PDA

View Full Version : How many of you from Antares-8 PSO GC are playing PSO2?

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hey, I wonder why I never thought to ask, and I've always been sort of curious and this I think would be the best place to ask but...I'm really curious how many of you are still around that I actually might have known at the time while I was leveling to 200.

How many of you are Antares-8 veterans from PSO GC?

Also...way back in that day...and it's a total long shot that anyone might remember this...but there was a different forum that we used for the "Ant-8 gang".

I could have sworn it was something like "brinstar.org". It was a simple, peer-created message board where those of us who had got invited to register just talked about the going ons of pso or our Ant-8 experiences. Pal'd around. It was a dark, black and red themed message board (I can barely remember). Does anybody remember this?

Does anybody remember DARK, the humar who grinded to 200 in (I think it was) 2 weeks by spamming TTF 24 hours a day? And then he did the same with a HUCast! Then he started leveling a Fonewman!

SNK being afk at the top of the counter every day, all day. I ended up finally getting to run a ton of C-mode with him and he helped me with several Bu-Ei's.

Tamahome and his RAcaseal wife/girlfriend (I forgot her name uuuuugh).

The first day the neis claw got mass duped thanks to a ramar who's name I can't remember...he just went to Vega and did the deed.

IG Nugz FSODing and becoming Sonic/Tails.

SSJ Goku spam?

Am I alone in remembering these things?!

Renvalt
Jun 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
Right now you might be the only one who remembers them, but maybe sometime down the road I'd like to hear your stories. I joined at the end of PSO1 Official's lifespan, so I'll never know what it was like for most of you guys.

That said, I do want to try and learn, even if just a little.

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 07:25 AM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2013, 07:26 AM
You're asking a very specific thing of a community where a vast majority of it's "old" (PSO-playing) members are long gone, and it's even less likely that, the ones that are still around played in that exact same server. No, I don't think anything remembers those things.

ttdestroy
Jun 30, 2013, 07:47 AM
You're asking a very specific thing of a community where a vast majority of it's "old" (PSO-playing) members are long gone, and it's even less likely that, the ones that are still around played in that exact same server. No, I don't think anything remembers those things.

Nah, I bet there's at least one guy here, who played on that server. Just seeing this post lit up my day, I feel so old to remember playing PSO1, nice to see other people who played too.

II do agree that most of us old guys are long gone though. I do wonder sometimes if I'll see my old buddies coming back to PSO-W and PSO2.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2013, 07:53 AM

Antares 8 was the "declared" PSO-W hang out back then. Look at old themes for your PSO-W control panel, go to Edit Options and change it to 'Blue Steel' and you'll see that the banner has "Antares 8" on it. This is the theme PSO-W used back in these times.

So it's not just some random "specific" ship/block. It was the PSO-W ship/block, which makes it pretty relevant.

Ryock
Jun 30, 2013, 08:13 AM
I played on that server long ago. There are a few of the things on that list that I'm fully aware of and still remember quite clearly. I remember a lot of things from the older PSOs that would be a bit odd, but still they have a bit of a bittersweet taste.

For example, I do remember one of the blocks in particular on episode 3 being spammed by a guy named Hayato who literally ran around the entire room saying "circles" over and over. I remember the Nugz dupes. In fact, I still have a couple on my old GC memory card. I remember Antares 8 and 10 being the ones to go to for the most part, and if I remember correctly, there was one called Vega which was a no no to go to because many people were paranoid of getting hacked or their game freezing up during a memory card save.

And yes, I do remember the SSJ Goku spam. When I look back on it now, I laugh.

serenade
Jun 30, 2013, 08:22 AM
Deneb 9 was where it was at.

ttdestroy
Jun 30, 2013, 08:46 AM
I knew there had to be a few of you guys here. Now if we could find some people who played the DC ver. online that'd be an achievement.

Ryock
Jun 30, 2013, 08:55 AM
I knew there had to be a few of you guys here. Now if we could find some people who played the DC ver. online that'd be an achievement.

I've actually played online since DC.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2013, 09:00 AM
I played on that server long ago. There are a few of the things on that list that I'm fully aware of and still remember quite clearly. I remember a lot of things from the older PSOs that would be a bit odd, but still they have a bit of a bittersweet taste.

For example, I do remember one of the blocks in particular on episode 3 being spammed by a guy named Hayato who literally ran around the entire room saying "circles" over and over. I remember the Nugz dupes. In fact, I still have a couple on my old GC memory card. I remember Antares 8 and 10 being the ones to go to for the most part, and if I remember correctly, there was one called Vega which was a no no to go to because many people were paranoid of getting hacked or their game freezing up during a memory card save.

And yes, I do remember the SSJ Goku spam. When I look back on it now, I laugh.

Oh my gosh! I didn't even recall that name until you mentioned it! Hayato was also a "troll" of that modern age! Haha. I do remember the circles spam.

Vega was considered the cesspool of all things bad. It was like venturing in to a dark, dark place. I never wanted to spend more than a minute in that ship if I ended up there on accident somehow.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2013, 11:36 AM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity. At some time, every creature which lives must do so. It is the ultimate shadow, the defeat of creation; this is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life. Everywhere in the universe.

