even caught that before. Subclasses only get EXP until they hit 40? Haaaaaaa

Gee SEGA, that's about the time people would actually want them to get EXP. Nice job.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 07:03 AM
It's probably neither, they often have enemies at levels not available for the players in pictures or trailers, like the lvl 16 Rockbear here at around 1:35:

?????????1?????????????????Part1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU)

that part with the rockbear doesn't even have a quest objective, nor the emergency trial so you can't really compare those

Zenobia
Jun 28, 2013, 07:04 AM
I hadn't even caught that before. Subclasses only get EXP until they hit 40? Haaaaaaa

Gee SEGA, that's about the time people would actually want them to get EXP. Nice job.

Its been explained already in this thread I already cleared up any speculation Z-0 provided the source.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209804

Aine
Jun 28, 2013, 07:15 AM
Controllable photon blasts? Gilliam's pose matches the PB and you can see the JA circle.

Ezodagrom
Jun 28, 2013, 07:18 AM
that part with the rockbear doesn't even have a quest objective, nor the emergency trial so you can't really compare those
Hmm, I didn't even notice that...

I really doubt it's super hard, for it to be introduced together with the lvl 65 cap, it wouldn't make sense for it to have just lvl 50+ enemies.
Plus I doubt they would start teasing SH so soon.

Bumping up the levels of enemies in Very Hard is a possibility, maybe a rebalance of every difficulty mode?

Another possibility could be new free fields for old areas (like, Desert Exploration II?)...

Or...it's just something that they were testing and will not be implemented...

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
after they censored the weapon grinds in that last accident i'd rather think they'd censor the enemies levels or use existing quests to show that "blast" but since it's not a case i'd imagine it's part of the "new content"

Maenara
Jun 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
I'm fine with the subclass EXP thing. I think it would be very weird to find a 60/60 FO/FI with zero experience playing as a Fighter.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:30 AM
I'm fine with the subclass EXP thing. I think it would be very weird to find a 60/60 FO/FI with zero experience playing as a Fighter.

Yes, it would be, because you only get 10% exp for your sub so it would take a ridiculously long time to do it exclusively that way.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't get any up to level 60 at all.

People try to say it's not for people to reach the cap, it's just for people to get their classes to very hard. To which I say: That is a dumb idea, that was already ridiculously easy and not the reason anyone wanted subclass exp for.

Which is why they did it, though. +1 feature, +0 changes to game.

Vandread
Jun 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
Controllable photon blasts? Gilliam's pose matches the PB and you can see the JA circle.
Look at the pic again.

The Blast has the left arm towards the camera (look at tail on the ass and position of the legs), right arm wields the sword.
RACasts pose is the opposite, right arm towards the camera (it's looking at the mobs).
Directions they're viewing at also don't match.

(Overdone image here (http://i.imgur.com/a75Hp1x.png) in case you can't see what I'm trying to convey)

JA circle might be from another attack it did or so. Dunno, can't explain that from the image.

As for the subclass thing - left my thing on the other thread on it, not gonna throw even more fuel down. Even if Shougai's using other magazines, I still doubt 'em cause they at times take facts and add their own speculation to it anyway... either way, if it's legit, then so be it.

Makes it useful for new players so they can catch up to the established population a bit quicker. Old players get some other means to level a new class up to 40 so they can continue playing on VH (be it efficient or no, whatever). That's about it.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:43 AM
Yeah, but with client orders they were already playing exclusively in VH while leveling subs. I'm not buying that as a reason.

Also, this is probably just level 3 PB's. I doubt they'd give us controllable PA's yet. They're probably saving that for when they add Beasts.

Z-0
Jun 28, 2013, 07:54 AM
The game starts at AQ anyway, not VH.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 07:55 AM
Too goddamn true.

They should really go back and turn more of the game into being like AQ's :/

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2013, 07:56 AM

Look again, you clearly see he is wielding his rifle and strafes to the left, he's attacking alongside the new PB.

Rien
Jun 28, 2013, 07:57 AM
The new pb isn't any of the pb beasts we know.

Maybe AC scratch PB devices.

