PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Update: Photon Arts and Photon Blasts

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2013, 08:10 PM
I've just got some videos on my inbox from PSO2up that i'd like to share with you guys in case you haven't seen them. Not sure were to put them so I've made this thread.
>In case there is a thread were I could post these links, then I'll happily delete this thread.

Photon Arts:
Version 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiBStwM3lY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiBStwM3lY

Version 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5kAlh7nUg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5kAlh7nUg

Photon Blasts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE11gKI33eI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE11gKI33eI

Maximum Burst
Jul 1, 2013, 08:27 PM
I'm so thankful for that rare drop information addition they're putting in. It's going to put my mind at ease during entrance/exit bursts.

The Walrus
Jul 1, 2013, 08:29 PM
That new sword pa looks hot

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 08:30 PM
FINALLY NEW SWORD PA THANK YOU HITOSHI GAWD!!

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2013, 08:39 PM
And it looks mobile too, which is great.

Thanks for posting Hitoshi!

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 08:42 PM
Judging from that dash aura I wonder if it will let us negate damage while charging forward? Gawd I hope so this will totally up defensive play and give me more options to work with.

Also time to grab new PB from excube shop for my Duman<3!

UnLucky
Jul 1, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hm, is that the clumsy girl who can grind your equipment to +15? Looks like they go from 0 to +1, so where's Dudu?

GreenArcher
Jul 1, 2013, 08:47 PM
Somebody call the fire department :wacko: @ flame thrower launchers

Gardios
Jul 1, 2013, 08:47 PM
Na Grants looks sexy yessssss

Xaeris
Jul 1, 2013, 08:49 PM
I'm glad the Megid line got a direct attack. If I had a nickel for everytime I had my rod up Quartz Dragon's nose and Megid still missed somehow...

Zyrusticae
Jul 1, 2013, 08:51 PM
OMFG DAT SWORD PA

I'm interested in seeing if that new Partisan PA is as pointless as it seems to be. Of course, nothing will ever replace Assault Buster (it is simply Too Good), but it does have some really good range...

Edit: Alternate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5kAlh7nUg

NoiseHERO
Jul 1, 2013, 08:53 PM
I wanna see em other PAs in action... <_<;; >_>;;

But if that sword PA is good, it'll be nice for sword to have more than 2 useful PAs AND it being a mobile PA. (Something Slash Rider-orwhatever could've been.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
The new dark tech is gonna make for tasty screenshots, what with it featuring the Algolian Seal, symbol/logo of the Phantasy Star franchise.

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hohohohoho! that's actually a better one! I'll go ahead and edit it.

UnLucky
Jul 1, 2013, 08:59 PM
Bahaha that knuckle PA what is the use?

Xaeris
Jul 1, 2013, 09:00 PM
How would you propose keeping your pimp hand strong?

NoiseHERO
Jul 1, 2013, 09:01 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WIRED-LANCE PA *_______________*

SO AWESOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE................... ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-bit get's his canon combo......!! *____*

Also loving that gunslash and that dagger PA looks like a weapon saver(if the DPS doesn't suck). But that Fist PA... kinda disappointing and unflashy... hopefully the damage makes up for that. <_>

But that wiredlance PA........ <___________>

Also hurry up and give us a shuriken shaped double saber.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 1, 2013, 09:01 PM
That sword PA looks amazing!

Syklo
Jul 1, 2013, 09:03 PM
I have a funny suspicion that the knuckle PA is gonna be a grab-type (i.e. it'll combo like slash rave)....

BUT THAT DS/TD PA. OMG.

and nabarta=ice breath? at least they finally have a tech where PP gradually decays

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2013, 09:03 PM
oh my fucking god that wired lance pa

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2013, 09:04 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WIRED-LANCE PA *_______________*

All I could think of when I saw it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svav1AWuOYA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svav1AWuOYA

Hosaka
Jul 1, 2013, 09:05 PM
Wired Lances having the best-looking new PA = unexpected.

Gardios
Jul 1, 2013, 09:06 PM
Seeing the TD PA makes me want to level a Fighter already... D:

NoiseHERO
Jul 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
Wired Lances having the best-looking new PA = unexpected.

I think part of what makes it more beautiful is WL NEEDED a not-grapple PA, I always wanted more wild slashing PA's and cerberus2slow dance didn't cut it for me. >_>

oratank
Jul 1, 2013, 09:08 PM
gunner pa with melee move wtf sega

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 09:10 PM
That wired lance PA holyshit insta get...I dun even....

