PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 your episode 2 expectations?

jooozek
Jul 3, 2013, 12:50 PM
the only thing i hope if is that they raise the rares drop rates significantly, if it doesn't happen well shit, will see how long can i bother playing a duman braver and then quit till the level cap raise

Jakosifer
Jul 3, 2013, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure I'll have a week-month of total hype best game ever brb etc, then back to the status quo of "Log on and do one or two missions then boredom log or troll for a couple hours"

MetalDude
Jul 3, 2013, 01:14 PM
Braver and new PAs will hold out for a while, but if quests are still as lame as ever then what Jakosifer said.

Feliss
Jul 3, 2013, 01:15 PM
nothing to expect from sega
just some more crap

blace
Jul 3, 2013, 01:16 PM
At best my reply is "meh".

Edit: Looks like I'm in the minority here with one vote in the last choice.

Yuicihi
Jul 3, 2013, 01:18 PM
Skeptically interested at best.

gravityvx
Jul 3, 2013, 01:19 PM
Cap dewman braver and sub, then back to logging in to TA and occasional falz. Nothing that great in ep2 aside from new race & class.

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
I'll probably play a lot cause yay braver but once I get it to a high level it'll be back to logging on for TACO's as usual.

NoiseHERO
Man those whatever votes, and I thought I was most cynical-kun.

To be honest I wish it were 2 new PAs per weapon and 2 new classes though. <_<

As for areas beach will be like the last area I need to care about.

jooozek
Braver and new PAs will hold out for a while, but if quests are still as lame as ever then what Jakosifer said.

i wanted to be excited about PAs and techs but knowing they will drop from rare enemies/bosses just makes me nauseous

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2013, 01:31 PM
i wanted to be excited about PAs and techs but knowing they will drop from rare enemies/bosses just makes me nauseous

well what rares can still drop them? @_@

It'll either have some new even MORE annoying way of getting them,

or if it's same as last time even worse these PAs will be more rare... and drop from same rare enemies at higher levels. So for the first 2 months some PAs will still cost like 2-8 mil and Good luck with PAs that get a huge boost after 11 (like Assbuster and AdDbullet) that'll take you a month to hunt if you even want them that badly.

Okay so yeah just multiple worse case scenarios that most likely will happen.

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2013, 01:33 PM
I bet they'll drop from VHard EP2 enemies/rares

Lostbob117
Jul 3, 2013, 01:34 PM
I hope katanas are fun. c:

Jakosifer
Jul 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
Man those whatever votes, and I thought I was most cynical-kun.

brb you think you the shit but not really okay brb brah

But yeah, I expected more whatever's than anything else.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 3, 2013, 01:42 PM
Well they could set the new rare PAs to the rare fat dragon, noir drall, predichada nero (lol) dagash nero, and i guess new ep2 mobs. bit looking forward to it.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 01:44 PM
expectations:

a beach

a guy in a shell with an unfitting voice

swords

arrows

grey chicks

Z-0
I'm looking forward to Episode -- more content is always a good thing, but I'm more worried how long it's going to last before I start seeing the flaws of this game again.

supersonix9
I'm pretty convinced that the new class, PAs, and beach will be satisfying for at least a few weeks. It's probably not going to be as good of an update as the 3 class update, but it should be the best thing since. Pretty much all of the content from this update is the kind of thing that the game needs if it wants to survive.

I'm looking forward to Episode -- more content is always a good thing, but I'm more worried how long it's going to last before I start seeing the flaws of this game again.

And this; new content is always good.

Gardios
Jul 3, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm not even done with the current content (Floating Continent lol), so yay more to look forward to.

BlankM
Jul 3, 2013, 01:57 PM
I'm trying to psych myself up for a new character, so that much alone is something to do.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hoping for Beach Team Room+^_^+ otherwise, well.... free character slot for TA farming??

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah Braver will be cool for two days until we know what the skills do, and which ones are amazing, and which ones may as well not exist.

Can't wait to see how badly the new PAs and techs work in practice.

And I already don't like the new area boss. The zone will be fresh for a week until it's all anybody does since it's the best place to grind and/or farm. Or it's not the best, so nobody does it at all.

What else is in the update? Oh yeah, nothing. Costumes probably. Maybe the month after will be interesting?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
Well a new planet is nice, new pas are nice, free character slot is nice, a new class that has me written all over it is fucking nice,the new race is meh so ya I'm looking forward to it.

Dongra
Jul 3, 2013, 02:49 PM
Considering this game up until now hasn't done much for me, I can't see episode 2 changing things up enough for me to reconsider. Just voted whatever because that pretty much sums up what I think of the game.