Vandread
Jun 28, 2013, 08:00 AM
@gigawuts:
"Inefficient, I still want excubes" ? *shrug*

In all honesty though, if they wanted a system that strictly benefits those leveling their sub while main is capped at 60 then they would've let you choose whether to donate XP to your sub (based on your subs level), or let it go towards Excubes instead.

Personally, I'm not one to think that "developers are morons", cause usually they think things through pretty well. That makes me think that they did it like this for another reason. The only one that I can't simply write off is that it's meant for new characters/players, to get to Very Hard quicker - or to get to their friends quicker without sacrificing their subclass (and having it massively under-leveled). In a sense, on 40 a subclass can stand on its own two feet (*) and is still in Very Hard difficulty too.

(*)excl Fo casts, which would need the itemization issue fixed, one stat under 100% I can sort of see, but two stats is kinda wonky. Even more-so if there's barely alternative gear to fill in slots depending on one of those stats.

Not sure how I feel on a statement whether the game starts at AQ or VH in general though. I do know that I personally prefer playing AQs as well, simply because the spawns are bigger (and I usually end up soloing or duoing - tiny spawns are just zzzzz). Maybe they're planning more gamemodes like AQ, or simply lower level AQs. It's kinda awkward in general to have 'em require level 45, while monsters are 56. Massive XP penalty says hi.

[edit]
Lvl60 char on 19ish mil XP, 10% of that would be 1.9mil.
That ignores COs though, which well, won't give you 10% to your subclass, I figure.
You'd end up pretty close to a 40 (1.4mil XP) subclass if taking it from 1-60.
*shrug*

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 08:12 AM
@gigawuts:
"Inefficient, I still want excubes" ? *shrug*That isn't what I said. At all. I would've thought you'd stop putting words in peoples' mouths when I shamelessly compared you to Hitler for being bad at forums. Both of my highest level classes are 57, and it is unlikely they will actually reach the cap for a good while. I do not churn through exit bursts, I do not spam AQ's, I do not do anything that gives a major gain in exp anymore because I don't feel like sitting and playing continuously for hours on end and cannot actually assemble a team to do so anymore (because they've all found people to fill my spot in their regular running team). This is why I wanted subclass exp. I could gain at least something tangible for my sub without having to tediously do CO's and without having to worry about acquiring new gear for both classes over time to be anything but a wasted party slot while leveling my sub. This is the point you and other people are completely and repeatedly missing.

[SPOILER-BOX]In all honesty though, if they wanted a system that strictly benefits those leveling their sub while main is capped at 60 then they would've let you choose whether to donate XP to your sub (based on your subs level), or let it go towards Excubes instead.

Personally, I'm not one to think that "developers are morons", cause usually they think things through pretty well. That makes me think that they did it like this for another reason. The only one that I can't simply write off is that it's meant for new characters/players, to get to Very Hard quicker - or to get to their friends quicker without sacrificing their subclass (and having it massively under-leveled). In a sense, on 40 a subclass can stand on its own two feet (*) and is still in Very Hard difficulty too.

(*)excl Fo casts, which would need the itemization issue fixed, one stat under 100% I can sort of see, but two stats is kinda wonky. Even more-so if there's barely alternative gear to fill in slots depending on one of those stats.

Not sure how I feel on a statement whether the game starts at AQ or VH in general though. I do know that I personally prefer playing AQs as well, simply because the spawns are bigger (and I usually end up soloing or duoing - tiny spawns are just zzzzz). Maybe they're planning more gamemodes like AQ, or simply lower level AQs. It's kinda awkward in general to have 'em require level 45, while monsters are 56. Massive XP penalty says hi.

[edit]
Lvl60 char on 19ish mil XP, 10% of that would be 1.9mil.
That ignores COs though, which well, won't give you 10% to your subclass, I figure.
*shrug*[/SPOILER-BOX]So none of this actually applies to me or what I've said.

Reiketsu
Jun 28, 2013, 08:12 AM
*shrug*

The thing is, you unlock sub class access at level 20 and the advanced classes at 30. So you can only start enjoying the sub class exp once your main class is either 20 or already 30.

Also, what Giga said right above me.