+^_^+

Renvalt
Jun 30, 2013, 12:08 PM
This is one interesting read. I never realized all this. I guess I came too late before the Blizzardians and Nexonites took over the online gaming world, sinking the poor ships of Pioneer 2 in their march to complete gamer stupidity.

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 12:10 PM
Nah, good ships always existed on official PSO1 servers. You just had to look for them. PSOBB had a handful of them, my main block was Oceanus 5-5, a good bunch of guys hung out there for a while.

Hrith
Jun 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.The topic should have then ended.

I mostly played on Altair 04 with Ryna, Auracom, VulpesMundi, rena-ko, Rabblerouser, Navi, Tycho, Armok, BOmar, Blitzkommando, Curry, Samurai, PJ, Deus Irae... god, I remember so many names >_>
So nostalgic.

Dhylec
Jun 30, 2013, 08:15 PM
Not as many from the old DC & GC days are still around here, but a handful still exist.

The topic should have then ended.
I mostly played on Altair 04 with Ryna, Auracom, VulpesMundi, rena-ko, Rabblerouser, Navi, Tycho, Armok, BOmar, Blitzkommando, Curry, Samurai, PJ, Deus Irae... god, I remember so many names >_>
So nostalgic.
Ahem... ebil Kef have forgotten moi? ;o

If ya still have your old DC days snapshots, time to revisit them. I, unfortunately, lost them all when my old HD died. I still have my "cutesie" sig gif of them though - a small piece of nostalgia.

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2013, 08:38 PM

You sure are waxing nostalgic for someone that said everyone on PSOW is an idiot. But, from what I can see, those posts have mysteriously vanished, so

ttdestroy
Jun 30, 2013, 08:44 PM
You sure are waxing nostalgic for someone that said everyone on PSOW is an idiot. But, from what I can see, those posts have mysteriously vanished, so

Well everyone gets bitten by that bug every now and then. I get nostalgic about PSO1 every time I rediscover my VMU in my house.

HIT0SHI
Jun 30, 2013, 08:50 PM
And here I was playing the XBOX version, Appetite 2 was the go to ship back in those days.

Shirai
Jun 30, 2013, 09:36 PM
I played PSO GC online, but dear god all the names are such vague memories.
I played on Vega...
I do remember a couple hackers by the name Green Dutch Man, and uh....Bones. Everyone else has been forgotten. Hah, I remember when the hackers ended up deleting blocks and some of us had to invade the Japanese ships.

Alisha
Jun 30, 2013, 10:13 PM
i was puck 07 dc player antares 8/miranda 7 player on gc pso. i remember snk well. the 1st time i played with him he felt the need to assure me his double cannon was legit lol. i also remember going wtf because he made an alt named Alisha. i was registered on that brinstar forum. might still have emails from it on yahoo mail.

gravityvx
Jun 30, 2013, 10:16 PM
Lol people actually remember the ship names? Wow, it was pretty much just choose highest populated ship and go from there for me & my friends lol Only used psow to look up drops and make my character ID I wanted. But I remember one name from that list, but his name was Infamous Nugz back when I knew him, maybe same person, maybe not, but was definitely a hacker. Not sure which console it was on since I played it on all of them and it was a pretty long time ago.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2013, 10:58 PM
i was puck 07 dc player antares 8/miranda 7 player on gc pso. i remember snk well. the 1st time i played with him he felt the need to assure me his double cannon was legit lol. i also remember going wtf because he made an alt named Alisha. i was registered on that brinstar forum. might still have emails from it on yahoo mail.

Oh my gosh! You remember the brinstar forum!!!!!!!!!! I salute you! Never thought I'd hear another person corroborate that I'm not just crazy or making it up!

Hrith
Jul 1, 2013, 06:51 AM
Not as many from the old DC & GC days are still around here, but a handful still exist.

Ahem... ebil Kef have forgotten moi? ;o

If ya still have your old DC days snapshots, time to revisit them. I, unfortunately, lost them all when my old HD died. I still have my "cutesie" sig gif of them though - a small piece of nostalgia.No, I have not forgotten about you XP
I do not have any screenshot fo the DC era, but most of the GC one, so probably one or two of your character :)

Laxedrane
Jul 1, 2013, 07:13 AM
I played on the gamecube servers myself. I go to anteres 8 every once in awhile but once I made a good group of friends. When we were online we usually ran off to a deserted server and block. For the life of me I can't remember which hahaha.

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2013, 07:19 AM
I played PSO GC but never online, but wished I could. I might try PSOBB sometime. Maybe.

landman
Jul 1, 2013, 10:38 AM
Iapetus 16 was Spanish territory, can't remember which one was the Italian one, with whom we had sometimes the urge to go and annoy them, and then they responded properly lol

Neith
Jul 1, 2013, 01:22 PM
Played on Antares-8 a little but mainly stayed on Mintaka-5-7. Quiet and out of the way of the FSOD/cheaters for when I wanted to play with friends. You'd get the occasional Japanese players show up but there was never any trouble.

I did drop by Antares sometimes though, and avoided Vega like the plague :wacko:

Good times, I genuinely miss the good times and people I met on GC. I played mainly as a HUnewearl, either Uriko (pre-memory card corruption) or Terra (after it, and still exists!)

Edit: Knew I had a few shots saved somewhere, probably have more elsewhere.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/pso2_zps9d4910ea.png

RadiantLegend
Jul 1, 2013, 04:18 PM
I don't remember which area I played the most but I avoided vega like the plague.

