PDA

View Full Version : Power leveling with person higher level?

vegeta18
Jul 3, 2013, 08:02 PM
I have a friend who is level 49, he lives in japan and is a very good player. Is it possible for him to help me (lvl 2) level up really fast? what is the best way to do so?

riku2replica
Jul 3, 2013, 08:08 PM
No, u'll get experience penalized. For Level 2 to level 9 is quick if u goes for Volcano Emergency.

Gardios
Jul 3, 2013, 08:17 PM
Ooooooor he can play normally and familiarize himself with the game and its mechanics. Getting to 10 the "normal" way doesn't even take that long anyway.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 09:43 PM
He can totally obliterate the low level mobs for you to complete all your COs and unlock each area in turn. Not really all that much faster, and he gets next to nothing out of it for himself.

Anything other than that won't give you much experience due to the EXP penalty, plus all the areas are level-locked anyway so you can't really gain access to anything better than the missions the game wants you to do.

Syklo
Jul 3, 2013, 10:46 PM
That's a really boring and stupid way to play as a beginner, IMO. On top of that, you'd be wasting their time because the overall benefit is...negligible.
And getting to 9 is really easy....heck, koffie helped my ship2 char go from 5>9 in one click.

oratank
Jul 3, 2013, 10:57 PM
run all coffe co in normal or hard if u can u will be about lv30
just remember do not fight monster that has lv gap more or less than 4 u will get less exp
don't forget to get your npc partner fill your party

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 12:04 AM
You CAN get him to help you, but in all honesty the low level content is actually some of the most fun these days. Just play regularly - you'll regret having burned through the only paced content in the game when you've arrived at the finish line. There's essentially zero real endgame content, so the early game is where you'll have the most fun.

ashley50
Jul 4, 2013, 12:11 AM
Play the game normally.

Du1337
Jul 4, 2013, 12:53 AM
CO's man. CO's.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 4, 2013, 06:10 AM
He can totally obliterate the low level mobs for you to complete all your COs and unlock each area in turn. Not really all that much faster, and he gets next to nothing out of it for himself.

Anything other than that won't give you much experience due to the EXP penalty, plus all the areas are level-locked anyway so you can't really gain access to anything better than the missions the game wants you to do.

Yes it is charity for the higher leveled player, but I was in another game where my max level friends would tell me to stand back while they do all the work to help me loot and gain levels =) That is what these games are about, friends helping friends =)

Ezodagrom
Jul 4, 2013, 06:28 AM
You CAN get him to help you, but in all honesty the low level content is actually some of the most fun these days. Just play regularly - you'll regret having burned through the only paced content in the game when you've arrived at the finish line. There's essentially zero real endgame content, so the early game is where you'll have the most fun.
Aren't AQs pretty much end-game content? It's not much, but it's not zero either.

gravityvx
Jul 4, 2013, 06:43 AM
PSO2 has no endgame, just different modes. As for AQ, is far more of a really good leveling area than anything else.

Syklo
Jul 4, 2013, 07:18 AM
For me,

Dudu is endgame.
Treasure hunter ftw~

Achelousaurus
Jul 4, 2013, 10:20 AM
Well, if you choose the quets well you can lvl up super fast.
For example just join Falz quests or in general emergency quests give good exp and items.
Since you do not need to hit enemies to get exp and there is no exp penalty for not dealing the killing blow (liek it was in the old PSO) you can actually just sit back and doge all the time, reaping massive exp and great items.
I went to lvl 10 in one day with items that were great until lvl 15 from a Falz run and some other emergency quests with a friend.

Soon enough the exp won't be that much anymore and you will have to do a LOT of client orders anyway to unlock gameplay elements (like MAGs, nlocking new areas / difficulties/ etc.) so that you might as well play with a friend and lvl up quick.

TaigaUC
Jul 4, 2013, 01:00 PM
I used my Forces to walk my low level alts through City Emergency Quest bursts. Worked well.

Jei182
Jul 4, 2013, 01:16 PM
I find that I'm getting a lot of exp (and meseta for cool outfits/saving) doing the special limited quests. Especially with the exp boost items applied. I've actually unlocked Hard mode and have gotten more exp and money from doing the normal 1st anniversary dailies.

DreXxiN
Jul 4, 2013, 04:48 PM
Yes it is charity for the higher leveled player, but I was in another game where my max level friends would tell me to stand back while they do all the work to help me loot and gain levels =) That is what these games are about, friends helping friends =)

That's not friends helping friends, though. That's called "leeching" and "getting carried", especially if you don't return the favor. "Friendship" is a two-way benefit.

Achelousaurus
Jul 5, 2013, 08:54 AM
That's not friends helping friends, though. That's called "leeching" and "getting carried", especially if you don't return the favor. "Friendship" is a two-way benefit.
Wat?
His friends helped him, where the **** is the problem with that?
And leeching used to be an issue in old PSO when you had your common ttf runs of 3 newbs relying ona signle higher lvl player to do all the work.

In PSO2 you have multi parties which usually means 10-20 higher lvl players killing the boss either way and not even noticing if a few low lvl characters join as well.
not to mention that drops are different for everyone, so there is no problem whatsoever.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 5, 2013, 10:22 AM
Wat?
His friends helped him, where the **** is the problem with that?
And leeching used to be an issue in old PSO when you had your common ttf runs of 3 newbs relying ona signle higher lvl player to do all the work.

In PSO2 you have multi parties which usually means 10-20 higher lvl players killing the boss either way and not even noticing if a few low lvl characters join as well.
not to mention that drops are different for everyone, so there is no problem whatsoever.

It can be seen as mooching in some cases, but then I do battlegrounds and get epic gear. Then I help my friends, who don't do hardmodes, with normal dungeons and everyone is wearing blues. Despite being a rogue then I made the top DPS (rogue is weak for questing because the devs wanted it to be a PK class, but I haven't played for awhile don't even have Mist of Pandara), but mostly because of the gear. Just have to stick behind the boss. In that case was more of an investment since I helped them back after gearing.

Shinmarizu
Jul 5, 2013, 10:35 AM
It's mooching if people see this as a chore, charity if it's a favor. Returning the favor (or not) is up to the parties involved.

It's the interacting with friends in a semi-social context, in the hopes that people will get more out of this game and continue to play / hang out with one another. No one wants to solo this game all the time, right?

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 5, 2013, 10:41 AM
I've helped out people I've gotten into the game to where they want to be, and I've always been a higher level character than each individual. I've considered it my "responsibility" to help them get to where they need, and regardless of whatever you want to call it I'm just happy to help out.

It's what friends and family do for each other.

Edit: Also, I am not playing the game for them. I switched from a 60 HU to a level 9 FO (lol) in order to kill by their side fairly.

ShinMaruku
Jul 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
Leveling to 40 is piss easy even solo. You can get from 1 to 20 within maybe 1.5 hours but that's with unlocked cos. Just play normally and learn the game. Because the fun in the end game will be you trying to gear and game the system to break it.