Alisha
Jun 28, 2013, 08:13 AM
id be ok with the subclass getting exp capping at 40 if the % was higher. this is one of those things where the game being f2p gets in the way.

also why the hell are they still wasting resources and team and room shit....

Vandread
Jun 28, 2013, 08:43 AM
The thing is, you unlock sub class access at level 20 and the advanced classes at 30. So you can only start enjoying the sub class exp once your main class is either 20 or already 30.

EDIT: Also, what Giga said right above me.
Lvl30 class is 685.000 XP according to XPtables on Cirno (my lowest is 40, I can't verify the tables). Then you could knock it down to 18mil instead of 19mil. 10% of that being 1.8mil, which is more than 1.4mil still. (Regardless of that, it'd be interesting to actually see if you generate 4+mil from CO's from a trip of 30-60.)

That isn't what I said. At all. I would've thought you'd stop putting words in peoples' mouths when I shamelessly compared you to Hitler for being bad at forums.
I ain't. In general, people still want excubes, yes or no? If I ain't allowed to make a remark about a general thought then okay... Maybe I oughta just back the hell off this board 'cause it definitely ain't gonna be for me.

And ya, I'm so bad at forums, really, so bad... >.>

Both of my highest level classes are 57, and it is unlikely they will actually reach the cap for a good while. I do not churn through exit bursts, I do not spam AQ's, I do not do anything that gives a major gain in exp anymore because I don't feel like sitting and playing continuously for hours on end and cannot actually assemble a team to do so anymore (because they've all found people to fill my spot in their regular running team).
I soloed my way to 60 on my fighter, so I pretty much know all that stuff as well. I ended up trying to duo AQs, just because it would be something different - and the first few horribly missfired and caused losses in capsules over and over, to the point of both myself and Kitoshi kinda wondering about whether to carry on and see if it'd get better or just to give up.

Can't say I really have a regular party either. If Kitoshi feels like playing, we get an AQ or two done nowadays, that's about it. Though yes, there has been some weeks where we got to +40ish risk or so, but at the moment neither of us has a reason nor the will to actually do something like that.

I kinda hate that premade stuff left and right all the same anyway, it just pushes people that are out, even further way. If someone else is online in my team and wants to run AQ, I take 'em along, I dun care. Same with TA's. If no room? *shrug* We had a group of 5 online once, I had no problem at all stepping out and making space and doing something else. Then again, I guess my team's just a group of more casual oriented players.

This is why I wanted subclass exp. I could gain at least something tangible for my sub without having to tediously do CO's and without having to worry about acquiring new gear for both classes over time to be anything but a wasted party slot while leveling my sub. This is the point you and other people are completely and repeatedly missing.
From that PoV, I can understand very well what's going on. Hell, my Fighter had terribad gear in general as well (not like my Hunter had any better, and I leveled that afterwards). I hate and rage on RNG just the same as everyone else. Though that's part of the game, I guess, kinda come to terms with that.

If you only have a few a day, best returns would be Hans and Revelle, even if it's measly amounts. 4x Zesh, 4x Wolga, stack up the Speed Annihilations as well and I think you're around 100k. Doesn't take that long to do those either. 100k doesn't sound that much (and it really isn't, I agree), but mob kills and emergency trials you run into stack up the number further. I very much agree that it turns into a chore to keep up, catch up, whatever way you wanna put it - but it seems that's simply part of the games design. Whether that is the right or wrong choice, depends on person-to-person. Ultimately, SEGA is trying to make the game last. If you hit cap on all your stuff in no-time, you're probably just gonna back away from the game, since everything might feel like it's just pointless. That's the other side of the coin.

also why the hell are they still wasting resources and team and room shit....
Certain divisions handle certain things. Not like 1 person can shift from something like 3dmodeling to working on the programming. Even within programming you have stuff like combat-related programming aside of 'general game mechanics' like Dudu.

I don't think that anyone actually sits still and twiddles their thumbs. Some stuff just makes it in and it results in a "huh wat" from players, but that only happened to get in because they had nothing to do.

