PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Asian Releases for 2014

Mike
Jul 5, 2013, 01:27 AM
More info on the Asian versions of PSO2 from a press release quoted by Dengeki (http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/667/667213/) today. PSO2 is scheduled to begin operations in several Asian countries in 2014.

Gamania will be running the game in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao while Asiasoft will be running it in Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, The Philippines, and Indonesia. The various versions will have additional items and events based on the countries they are run in and certain character voices will also be recorded in to the local language.

No mention of any more news on western releases or any possible IP blocking though.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 5, 2013, 01:29 AM
+^_^+ well, at least now we know SEGAC is doing something+^_^+

DjDragoon
Jul 5, 2013, 01:30 AM
Why are they waiting so long. I was done waiting for NA release after a no show at e3

strikerhunter
Jul 5, 2013, 01:31 AM
Can't say that I am surprise because this isn't really new news for me. (literally it isn't, it was mentioned bout a month ago that PSO2 was heading for southeast Asia I believe so).

But hey at least we know they are doing something: "Not working on the NA/EU release first."

Mike
Jul 5, 2013, 01:50 AM
Can't say that I am surprise because this isn't really new news for me. (literally it isn't, it was mentioned bout a month ago that PSO2 was heading for southeast Asia I believe so).
That PSO2 was coming out in Asia is old info. I hadn't heard about Gamania before though. The date is something that was lacking from previous conversations about the Asian releases.

Rien
Jul 5, 2013, 01:59 AM
>Gamania >Asiasoft

The worst companies ever.

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2013, 02:06 AM
Never gonna switch server~
Seriously, Asiasoft is the worst....

strikerhunter
Jul 5, 2013, 02:38 AM
That PSO2 was coming out in Asia is old info. I hadn't heard about Gamania before though. The date is something that was lacking from previous conversations about the Asian releases.

True but the date was very predictable though. (unlike the western version)

Noc Codez
Jul 5, 2013, 02:40 AM
Hilarious is all I can say

Xaelouse
Jul 5, 2013, 02:42 AM
this is a cruel joke

yoshiblue
Jul 5, 2013, 03:16 AM
At least I know I can play PSO2 using my HK account.

Macman
Jul 5, 2013, 05:18 AM
Nobody's gonna play these.
Sega waited too long and now people are too deeply rooted in the JP server, or pretty much gave up on the game.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 5, 2013, 05:50 AM
@Macman: Rather, they'll be able to get new casual players, but the more dedicated JP server players like me aren't planning to switch at all. If they IP block, I'll use a VPN or just quit entirely.

Dan Maku
Jul 5, 2013, 07:03 AM
Maybe this will help reduce the number of Chinese RMT'ers in the good version of PSO2.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2013, 07:07 AM
It's going to be weird, though. Not having the same events/items/whatever? It won't even feel like the same game if, for example, one of us were to go try and play it.

But, if/when the US/EU version comes out, they'll do the same thing. They won't be able to give the same events (Border Break collab, for example), or give us some of the same items/outfits (like the Shining Girls collab, let's say) anyway. The games will all feel completely different.

Dan Maku
Jul 5, 2013, 07:15 AM
In which case, Imma thinking I'll stick with the JP version. I'm too invested in it as is.

Zenobia
Jul 5, 2013, 07:16 AM
It's going to be weird, though. Not having the same events/items/whatever? It won't even feel like the same game if, for example, one of us were to go try and play it.

But, if/when the US/EU version comes out, they'll do the same thing. They won't be able to give the same events (Border Break collab, for example), or give us some of the same items/outfits (like the Shining Girls collab, let's say) anyway. The games will all feel completely different.

Not just that EX Voices certain items codes all that jazz

SakuRei
Jul 5, 2013, 07:19 AM
More info on the Asian versions of PSO2 from a press release quoted by Dengeki (http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/667/667213/) today. PSO2 is scheduled to begin operations in several Asian countries in 2014.

Gamania will be running the game in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao while Asiasoft will be running it in Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, The Philippines, and Indonesia. The various versions will have additional items and events based on the countries they are run in and certain character voices will also be recorded in to the local language.

