PDA

View Full Version : IS the PSP Vita region free?

AT_Seraph
Jun 29, 2013, 01:21 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I only found one thread through the search of these forums with PSP vita in the title? Quick question, is the Vita region free? Or should I wait and buy a japanese vita. If anyone could help that would be great.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190812&highlight=PSP+Vita+Region+Free&page=5

This is the only thread that I found and it really didn't answer my question.

Otokonokotron
Jun 29, 2013, 01:26 PM
Well, this is what i'm doing. the vita games, themselves, are not region locked. so, if u order a physical copy of the game, u can link your PSN account (regardless of where u live) to the Sega ID.
so as long as u have a copy of the game u can actually put into your vita, the only thing you need is that Sega ID

anyone correct me if im wrong too, cuz i'm also rather now to this.

blace
Jun 29, 2013, 01:37 PM
The console is region free.

Gardios
Jun 29, 2013, 01:41 PM
Just remember that the PS Store is tied to the region of your account.

AT_Seraph
Jun 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys!

Hmm, I think I need to create a new account.

Otokonokotron
Jun 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys!

Hmm, I think I need to create a new account.

im pretty sure thats the case if u dont plan on getting a physical copy of the game

yeah, so that pretty much bars me i think from getting any AC cash or something (from what ive read i think one needs a japanese localized finance account in some way or another)

blace
Jun 29, 2013, 02:07 PM
AC is separate, although I haven't tried to do so from my Vita.

Generally, the game and updates are not locked to region if you have the physical copy, whereas if you opt to download the game you will need to be signed in on a JP PSN ID.

LoneWolf019
Jun 29, 2013, 03:08 PM
Generally, the game and updates are not locked to region if you have the physical copy, whereas if you opt to download the game you will need to be signed in on a JP PSN ID.

Pretty much nailed it.