Cyron Tanryoku
I hope that flamethrower pa for launcher is a good move to use during TAs

NoiseHERO
gunner pa with melee move wtf sega

Annoyingly twin mechguns are mostly a melee weapon.

But the charged version has shots at the end. It's probably just a juggle move.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 1, 2013, 09:11 PM
the real reason why people IF and ER is because they're the only actually non melee moves

MetalDude
Jul 1, 2013, 09:13 PM
It looks like a mix of Aerial Shooting and Satellite Aim. The way it moves in may actually give GU a better way to jump in and activate ZRA benefits. Just hope the power is good like SA.

Also, lol @ knuckle PA having poor range as always.

NoiseHERO
Jul 1, 2013, 09:14 PM
Seriously that knuckle PA better have Overend damage or I'm selling my fighting beats....

For Katana money.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 1, 2013, 09:16 PM
the real reason why people IF and ER is because they're the only actually non melee moves

Pretty much this. :lol:

But...huh, Rifle PA looks like a disengage move...interesting.

Xaeris
Honestly, they kind of shot themselves in the foot for making new TMG PAs when they made Satellite Aim. It's basically the perfect art: it executes quickly, is cheap on PP, and doesn't use elaborate movements making it easy to position and chain back to back. They're just not gonna outdo it.

HIT0SHI
I wanna see if the flame thrower PA would be multi-hit like Deadly Archer.

MetalDude
Jul 1, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'd rather they focus on making ZRA-based PAs link together better. RT and SA were a huge improvement despite what seemed like minor buffs. Their functionality actually made ZRA viable (along with ZRA not being negative RA or something stupid like it was).

Hosaka
Jul 1, 2013, 09:21 PM
But...huh, Rifle PA looks like a disengage move...interesting.

Literally just a reverse Impact Slider.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 1, 2013, 09:24 PM
Literally just a reverse Impact Slider.

Preeeetty much.

Sliiiiiide to the left. Sliiiiiiide to the right. xD

Exiled_Gundam
Jul 1, 2013, 09:25 PM
Now my Flame Visit can actually throw flame :P

Xaelouse
Jul 1, 2013, 09:28 PM
wired lance PA doesnt look like it has the range and ridiculous angles of cerberus dance, so cerberus dance will still be better in majority situations for building gear.
Partizan could be the "safer Assault Buster" if it deals just as much burst damage and has as much invisible range. I mean it's Gungnir
The techs look like ass. Except Nagrants if you like wand gear. Namegid charges so damn slow

The real question here is if these discs will be rare enemy exclusive BS

Gardios
Jul 1, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm still not sure why they gave lightning a tech that locks you into place when it would be much more suitable for Techer... unless they just want more FOs to use Talis more often or something...

The Walrus
Jul 1, 2013, 09:36 PM
NOT GONNA USE A TALIS STILL! JUST GONNA RUN IN THERE ARE USE THAT TECH IN POINT BLANK RANGE JUST LIKE I DO ZONDEEL!

Sadly prodeel force life expectancy is very low

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2013, 09:39 PM

The PAs might probably drop on the new level and hopefully no rare enemies.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 1, 2013, 09:39 PM
I hope that flamethrower pa isn't like Zero Distance

Looks useful but sucks

Laxedrane
Jul 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
wired lance PA doesnt look like it has the range and ridiculous angles of cerberus dance, so cerberus dance will still be better in majority situations for building gear.
Partizan could be the "safer Assault Buster" if it deals just as much burst damage and has as much invisible range. I mean it's Gungnir
The techs look like ass. Except Nagrants if you like wand gear. Namegid charges so damn slow

Unless this line changes the rules. AS far as I know all techs take the same amount of time to charge unless you have that fire ability. They were probably holding it so you could see the special Rune effect.

Light is super pretty but left me wondering the point against Gi-grants? Just another Aoe? A slower last longer spell?

Hopefully that sword will be fun enough to use to get me off only using partisan.

Partisan looks like a long distant attack which I like. The rest I am indifferent to since I don't really use them yet. Although I like that rifle one.

Xaeris
Jul 1, 2013, 09:43 PM
My guess is that these discs drop from 51+ rare enemies, so that AQs will be the primary source.

Zyrusticae
Jul 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
Namegid charges so damn slow
That's because the damage goes up the longer you charge it.

At least that's the impression I got.