Ezodagrom
Jul 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
Keeping my expectations realistic, this is not a big expansion, just a transition from episode 1 to episode 2. The launch of episode 2 is just marking a milestone for PSO2.

Though I'm rather hyped to have a new character and try out a new class... And, of course, beach area, new area every 2 months until the end of the year, and super hard mode in October.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm interested in making a new character. I have no idea what I want to make yet though. Either a female, or a big honking CAST.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
It's going to be just what we have now. A new field, some new enemies, a couple new bosses, some new clothing/Mags/extras.

Basically, Episode 2 is going to just be, like, a month's worth of updates all in one. After that, we'll be back to what we're getting now. So, it's 'whatever'.

TheAstarion
Jul 3, 2013, 04:02 PM
New character. Yay. 50 more storage slots.

New class. Yay. Somewhere to put my CO EXP.

New planet. Yay. Last new field I never played after the first week other than for tacos.

New PAs. Yay. Balance elements pls sega.

New drops. Boo. Will never get and will see the luckiest people I know get rares on day 1.

Other than that, Phashion Social Online 2. Was hoping for Beasts to make their return since we knew about Dumans since alpha.

SakoHaruo
Jul 3, 2013, 04:18 PM
I'm just very happy to see more gameplay stuff added and not the same fashion shit. New race, new class, new quest to grind every two months, and they were even nice enough to add new PAs for older classes.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2013, 04:18 PM
Besides the obvious class + new zone, I'm looking forward to seeing unannounced changes like major balance changes (yes, they're coming) and a pile of new emergency codes.

Also, yeah, I admit it, I really, really want that datamined bikini...

Also new story missions (for once, after how long?). I'm actually quite curious to see how things develop since we're past the first stage of the story (which, at least to me, seems to have been focused mostly on establishing the setting).

Yes, I am hopelessly hyped up. It's sad and pathetic, especially knowing that SEGA will probably disappoint, but you know what? Fuck cynicism. I'll keep my hopes up and let them be dashed again and again if I must.

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 04:56 PM
Besides the obvious class + new zone, I'm looking forward to seeing unannounced changes like major balance changes (yes, they're coming) and a pile of new emergency codes.

Also, yeah, I admit it, I really, really want that datamined bikini...

Also new story missions (for once, after how long?). I'm actually quite curious to see how things develop since we're past the first stage of the story (which, at least to me, seems to have been focused mostly on establishing the setting).

Yes, I am hopelessly hyped up. It's sad and pathetic, especially knowing that SEGA will probably disappoint, but you know what? Fuck cynicism. I'll keep my hopes up and let them be dashed again and again if I must.

Hyped a bit for Dumans loved em in PSP2I so I can dig ii.

New PA's and and all that jazz to mess around with.

Agreed with Zury I wan't that new Bikini 8D.

Other than that im bracing myself for the RNG and it will be back to TA's as per usual.

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2013, 04:57 PM
Wait, what is there to actually be hyped about?

Ezodagrom
Jul 3, 2013, 04:57 PM
Other than that im bracing myself for the RNG and it will be back to TA's as per usual.
Wonder if there will be a new TA for the new area eventually. :3

Zenobia
Jul 3, 2013, 05:00 PM

@Giga that's the joke 8D

@Ezo im wondering that myself actually would be pretty cool to see how they do it :3!

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 05:20 PM

PSO2 has been out for over a year in Japan with no tentative release date for the international release, the latest actual news being a low-key confirmation of a delay reported by a third party.

Also Ep2 seems to be the smallest "big" update yet, where monthly costume rotations obviously aren't considered.

Maybe there's much, much more that they're simply not telling us. It would certainly explain the threatened legal action against curious fans discussing what's publicly available to them!

Xaelouse
Jul 3, 2013, 05:58 PM
new toys to play with, balance changes
the real meat is in October though, Super Hard and all. Hopefully they change up the maps along with the enemies

Gardios
Jul 3, 2013, 06:00 PM
Wait, they've announced baöance changes?

o0Kais0o
Jul 3, 2013, 07:34 PM
I'm looking forward to my katana wielding glassiest cannon unicorn of justice. All damage+no survivability, I'll either love the challenge or just ditch the character.

Psycl0ne
Jul 3, 2013, 08:08 PM
I'm hyped for the new classes and new PA's, but I am hoping the new areas are harder..

jooozek
Jul 4, 2013, 10:50 AM
Wait, they've announced baöance changes?

nah, nothing announced

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 10:52 AM
Nothing is announced, but the section where they would be listed has been the only section without any text whatsoever since the update page went up IIRC.