Here is my Lv200 party (Find thy-selves)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/lordaim/PSO/200party.png

Noc Codez
Jul 1, 2013, 04:43 PM
Pso dreamcast vet right here name was Haniball king go by Nemesis now

AzureBlaze
Jul 1, 2013, 04:56 PM
Don't discount us, some of us are still here.

I remember Anteres 8.
But do you remember Miranda 7 ?

If you really want to know, I've got lots to tell about the DC and GC days that I remember. Fun stuff and good times all around. LOTS of interesting things happening and familiar names to say. I made a doujinshi of some of it for fun.

Vega was the new Oberon.
Oberon was ship 1 of DCSPSO. It was also called Oberslum & GhettOberon. Someone was hacking or FSOD'ing it like every minute. PK funtimes because when you died you'd wepdrop and cashdrop. I carried on purpose a sword called "Heart/Breaker" (breaker sword with heart element on it) so that when I was killed, that's what they'd get instead of a rare.

Cheeaaaaaat needles!
The best weapon was the Spread Needle. HU or RA could use it. People hax it so it would kill every monster in like 2 or 3 hits. It spread bullets all over the room. I had one, but used it responsibly in concert with my team of friends. RyLong! Jenase! Wish you were here. Other people would "tag up" with weak magic, then the spread holder would kill.

Miranda 7?
Yes that was the battle mode ship. If you wanted to vs other people on "Rules" you went there. The Rules were numbered, and you didn't get to use your own items, mates, weps etc. You also were level reset to the same level and # of deaths determined wins. Everyone could trap, and selfkilling was a big deal. Performing "Standing Resta" for fleshies was a must. The arenas had different shapes/walls/etc with warps and crates for weapons. It was really very interesting and you couldn't cheat. The game names had abbreviations that were very specific. FO had to only fight FO, HU fought only HU and so on. "RU6 NOFO". BurgerDog, WWWWWWWWWW, Virus, Omni Slash, Naked Robber (not actually naked), XenorphaXero, Professor Frink, Hanus ***, Wanderer, SOURCE, Del-An, the names just go on and on. Who's left?

They raised BA to a HIGH ART.
That Japan guy "ash" (with an afro) having like 2k wins. I had (I thinnnnnnnk) the 2nd highest win count of any HUcast (or other android...HUc stats were the tops in that day) of the entire era. You don't even know. There were people who use VCR to record session, then go over it with their PA. (Partner) Remember this was before like all cell phones and voice chats. This was DIAL UP and it worked. I dialed up.

But you want to know about GCPSO.
Well it started out with no keyboard. You literally couldn't speak unless you used the super annoying onscreen kb. So some guys called The Pants Of Evil Gamers used a lab and invented a box that they sold the kit for. It would make a cheap walmarts kb work with your game cube. That was where I learned to solder circuits! They sold the kit over ebay. LOADS of early GC'ers had it. Later, a real KB was released.

The special quests were of course there...
There wasn't the volume of content people expected like from PSU onward. The most memorable ones were of course, the 2 towers on Gal Da Val island, where they did that CALUS research. Going up the floors fighting the giant plants Gibbles (n bits) & Ill Gills. (Ill Gills as you know, returned in PSU)

"Carnage Island"
THAT was a fun place. It wasn't really called that, but it was on a timed quest on Gal Da Val near the dam. Little square of metal land in the middle of the foggy swamp at night...would spawn like hella billion enemies just....constantly. It rained EXP. You could break the timer too, and just have a hell of a time on carnage island. I forget what the original name of the thing was.

Sinow Berrill too...best enemy for looks like...ever. (It was invisible like in the Predator way)

Chair racing & soccer lobbies
NOL'ing (that was thankfully DC only)
Going to the beach too, that one quest with no monsters in it, at night

Anyone remembers "Mamak.int" ?
Website rivaled PSOW for news back in its day. Might of been based in south pacific somewhere?

As far as I know, most of the battlers went to Xbox PSU , Xbox mistreat it / sega screws it up so prob not much of them left. Like that there was a "memory leak" or somesuch on the machines enemies that it would freeze the xbox, MS made everyone pay more etc..

Battle died down on GC anyway, the new stats spoiled it for most everyone.

It is all very fascinating to think of, that there were these cultures, times, and literally places you could go.......that now no one can ever get to again. It might as well be another dimension. They exist now only as memories.

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2013, 05:09 PM
About Carnage Island, do you mean there was a quest on those platforms in the water you see in the intro and while walking over the dam? I always wondered about that.

Hrith
Jul 1, 2013, 05:24 PM
Knew I had a few shots saved somewhere, probably have more elsewhere.I'm sure I have a pic of your Terra somewhere, but I cannot find it D:

Here's mine, anyway:
http://keffypoo.pagesperso-orange.fr/pso1/lv200.png

Zalana
Jul 1, 2013, 05:58 PM
Funny how people refer to PSOGC as PSO1 when in actuality it was PSODC which was v1. Anyways most of the long time folks have moved on to better things *hence* newer/different games or life in itself. Ah Puck 9 brings back a few memories but, yeah mostly new folks around here now.

