PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Rumors....

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2013, 03:54 AM
Well, I'm always googling stuff and what not and came across a couple posts in odd forums that suggest that SEGA and Sony may be collaboration on a PS4 version of PSO2, and that they are working on compatibility and conversion issues, but i can not seem to find a source to either prove or disprove this+^_^+ so i ask of you, use them superior then mine Google skills and find some news, yes?+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]

From what had been said, SEGA and Sony wanted to make it available to play PSO2 from Vita, PC and PS4 and be able to play with people of every console version simultaneously and seamlessly. As of now they are working on compatibility and conversion issues from each to each other, but once they are finalized, then we should start looking into when the release for US will be, as it was implied they wanted to release [PSO2 - US] when it was finished, so a US version is still very much possible in the future.
Of course, don't forget to comment to developers, send your letters and feedback to let them know how much the game is anticipated here as every effort on the community's part can make a big difference on a title's release in the US!
http://raptr.com/Arynos/news/51d0d954a384dfc7e9/recent-news-on-us-release-prospects-[/SPOILER-BOX]

one such post+^_^+ I've found another sourceless but similar post somewhere else too, but can't remember+^_^+

jooozek
Jul 3, 2013, 04:05 AM
and the source is his uncle in SEGA right
where did i hear that story again...

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 3, 2013, 04:08 AM
likely or not, a PS4 version of PSO2 sounds pretty great. but that also would go against the "PSO2 won't appear on consoles" thing said awhile back. maybe something changed though.

blace
Jul 3, 2013, 04:11 AM
This is about the same level as that Xbox 360 release on that one site.

Let Sega announce it if true.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 04:24 AM
Considering all the compatibility and conversion issues introduced with the Vita release, I don't really want them to put it on a third platform.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 07:48 AM
I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure it would actually be implemented very well, and the truth is there is a very real difference between console players and PC players. You're going to run into a whole lot more 12 year olds if this thing hits consoles, especially considering it's F2P.

Anyone remember the PSU demo on xbox? Picture that, except on a way larger scale because this would be more than just a demo. It's the whole game for free.

Laxedrane
Jul 3, 2013, 08:06 AM
I like the idea in principle, but I'm not sure it would actually be implemented very well, and the truth is there is a very real difference between console players and PC players. You're going to run into a whole lot more 12 year olds if this thing hits consoles, especially considering it's F2P.

Anyone remember the PSU demo on xbox? Picture that, except on a way larger scale because this would be more than just a demo. It's the whole game for free.

I know a lot of people dread the younger crowd these days, however, weren't a good deal of us the dreaded 12-18 crowd during the glory days of PSO DC, GC, or Xbox? I know I just turned 16 when I finally went online with the gamecube version for the first time.

I know Immaturity sucks but I rather like to have more diversity. Get all pokemon up in here.(You teach me and I'll teach you)

Anyways as much as people probably want to shank me for this line of thought. I think PSO2, as it is now, would do much better on the Wii U.

The game difficulty is just right for it to attract hoards of these new family friendly casuals. While the clothes might turn some parents off most of them I think wouldn't mind it. And I think the "Newer" gamers would love the huge emphasis on appearances and would find the current release schedule for content just their speed.

Well, whatever consul sega does or doesn't decide on.(PS3 or 4 still the most likely) I think whoever, sega or otherwise, gets the first free to download and free to play mmorpg on consul stands to make millions. Since Sega were the ones who paved the path for normal MMORPGs I still hold out hope they will once again take up that charge.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 08:12 AM
Nah, the Woo's already got DQX and Monster Hunter. Japan's console online RPG market needs nothing more.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 3, 2013, 09:59 AM

But we was that age when the first PSO came out.

Kion
Jul 3, 2013, 10:01 AM
Probably not going to happen. But PS4 is pretty much built like a gaming pc with an x86-64 architecture. So it might not be too hard to port.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 3, 2013, 10:03 AM
I know a lot of people dread the younger crowd these days, however, weren't a good deal of us the dreaded 12-18 crowd during the glory days of PSO DC, GC, or Xbox? I know I just turned 16 when I finally went online with the gamecube version for the first time.

I know Immaturity sucks but I rather like to have more diversity. Get all pokemon up in here.(You teach me and I'll teach you)

Anyways as much as people probably want to shank me for this line of thought. I think PSO2, as it is now, would do much better on the Wii U.

The game difficulty is just right for it to attract hoards of these new family friendly casuals. While the clothes might turn some parents off most of them I think wouldn't mind it. And I think the "Newer" gamers would love the huge emphasis on appearances and would find the current release schedule for content just their speed.

