PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 I'm back!

Jim
Jun 30, 2013, 02:03 PM
So, I haven't played PSO2 or been on here for months. Since February I believe. I found some of my old game footage on my computer and now I need to play; so I'm re-installing the game tonight.

Anyone care to enlighten me on how the game has changed since I last played? The last thing I remember is Red weapons I think. What kind of new content are you guys enjoying? Has anything changed in the metagame? Any new rumors I should be aware of?

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 02:04 PM
Not much has changed since then really, but Episode 2 and a new class are releasing within a couple weeks (even just one, maybe? Not sure on the exact date)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vIuE9tYJM

Jim
Jun 30, 2013, 02:06 PM
Oh, is this new class the one that has katanas and bows? I'm really hoping katanas are awesome since they gutted sabers out of the Hunter's arsenal.

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 02:10 PM
Yep, they have just guarding and a few other interesting mechanics that places them somewhere between sabers, the hunter's swords, and katanas in terms of gameplay styles. They're also pretty mobile by the looks of things, I'm looking forward to them. They're the main reason I resumed playing so actively myself.

ShinMaruku
Jun 30, 2013, 02:12 PM
Just don't make a duman and name him Vergil and all will be good. :E

Nikoshae
Jun 30, 2013, 02:21 PM
Oh, welcome back! You were so nice and helpful to me when I was just starting out. Um ... what's changed? I'm edging level 50! lol

Jim
Jun 30, 2013, 02:22 PM
Yep, they have just guarding and a few other interesting mechanics that places them somewhere between sabers, the hunter's swords, and katanas in terms of gameplay styles. They're also pretty mobile by the looks of things, I'm looking forward to them. They're the main reason I resumed playing so actively myself.

Oh, man, pins and needles. I've always felt cheated having to use a Gunslash. Saber was all I used in the first game.

Just don't make a duman and name him Vergil and all will be good. :E

No need to worry about any DMC shenanigans. I play a HUmar. :cool:

EDIT:

Oh, welcome back! You were so nice and helpful to me when I was just starting out. Um ... what's changed? I'm edging level 50! lol

Hail yeah! Good to see you're still around.

Jim
Jun 30, 2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome back! When you get a chance, can you update your AC guide thread? :p

Yes, I will, thank you for reminding me! I'll take care of that as soon as I have money to purchase premium again. Should be a few days.

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome back gunslash-kun....

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
OH right, that's why I remember you. Your character name is my friend's name too. :lol:

Hello (again).

Jim
Jun 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome back gunslash-kun....

Glad to be here, Rock-dono. Nice to see you haven't gone anywhere.

EDIT:

OH right, that's why I remember you. Your character name is my friend's name too. :lol:

Hello (again).

Hello (again) to you too, Olaf! Your friend's name is Jim? Or do you actually have a friend named James Perry? (For the record, James Perry is my full name, not my character name.)

By the way, I hear we're able to trade 10* items now? Looks like I may finally be able to get my Black King Bar and all the nice Gunslashes I've been coveting.

HIT0SHI
Jun 30, 2013, 03:19 PM
Welcome back!

As Gigawuts said, looking forward to katanas as a substitute to sabers at least. :]

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hello (again) to you too, Olaf! Your friend's name is Jim? Or do you actually have a friend named James Perry? (For the record, James Perry is my full name, not my character name.)

Yes, one of my friends is named 'James Perry', as well. I figured it was technically your character name too, since he's named 'Jim'. I took it as a virtual representation of yourself.

Jungo Torii
Jun 30, 2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome back. Your AC guide was very helpful in assisting my first AC purchase a few months ago, by the way. Thanks much!

Rosel
Jun 30, 2013, 07:24 PM
Nothing has changed since you left, but welcome back and enjoy.