Neith
Jul 1, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm sure I have a pic of your Terra somewhere, but I cannot find it D:

Here's mine, anyway:
http://keffypoo.pagesperso-orange.fr/pso1/lv200.png

Yeah, I have it somewhere. You took one of me when I got knocked down or killed in a Spaceship run if I remember correctly. How the hell I remember that is another thing altogether.

Amazingly, my GC PSO memory cards still work fine so I still have all my characters. Only ever got to about Lv164-165 on GC though; I may have started hunting SJS there but I didn't become a true masochist until Blue Burst (Lv200, SJS and Yasha hunts all running at the same time- what the hell was I thinking :lol: )

Zipzo
Jul 1, 2013, 07:20 PM
Funny how people refer to PSOGC as PSO1 when in actuality it was PSODC which was v1. Anyways most of the long time folks have moved on to better things *hence* newer/different games or life in itself. Ah Puck 9 brings back a few memories but, yeah mostly new folks around here now.

Yeah I think it's fair to call PSOGC "PSO1" (although I don't see anybody doing so) since...you know...it is the first PSO. It's not the first version of it, per se, but it's the same game entirely.

I had the Dreamcast version and I did play online but I was actually very young at that time I was not an active member of any kind of community then.

I'm 24 now so I was like in elementary school at the time I played DC PSO. ~11 years old? ...So yeah...not only are memories faint but I wasn't exactly a hardcore gamer yet.

When the GC version came out I was in high school, and that's when I became obsessive with the franchise.

SquashDemon
Jul 1, 2013, 08:04 PM
I went to Antares for Cmode sometimes, but mostly I wandered. Except...Vega. rarely went there. Eh, my character was the same as my username, so if you saw me around then, hi!

@azureblaze You failed to mention the BGM disks. Ever run TTF to Burning Rangers every single map?

It makes everything better.

I nostalgia'd so hard when they came out with the arks ship fire swirl event.

...and speaking of Arkz...

am I the last surviving Episode III player?

Laxedrane
Jul 1, 2013, 09:17 PM
I went to Antares for Cmode sometimes, but mostly I wandered. Except...Vega. rarely went there. Eh, my character was the same as my username, so if you saw me around then, hi!

@azureblaze You failed to mention the BGM disks. Ever run TTF to Burning Rangers every single map?

It makes everything better.

I nostalgia'd so hard when they came out with the arks ship fire swirl event.

...and speaking of Arkz...

am I the last surviving Episode III player?

I played episode 3 as well. I dont seem to have any photos from my GC days but I do have some from BB. And none of them from the front so here's the back of my character yay.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Alexbg4/Pso%20General/pso1121204164.bmp

Zalana
Jul 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
Yeah I think it's fair to call PSOGC "PSO1" (although I don't see anybody doing so) since...you know...it is the first PSO. It's not the first version of it, per se, but it's the same game entirely.

I had the Dreamcast version and I did play online but I was actually very young at that time I was not an active member of any kind of community then.

I'm 24 now so I was like in elementary school at the time I played DC PSO. ~11 years old? ...So yeah...not only are memories faint but I wasn't exactly a hardcore gamer yet.

When the GC version came out I was in high school, and that's when I became obsessive with the franchise.

It's more so Episode I & II to be technical. Since after v1 DC was v2. Yeah I was in middle school at the time (7th grade to be exact) and I still remember my best friend at the time which he's still my friend to date steal one of my classmates Dagger +99 which was so wrong at the time but, very funny.

Long time vets all know about how the code breaker destroyed PSODC and the elite hackers such as a few folks over at the CMGSCCC site used to have codes available for the game. I still remember how people would come to their forums and beg for PK codes and such. Good ol CM and Barubary.

Heck I still remember when it was rather expensive to afford internet back then so people used free ISPs. But, yeah shortly after I hit 200 on GC I started playing EP3 more than EP I & II. Eventually got God rank 10 and my best buddy at the time Dark_Milly had a lv200 character and also achieved God rank 1 on EP3 then came blue burst and conquered that.

PSU came along we played that got bored easily despite maxing out stuff on it and thank god FFXI came along and the rest was history. Still wish some oldies were around even though some are lurking about. ^^

AzureBlaze
Jul 1, 2013, 10:41 PM
To Gigawuts: Yes. To a degree.
There's a whole quest on the top of the dam from the intro, just a long straight room sort of thing with various gates & etc. I believe you had to take a warp to "carnage island" so that you couldn't get off it. It was one of those ones where you couldn't die alone or it'd quit you. I think that another quest also used a platform set up to look like it was in the swampish area.

Squash Demon: You are NOT the last surviving Ep3 person!

I'm here too. I admit I did not like the whole 'cards' thing because I am not a cards person. Others are, and that's great. But I thought it was really bizarre and dumb of them to take an action game and then turn it into cards. It just seemed really random and like a move sure to make them lose the entire audience.
Eventually, I did like the game ok. I had RUBBISH luck for the most part because it was a dice game. I do remember some epic battles, like one time for 2+hrs in "The Morgue" which was that enormous field on the Hunter ship. 2 v 2, nobody would give up. I pretty much played EP3 till everyone quit and it got real barren. They didn't do anything much to keep it new.

Do you remember the cheaters who would show up AS the Leukon Knight and get in your face?
That was super frightful/strange/etc.