Meji
Jun 28, 2013, 08:43 AM
I think 10% is a fair amount of EXP shared to the sub-classes, but I can't see why they did put the LV40-limit in there. Once they get above LV40 either way, the 10% EXP shared will barely be noticed.

Hrith
Jun 28, 2013, 08:50 AM
I agree the subclass exp thing is a joke, but how does it even affect anyone negatively? This update is purely beneficial. So you either get 10% more exp or get 0% more, but you get nothing less. I see no reason to complain!

Z-0
Jun 28, 2013, 08:51 AM
The reason there's complaints is that SEGA puts forward a feature and people get excited for it, expecting what should happen finally, but it doesn't because SEGA is incompetent.

When subclass EXP was announced, you should've seen the excitement from JP players. The entire Nico stream was full of おおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおォおおおおおおおおおお おおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおおお おおおおおおおおおおお for about 5 minutes or something. I'm sure most people aren't excited anymore.

That's all there is to it.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 08:52 AM
how does it affect anyone negatively? as someone mentioned previously somewhere: normal mode and hard mode become a wasteland for newbies

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 08:55 AM
It means that they've decided on how to implement this feature, and unless they make a habit of going back and revamping features completely that they will not implement something for high level characters.

So yes. The loss is a potentially better feature. This will be "good enough" until PSO3.

Alisha
Jun 28, 2013, 08:56 AM
read on on F2p buisiness models and you will find out why.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 09:18 AM
don't blame it on f2p, especially when even the shittiest f2p games don't have shit like 1 time character creation tickets instead of permanent slots
f2p by sega is even worse than nexon

Zenobia
Jun 28, 2013, 09:23 AM
don't blame it on f2p, especially when even the shittiest f2p games don't have shit like 1 time character creation tickets instead of permanent slots
f2p by sega is even worse than nexon

You forgot this is the same person who compared ppl whining about premium to ppl asking for food stamps. Do you not understand how single minded and condescending she can be?

Jakosifer
Jun 28, 2013, 10:07 AM
:D New photon blasts!!!

/still going to use Cetus Proi on melee anyway

Alisha
Jun 28, 2013, 10:34 AM
You forgot this is the same person who compared ppl whining about premium to ppl asking for food stamps. Do you not understand how single minded and condescending she can be?

that was before someone explained to me how the f2p buisiness model works. they need to keep you playing so they cant let you get what you want too quickly.

Zenobia
Jun 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
that was before someone explained to me how the f2p buisiness model works. they need to keep you playing so they cant let you get what you want too quickly.

Hmmm...okay I hear ya fair enough.

Vandread
Jun 28, 2013, 11:18 AM
how does it affect anyone negatively? as someone mentioned previously somewhere: normal mode and hard mode become a wasteland for newbies
Kind of wonder how many "well established" people actually leveled their low level classes through normal. My guess is, not a whole lot, since CO-feeding up to 30 is more than manageable. 40 is doable with some patience (abusing TA's, various random daily COs from the likes of Hans and such). And it's not necessarily going to be the case that everyone's going to grind their other classes up via leech-method on the main class either.

Other than that, newbies profit right now from the fact that the start of the game is extremely mellowed down (going by what Zenobia said). I'm not quite sure how long they'd actually spend on Normal and Hard right now though. I can find out eventually; I FTP-served my client to a mate of mine who started out yesterday late-night.

Ultimately with more and more game features being added that work from the get-go, the lower levels will only become faster and faster anyway. It shouldn't be that big of an issue. Wasn't ARKS Road some tutorial system or so? Maybe that'll give new players gear or so to help them level faster?

It means that they've decided on how to implement this feature, and unless they make a habit of going back and revamping features completely that they will not implement something for high level characters.Item Grinding & Tekking Lab got adjusted as part of the whole economy revamp. TA's were also altered to support 1-man attempts instead of needing a party. Not sure if you classify TA as a feature of the game though. (And this is not specifically for high-levels, though with the amount of MST gathered through it, as well as higher levels simply having better gear and thus being able to do it at a much faster pace, etc.)

