PDA

View Full Version : Having a lot of trouble aiming as Ranger.

OppaiMaya
Jun 29, 2013, 04:43 AM
For example a boss battle with small enemies around him. I try to weak bullet a part of the boss but the aim "locks" onto a small enemy.

This is making RA very difficult to play. Infact it seems like the most difficult class to play atm >.<

I play on a xbox 360 game pad (standard wired controller) how do you aim properly using the xbox controller?

holding down LB locks onto targets, however it locks onto random targets that I don't want making it useless.

How do I get around this? Ive seen videos of rangers always locking on to the correct enemy weak spots and all that but I can't do it. I have to pray that it locks onto something useful all the time.

jooozek
Jun 29, 2013, 04:47 AM
right stick toggles targets
if that doesnt help
use a mouse

OppaiMaya
Jun 29, 2013, 04:53 AM
I'll give it a shot. This should be useful ^^

Just to make sure this is on default controller settings right?

It's really embarrassing when you're trying to help your friends slay a Vol Dragon then you try to WB the horn but insted you end up WBing the arm because the lock on button wants to lock onto the arm and not the HORN!

Hrith
Jun 29, 2013, 04:58 AM
I do fine without using the right stick button. I guess it just takes practice and getting used to the gameplay.

Rien
Jun 29, 2013, 05:15 AM
Or you can always, you know, use manual TPS aim. Z button on the keyboard.

ashley50
Jun 29, 2013, 05:18 AM
Use TPS, aim and shoot.

Du1337
Jun 29, 2013, 11:54 AM
Try auto lock and hold LB.

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

BarbblerElf
Jun 29, 2013, 01:46 PM
I usually click the right stick before using it. with the controller. It takes a little getting use to but I usually right click, then use the left stick to strafe to get as many points as possible locked on and then repeat. It works well for me while keeping easy control of my character / view/ etc.

Grady219
Jun 29, 2013, 03:13 PM
When trying to lock-on, point your character directly at the spot you are trying to lock-on to. It usually works for me. If not, you just switch to a different target with the right stick while still locked-on.

Gigafreak
Jun 29, 2013, 04:42 PM
When operating a fire extinguisher, remember the acronym: PASS

Pull out the safety pin
Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire
Squeeze the handle
Sweep the extinguisher stream side-to-side.

Now you are qualified as a Burning Ranger!

...Anyway.

Aside from all the advice above, keep in mind that your gun accuracy is reduced if you are moving around; it takes about one full second for your accuracy to tighten back to normal once you're standing still again. (Jumping straight up and falling straight down count as "standing still" for accuracy purposes. It only cares if you're moving forward, backward, or side-to-side; the vertical axis on its own does not impact your accuracy at all, but jumping in a specific direction will reduce your accuracy as normal.)