BGM disks...yea!
And yes, we did run TTF to BR. People would spam out random disks too. I forget all what exactly they had, but the BR thing here really is nostalgia. I remember winning the blue ring out of TTF and gave it to such a nice Japanese girl BAB&BAB , she was so surprised. (She couldn't survive ult falz) . We got to be going on various Cmodes & doing parts of TTF that she'd live thru and talking and learning words and things. It was really fun. The greatest tragedy later on was someone PKNOL murdered her later...I like to think that we might of gotten to be friends if she hadn't died. (the loss of the character made her quit for good)

Zipzo
Jul 1, 2013, 10:46 PM
It's more so Episode I & II to be technical. Since after v1 DC was v2. Yeah I was in middle school at the time (7th grade to be exact) and I still remember my best friend at the time which he's still my friend to date steal one of my classmates Dagger +99 which was so wrong at the time but, very funny.

Long time vets all know about how the code breaker destroyed PSODC and the elite hackers such as a few folks over at the CMGSCCC site used to have codes available for the game. I still remember how people would come to their forums and beg for PK codes and such. Good ol CM and Barubary.

Heck I still remember when it was rather expensive to afford internet back then so people used free ISPs. But, yeah shortly after I hit 200 on GC I started playing EP3 more than EP I & II. Eventually got God rank 10 and my best buddy at the time Dark_Milly had a lv200 character and also achieved God rank 1 on EP3 then came blue burst and conquered that.

PSU came along we played that got bored easily despite maxing out stuff on it and thank god FFXI came along and the rest was history. Still wish some oldies were around even though some are lurking about. ^^

Um, wow I KNEW that person in episode 3. I actually made it to God rank 6, but I remember Milly I think getting to 1 (memory isn't clear but definitely a high God rank). The other friend I played with only made it to the cusp of God rank but never got out of King.

We mostly played 2v2 (obviously) as the good guys, and we played Fan/Yamigarasu Silfers probably more often than any other strategy as it generally worked the quickest and we could clear tournaments the fastest with it. We had other, better strategies but they had longer play outs in-game so we sort of took an efficient approach, and most people weren't very good and would just be utterly overwhelmed by the strategy. We never resorted to machine decks or anything of that nature, we thought that was cheap.

I think a spammed tournaments with that person. So not like, a super close relationship, but I'm quite sure we were rank-farming acquaintances!

Wow...the name Barubary. Really struck some noggin flags there.

Ryock
Jul 1, 2013, 11:27 PM
I absolutely loved the jukebox in the EP3 lobbies. Let mom sleep was a frequent one.

Zalana
Jul 1, 2013, 11:35 PM
Um, wow I KNEW that person in episode 3. I actually made it to God rank 6, but I remember Milly I think getting to 1 (memory isn't clear but definitely a high God rank). The other friend I played with only made it to the cusp of God rank but never got out of King.

We mostly played 2v2 (obviously) as the good guys, and we played Fan/Yamigarasu Silfers probably more often than any other strategy as it generally worked the quickest and we could clear tournaments the fastest with it. We had other, better strategies but they had longer play outs in-game so we sort of took an efficient approach, and most people weren't very good and would just be utterly overwhelmed by the strategy. We never resorted to machine decks or anything of that nature, we thought that was cheap.

I think a spammed tournaments with that person. So not like, a super close relationship, but I'm quite sure we were rank-farming acquaintances!

Wow...the name Barubary. Really struck some noggin flags there.

Yeah Milly eventually got tired of trying retain GOD 1 so he just stopped caring lol and slipped down to like GOD 5 or so. Yeah a lot of folks would com-bash and such anyways so people quite a few just gave up. My friend Forever Zero also had GOD rank too can't remember what she got to but, she got it plus a lv200 character on GC (ashley i miss you too lol). Yeah me and milly played several pso's/psu and then ffxi which I still remember him soloing Blackbeard and Silverhook for me on FFXI with his whm/nin which reminds me I need to send him a e-mail to check up on him.

Alisha
Jul 2, 2013, 12:23 AM
i wish i had pictures of my fomarl. just have pics of my cast in the psow database :o

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/baranz01.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/yas700002.jpg

Zipzo
Jul 2, 2013, 07:49 AM
Yeah Milly eventually got tired of trying retain GOD 1 so he just stopped caring lol and slipped down to like GOD 5 or so. Yeah a lot of folks would com-bash and such anyways so people quite a few just gave up. My friend Forever Zero also had GOD rank too can't remember what she got to but, she got it plus a lv200 character on GC (ashley i miss you too lol). Yeah me and milly played several pso's/psu and then ffxi which I still remember him soloing Blackbeard and Silverhook for me on FFXI with his whm/nin which reminds me I need to send him a e-mail to check up on him.

Oh my gosh...wasn't Forever Zero a HUmar? I think I remember saying to myself "She's the only female I know online playing a male character! I definitely knew that person as an acquaintance too!

SquashDemon
Jul 2, 2013, 08:09 AM
Do you remember the cheaters who would show up AS the Leukon Knight and get in your face?
That was super frightful/strange/etc.

BGM disks...yea!
And yes, we did run TTF to BR.