So yes. The loss is a potentially better feature. This will be "good enough" until PSO3.
I'd not judge this as it is, I'd judge it the moment they're not going to make adjustments as the game progresses. By that I mean level cap raises, additional difficulties, etc. 'sides that, if using the average response (that means not yours specifically, before I get labelled again) around here as a basis, perhaps the JP fanbase feels the same and will start plugging in various suggestions. If they're that disappointed, then maybe it'll get altered further down the road.

All in all though, in general though, one could say expectations were far too high.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
Kind of wonder how many "well established" people actually leveled their low level classes through normal. My guess is, not a whole lot, since CO-feeding up to 30 is more than manageable. 40 is doable with some patience (abusing TA's, various random daily COs from the likes of Hans and such). And it's not necessarily going to be the case that everyone's going to grind their other classes up via leech-method on the main class either.

Other than that, newbies profit right now from the fact that the start of the game is extremely mellowed down (going by what Zenobia said). I'm not quite sure how long they'd actually spend on Normal and Hard right now though. I can find out eventually; I FTP-served my client to a mate of mine who started out yesterday late-night.

Ultimately with more and more game features being added that work from the get-go, the lower levels will only become faster and faster anyway. It shouldn't be that big of an issue. Wasn't ARKS Road some tutorial system or so? Maybe that'll give new players gear or so to help them level faster?
Item Grinding & Tekking Lab got adjusted as part of the whole economy revamp. TA's were also altered to support 1-man attempts instead of needing a party. Not sure if you classify TA as a feature of the game though. (And this is not specifically for high-levels, though with the amount of MST gathered through it, as well as higher levels simply having better gear and thus being able to do it at a much faster pace, etc.)

uh, no, newbies don't profit from koffee buffs like you hope they would, the only people who really profit from those are players who played the game for a fairly long time and can just speedrun through the koffee COs
but when you are new to the game and are supposed to solo snow cats? haha

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
uh, no, newbies don't profit from koffee buffs like you hope they would, the only people who really profit from those are players who played the game for a fairly long time and can just speedrun through the koffee COs
but when you are new to the game and are supposed to solo snow cats? haha

Eh, I hafta disagree here. It is sort of impossible nowadays to be level 6 through 10 anymore because the koffee orer to unlock forest brings you from lv5 to lv12. I've never played a game where they just pump so much exp into you. And you don't have to solo banthers. You could always join a team or ask someone in b20 for help, I'm sure someone would be willing to lend a hand.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2013, 12:29 PM
Item Grinding & Tekking Lab got adjusted as part of the whole economy revamp. TA's were also altered to support 1-man attempts instead of needing a party. Not sure if you classify TA as a feature of the game though. (And this is not specifically for high-levels, though with the amount of MST gathered through it, as well as higher levels simply having better gear and thus being able to do it at a much faster pace, etc.)

Players had been complaining since literally before day 1 about dudu, and it took them something like 8 months to do even the slightest, most inconsequential change. After that had zero effect they did another, actual change. Look how long it took them to change Hunter - and then when it blatantly overpowered Ranger to the point of being Ranger's only sub, they nerf Hunter instead of actually resolving the real problem (RA's bonuses being too high/versatile and GU's bonuses being too low/situational. HU's weapons are too situational for its own bonuses to be as overpowered as a class that can hit things at long range without travel time between every enemy.).

They have demonstrated that they are only willing to do things that merely superficially appear to make a difference, but do not actually change the status quo.

Making TA's soloable was to accommodate individual players and casual players. I honestly feel the ability to solo them was only an afterthought compared to making them way easier and more accessible, as a capped source of revenue added in tandem with the vendor prices nerf - compared to MPAing for profits which gave players effectively limitless income so long as they were willing to play. Players having major sources of revenue without paying real money is a bad thing for business. That was not them being generous, it was them tightening their grip on what players are able to accomplish.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 12:37 PM
Eh, I hafta disagree here. It is sort of impossible nowadays to be level 6 through 10 anymore because the koffee orer to unlock forest brings you from lv5 to lv12. I've never played a game where they just pump so much exp into you. And you don't have to solo banthers. You could always join a team or ask someone in b20 for help, I'm sure someone would be willing to lend a hand.

you are assuming that newbies know their way around the game community or are even willing to actively pursue help from other players
do you ever see japanese people chat in the public? i only see convos between friends or teammates or the emergency/advance quests calls

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2013, 12:43 PM
I love how every single official screenshot has garbage on the pallete like traps and photon flare

Are they trying to promote those underused skills instead of fixing them? They must be aware...