Z-0
Jul 4, 2013, 11:04 AM
That page has Arks Road and Support Character on there now.

And it will probably stay that way.

Kitoshi
Jul 4, 2013, 12:04 PM
Hyped for the new class, the new skills, including on existing classes, there has been mined skills for existing classes of which some of them might be quite interesting and are really gonna benefit the existing classes.

Some new skills in spoilerbox (internal names only, up to yourself to speculate what they do)
This is also not confirmed to be in the 17th july patch off course, just what a buddy of mine found and relayed to me.
[SPOILER-BOX]
Gunner : SRollArts, SRollCombo, SRollUP. (I personally believe SRoll stands for Shift Roll)

Ranger with : PowerBullet, BulletPPsave and a new trap.

Hunter with : Sacrfice, MassiveHunter and the minor satk up3.

Techer: Satk up, MainWand.

Fighter: CrazyBeat, CrazyHeart.

Force has some new as well but i have no clue which ones, cause i never looked into FO skill trees deeply enough to memorize the skills.[/SPOILER-BOX]

And just general bit of new content, new map to explore, new bosses to kill.
New story, arks road rewards (green wing unit as an example, 7*'s)

Getting to know the new class and stuff like that.

Is it a reason to be hyped ? maybe not, but that's why I am hopelessly hyped.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 12:13 PM
/constantly suggest PP recovery on kill for hunter
/ranger gets it
/constantly suggest PP save for hunter
/ranger gets it

Gardios
Jul 4, 2013, 12:15 PM
Tune in to the next episode of "Creative Techer Skills"!

The Walrus
Jul 4, 2013, 12:15 PM
http://ezknight.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/segalogo__qjpreviewth.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 12:17 PM
/constantly suggest better damage skills for hunter
/ranger still gets it

Zyrusticae
Jul 4, 2013, 12:31 PM
I guess someone in SEGA's team has a serious hard-on for rangers.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 12:35 PM
Also if MassiveHunter is anything other than hunters being able to become 50 meters tall I am throwing such a tremendous shitfit.

Zyrusticae
Jul 4, 2013, 12:38 PM
I really have to wonder what that could possibly be. "Massive Hunter" sounds like something that would make you large, but seriously? I doubt such a skill would ever exist. It has to be something else.

Jei182
Jul 4, 2013, 12:39 PM
Kind of hyped up, but then again I've only been playing the game for about a month or so and my highest is lvl 27. There is a lot about the game that I still don't know about yet. Ironic that I asked what a TACO is and a thread pops up that states info about Time Attack Client Orders. lol

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 12:42 PM
I really have to wonder what that could possibly be. "Massive Hunter" sounds like something that would make you large, but seriously? I doubt such a skill would ever exist. It has to be something else.

Oh yeah, I'm sure of that.

Also, I'm putting all of my cash on betting that Sacrifice is a button you press to kill yourself and res someone else.

Finally, HU will be considered valuable by endgame metagamers!

Gardios
Jul 4, 2013, 12:48 PM
I hope Sacrifice works like RO Devotion/Sacrifice, but taking your own DEF into account. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed, though. =/

gravityvx
Jul 4, 2013, 12:52 PM
what is a TACO?

A really stupid name for Time Attack Client Orders, or a delicious snack.

angrysquid
Jul 4, 2013, 12:59 PM

When I hear "Massive Hunter" of something like reduce/nullify knockback..
Massive is a syonym for obese/fat, isnt it?

Z-0
Jul 4, 2013, 01:03 PM
I hope the Gunner and Techer skills are enough to make them fun to play. I just hope these come with Episode 2 instead of Super, 'coz waiting is dumb and it sucks.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 01:03 PM
It could be interpreted that way given the kind of wording they use for other things, sure. That'd be a good ability if it didn't mean sacrificing other damage skills, which it likely will.

How did RO's sacrifice thing work?

Xaelouse
Jul 4, 2013, 01:04 PM
sounds like a HP double-up skill to me

Xaelouse
Jul 4, 2013, 01:05 PM
I hope the Gunner and Techer skills are enough to make them fun to play. I just hope these come with Episode 2 instead of Super, 'coz waiting is dumb and it sucks.

seeing as they're giving free skill tree reset passes when the update hits....we'll probably be getting them while we get stuff like Brave Stance UP 2 and PP Restorate 2 in October

Gardios
Jul 4, 2013, 01:24 PM
How did RO's sacrifice thing work?

When a party member is damaged, they transfer the damage to you instead. They also get all of your active skill effects such as auto-block, damage reduction or damage reflection.