Pshaw yeah, they handed me my first tourney loss. Worse was Castor with Hunter Barriers though. I actually won against one of those guys though, using my Endu Guard Creature deck, only to be FSOD X.x;

Even though it was cheating, I did appreciate when someone would use a Sonic Adventure Disk, was such a huge fanboy of those songs.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned the absolutely epic International football/American soccer matches that you could have going on in the higher numbered blocks completely at random?

@Ryock YEEES The Jukebox, did you ever troll people with Chant this Charm? I loved doing that with my tourney money, it ticked so many people off XD

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 09:26 AM
Seeing these threads always seems to bring a tear to my eye.

On PSO DC I primarily hung around Umbriel 13 unless I was doing c-mode. On GC, I could usually be found on Altair 5 (or was it 6?) or Antares 8. 99% of my old DC PSO friends had jumped ship to play Ragnarok Online which had come back up after a 3-4 month hiatus. So of course I had to get a new set of friends.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/HJf1Th6.jpg
A pic from way back in the Spring of 03. I'm amazed to see these still online.

http://i.imgur.com/9y6JQY2.jpg
One of our AT get-togethers over the summer of 2003. I'm the one on the far-right. THe scary part is, I can remember the names of a majority of those people.

http://i.imgur.com/E7UC6O9.jpg
After fighting Olga Flow and seconds before dinging 200. This one almost didn't happen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/epyonic/ZZ_7.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I too had an account at that Brinstar board and was even a mod there for a few months. My first time being in that position.

Yes, Forever Zero was a HUmar. She got to 200 once, got corrupted (which seemed to happen to quite a few folks back then) and got back up there.

Zipzo
Jul 2, 2013, 09:33 AM
I likely had the Hunters Card of every notable person that ever played in Ant 8...I may not remember playing with all of them, and even maybe have forgotten a lot of names, and they may not remember me either, but good times were had all around in that day!

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 10:38 AM
Given that it's been around a decade, time does play the meanest of tricks on one's brain.

I hung around with folks like Nova, Zio/Zuo, SNK, Jenstar, Layrinn, Vitamin D, Denshiko D8/9/whatever and a number of others.

I wonder what happened to a lot of these people. I know SNK is still on FFXI at least.

Zipzo
Jul 2, 2013, 11:07 AM
Given that it's been around a decade, time does play the meanest of tricks on one's brain.

I hung around with folks like Nova, Zio/Zuo, SNK, Jenstar, Layrinn, Vitamin D, Denshiko D8/9/whatever and a number of others.

I wonder what happened to a lot of these people. I know SNK is still on FFXI at least.

Nova? The FOmar?! I definitely played with him a lot! Jenstar & Zio too!

Mystil
Jul 2, 2013, 01:55 PM
I played on Antares 8, and I played PSO2JP from release til about January 2013. Eh I'm not coming back to it.

And I'm one of the few people left around here that played on the DC version. Throw in EP3 as well, though that was a short stint.

I remember all those people you listed, but I've only played with SNK(just once). I hung out in the lobbies a lot, and there's a lot of people long gone. This thing called life took them away.

CMGSCC was taken down and later revived under a different domain name.

Barubary was funny, and he had an imposter that would post here making him look bad.

Witchblade56
Jul 2, 2013, 03:17 PM
Yea I played pso dc,gc, and Xbox pso. Had fun in all of them. I played on Antares as well and I remember the nei claw spam dupe for that item. Psycho wands were also quite common. I miss the old crowd of people I'd randomly run with. I never had a set crowd I would run with.

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 04:02 PM
Nova? The FOmar?! I definitely played with him a lot! Jenstar & Zio too!

Yes, that's correct. He got to 190 and just stopped. He ran the Brinstar forums which shut down around 2008-09. A lot of the 200s from before TTF and the cheat codes came out posted there. I remember the guy who made a lego robot to time hitting the special button on an empty recobox. Z-Slash I think the gentleman's name was.

Zipzo
Jul 2, 2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, that's correct. He got to 190 and just stopped. He ran the Brinstar forums which shut down around 2008-09. A lot of the 200s from before TTF and the cheat codes came out posted there. I remember the guy who made a lego robot to time hitting the special button on an empty recobox. Z-Slash I think the gentleman's name was.

I knew there was something more to it. Nova ran that forum! I didn't remember where Nova had stopped (I think I assumed he eventually made it to 200 somehow), but I remember running ruins on the regular with him and NEO_ (very close friend of mine, 200 RAcaseal).

There was a giant blue HUcast named DARKSTAR, I believe. A HUmar named MATIX. I found Darkstar on PSU...I wonder if he's still around...

Ah, recoboxing. The age old "taboo" at the time, haha.

I know ADE is still around on PSO2...and I am still present in one or two of Adam (Racasts) tutorial videos so I wonder if Adam is still around!

There was a HUcast who's name for the life of me I can't remember (My brain is trying so hard on all this stuff), I think his name started with an "E", but he was a weeeeird guy. Whenever he died he spammed a "I is died" chat macro, pretty sure he was on brinstar. I don't think he ever got to 200 but he was an odd HUcast to play with but a cool guy overall!

Haha...the brinstar forum. Our own little secret club.

I actually only lurked PSO-W for database information around the PSO times because I only posted on the brinstar forum. I didn't actually register for PSO-W to post until PSU times.

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 05:01 PM
All I remember ADE for was the fabled J-sword hunt. I never had dealings with the guy personally.

