PDA

View Full Version : One Year Later: How much AC have you bought?

Xaeris
Jul 3, 2013, 09:30 PM
It's been a year since Sega started printing money so I figured now was as good a time as any to get a ballpark idea how much AC we've bought from them. I had no idea how to best dilineate the responses, so I may run a second poll if one option ends up being lopsided, to get a more precise spread. I'm hardly running a scientific poll here, so no need to give an exact answer, but if you want to, you can look at your Purchase History in the game menu. It may surprise you.

Edit: Also, I realize that Sega's decision to make PSO2 a Free to Play game with a cash shop is a decision that stokes strong passions one way or the other in many of us. Completely understandable. But I'd like to ask everyone to keep the conversation focused on our own personal spending habits and the like, rather than use this thread as a soapbox to talk about the merits and failings of F2P systems in general.

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2013, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately, I have no idea exactly how much I've charged for AC and the purchase history is useless for this (it only goes back so far).

I just gave my best ballpark estimate - though it's worth noting that they've returned a lot of money as well...

OppaiMaya
Jul 3, 2013, 09:38 PM
Been playing since the closed beta test.

Around 100 dollars worth of AC for me so far.

Xaeris
Jul 3, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mine goes back to my first purchase, and my list is pretty long. What's the date on the earliest entry?

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2013, 09:46 PM
Between 5k-10k.

Probably gonna give them more to get more mags for Dewman along with some carry space on her.

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 09:46 PM
I did it once, while foreign cards were accepted, and I bought a mag and a skill tree since mine were irreparably ruined by that point. Still have the extra 200 AC left over. And never got free premium days neither :<

Zyrusticae
Jul 3, 2013, 09:50 PM
Oh, nevermind, it just felt like all the repeated 500 entries made the list shorter or something.

Adding everything up was a major pain in the ass, though. And I am horribly embarrassed to tell you how much I have spent on this game.

I have spent the equivalent of 41200 AC.

What the fuck. I have spent over four hundred dollars on one game? In one year?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Edit: Though to be fair, SEGA refunded like 200 DOLLARS when they closed off foreign credit card transactions, so I've only really spent around $200 on the game. Phew!
(Still embarrassing as fuck)

Xaeris
Jul 3, 2013, 09:52 PM
Well, like you said, some of that got refunded!

supersonix9
Jul 3, 2013, 09:52 PM
4000. Not too bad.

Still buying the Episode 2 Premium Package and another 2000 AC within this month though.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 3, 2013, 09:54 PM
like 4K AC back when AmEx worked, did not get refund when they blocked them, another 3K from that jpwm site+^_^+

gravityvx
Jul 3, 2013, 10:00 PM
4000ac total 2k was bought with cc way back when it first came out so saved a bit there, but still way too much for the fact that I basically do TA or a couple AQs and log off whenever I play the last 6-7 months. But since I got 3 shop passes last week(adding to a total of 4 on hand), they won't be getting money from me for a looooooong time.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2013, 10:08 PM
I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'd say somewhere in the 20-25k mark.

LordShade
Jul 3, 2013, 10:24 PM
20-25k mark, around there

Mekhana
Jul 3, 2013, 11:17 PM
Around 20k mostly for premium.

Alisha
Jul 3, 2013, 11:53 PM
i dont know the exact amount but i've bought 10,000 AC 3 times so probally in the neighborhood of 40,000 AC

Vintasticvin
Jul 4, 2013, 12:25 AM
I have no idea but thanks for the concert sega I really liked it alot <3 Now to get my cake and icecream :D

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2013, 02:01 AM
Ionno how much but I go over that 30k easily lol. Might have already bought 100k AC if not more since I always buy in stacks of over 10k a time.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 4, 2013, 02:05 AM
Not really keeping score either, but I think I've gone over the 30k mark already by now. More if you count the boxed packages I've bought.

doomdragon83
Jul 4, 2013, 06:52 AM
I probably spent more than I should have for AC scratch but I had enough sense to get Premium and Item expansions. I'll take a guess and say I've hit the 40k mark, going to be more than that with the release of Episode 2 and my Premium expiring at the end of this month. I also plan on getting the new Premium package and I'll upgrade my video card (still trying to figure out which one I want)

Meji
Jul 4, 2013, 06:55 AM
*Clicks the >30000 option*

;_;

Scrub
Jul 4, 2013, 06:55 AM
Every time I decide to maybe try getting some, it takes so long for me to go through the bullshit required to buy it that I rethink my decision about the time I get halfway through and haven't ever gotten any.

Ezodagrom
Jul 4, 2013, 07:31 AM
18000 AC so far.