Zenobia
Jul 4, 2013, 02:47 PM
Massive hunter? Sounds like a STOIC skill super armor style! Crazy beat and the former sounds like FI own style of Fury Stance dunno LOL!

Aine
Jul 4, 2013, 02:53 PM
'MassiveHunter' sounds like Engrish for giant killin'

Kitoshi
Jul 4, 2013, 04:13 PM
Massive hunter? Sounds like a STOIC skill super armor style! Crazy beat and the former sounds like FI own style of Fury Stance dunno LOL!

I have to add something to the Fighter skills.

It seems Agrajag mined another skill called "Adrenalin(e)" for Fighter.

Scrub
Jul 4, 2013, 05:03 PM
EXPECTING TO BE A MIGHTY NIHONGO SAMURAI WARIER

final_attack
Jul 4, 2013, 08:25 PM
I agree with more drop rates >_< Got things to do in RL, so far I only do Falz and Forest runs, but not a single TMG. I've been doing this for months >_<

Syklo
Jul 4, 2013, 08:52 PM
It seems Agrajag mined another skill called "Adrenalin(e)" for Fighter.

Guessing it's a mode change for FI: Double movement speed at some cost, and the Crazy-things are modifiers related to adrenaline mode.

I'M SO PUMPED NOW!
#nopunintended
But if it's after pp slayer on the skill tree.....................

Exiled_Gundam
Jul 4, 2013, 09:02 PM
Maybe Massive Hunter increase the damage dealt depending on monster size :P

SquashDemon
Jul 5, 2013, 03:45 AM
I'm more excited for the story, or at least when AIDA's and company get around to translating it all. A bit disappointed in Dark Falz Elder's Dialogue, but...well, I was actually kind of invested in the other characters. 'specially Theodore. I liked his subplot, and am excited to see it evolve.

(I speculate that the hat is some kinda limiter and when he takes it off the shit just hits the goddamn fan.)

Meji
Jul 5, 2013, 05:25 AM
Man those whatever votes, and I thought I was most cynical-kun.'Cause this is my P-S-O-WORLD of whatever! ♪

No, but really, I don't have great expectations for Episode 2. All that I really love is the fact that they're adding more variation of content to the game for once, instead of just building up new scenarios of old areas/enemies (AQs, XQs).

Syklo
Jul 5, 2013, 05:50 AM
Only one person needs the screwdriver.

Kitoshi
Jul 5, 2013, 08:51 AM
Guessing it's a mode change for FI: Double movement speed at some cost, and the Crazy-things are modifiers related to adrenaline mode.

I'M SO PUMPED NOW!
#nopunintended
But if it's after pp slayer on the skill tree.....................

I can only give you internal data that my friend datamined for CrazyHeart but :
[SPOILER-BOX]CrazyHeart - skill_fighter-p_0011 - PpHealRate, PpAttackHealRate
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I am hyped about that, if it does what it indicates it will do.

Maybe Massive Hunter increase the damage dealt depending on monster size :P

Nah, massive hunter is something far far far far far more OP, but i don't have this verified so i am keeping it to myself for now :P.
But it has something to do with faster mate animations and/or high % heals from them, something along those lines is what you have to expect.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 08:54 AM
Huh, I've been advocating for cheaper PA's on JA for hunter because I didn't think they'd go for doing PP rate or PP-on-hit bonuses for multiple classes. If they do that then I am very pleased, although not so pleased that they're pigeonholing melee again. I guess this is to keep fighter useful as a sub, because without some major bonuses to PP it's pretty likely that nobody will care about it when braver comes out (unless they're REALLY attached to deadly archer).

The fighter stances are weak compared to fury stance, they have no other bonuses, and their weapons are depressingly limited - especially with katanas also being good at midair combat.

Kitoshi
Jul 5, 2013, 09:06 AM
Huh, I've been advocating for cheaper PA's on JA for hunter because I didn't think they'd go for doing PP rate or PP-on-hit bonuses for multiple classes. If they do that then I am very pleased, although not so pleased that they're pigeonholing melee again. I guess this is to keep fighter useful as a sub, because without some major bonuses to PP it's pretty likely that nobody will care about it when braver comes out (unless they're REALLY attached to deadly archer).

The fighter stances are weak compared to fury stance, they have no other bonuses, and their weapons are depressingly limited - especially with katanas also being good at midair combat.

My friend also found a few other tidbits for fighter, in example BraveStanceUp2.
Adrenaline for fighter is a bit weird cause it links to a techer skill..... which has me and my buddy totally puzzled as to what it will do.
There is also going to be a second level of Chase Advance.