I had an account here from 2001 by the name MetalGriever (after my PSOv1 HUcast), but was mostly a lurker. I got banned sometime in 2003 for posting the infamous GC "boss trick".

So many names pop into my head; EricZLink the HUnewearl (one of the first known NA people to ding 200), Model 383 the HUcaseal, Rosara the HUnewearl (who I think posted here by the moniker of Tigereye), Elixer the HUnewearl, Anthony the HUmar (who faked his death to get back at some girl who was like 13 or 14 IIRC).

Myself, I used the name DarkEpyon on most forums I visited.

Alisha
Jul 2, 2013, 05:21 PM
i remember forever zero she posted a lot on shotie's The Arcade forums haha. i think they went defunct after she left her husband and child for ping chan lol.

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 05:35 PM
The boards stayed up at least until 2005-06. I think his name was Darth-Meowth or something like that. He went back to college to be a teacher IIRC. I'll admit I felt bad for the guy when that all went down. Their son's gotta be 12-13 now. Used to be shotie.com and then the-arcade.net I think. Retehi was an admin there forever.

Zipzo
Jul 2, 2013, 05:56 PM
All I remember ADE for was the fabled J-sword hunt. I never had dealings with the guy personally.

I had an account here from 2001 by the name MetalGriever (after my PSOv1 HUcast), but was mostly a lurker. I got banned sometime in 2003 for posting the infamous GC "boss trick".

So many names pop into my head; EricZLink the HUnewearl (one of the first known NA people to ding 200), Model 383 the HUcaseal, Rosara the HUnewearl (who I think posted here by the moniker of Tigereye), Elixer the HUnewearl, Anthony the HUmar (who faked his death to get back at some girl who was like 13 or 14 IIRC).

Myself, I used the name DarkEpyon on most forums I visited.

Oh, I have some trivia for you!

That girl was Arwen, a HUnewearl. I actually have that girl on facebook to this day, heheh. I think she's interested in playing PSO2.

That fake death claim was a suicide. It went up on Brinstar first.

The reason he did it was because they were online dating and she broke up with him (I don't know all the minor details but I do remember they were a "thing"). Like I said earlier a lot of us were pretty young around that age, and Anthony was definitely in my generation, I spoke to him on VOIP.

I'm quite sure Anthony = ANTI.

Zeota
Jul 2, 2013, 06:35 PM
Yes I remember Arwen. I think it was her leaving him for someone else IIRC. Ahh teenage love. So dramatic. I was 22/23 when that whole thing went down.

Du1337
Jul 2, 2013, 07:02 PM
TTF FTW. And I liked those episode 2 maps. Dang...

Xeal
Jul 2, 2013, 07:04 PM
I played PSODC and what I remember most is being PKed when still on the ship when you normally couldn't attack anything. Also remember using the same account as my brother and both of us logging in at the same time from different locations and we'd both get mail when someone sent it to either of us. Was good times.

On GC version I did play in Antares a little. Best memory for GC was a bunch of us made a big fat RAmar named BIG MAMA!!! (might have had slightly different spelling) with purplenum ID and sat there spamming BIG MAMA!!! and following ppl around in our big purple photon chairs. Also used the mag guides in these forums a ton during GC and PSOBB as I was a huge mag breeder bag then. I used to make custom mags for people in exchange for rares.

Never got to play PSU online but I played the living crap out of it offline.

Played a bit on PSP2 and my brother helped me get ahold of PSP2:i and I liked those.

Recently was convinced to stop waiting for the ever delayed PSO2 U.S. release and started playing PSO2.

S N K
Jul 27, 2015, 04:22 AM

Dammit I was checking my email and saw this thread buried in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to keep myself hidden! Oh and hi guys and girls who remember my old ass.~

Ithildin
Jul 27, 2015, 08:03 AM
I played pso GC but I didn't stick to any one ship. I played since day one on GC but didn't join psow until late in the GC vers life. I still have friends who play pso and now pso2 that I have known since I started playing in 03.

SuperFamicom
Aug 11, 2015, 05:50 AM
Dammit I was checking my email and saw this thread buried in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to keep myself hidden! Oh and hi guys and girls who remember my old ass.~

Last time I spoke to you was over a decade ago, and yeah a lot of us remember you, man. I still have the L&K 14 Combats you gave me with godly hit %. I never got my hunter to level 200 but he's hovering around the mid 180s and I still occasionally load all that memory card data up. They're always in my weapon arsenal.

You remember that guy who dissed you by spamming that you needed to eat Altoids in the lobby or something? I can barely remember now.

Arwen_
Oct 27, 2015, 12:54 AM
Haha oh my god this thread is priceless. I'm on PSO2 now days.. hit me up if you ever want to play, the last time I replied to this thread they deleted my post and buried the thread again. Totally remember so many of you~ that's awesome.

_MarsVolta_
Mar 18, 2016, 08:09 PM
Don't discount us, some of us are still here.

I remember Anteres 8.
But do you remember Miranda 7 ?

If you really want to know, I've got lots to tell about the DC and GC days that I remember. Fun stuff and good times all around. LOTS of interesting things happening and familiar names to say. I made a doujinshi of some of it for fun.