Dan Maku
Jul 4, 2013, 07:33 AM
I only bought $10 worth, to get a shop ticket so I could clean out the clutter in my inventory (I couldn't get a shop ticket from the FUN scratch to save my bleeding life).

Ce'Nedra
Jul 4, 2013, 07:56 AM
I wonder how far back my purchase history goes. I should check and count it up.

final_attack
Jul 4, 2013, 08:06 AM
only 500yen . . . . bought when foreign credit cards were accepted :/ Once it's not accepting any foreign credit cards, I stopped buying AC :/

Would love to get premium set at least once though.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 08:08 AM
Are we counting the AC we were never actually charged for? :clown:

I know we probably are but I'm smug as hell about that

Meji
Jul 4, 2013, 08:12 AM
Are we counting the AC we were never actually charged for? :clown:

Those were the days. I think I "bought" about 15k AC back then.

GreenArcher
Jul 4, 2013, 09:51 AM
Think I'm at about 8000 AC, 1000 of which was free back in the day :wacko:

Dnd
Jul 4, 2013, 09:55 AM
~20k at a best guess, mostly having premium every month, buying afew skill-trees/mags and the odd scratch now and again

BlankM
Jul 4, 2013, 10:02 AM
Haven't been playing for very long. 4K AC most of it on constant premium.

Gardios
Jul 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
1K + 3K from the SA contest + VITA Special Package, so in total... I don't know where that'd put me.

CyberNei
Jul 4, 2013, 10:25 AM
24k o.o

P.S: For those that don't know: you can look your purchase history if you log in ur account on billing site..

Jei182
Jul 4, 2013, 01:05 PM
None. Haven't been playing as long and I really want to, the current problem is I don't think I'd be able to stop. I also don't particularly want to go through all of the hoops for it. Maybe when I have some extra money I might, but as for now I'll settle for what I can get through other means.

Aeris
Jul 4, 2013, 01:44 PM
6k AC i bought with my money + 1k AC from a in team contest, really not buying anymore AC for a while now since i got to focus on getting a new computer.

o0Kais0o
Jul 4, 2013, 01:50 PM
Just under 40k ;-;

AzureBlaze
Jul 4, 2013, 03:11 PM
None.
Not that I am totally unable to buy it, but that the process is too much of a hassle and it doesn't feel worth it. I'm also afraid I'll just up and lose the money because of all the shady dealings you have to do to get it. Buy thru some card company that charges a fee, make a fake address to trick people, wait on your mystery code after bypassing zillions of screens you can't read, having to do a guide thru all steps just to buy, blah blah.

I swore up and down at the start that I wouldn't buy any AC till WorldVersion.
I HAVE the money. I WANT to support the game. But I want to support the world version, not give my money to these guys and say "oh hey yea I totally don't mind you're not even doing anything with this game so I can understand it without help from fans...here continue mistreating me while I hand you my wallet..........." It's a very vengeful line of thinking and I don't know if it's right but its how they make me feel.

But now, I kind of don't know.
I WANT to buy it, but it's SUCH a hassle. Yeah there's a guide. There shouldn't have to be a PAGES LONG GUIDE to help me spend money on something. The only thing I'd get is another character slot and the inventory expansion widget. I still refuse to pay anything w/recurring bills that needs to be reupped like rooms/premiums/shops etc.

Neith
Jul 4, 2013, 03:49 PM
Maybe 15k over the last year, but I had a long stint of about 4-5 months where I didn't buy any. Even now it's rare I buy it so most of the 15k was within the first few months of the game. I just feed my car the money instead now :lol:

Alisha
Jul 4, 2013, 04:09 PM
None.
Not that I am totally unable to buy it, but that the process is too much of a hassle and it doesn't feel worth it. I'm also afraid I'll just up and lose the money because of all the shady dealings you have to do to get it. Buy thru some card company that charges a fee, make a fake address to trick people, wait on your mystery code after bypassing zillions of screens you can't read, having to do a guide thru all steps just to buy, blah blah.

I swore up and down at the start that I wouldn't buy any AC till WorldVersion.
I HAVE the money. I WANT to support the game. But I want to support the world version, not give my money to these guys and say "oh hey yea I totally don't mind you're not even doing anything with this game so I can understand it without help from fans...here continue mistreating me while I hand you my wallet..........." It's a very vengeful line of thinking and I don't know if it's right but its how they make me feel.

But now, I kind of don't know.
I WANT to buy it, but it's SUCH a hassle. Yeah there's a guide. There shouldn't have to be a PAGES LONG GUIDE to help me spend money on something. The only thing I'd get is another character slot and the inventory expansion widget. I still refuse to pay anything w/recurring bills that needs to be reupped like rooms/premiums/shops etc.

100 inventory slots alone is worth the hassle.