As for hunter : JustGuardAdvance, JustGuardMaster, WarBrave, FuryGearBoost, StepAttackAdvance, FuryStanceUp3, GuardAbsorber, WarSpirit - PPRecoveryRate (PPrecovery rate is attached to WarSpirit only off course)

Then you got Massive hunter with the "ResistAll, SweetMate, ItemRecoveryEffectUP"

Sacrifice has the following internal data modifiers: Rate, Radius, NeverGiveUp

So there is some interesting stuff coming, will it be a magical HU/FI fix ? no, definitely not. But it will push them into certain roles a bit further, or atleast it will give hunter some more choices, useful choices at that.

And that is only a few of the newly added internal data strings, Gunner has some as well (OneMoreChain). Interesting tidbits atleast.

Braver skills i have no information on whatsoever because i am not interested in knowing them before launch, they do exist in the same detail as the other skills i pasted here.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 09:09 AM
Oh man, I really hope SweetMate is extra healing amount. Really, really badly. Hunter needs something like that. It also needs to shorten item use animations...

I'm also really glad to see those just guard skills. Maybe it's going to differentiate hunter's just guard from braver's just guard, and if you sub hunter you'll get the benefit of hunter's skills on katana.

I think this is my favorite part of the game. Just brainstorming bonuses and roles. Thanks for posting this stuff!

Z-0
Jul 5, 2013, 09:11 AM
There's no way all these skills are being added with Episode 2. Some might be, but most are gonna come in October, I would think.

Kitoshi
Jul 5, 2013, 09:12 AM
Oh man, I really hope SweetMate is extra healing amount. Really, really badly. Hunter needs something like that. It also needs to shorten item use animations...

I'm also really glad to see those just guard skills. Maybe it's going to differentiate hunter's just guard from braver's just guard, and if you sub hunter you'll get the benefit of hunter's skills on katana.

I think this is my favorite part of the game. Just brainstorming bonuses and roles. Thanks for posting this stuff!

Np at all, I personally <3 this theory crafting, brainstorming around what the skills can or will do myself.

If anything else interesting is found, i'll be sure to post it here.

Small note on the braver just guard, there is NO justguard skill for braver, at all.
It's like the dagger "justguard" it's inherent to the actual weapon.

There's no way all these skills are being added with Episode 2. Some might be, but most are gonna come in October, I would think.

No doubt about that, but it's good to know something is being done/skill trees get further expansion.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 5, 2013, 09:17 AM
I really hope EP2 will do what I wanted the game to do but time will have to tell. As much skeptical and refused to wanting Dewmans at first, the way sega brings them now instead of PSP2i makes me want to use them as well~

I'm pretty excited for it but not like OMGOMGMUSTGET like I was when I first heard of PSO2 at all.

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks for posting this stuff!
You're welcome. Cause I'm the one that's been feeding Kitoshi that info.

Dunno what other stuff got posted, but I've been trying to work out the stats for Braver as well. I'll probably need to write a struct to properly view them. Atm I believe that S/R/Tdef are all equal to eachother, and S/Ratk are equal. Satk (and thus Ratk) is SLIGHTLY lower than Hunter (last line shows this to be 'about 6 points' lower). HP seems to be on equal footing to fighter.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 09:24 AM
Np at all, I personally <3 this theory crafting, brainstorming around what the skills can or will do myself.

If anything else interesting is found, i'll be sure to post it here.

Small note on the braver just guard, there is NO justguard skill for braver, at all.
It's like the dagger "justguard" it's inherent to the actual weapon.
Hm, that's very interesting. Now I'm really interested to see how the new JG skills will interact with it. We already know autoguard on daggers, acro effect, etc. doesn't benefit at all from the current JG skills, but this may be different since it's so similar.

edit:
You're welcome. Cause I'm the one that's been feeding Kitoshi that info.

Dunno what other stuff got posted, but I've been trying to work out the stats for Braver as well. I'll probably need to write a struct to properly view them. Atm I believe that S/R/Tdef are all equal to eachother, and S/Ratk are equal. Satk (and thus Ratk) is SLIGHTLY lower than Hunter (last line shows this to be 'about 6 points' lower). HP seems to be on equal footing to fighter.
Then I'll post a second thanks directly to you, this stuff breathes life into the game for me and a number of people I know. That's also interesting about the def, I'd appreciate it if you could look into that to try to confirm it as best you can.

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 09:30 AM
I know VERY MUCH SO, that it's equal def, mate. The hex values are the same. =P The main issue is translating them to an actual number, so the best I can do -atm- is say 'its between this and that' on other classes.

I have about 180 ICE files left to go through. Atm waiting for Falz though, so I can boost Kitoshi's XP gain. XD Continue on after that.