Vega was the new Oberon.
Oberon was ship 1 of DCSPSO. It was also called Oberslum & GhettOberon. Someone was hacking or FSOD'ing it like every minute. PK funtimes because when you died you'd wepdrop and cashdrop. I carried on purpose a sword called "Heart/Breaker" (breaker sword with heart element on it) so that when I was killed, that's what they'd get instead of a rare.

Cheeaaaaaat needles!
The best weapon was the Spread Needle. HU or RA could use it. People hax it so it would kill every monster in like 2 or 3 hits. It spread bullets all over the room. I had one, but used it responsibly in concert with my team of friends. RyLong! Jenase! Wish you were here. Other people would "tag up" with weak magic, then the spread holder would kill.

Miranda 7?
Yes that was the battle mode ship. If you wanted to vs other people on "Rules" you went there. The Rules were numbered, and you didn't get to use your own items, mates, weps etc. You also were level reset to the same level and # of deaths determined wins. Everyone could trap, and selfkilling was a big deal. Performing "Standing Resta" for fleshies was a must. The arenas had different shapes/walls/etc with warps and crates for weapons. It was really very interesting and you couldn't cheat. The game names had abbreviations that were very specific. FO had to only fight FO, HU fought only HU and so on. "RU6 NOFO". BurgerDog, WWWWWWWWWW, Virus, Omni Slash, Naked Robber (not actually naked), XenorphaXero, Professor Frink, Hanus ***, Wanderer, SOURCE, Del-An, the names just go on and on. Who's left?

They raised BA to a HIGH ART.
That Japan guy "ash" (with an afro) having like 2k wins. I had (I thinnnnnnnk) the 2nd highest win count of any HUcast (or other android...HUc stats were the tops in that day) of the entire era. You don't even know. There were people who use VCR to record session, then go over it with their PA. (Partner) Remember this was before like all cell phones and voice chats. This was DIAL UP and it worked. I dialed up.

But you want to know about GCPSO.
Well it started out with no keyboard. You literally couldn't speak unless you used the super annoying onscreen kb. So some guys called The Pants Of Evil Gamers used a lab and invented a box that they sold the kit for. It would make a cheap walmarts kb work with your game cube. That was where I learned to solder circuits! They sold the kit over ebay. LOADS of early GC'ers had it. Later, a real KB was released.

The special quests were of course there...
There wasn't the volume of content people expected like from PSU onward. The most memorable ones were of course, the 2 towers on Gal Da Val island, where they did that CALUS research. Going up the floors fighting the giant plants Gibbles (n bits) & Ill Gills. (Ill Gills as you know, returned in PSU)

"Carnage Island"
THAT was a fun place. It wasn't really called that, but it was on a timed quest on Gal Da Val near the dam. Little square of metal land in the middle of the foggy swamp at night...would spawn like hella billion enemies just....constantly. It rained EXP. You could break the timer too, and just have a hell of a time on carnage island. I forget what the original name of the thing was.

Sinow Berrill too...best enemy for looks like...ever. (It was invisible like in the Predator way)

Chair racing & soccer lobbies
NOL'ing (that was thankfully DC only)
Going to the beach too, that one quest with no monsters in it, at night

Anyone remembers "Mamak.int" ?
Website rivaled PSOW for news back in its day. Might of been based in south pacific somewhere?

As far as I know, most of the battlers went to Xbox PSU , Xbox mistreat it / sega screws it up so prob not much of them left. Like that there was a "memory leak" or somesuch on the machines enemies that it would freeze the xbox, MS made everyone pay more etc..

Battle died down on GC anyway, the new stats spoiled it for most everyone.

It is all very fascinating to think of, that there were these cultures, times, and literally places you could go.......that now no one can ever get to again. It might as well be another dimension. They exist now only as memories.

Hey, Naked Robber here :3 I just started playing a few days ago because I had some time. Card ID is Naked Robber.

Keilyn
Mar 18, 2016, 09:44 PM
PSO?

When the game started I spent my time in Puck and Ophelia
AS well as time on Eclipse and Io.

Back then there were North American, European, and Japanese Ships linked together. I absolutely loved the naming scheme of the ships back then. Of course i played GC, Xbox, and PSObb, but I didnt care about Antares because I hated the harassment and elitist attitude on the blocks.

If its one thing that does not change is that the people who represent this forum while online in the game as far as behavior and attitude go do a very poor job of it...and the impression many have is that this is an elitist forum lacking intelligence and making other Americans look bad in a foreign game.

Seriously,
I have people on my friendlist who have told me that they they do their utmost to stay away from people in this forumboard or the forum itself, and that is due to the negative outlook this community has to the point while there are many threads that have actually helped people in this forum get into the game, the non-japanese community, and especially different groups of NA and EU players are utterly divided.

My opinion of this forum on a scale of 1 - 10, though I post here hovers around a high four. I have my past with people here. I come back from time to time wondering if the passage of time has changed people here, and while new faces come in and old ones leave, the attitude of people who represent this forum in-game remains unchanged and many people are hidden away from it.

I know forums that are far more active in other games in trying to create something fun and some measure of unity rather than spend their time on secondary and tertiary topics central to the game in-forum. Not to mention the forum-warriors that exist in all forums online related to gaming where some people COMMENT but never play.

Its not to say that all people are jerks here, but not all people here are friendly here and there is such an air of fear projected that TONS of people I know will READ this forum but never dare to even post in these forums.

So yes, these forums have not really changed much....