PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Theoretical ways to play offline

ZodiacPrince
Jun 29, 2013, 03:47 AM
So, I know there are hundreds of 'can I play offline' topics, and I'll admit to having the same curiousity, myself. But, the general consensus seems to be 'no, stop asking'. So, rather than do the same thing as every other topic, I'd rather explore the miraculous world of theory. So, thoretically, would it be possible to trick the game into thinking you were online, while you actually played offline? Like a spoofer or patch or something?

kabutozero
Jun 29, 2013, 04:03 AM
And why would you want to play offline if I may ask?

moeri
Jun 29, 2013, 04:04 AM
I guess anything is "Theoretically" possible.

Theoretically you could get the server software and launch your own server and play locally.

Theoretically replace all of the client code requesting information from the server, with the information on the server.

So theoretically we could create a single player game.

Without the sources code, we could decompile the code on the client side, and rewrite the server code that was needed.

Though... this is all a fairly complex process and isn't at all feasible.

Rien
Jun 29, 2013, 04:11 AM
No. Considering many things are only known server side (drop rates, etc) which would require packet sniffing to an extreme level (you'd even have to obtain AC purchases etc. packets)

ZodiacPrince
Jun 29, 2013, 04:13 AM
And why would you want to play offline if I may ask?

Because I only have internet on my phone. I got the JP ver. last year when I had net, but I have since lost it and still really want to play the game. (And, let me add, McDonalds is not the best place to attempt a mission. Lol.)

So, if there was a way to play it offline, people like me could play it anytime, reguardless of whether or not they had internet.

Rien
Jun 29, 2013, 04:14 AM
No. Maybe when PSO2 dies out they might make an offline version... But who wants to spend time hunting 10*s offline?!?

ZodiacPrince
Jun 29, 2013, 04:15 AM
No. Maybe when PSO2 dies out...

Great, just have to wait about 10 years.

Dan Maku
Jun 29, 2013, 04:32 AM
Great, just have to wait about 10 years.

Surely, you won't have to be without proper internet for ten years... :-?

ZodiacPrince
Jun 29, 2013, 04:42 AM
Surely, you won't have to be without proper internet for ten years... :-?

I sure as hell hope not. I'd go live with my brother (and his ex/roomate) way before that.

Shinamori
Jun 29, 2013, 06:00 AM
No. Maybe when PSO2 dies out they might make an offline version... But who wants to spend time hunting 10*s offline?!?

If someone makes server software for PSO2 10 years later, I'm sure people will host their own server. One in particular.

Syklo
Jun 29, 2013, 06:07 AM
Of course you can.
Just setup your own private server and connect locally.

Easier said than done.

Xenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 10:37 AM
As far as i know, in theory yes, but not very practical because need advanced knowledge on enabling it and lot of work too. The stuff isnt "open", the source is protected and in term someone trying to enable it they will have to find the key and open the door first and then creating a lot of missing software. Of course a dev is trying to avoid those events to happen so they hide the key as good as possible and are trying to store many of the data server side only. Because the game isnt created in order to make as many user happy as possible. Its mainly here in order to generate as much bucks as possible and the mentality "on how to create the bucks" is the key on how the stuff is finally executed. Its not necessarely the mentality with the highest level of being consumer-friendly. Because majority of consumers tend to give more bucks in term they cant avoid certain matters (so the general consumer mentality is another key factor). Could continue telling more of it but it would become a bit unpleasant so i wont bother.

So the theory is somewhat very unfitting with practical means and i hope you get the stuff sorted somehow so you can enjoy PSO2 aswell. :) On top of that i do believe that PSO2 is more fun playing together in a huge community so, i do absolutly understand the wishes for as many options as possible but ultimately going online is almost a "must".

Shinamori
Jun 29, 2013, 11:51 AM
It will happen. Just a matter of when.