Speaking of JustGuard, I found JustGuardAdvance and JustGuardMaster on Hunter. Dunno what they do though.

Zyrusticae
Jul 5, 2013, 09:37 AM
So it seems like Braver is quintessentially a "jack of all trades" class.

Makes me wonder what their second version could possibly be. Or if they'll even get second version to begin with.

If they did, I'd want them to get shotguns and slicers...

Speaking of JustGuard, I found JustGuardAdvance and JustGuardMaster on Hunter. Dunno what they do though.
Advance would likely just increase the (already huge) window for the actual guard effect. Have no idea about Master, though.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 09:38 AM
Ok, that works. Can you compare them to another class then? The braver in the stream was wearing vader units at 60/60, braver/hunter, with zero rdef on the mag, so something bizarre is going on with that def if it's all the same.

Dan Maku
Jul 5, 2013, 09:58 AM
I'm mainly excited for the minirooms, Vopal, the free character, and the Dewmans. Other than that, it'll likely be business as usual for me and my team.

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 10:25 AM
Ok, that works. Can you compare them to another class then? The braver in the stream was wearing vader units at 60/60, braver/hunter, with zero rdef on the mag, so something bizarre is going on with that def if it's all the same.
Quick look really, since I'm not done yet with the ICE files.

Braver at the final bracket that I find in the file (prolly 100, kinda too lazy to count them all) has 0x80994300 as its S/R/Tdef. Hunter is at 0x80994300 on lvl87 on TAtk. Would imply 314....

Which is grossly too low according to my estimates based on the stream...

Going by Gardios' skillcalculator, a 60 HUnewearl has 351 RDEF base (Newearl has 100% RDEF modifier). If a Braver/Hunter Dewm (97%) reaches 489 at the least, that would imply...

489 / 97 * 100 -> 504 Braver/Hunter on 100% RDEF.
20% of 351 -> 70.2. Makes that 504 - 70.2 = 434 base minimum on a 60 Braver.

Something's up, I'll get back to you when I figure it out... probably need to write a structure first, so I can actually, like, read. Unless of course this stuff is under another layer of encryption (first time looking at the files, more or less figuring stuff out as I go).

This gonna take a while. lol.

So it seems like Braver is quintessentially a "jack of all trades" class.
Braver doesn't really have anything 'force' related. If we assume that Braver is a 'hybrid' hunter/ranger, then it could pave the road for hunter/force and ranger/force combined into one as well.

I can't really say I find Braver a 'force' simply because of it having Gravity Point. Which according to the icon, along with the name, implies a Zondeel-like skill...

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 10:38 AM
We can possibly assume there's some rdef on the skilltree. Being split design, and with techer seeming to get sdef, they may be giving hybrid classes atk & def skills for both appropriate types.

So, I dunno, braver may have a typical rdef skill as a prerequisite for something vital on its tree. At 3 SP that would be 10 rdef, and at 5 SP that would be 18 rdef. It might also follow a different point curve entirely, maybe as high as the 10* mastery skills, so hell it might even be 30+ rdef. There's no way to tell really.

Kitoshi
Jul 5, 2013, 10:43 AM
We can possibly assume there's some rdef on the skilltree. Being split design, and with techer seeming to get sdef, they may be giving hybrid classes atk & def skills for both appropriate types.

So, I dunno, braver may have a typical rdef skill as a prerequisite for something vital on its tree. At 3 SP that would be 10 rdef, and at 5 SP that would be 18 rdef. It might also follow a different point curve entirely, maybe as high as the 10* mastery skills, so hell it might even be 30+ rdef. There's no way to tell really.

I believe, from what was found by Vandread so far, there was no Rdef up on the braver tree at this time.

I could remember it wrong, but ya.

Also some other skills I didn't mention earlier for Gunner :
[SPOILER-BOX]
GunnerZeroRangeCritical2
AerialAdvance2
TwinmachinegunGearPlus

And the interesting ones :
SRollArts - PpUse
ShowTimeStar - PpMax
SRollStar - PpRecoveryRate, AddGp (Gp is most likely gear related.)

And last but not least the "OneMoreChain", obviously related to chain trigger in some form.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 10:52 AM
There is no RDEF up on Braver, no. So any maths you do based on RDEF are fine, since the Vardha units had no affixes either iirc.

