PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 File Check stops at 9842

mipez
Jun 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
via PSO" Launcher

I won't get past this point, using the PSO2 Tweaker everything's seems to be okay.

The main issue because I'm using the launcher is - via the Tweaker it crashes immidiately after launching ("pso2.exe has stopped working.").

Dunno what to do, keeps bugging me since 2 days (haven't been ingame once).

greetings

UnLucky
Jun 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
Keep it open in the background for a while and it should eventually get past it. Or at least mine did. No idea how long it actually took.

UnLucky
Jun 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
Er, the file check shouldn't be stuck forever, just a long time.

The Tweaker launches the game without requiring a filecheck, which can cause problems if some files really did need to be checked. Only way to fix the crash would be to let the filecheck finish (or reinstall the game).

Adrian1
Jun 29, 2013, 09:03 PM
Same thing happened to me. There's a guy who created an English launcher that downloads the patch much faster. Just google "PSO2 english launcher" its the first link.

mipez
Jun 30, 2013, 12:58 AM
Well, as I said, the Tweaker's File Check says everything's ok, it only keeps getting stuck via the Launcher.

But I'll try what UnLucky mentioned (just waiting till it finally does something).

Btw. any guess why it crashes right before the first intro screen (via Tweaker)?
And it's not even sometimes - it's always like this...

I thought about the Tweaker hasn't actually downloaded all of the files...since the first update check brought me to about 390 files (downloaded) and about 2hrs later a second update check said suddenly 1.2k... am I missing some point or is it just bad luck that it got patched right while these 2 hrs?

Edit:

The original problem was, that the EN installation files (the ones on AIDA's website) seem to be have some initially corrupted and missind files (dunno, about 30 when i was installing), redownloading didn't fix this.
But I guess that's not a certain problem, since the Tweaker or the Launcher should fix this via File Check.

mipez
Jun 30, 2013, 03:08 AM
I'm pretty sure, installation process gives me these "File is corrupted. ->Try again ->Ignore" and "File is missing. ->Try again ->Ignore" everytime.
Maybe it's just bad luck, torrents are kinda bitch...

mipez
Jun 30, 2013, 03:55 AM
Nvm.

The Client won't start up (see my issue) right if the latest patch hasn't been applied, will it?

mipez
Jun 30, 2013, 09:22 AM
Ok, seems like there are some issues with the Tweaker...
Everytime it says it finished updating the client, it won't save the pso2.exe in the bin
folder, no big problem.

But also, it still says "pso2.exe stopped working." after I try to launch it via the Tweaker.
After this, I try to check if there are missing files and if there a some left updates.
And it downloads some new updates everytime.

I don't know if the patchlist is working correctly, or if there's just some twisted bug...

Also, if I open my browser afterwards, it keeps spamming errorlogs.

EDIT:

I bumped myself through this mess, using the Launcher solved it pretty much.