No mention of any more news on western releases or any possible IP blocking though.

Nooooooerp~ Screw that... Screw the f*kin that. I'll stay in PSO2 Japan... No way in freaking hell... :-x

Man... Here comes those show offs of my race... (not to mention some part of singapore players as well) *flip table*

HIT0SHI
Jul 5, 2013, 07:28 AM
Singapore? Do explain.

SakuRei
Jul 5, 2013, 07:31 AM
Singapore? Do explain.

Most Philippine and Singaporean players in-general are known to be the most arrogant players through online gaming. If you ever step through any SEA region gaming. you will know what I mean..

HIT0SHI
Jul 5, 2013, 07:36 AM
Most Philippine and Singaporean players in-general are known to be the most arrogant players through online gaming. If you ever step through any SEA region gaming. you will know what I mean..

Is it really that bad? That sounds terrible... D:

Zenobia
Jul 5, 2013, 07:40 AM

It can be ever played Dragonnest SEA or Cabal SEA? There are ton of em.

Mike
Jul 5, 2013, 07:44 AM

That's not to say that all of the events will be different but there will be lobby decorations based on local holidays and the like in addition to the more generic and internationally friendly events already in the game.

The press release calls this "attracting more money users" and is essentially the same line towed by Sakai in the 4gamer interview with a smattering of non-Japan server info half a year ago. It makes no mention of anything about the importation of overseas content like Sakai did in that interview though so it's quite possible that has been cut.

SakuRei
Jul 5, 2013, 07:44 AM

Trust me... you will see a lot of nonsense trash talking people in-game, people will just laugh at you when you don't know what to do or if you are a newbie in-game, SEA is also the region of overdosed in PvP obsessed people. I'm a part of the SEA region (Philippines to be exact) and yes, if you ask help among these people they will just say "Go train instead, you weak noob sh*t" etc. etc. :(

-IMO it's much more comfortable for me to socialize with western people than my own region. Nowadays you won't see much asians (SEA) to be quite nice in-game... :(

It can be ever played Dragonnest SEA or Cabal SEA? There are ton of em.

Absolutely and positively correct, even in SD Gundam Online SEA, Grand Chase, RF Online, Ragnarok, etc. etc. even their forums as well (naming cherrycredits forums on this one) as long as there are SEA players expect 1% of the SEA population to be nice and hospitable, 99% of SEA players are mostly arrogant and selfish in-game...

Gardios
Jul 5, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hm, no mention of Korean and Chinese servers...?

HIT0SHI
Jul 5, 2013, 07:53 AM
Trust me... you will see a lot of nonsense trash talking people in-game, people will just laugh at you when you don't know what to do or if you are a newbie in-game, SEA is also the region of overdosed in PvP obsessed people. I'm a part of the SEA region (Philippines to be exact) and yes, if you ask help among these people they will just say "Go train instead, you weak noob sh*t" etc. etc. :(

-IMO it's much more comfortable for me to socialize with western people than my own region. Nowadays you won't see much asians (SEA) to be quite nice in-game... :(

Absolutely and positively correct, even in SD Gundam Online SEA, Grand Chase, RF Online, Ragnarok, etc. etc. even their forums as well (naming cherrycredits forums on this one) as long as there are SEA players expect 1% of the SEA population to be nice and hospitable, 99% of SEA players are mostly arrogant and selfish in-game...

http://blog.ascentis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The_More_You_Know.jpg
Well now I know where NOT to visit.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 07:58 AM
Huh, guess they weren't kidding about the delay.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 5, 2013, 08:10 AM
Why not Chinesegamer to host instead? Taiwan makes the best of everything: bikes, motherboards, computer cases, graphic cards, etc.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 5, 2013, 08:13 AM

It depends. Wonderland Online had a lot of SEA players and most were nice, but after resellers flooded the servers (buying things then reselling for almost max carrying capacity gold) and reports of hacking it wasn't the same again. The game had all kinds of people, Europeans, Americans, (a lot of) SEA, and even a few Japanese. This was even on the American servers held by IGG.