(Please be true please be true please be true ohgawd)

Gardios
Jul 1, 2013, 09:52 PM
Light is super pretty but left me wondering the point against Gi-grants? Just another Aoe? A slower last longer spell?

Even though Na Grants is stronger than Gi Grants according to the 4gamer article, Gi Grants is still better for low HP trash since you get the damage faster. You also don't get full damage if enemies run out of it early (which shouldn't really happen as a Techer). For tougher monster groups, use Na Grants once (it probably won't stack multiple times at one location) and then fire away with Gi Grants.

One won't invalidate the other, what a nice surprise from SEGA!

XbikXBd
Jul 1, 2013, 09:54 PM
Unless this line changes the rules. AS far as I know all techs take the same amount of time to charge unless you have that fire ability. They were probably holding it so you could see the special Rune effect.

Hopefully that sword will be fun enough to use to get me off only using partisan.

Partisan looks like a long distant attack which I like. The rest I am indifferent to since I don't really use them yet. Although I like that rifle one.

umm im going to say lv 50+ rare vapol enemys and there are some rare enemys that dont have a drop so there we can see them too predicada and dagash nero for example.

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 10:12 PM

Doubt it Other spin beats Cerberus dance hands down especially when it has gear cause the utility and its AOE potential. I think This new WL PA will do a good job in the AOE category also pointing its another good non- grab PA and thats always a welcome.

Seem this one has to much placement evolved also by the time you got the charge off to take advantage of its gear enemies would have died by now. I sems way to stiff imo and assault buster still beats it.

Laxedrane
Jul 1, 2013, 10:13 PM
Even though Na Grants is stronger than Gi Grants according to the 4gamer article, Gi Grants is still better for low HP trash since you get the damage faster. You also don't get full damage if enemies run out of it early (which shouldn't really happen as a Techer). For tougher monster groups, use Na Grants once (it probably won't stack multiple times at one location) and then fire away with Gi Grants.

One won't invalidate the other, what a nice surprise from SEGA!

So basicly nagrants and zondeel those suckers in. AINT GETTING AWAY THIS TIME!>:D Hahaha should be fun.

Touka
Jul 1, 2013, 10:25 PM
Now my Flame Visit can actually throw flame :P

Ever since I first seen Flame Visit in PSO i've thought "this would be cooler if it shot flames"..It's taken some years but now it's a reality.

Also that knuckle pa does look rather tame but maybe it'll hit like a tank.

Edit:That WL pa animates like the last part of that twin saber PSU pa,forgot the name.

Hosaka
Jul 1, 2013, 10:34 PM
Ever since I first seen Flame Visit in PSO i've thought "this would be cooler if it shot flames"..It's taken some years but now it's a reality.

Edit:That WL pa animates like the last part of that twin saber PSU pa,forgot the name.

Splendor Crush. Cool move.

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2013, 10:35 PM
For the knuckle PA I'm wondering if it'll lift enemies or something. Note the dust effect. Maybe there's more to it off-screen? Or maybe not, they'd probably make a point of showing it if there was.

Zenobia
Jul 1, 2013, 10:38 PM
For the knuckle PA I'm wondering if it'll lift enemies or something. Note the dust effect. Maybe there's more to it off-screen? Or maybe not, they'd probably make a point of showing it if there was.

Oooorrrrrr........

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2hO-mW2Uk

lostinseganet
Jul 1, 2013, 10:45 PM
Partner machines can have their own mags? So can you combine power for even more powerful photon blast?

Valimer
Jul 1, 2013, 10:54 PM
FINALLY NEW SWORD PA THANK YOU HITOSHI GAWD!!

a gap closer too, just what they needed

Kondibon
Jul 1, 2013, 10:55 PM
Partner machines can have their own mags? So can you combine power for even more powerful photon blast?

They seem like customizable npc partners so I don't see why their PBs wouldn't chain like other npc partners do.

Unless you mean something like literally combining PBs, in which case I doubt it.

I'm glad they're including them though, I want a minion. >:I

Dan Maku
Jul 1, 2013, 11:16 PM
Love the Ilios PB. Reminds me of Persona (the game series, not this game's masked man). Better start saving my EX-Cubes.

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2013, 11:28 PM
Well I do have 10 excubes on stand by, din't really had anything that I wanted but now I might change PB if they have it on the shop.

Syklo
Jul 1, 2013, 11:48 PM
Wishful thinking, but

what if zanverse doubled, (or even tripled) the radius of gizan?
Since it boosts wind potency and stuff..