Well, whatever consul sega does or doesn't decide on.(PS3 or 4 still the most likely) I think whoever, sega or otherwise, gets the first free to download and free to play mmorpg on consul stands to make millions. Since Sega were the ones who paved the path for normal MMORPGs I still hold out hope they will once again take up that charge.

I like Wii U better than X-Box. I never like X-Box the games just had no appeal for some reason. Wii also has virtual console so can buy old games. Serious games are for the PC while quick but fun games are for Wii. Wii is between Iphone and PC on the serious scale. PSO2 is the game that can go on either Wii or PC it has that appeal, kind of serious but not too much while still being fun if you don't play too much and take breaks.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 3, 2013, 10:04 AM
Probably not going to happen. But PS4 is pretty much built like a gaming pc with an x86 architecture. So it might not be too hard to port.

This architecture was weak even years ago! x64 is the present, x86 limits RAM capacity very much.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 10:11 AM
If people would like to defend the xbox demo they're more than welcome to. I for one do not want that to be the typical experience every single time I sign on.

I was not 12 years old when I started playing PSO. I did not relentlessly chat spam in lobbies, nor did I particularly like it when people did it when I started playing.

If you were 12 years old and an insufferable little shit on PSO then I would not have liked you. If you weren't an insufferable little shit then there's no problem.

Vintasticvin
Jul 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
If people would like to defend the xbox demo they're more than welcome to. I for one do not want that to be the typical experience every single time I sign on.

I was not 12 years old when I started playing PSO. I did not relentlessly chat spam in lobbies, nor did I particularly like it when people did it when I started playing.

If you were 12 years old and an insufferable little shit on PSO then I would not have liked you. If you weren't an insufferable little shit then there's no problem.

*Clicks the non existing "Like" button*

Shinamori
Jul 3, 2013, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't be surprised since Sony likes people to who port to their system to add extra content.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 3, 2013, 11:27 AM
I still say if FFXIV has more crap going on in the game at once, and can play DAMN WELL on the PS3, PSO2 has NO EXCUSE to not be on the PS3.

Ezodagrom
Jul 3, 2013, 11:37 AM
This architecture was weak even years ago! x64 is the present, x86 limits RAM capacity very much.
The current implementation of x64 is pretty much an extension of x86, it's often called x86-64 and the new consoles APUs are x86-64 units.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2013, 01:51 PM

*shudders at the thought* i must have put at least 500 hrs into the Xbox demo+^_^+ playing concurrently with PSU and depending on whether i could afford the monthly fee or not+^_^+

Probably not going to happen. But PS4 is pretty much built like a gaming pc with an x86 architecture. So it might not be too hard to port.

from what i understand, PS4 uses a x86-64 which is just fancy talk for x64+^_^+ and it would need to be x64 considering PS4 has 8 GB GDDR5 @5500 MHz RAM+^_^+ (well, i don't think even the PC i'm trying to build could have that kinda RAM)

at any-rate, thanks all for helping me look, just thought i might have missed something since i didn't watch E3 or nothin+^_^+

moorebounce
Jul 3, 2013, 06:02 PM
Considering all the compatibility and conversion issues introduced with the Vita release, I don't really want them to put it on a third platform.

I think it has been in consideration since there is a Vita version of PSO2. Add to that they're launching the PS4 soon and the PS3 will be dead. Maybe that's the way we get an NA/EU version of PSO2.

Mekhana
Jul 3, 2013, 07:17 PM
Will take a while before the PS3 is dead, do you guys remember how long it took for the PS1 and PS2 to die? Sony consoles have an excellent lifespan.

Also they are likely not releasing Dark Souls 2 for next generation consoles and other games in development are following a similar path, there's still plenty of reason to keep owning a PS3 (especially if you take into consideration the PS4 would never be able to have backwards compatibility due to the PS3's cell processor.)

Psycl0ne
Jul 3, 2013, 07:55 PM
considering the huge amount of content on PSO2 (including the content that's coming from episode 2), I doubt it will be coming to a consol any time soon and if it ever does it will be a trimmed version of the PC... I like the idea of it running on the Wii U though, the gamepad would work well with selecting items, weapons, chatting and so on.. I have a Xbox 360 but I am no longer paying for the Xbox live, I felt robbed.

Laxedrane
Jul 3, 2013, 08:18 PM

It's not so much I want to defend assholes being assholes for the sake of being assholes. So much that I rather welcome new players into the game that's outside the standard circle.

Yes opening the game to a consul especially xbox is like opening a flood gate for people no one wants around. However I think it's worth putting up with, ignoring, and weeding out these people for the sake of everyone else that would come with them.

@Psyclone FFXI is an over decade old game, with 5 expansions, 6 mini-expanions and all that times worth of updates. It is on the ->playstation 2<- and 360 with manageable small problems.

It may not play at the top graphics etc... But I am pretty sure the consuls can handle it.