Coatl
Jun 28, 2013, 12:58 PM
Are they trying to promote those underused skills instead of fixing them? They must be aware...

Maybe not..

o0Kais0o
Jun 28, 2013, 01:50 PM
you are assuming that newbies know their way around the game community or are even willing to actively pursue help from other players
do you ever see japanese people chat in the public? i only see convos between friends or teammates or the emergency/advance quests calls

Hell on ship 9 you don't see much chat at at all, japanese or english. You might occasionally get a few symbol arts being flashed up, but unless theres an eq thats it lol.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2013, 02:03 PM
thats a good point too, there is too fucking many ships, they should start merging them

Zenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 06:53 AM
Well that PB we see now, I guess it isn't a 3rd pb stage, but rather a whole new one.

New Photon Blast Ilios
It targets the enemy the player is attacking.
Also Rumor is you can get him at the Excube exchange shop that's just a rumor though.

http://i.imgur.com/BHOzaKO.jpg (http://imgur.com/BHOzaKO)

Ezodagrom
Jun 29, 2013, 07:05 AM
Well that PB we see now, I guess it isn't a 3rd pb stage, but rather a whole new one.

New Photon Blast Ilios
It targets the enemy the player is attacking.
Also Rumor is you can get him at the Excube exchange shop that's just a rumor though.

http://i.imgur.com/BHOzaKO.jpg (http://imgur.com/BHOzaKO)
A bunch of pictures from the SEGA PSO2 twitter (including that new PB one):
[spoiler-box]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN54c5pCIAAZQbk.jpg:large

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN538XMCcAAy6IL.jpg:large

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN52RZVCYAAUsDQ.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN5zrWVCUAAe9IC.jpg:large

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN5zY9jCIAEAxy3.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN5w0Q_CQAARpMk.jpg:large

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN5wiwzCEAIyLYp.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]

Arios
Jun 29, 2013, 07:07 AM
The System section of EP2's subpage is now available:

http://pso2.jp/ep2/system/

Just a few info (that we already know <_<) regarding Arks Road, Mini Room and Support Partners.

jooozek
Jun 29, 2013, 07:09 AM
wtf @ RARE DROP

Arios
Jun 29, 2013, 07:11 AM
wtf @ RARE DROP

Pretty useful during a big cross burst :lol:

Zenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 07:16 AM
wtf @ RARE DROP

Yep Jp players have been saying they wish to know if a rare dropped cause Zondeel's make it hard to hear em so now they are adding a Rare Drop Indicator so you now know where dropped no more having to listen for it I could be wrong though but that evidence......

Check it out~!

Edit: Seems Ezo beat me to it.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/2WOQm0l.jpg (http://imgur.com/2WOQm0l)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Saffran
Jun 29, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joozek > merging ships? Do you know how small these servers are? Don't you notice how each block is stock-full during events? If anything, they should add new ones...

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2013, 07:39 AM
lol, that new double-saber PA looks like....Deadly Archer. Hurf.

Z-0
Jun 29, 2013, 07:40 AM
Probably going to be Deadly Archer that goes around you, most likely (the name is Deadly Circle).

jooozek
Jun 29, 2013, 07:40 AM
Joozek > merging ships? Do you know how small these servers are? Don't you notice how each block is stock-full during events? If anything, they should add new ones...

uh, if anything they should merge them and just make them bigger
why would you want to split the playerbase even further? if this site (http://www.the-ghf-clan.de/pso2portliste.html) is to be believed then they even have separate servers for block ranges - nothing stops them from making ships bigger and merging them

NoiseHERO
Jun 29, 2013, 07:50 AM
What are those two middle weapons on the melee PAs? @_@

My eyes hurt.