On that note, what if you zanverse a zanverse?

Kondibon
Jul 1, 2013, 11:52 PM
Wishful thinking, but

what if zanverse doubled, (or even tripled) the radius of gizan?
Since it boosts wind potency and stuff..

On that note, what if you zanverse a zanverse?

We're all pretty sure Zanverse isn't going to boost wind techs, just add an extra wind attack when you hit things inside it.

Putting Zanverse over Zanverse sounds like it would chain trigger like Zondeel over an active Zondeel.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 2, 2013, 12:52 AM
We're all pretty sure Zanverse isn't going to boost wind techs, just add an extra wind attack when you hit things inside it.

That's exactly how it worked in the video.

Also, since nobody mentioned it, the Knuckle PA was described as having high damage and speed (the latter is obvious from the video), but poor PP efficiency.

Alisha
Jul 2, 2013, 12:53 AM
that new wired lance PA reminds me of this :D
http://youtu.be/lITqwl4sElg?t=1m7s

supersonix9
Jul 2, 2013, 01:14 AM
I think I'm just going to wait for Ep 2 release to be surprised by the PAs.

Alenoir
Jul 2, 2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah, it's supposed to be a heavy hitter PA at the cost of more PP.

jooozek
Jul 2, 2013, 02:44 AM
so, will the chick break equipment or not? hopefully she will, we need to reach the boiling point

Arialle
Jul 2, 2013, 09:55 AM
am i the only one thats unhappy with RA GU's new PAs?? i mean a melee TMG PA....probably a melee launcher flamethrower...no new rifle PA..... not even flashy..... still no lasers or railguns ..... WE ARE RANGED CLASS FFS

screw this im quitting mah RA GU on Ep2 since im starting Dewman

Laxedrane
Jul 2, 2013, 10:04 AM
am i the only one thats unhappy with RA GU's new PAs?? i mean a melee TMG PA....probably a melee launcher flamethrower...no new rifle PA..... not even flashy..... still no lasers or railguns ..... WE ARE RANGED CLASS FFS

screw this im quitting mah RA GU on Ep2 since im starting Dewman

Uhhm There is a new rifle PA.(It's the one that launches the character backwards) and there already a piercing PA and a PA that rains Lasers down from the sky for rifle. What else do you want? You just want a weapon that its normal attack pierces?

Shinamori
Jul 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
so, will the chick break equipment or not? hopefully she will, we need to reach the boiling point

I hope not.

Arialle
Jul 2, 2013, 10:32 AM
Uhhm There is a new rifle PA.(It's the one that launches the character backwards) and there already a piercing PA and a PA that rains Lasers down from the sky for rifle. What else do you want? You just want a weapon that its normal attack pierces?

sorry let me elaborate .... a laser unique weapon type not laser type PAs ...and that laser rain is pretty useless imo....

in terms of PA...im actually asking for more RANGED type and not melee cause...its just the class

Drifting Fable
Jul 2, 2013, 02:20 PM
So knuckles gets the short end of the stick, least visually. Perhaps it may turn out to be a more powerful ducking blow.

I wonder how long are we allowed to use the new sword PA to run forward. Boost2win anyone?

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2013, 03:32 PM
If we're lucky, if we're really lucky, the new sword PA drains PP like nabarta and lets you run as long as you hold down the button.

Gardios
Jul 2, 2013, 03:48 PM
What if... you actually need to charge the PA beforehand to travel a meaningful distance?

/jinxing

Tenlade
Jul 2, 2013, 08:09 PM
Videos got removed, whats up with that?

Gardios
Jul 2, 2013, 08:20 PM
The Nico uploads were taken down by SEGA... They likely share their fate with the YouTube uploads.

ShinMaruku
Jul 2, 2013, 08:21 PM
Man Sega had the perfect time to make stinger a PA.

Manta Oyamada
Jul 2, 2013, 08:29 PM
I'll put in another place the videos

SakoHaruo
Jul 2, 2013, 08:43 PM
watch the knuckle PA end up being really good.

Man Sega had the perfect time to make stinger a PA.

Assault Buster? ...and did you mean to say million stab?

Zenobia
Jul 2, 2013, 08:52 PM

...and did you mean to say million stab?