Skills Braver has: (spoilerworthy I guess, this is Agrajag's work)
[spoiler-box]BraverDexUp1, BraverDexUp2
BraverAtpStrikeUp1
BraverAtpFirearmUp1
Rare10Braver
BraverMag (note: who knows)
BraverStep, BraverStepAdvance, BraverStepAttack, BraverJustReversal, JustReversalBonus
SnatchStep
AverageStance, AverageStanceUp1, AverageStanceCritical, AverageChargeBonus
Combat, CombatJABonus1, CombatFinish
KatanaGear
WeakStance, WeakStanceUp1, WeakStanceCritical, WeakChargeBonus
ShortTime, ShortTimeUp1, ShortTimeBonus1[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 10:59 AM
/suggest advanced gears for melee for months
/gunner gets it

jesus fuck almighty sega are you following me and stealing every single thing I post for gun classes?

Now, BraverMag, that is interesting...

Gardios
Jul 5, 2013, 11:06 AM
According to the icon sheet posted on pso2-uploader, Techer (+Hunter?) will get a gear upgrade skill as well.

Also, lots of icons dealing with mags and latent abilities... huh.

Ezodagrom
Jul 5, 2013, 11:09 AM
Zenobia posted it in the screenshots topic, the class skills icons and such:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bTMCtcQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 11:21 AM
Now, BraverMag, that is interesting...

BraverMag - skill_braver-p_0006; StrikeMagDex, FirearmMagDex
Just from looking at several other skills, -p indicates its a passive. I'm thinking it converts a certain rate of your Strike and Ranged stats into Dex, or the other way around.

I'm keeping things under spoilers since I know some players might not want to know everything up front. Aside of that, this only turned into a Datamine thread post-fact.

Massive Hunter is an active btw, if people hadn't found the icon yet. It's the bulked up body on the sheet most likely. 3rd row from the bottom, next to Step.

This also shows the presence of other classes having similar skills to the BraverMag. Except look at the Ranger version, only showing a gun. Looking at the Hunter one it only shows a sword, etc. Braver shows a Sword and a Bullet (implying both). Also, those Mag skills for the other classes don't seem present yet in their usk's.

[edit]
Stat thingy isn't making much sense to me atm btw Gigawuts. Been playing around a bit, but the actual numbers present are up in the billions...
At first thought it might be related to them storing info differently. Maybe just wait for Agrajag's more detailed mining, he'll probably rip them out in no-time.
(Good chance for me to learn too, I guess - gives me an input : output comparison.)

Zenobia
Jul 5, 2013, 11:27 AM
Something is up I know for a fact that Duman is not able to equip Vardha units straight up off the bat with no R def on that mag its not even possible.

Judging from the info Coatl gave me makes it even less possible. I dunno they gave me the loop at first , but I still say that is impossible.

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 11:38 AM
Well the vita presents stream showed a 60 Duman Male Braver/Hunter being inspected by the only foreigner (Eric Nicholas or something? Dun recall precisely) and likely only real gamer, lol.

It showed him having Vardha units on with 0 affixes iirc. Later in the stream the Duman showed his equipped mag off as well, it had no RDEF on it.

Of course, it could just be lol-gamemaster powers or so, heh. IIRC it was the Vita producer(?) that played that character anyway.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that by this point too. They probably gave him good units they wouldn't need to bother affixing. The vader set offers some good defensive stats and plenty of base hp. It may have just been GM'd on.

Vandread
Jul 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
I did some more poking around; but it seems there's encryption on the part of the data that houses the actual class stats. Anything I thought I found out is pretty much up in the air now since I don't know how the encryption works. I'm not sure whether or not the same hexadecimal representation implies the same actual number for the stat... -.-'

I'm not really in cryptography either, so cracking this might be above my ability.

BIG OLAF
Jul 6, 2013, 12:27 PM
Here's a (rhetorical) question-

Why are they not expanding accessory slots on characters? Goddamn it. I think we should get five instead of three. Not too much to ask, I don't think. I figured they would have done something like that for Episode 2.

lostinseganet
Jul 6, 2013, 12:56 PM
They have mags and partner machines. All i need is mags that digievolve into partner machines and combine with newmans and I will be super hyped!

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2013, 01:45 PM
Wait there was a stream with braver gameplay? >_>;;

I wanna see braver's step moves. D:

jooozek
Jul 6, 2013, 02:30 PM
i think there was but they played it on vitas and all 4 were show on the stream like splitscreen so you might no see shit at all if you even find that stream

angrysquid
Jul 8, 2013, 02:09 PM
What weapons would you like to see a comeback once Bow n Katana are released? Personally I'd like this bow here..
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-37-origin.fc2.com/p/u/r/purplecrystalpsu/psu20120217_071014_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

