PDA

View Full Version : adding abilities 100%

fay
Jul 4, 2013, 01:47 PM
I searched the forums about this, and while I did find results, none of them we're a straight forward this is how you do it. I've never really tried to add abilities properly so I have no idea what I'm doing here. Just got a rough idea.

Currently my situation is my weapon with x/x/soul
fodder one - ability 3/tech 3/x
fodder two - soul/x/x

I've been wanting to get fodder one to have the soul in place of "x", but having the ability transfer at only 10% is just making it impossible. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Also, if it's only going at 10% then surely having two ability 3 and a 20% boost will not be 100% transfer rate?

Dextro
Jul 4, 2013, 02:06 PM
I searched the forums about this, and while I did find results, none of them we're a straight forward this is how you do it. I've never really tried to add abilities properly so I have no idea what I'm doing here. Just got a rough idea.

Currently my situation is my weapon with x/x/soul
fodder one - ability 3/tech 3/x
fodder two - soul/x/x

I've been wanting to get fodder one to have the soul in place of "x", but having the ability transfer at only 10% is just making it impossible. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Also, if it's only going at 10% then surely having two ability 3 and a 20% boost will not be 100% transfer rate?

You don't transfer Ability III, it's rate is horrible.

You create Ability III with a 60% base chance by having Power III/ShootIII/TechniqueIII in the affix pool (I think Mind/Body/React works too, but that's unconventional).

- Having the same Soul present on all 3 Materials (Base/Fodder1/Fodder2) results in an 80% transfer rate.
- Having the same Attack III on 2 of the Materials results in an 80% base transfer rate also.
The remaining % is covered by using booster items.

There are also some tricks you can use, such as certain Souls boosting the transfer properties of other affixes:
Mizer Soul boosts the success rate of Shoot III by 20% for example, which means if you're using Mizer Souls, you only need Shoot III present ONCE instead of TWICE for it to have an 80% transfer rate.

That's pretty much the basics of it.
From what you've got, it looks like you're going for Soul/Tech3/Ability3
So try this:
Main Weapon: [Soul/Technique III/---]
Fodder1: [Soul/Technique III/---]
Fodder2: [Soul/Power III/Shoot III]
+20% Booster

Result: Soul 100% / Technique III 100% / Ability III 80%

fay
Jul 4, 2013, 02:36 PM
Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

UnLucky
Jul 4, 2013, 03:06 PM
If you want to just do Soul/Stat3/Boost then you can set it up like this:

Main: Soul/xx/xx
Fodder: Soul/Stat3/xx
Fodder: Soul/Stat3/xx

And use a +20% and a HP or PP ticket to bring everything to 100%.

Khorin
Jul 5, 2013, 05:25 AM
Would the same trend need to be followed if I want Vol Soul, Power III and Stamina III?

Meji
Jul 5, 2013, 05:30 AM
Would the same trend need to be followed if I want Vol Soul, Power III and Stamina III?
Of course. First make the item 3-slots and add Vol Soul to it.
Once that is done, use two fodders with Vol Soul, Power III and Stamina III, together with a 20% booster, and all 3 will go up to 100% success rate.

In this scenario, I highly recommend using the HP Boost item instead of Stamina III though. Difference between Stamina Boost (45HP) and Stamina III (50HP) is so minimal either way.

Khorin
Jul 5, 2013, 05:36 AM
Does the Arma abilities (the ones from Extreme) follow the same trend as Souls