^This

Manta Oyamada
Jul 2, 2013, 09:03 PM
Videos New links

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=413314598786620

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=413320088786071

supersonix9
Jul 2, 2013, 09:09 PM
Videos New links

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=413314598786620

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=413320088786071

already unviewable

privacy blah blah blah legal stuff blah blah blah

HIT0SHI
Jul 2, 2013, 09:10 PM
Bloody hell, the videos got removed D:
Also Manta your links arent working for me. There's an error message that says:

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Blundy
Jul 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
i missed the videos and now they're gone T_T

Alenoir
Jul 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
Videos got removed, whats up with that?

SEGA is attempting to block information they don't want to be out yet. A notice about datamining (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=1738) have been put on the official site.

Manta Oyamada
Jul 2, 2013, 09:17 PM
OMG

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSO2O/

Alenoir
Jul 2, 2013, 09:20 PM
Closed group, can't see posts.

Edit: nvm, that's why.

EvilMag
Jul 2, 2013, 09:41 PM
Looking into the games files is cheating.

Cute logic Sega.

Syklo
Jul 2, 2013, 09:59 PM
Looking into the games files is cheating.

Cute logic Sega.
>Looks into install directory
>Is already classified as a hacker.

Yep, makes sense. Totally.

Gardios
Jul 2, 2013, 10:27 PM
Welp, guess we'll never get to know what's in the predownload then! What a shame.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, darn. Nobody around here breaks any rules, so I guess we'll just have to wait from now on.

ZeGoose
Jul 2, 2013, 10:40 PM
Could someone upload the PA vids to some obscure site?

LordShade
Jul 2, 2013, 10:49 PM
Welp, guess we'll never get to know what's in the predownload then! What a shame.

our good old friends at a website that cannot be named will still do it anyway.

MetalDude
Jul 2, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ohh man, I'm sure their efforts to stop people from looking into files they release will be really effective.

Zyrusticae
Jul 2, 2013, 11:07 PM
You can't even do anything to people who don't play the game but still look through the files either way. What're you gonna do, preemptively ban them from making an account? Heh.

Tenlade
Jul 2, 2013, 11:17 PM
You can't even do anything to people who don't play the game but still look through the files either way. What're you gonna do, preemptively ban them from making an account? Heh.

they can threaten "legal action" according to the eula

Most likely it just means they will send a nasty cease and desist letter and hope it scares the server into taking the info off, but most likely its a bluff.

I doubt sega wants to get into serious legal actions over it, especially if it ends up being a site in another country hosting the info, which could be a complete mess.

Alisha
Jul 2, 2013, 11:36 PM
what possible reason could sega have for this level of fail?

Zenobia
Jul 2, 2013, 11:44 PM
Wow doing the same damn thing as they did with shining arks really sega?

HIT0SHI
Jul 3, 2013, 01:12 AM
Wow doing the same damn thing as they did with shining arks really sega?

Icwutudidthar

jooozek
Jul 3, 2013, 01:35 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if they started banning people right and left for using the english patch

Syklo
Jul 3, 2013, 01:40 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if they started banning people right and left for using the english patch
That'd only eliminate one block.
They're still missing a dimension of elimination.

Jul 3, 2013, 01:47 AM
You guys are over-reacting. They probably did this because things are subject to change.

Maybe when they finalize it, we'll see these PAs in a teaser video soon.

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 01:56 AM
Some of you guys are over-reacting. They probably did this because things are subject to change.

Maybe when they finalize it, we'll see these PAs in a teaser video soon.

Fixed

Alisha
Jul 3, 2013, 01:57 AM
personally i'm highly dissapointed with the sword pa. i feel swords needs a pa that can quickly raise the gear guage ala cerberus dance.

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 02:20 AM
personally i'm highly dissapointed with the sword pa. i feel swords needs a pa that can quickly raise the gear guage ala cerberus dance.

Sword gear rises up pretty fast I dunno how you play HU, but I had no problem taking advantage of sword gear or raising it.

Sonic Arrow on mobs is one of the bests PA's to use and gets it u pretty fast, also Ride Slasher. Btw new sword PA is a gap closer if you had any kinda of sense of how it looks and should be used.

MetalDude
Ride Slasher is actually quite good at that in crowds.

But if you mean for single-target, yeah, shit's annoying to get rolling.

holmwood

I'm highly disappointed with all the new PAs. Frankly, I thought they would be flashy on the level of the new Techs (wired lance being the awesomesauce exception).
We'll see how they work with gear, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The gun PA doesn't even dash forward. As if charging and slowly moving towards bosses wasn't suicidal enough. :-?