HIT0SHI
Jul 8, 2013, 04:25 PM
What weapons would you like to see a comeback once Bow n Katana are released? Personally I'd like this bow here..
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-37-origin.fc2.com/p/u/r/purplecrystalpsu/psu20120217_071014_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hirokteri (though its already coming from the vita package i think)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://psupedia.info/images/5/53/Hikoteri.PNG.html[/SPOILER-BOX]
Southern Cross (personal favorite)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://psupedia.info/images/1/1e/Southern_Cross.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Izanagi
[SPOILER-BOX]http://psupedia.info/images/b/b2/Izanagi.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Tiller Look
[SPOILER-BOX]http://psupedia.info/images/9/9b/Tiller_Look.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2013, 05:05 PM
I'd like to see unused saber models like the Creasabra see use as katanas, though I don't know how likely it is for them to make a pure-energy katana model...
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3058/9644-m.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That being said, Sange & Yasha are both guaranteed to show up, so I'm lookin' forward to those:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/2887/8981-m.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/3036/9899-m.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2013, 06:18 PM
They really could just make classic sabers and have the sheathe part invisible but have the blade pop up...

Not fully sure how dumb that'd look though.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm expecting a Saber Legacy, either with an actual shield, or no visible shield but one of the deflection graphics you'd see when evading/blocking in PSO1. When sheathed the weapon would just be the hilt, like elysion or double saber legacy.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 8, 2013, 10:02 PM
They really could just make classic sabers and have the sheathe part invisible but have the blade pop up...

Not fully sure how dumb that'd look though.

if they did it right, I'd imagine it'd look a little like initial attacks in Star Wars force unleashed, but this is SEGAC so they probably will have someone's 4 yr old do the mocap with a softball bat+^_^+

AlaskanKactus
Jul 8, 2013, 11:29 PM
I'm a man with simple pleasures.

I get a new world to run through and kill stuff? Awesome.

I get a sidekick on my new adventures? Sweet.

I get to give my new character heterochromia? Fantastic.

Oh and Ayana Taketatsu is the VA for the Female Dewman. Awesome ^_^

Rosel
Jul 9, 2013, 02:04 AM
Not hyped at all. Looks seriously underwhelming.

They're only calling it "Episode II" as yet another throwback/nostalgia-bait. The junk they're giving isn't even remotely worthy of being called a second episode/expansion.

The new "race" is just a human with slightly different stats, lets not kid ourselves.
New areas are going to be released over a period of multiple patches over the year (so kind of like, business as usual? How is that episode 2?) Edit: Wait, it's just one new area? lol

MORE DRAGON ENEMIES

tl;dr screw it. The katana will need to be seriously ridiculously awesome and fun to even make me CONSIDER reinstalling this game again.

It's honestly just a normal update. comes down to a new area with trash mobs that we'll be bored sick of in less than an hour because there's no challenge. How is that episode 2?

Rien
Jul 9, 2013, 02:09 AM
My expectation is for SEGA to kill all expectations.

Edit:
Here's a (rhetorical) question-

Why are they not expanding accessory slots on characters? Goddamn it. I think we should get five instead of three. Not too much to ask, I don't think. I figured they would have done something like that for Episode 2.

They don't want you wearing five hats at once.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2013, 05:36 AM
Not hyped at all. Looks seriously underwhelming.

They're only calling it "Episode II" as yet another throwback/nostalgia-bait. The junk they're giving isn't even remotely worthy of being called a second episode/expansion.

The new "race" is just a human with slightly different stats, lets not kid ourselves.
New areas are going to be released over a period of multiple patches over the year (so kind of like, business as usual? How is that episode 2?) Edit: Wait, it's just one new area? lol

MORE DRAGON ENEMIES

tl;dr screw it. The katana will need to be seriously ridiculously awesome and fun to even make me CONSIDER reinstalling this game again.

It's honestly just a normal update. comes down to a new area with trash mobs that we'll be bored sick of in less than an hour because there's no challenge. How is that episode 2?
"Episode 2" seems more like it's just marking a milestone for PSO2 rather than being an actual expansion. In the roadmap Episode 2 is also divided into 3 large updates, launch day update, super hard mode update in October, and the 12 player quest/item customization update in December.

And yes, new areas are going to be released over a period of multiple patches over the year, but they'll arrive at a faster pace than they did during the 1st half of the year (July, September, November, one new area every 2 months).
Also, unless you're considering the beach serpent boss thing a dragon, from what was found through datamining, none of the new areas are from Amduscia (the planet of dragons). If anything expect more robots eventually.

Syklo
Jul 9, 2013, 05:50 AM
What really hypes me up about episode 2?
the way the announcer says it.
「もちろん、メインストーリもエプッソード・ツへ」
(Of course, also main story to EEEEE-PSOO-DO-TSU-eh!)