Saffran
Jun 29, 2013, 09:05 AM
>why would you want to split the playerbase even further?
Adding new servers will allow people to actually log in during an event. You probably didn't notice that ship 1, 6 and 10 were at full capacity during Falz last week.

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'd rather see additional sections in blocks than more blocks.

The game kind of really badly needs more areas to meander about in without actually being in an MPA.

Make it work like PSU's system except merge all the counter listings. Have a teleporter on a beach or something, players will go gaga over that. Give us little areas to explore in the city, too. They make the lobby seem so cut off from the game universe that it just seems...shallow.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 29, 2013, 09:27 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Astarte-Arks-Road.jpg
This girl is poorly constructed

jooozek
Jun 29, 2013, 09:30 AM
Adding new servers will allow people to actually log in during an event. You probably didn't notice that ship 1, 6 and 10 were at full capacity during Falz last week.

uh, right
it would allow people that have characters on those ships to login during those times right
yup, making new ships would allow them to log in
yup

Zenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 09:32 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Astarte-Arks-Road.jpg
This girl is poorly constructed

Lesson Learned...never let Sega create cast NPC's just like they did the one in team room....

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2013, 09:39 AM
That's not a cast. There's no beep. Or boop. There's just a metal thing on her head.

I can't clang to this!

Saffran
Jun 29, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joozek> That attitude has to stop.

jooozek
Jun 29, 2013, 10:10 AM
my altitude is fine thanks

oOSAROo
Jun 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
i think she is cast :-P

http://the-ghf-clan.de/pso2/pictures/pso2ce2.jpg

UnLucky
Jun 29, 2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah, they really need bigger blocks. Even premium players with their limited premium section can't find groups nor switch between the full blocks where the actual action is happening.

Kitoshi
Jun 29, 2013, 10:54 AM
What are those two middle weapons on the melee PAs? @_@

My eyes hurt.

I believe the upper middle one is the new gunner "heel stomp" (was the same picture in a magazine a while back).

The lower middle is anyone's guess.

Rien
Jun 29, 2013, 11:46 AM
It must be Gunslash's Kreisenschlag.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 29, 2013, 12:37 PM

Only 3?

But seriously, I don't see why they just make 'super-servers' that allow for even more players. That'd put more players in the same space. More players in the same place means more people to potentially party with, more people looking for rares, more rares being placed in the market, which may drive down prices. Adding more servers only serves to split the community even farther. Why would you do that? Your answer, quite simply, doesn't address that. 1, 6, and 10 were full? Okay. So? We have 7 other ships you can already log onto and play on. There's no need to add more servers until 8/9 of all the available ships are close to being or simply full on a regular basis.

Unless you meant adding more space to each of the already available ships. That'd be fine, but that would also make me think they're gearing up for a server merge, anyway.

Z-0
Jun 29, 2013, 01:08 PM
Prices don't always go down due to a higher population. Ship 1's prices are very similar to Ship 2's for the most part (despite a much higher population), with some items even being more expensive.

Why?

There's more people to buy, which drives prices up, not down. On different ships the prices will differ, but it all depends on want the players want there, not the quantity of players there.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 29, 2013, 01:22 PM
which "may" drive down prices.

Very important to pay attention to wording.

Valimer
Jun 29, 2013, 02:56 PM
So the new 'make a partner' thing... they are automatically pint sized? I wonder if you can adjust their proportions still. You could make a realllly tiny partner lol

Gardios
Jun 29, 2013, 03:02 PM
I just want a mini Rappy...

Z-0
Jun 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
omg

nooooooooooo

I was gonna do a mini me but mini rappy sounds way more tempting...

EvilMag
Jun 29, 2013, 03:03 PM
I'm making Steve the loli.

redroses
Jun 29, 2013, 03:16 PM
Great, first I really disliked the partner idea, but having it in a rappy or lillipa suit is actually pretty cool D:

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2013, 03:17 PM
I've bought a Dista Lady set for a special reason.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 04:11 PM
Oh great, so we can have more full party of ones because everyone wants their lolibots. Hooray.

Gardios
Jun 29, 2013, 04:24 PM
Oh great, so we can have more full party of ones because everyone wants their lolibots. Hooray.
*Rappies.