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 02:21 AM
I dunno if you do JA's with sword that shit flies up.

MetalDude
Jul 3, 2013, 02:27 AM
In solo play it works fine, but I can never manage that shit in a full group unless we're fighting enemies that don't melt in two hits.

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 02:45 AM
That is true, and I only do AQ's and EXQ's and always in 4 player parties if I do see mobs I toss 2-3 Sonic Arrows to get it at near max which is already good and I just go from there.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 07:44 AM
re: legal action against people checking out the files

Valve knows people do these things and uses it to their advantage. Do you know the kind of hype you can build by dropping super subtle hints to new items and future events into the item database, the models, etc? TF2 does this shit all the time and the community goes apeshit for new info, shit Valve treats it like an ARG half the time. This is a good thing.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 07:58 AM
Alternate Reality Game?

Sega: These filthy hackers are stealing our intellectual property! Stop it! Stop doing that! These are our closely guarded secrets you are violating with your vicious depravity! Don't make me come over there... I mean it guys. Really. Stop.

Valve: It seems people looked at the files we directly gave them and are now discussing our products as well as all of the cool new features and changes that we have, or could have, implemented. It's free press, advertisement, and hype. Plus we can get their valuable feedback and suggestions before we actually release anything, saving time, resources, and public image if anything needed to be changed.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 08:10 AM
That's exactly it, yes. They intentionally put things into the client data that don't actually serve a purpose. At several points in time they accidentally released something they didn't want anyone to see, like the TOBOR ("Robot" spelled backwards - meant for an early phase of the tutorial but was dropped for ordinary looking classes).

They released the TOBOR texture bya ccident and players went haywire trying to figure out its secrets. They eventually picked this up and ran with it. Hell, maybe the tutorial thing was just a coverup and it was indeed meant for the robot update. Example of how to do this shit right:
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZTLnHj_tY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZTLnHj_tY[/spoiler-box]
They would also regularly put files (or even just references to unincluded files) in updates, such as this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2682653
This gave players the information and hints to hype up something. This, plus they knew the game had an AI system that was actively being improved over time, plus a whole slew of other hints like references to robot variants of sound files for multiple classes and bomb sounds (I think "bombtank" was one of them, but I could be wrong) led to a lot of conclusions - one of the popular ones being very similar to what did actually release. Eventually it culminated in this update:
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug[/spoiler-box]
Even that trailer is loaded with subtle hints and tips to other things, plus lots of references.

Valve uses all of this to their advantage. It's free, easy publicity. All you've got to do is whisper into players' ears and make sure you never give all the information. Players love that ARG shit. Meanwhile over at Sega the bunch of amateurs running the show have decided that player interest should be suppressed and controlled.

Rien
Jul 3, 2013, 11:01 AM
Ride Slasher is actually quite good at that in crowds.

But if you mean for single-target, yeah, shit's annoying to get rolling.

Can I have a demonstration of Ride Slasher on crowds?

The way I see it, it's not even a viable option compared to spamming Sonic Arrow, unless it's a Ga/Guwonda.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh man ride slasher is god tier in bunched up crowds, for building gear and for just general killing. Try it on weak bulleted falz hands, oh god.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2013, 05:18 PM
anyone have an updated link or vids for the new photon arts?

supersonix9
Jul 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
at least we can be surprised by the new PAs I guess lol

ShinMaruku
Jul 5, 2013, 08:27 PM

Assault Buster? ...and did you mean to say million stab?

No stinger I want to fucking impale and then throw them back.

Tenlade
Jul 5, 2013, 11:59 PM
Valve uses all of this to their advantage. It's free, easy publicity. All you've got to do is whisper into players' ears and make sure you never give all the information. Players love that ARG shit. Meanwhile over at Sega the bunch of amateurs running the show have decided that player interest should be suppressed and controlled.
they want the publicity from people watching their official live streams and trailers for the news.

Maenara
Jul 6, 2013, 12:15 AM
Sega's doing a Nexon.

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2013, 07:49 AM
they want the publicity from people watching their official live streams and trailers for the news.

Valve intentionally trickles out small pieces of information to keep players interested and active. Then they confirm or deny suspicions with an update trailer.

So yeah. Valve does all of that but stream. Given how niconico seems to cap how many people can watch a stream at once, Sega is making a pretty poor choice with that, too. Most of us wind up watching the stream when it's being re-broadcast by someone else.