PDA

View Full Version : PSU private server development

Nameh
Jul 6, 2013, 12:52 PM
"Chill out. EGS development should resume in 2-3 months. I'm just waiting for a feature I need." -essen
Essen from psumods says it should continue in 2 to 3 months.

disaster.report
Jul 6, 2013, 04:00 PM
Oh my god :D

I thought it would never continue because of PSO2

Rekku
Jul 6, 2013, 04:47 PM
I think I might buy the PC version, if this is true...

It will all work on Windows 7, I assume? Do you have a link by the way?

Aeris
Jul 6, 2013, 08:12 PM
I thought talking about private servers shouldn't be talked about there?

Lostbob117
Jul 6, 2013, 09:49 PM
Oh my god :D

I thought it would never continue because of PSO2

essen doesn't play pso2.

disaster.report
Jul 6, 2013, 11:20 PM
essen doesn't play pso2.

I never said he did. :-? I just thought because PSO2 was released, he would see no point in making the private server because everyone would be moving to PSO2.

Lostbob117
Jul 7, 2013, 02:30 AM
I never said he did. :-? I just thought because PSO2 was released, he would see no point in making the private server because everyone would be moving to PSO2.

Well if you think about it, plenty of people like psu still. Also, there are still many people who want to play psu online. I mean look at the offline psu, A lot of people want that.

Noblewine
Jul 7, 2013, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

^ What this person said.

Zelda01
Jul 7, 2013, 11:31 PM
I hate to disappoint you guys but I made a topic about psu private server from his forum for long time AND by the way Im Yuyustar I was the that made the topic called *we need psu private server up again* Essen & Agrajag it made clear with own words and said :

Essen: I implemented everything I knew onto the server. And that didn't get us far, didn't it. The server had inventories, NPCs, accounts (in-memory), zones, quests, custom scripts and areas, seasons, partial lobbies, partial counters and partial missions, parties were half working, etc. I delivered a lot, but of course that doesn't show much because something that "looks like working" (even though it was just hardcoded to get something up) and something that "actually works" are pretty much indistinguishable for someone testing the server.

But not even half the work required was done. And the most crucial part, understanding hits, was never done. I became busy before I could take it on and nobody tried to step up and do the work for it. It *is* likely the hardest part, considering what I learn from it, but still, nobody seemed to care.

Also, we discussed future plans between ourselves based on what we knew. That people got expectations from it is their problem, plans are plans, they're made to give a roadmap and may eventually change. And they did change everytime we found something wasn't possible, although they didn't change that much. The plans were discussed between ourselves long before we started to think they could be applied to a PSU server. We didn't go too far away. We were already there.

Between the end of nyuzero's server and me more or less stopping there's been a year of hard work that you seem to forget, which brought things insanely great like allowing us to build zones and quests, scripting and everything! I know this makes no difference to you who only tested it, but know that this was a *required* step for the server to work properly, something that you couldn't just hack and move on. It was also a *very long* work and it took Agrajag and me months to understand the general format of the things (excluding a few oddities that we ignored for now). Most bytecodes for the scripts are known thanks to this hard work, and yes we *need* to know what the script does to make the server work too.

So all this is overly complicated and is partly what triggers the "better to write from scratch" sentiment. But regardless, despite the project being on hold, if someone ever manages to understand how hit packets work, we might end up with a working server eventually. But this particular task is insanely hard because so far we don't know most values (most don't seem too important as they're mostly floats, but I suppose you need them to check "From behind!"), and two values we know are namely AttackType and AttackFlags and there's hundreds if not thousands of attack types. And we don't have a list of them. So we can't know what happened, and we can't calculate damage, making everything else pointless. Once *again*, the problem isn't that it's in Erlang, but that nobody can figure out how some things in the protocol work. It's easy to blame it on one thing when there's no solution to the real problem

now back to me as Yuyu

Plain and simple its not that he don't mind sharing knowledge with the private server just when he ask people to support helping most the people lack the responsibility to help him with his project and thing get kinda hard and lack of support . Essen will not give his share of knowledge if people cant contribute with dealing with his work on the protocol work in general. some people trying to take advantage of his work by overpowering him by making show off YouTube videos and lack of responsibility of send feed back on what he been working for the years with the knowledge he know so mush about private server.Essen wont take the time to help people willing take advantage of him like that. Essen have few trusty friend and Programmer been on his side and making sure the do other thing that dealing with PSU in general. Essen choose not work on base on lazy people wont take the time or wont do anything with the program. there for he might go back WHEN HE FEEL like it putting to mush pressure on him just make thing worse.

My opinion on this subject
Yes its would be nice to have psu private server for that something everyone want in general . BUT psoworld made it Clear. SO stop asking about PSU private serve. because your topic will be removed or worse topic close up. Yes we do miss the game and yes there many ways to play the game. but in general we need to face reality and move on Play the game that Sega already provided us . this something I learn when I made that topic on his website. So I think we all need to do is let that stuff go and move on. I wish could happen but they made it clear and there answer is NO so face it and move on. there nothing we can do about it but play what Sega give us and that is all

Zelda aka Yuyustars

Noblewine
Jul 9, 2013, 06:58 PM
Sad new to hear. I wish to see a private server but I guess that's not going to happen.
Close thread please.

Zelda01
Jul 9, 2013, 10:21 PM
Sad new to hear. I wish to see a private server but I guess that's not going to happen.
Close thread please.we all want Phantasy Star Universe to come back in are life. but like I said before its not gonna happen. also all depend on The Moderator if they decide on closing this topic. Few month ago PSO Members made many topic base on private server for PSU and was getting out of hand. if the Moderator of PSO World think this topic should not be discussed. they will removed it completely. I think this topic should be closed or removed. We all love the PSU game and we do miss many great thing for Phantasy Star Universe Online.
:-( I know how you feel because many of us want it back. you never know if Sega see there mistake they might reconsider of bring back PSU online again. but that will never gonna happen as well

DeathDragon2332
Jul 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
If it continues great if not whatever the offline patch will be more than enough. But like Essen said a while ago, "Essen's team never finishes a project" But yes he is waiting for something and then he will resume. For those who have actually tested the server 2+ years ago (ME) then you would know that he had a pretty stable server but it needed functions.

Lostbob117
Jul 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
If it continues great if not whatever the offline patch will be more than enough. But like Essen said a while ago, "Essen's team never finishes a project" But yes he is waiting for something and then he will resume. For those who have actually tested the server 2+ years ago (ME) then you would know that he had a pretty stable server but it needed functions.

There was never a "essen's team". Also I'm pretty sure he was joking because everyone was saying that.

DeathDragon2332
Jul 20, 2013, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure production will start up again. He has also stated that he was doing things in silence for awhile now.

JCGamer
Jul 21, 2013, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure production will start up again. He has also stated that he was doing things in silence for awhile now.:-D that good news but question how stable gonna be. and hope that he get better support :-) If will make a lot thing easy for a lot fan of psu. just have to chill and wait for that day to come :-P

TwistedDragon
Jul 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
This seems like something I will check out. Good luck on making the server happen! It will be really fun to play PSU again. I have toconsider no PSO2 english version near and the JP game no longer working for me that might be my best bet to play PS in the near future.

Mike_Tizzle
Jul 22, 2013, 09:05 PM
I'd come back and play this, even 5 years down the road. PSU was my favorite game of all time.

JCGamer
Jul 23, 2013, 05:19 AM
:-) Indeed this will make everyone very happy if that would happen. :D hope is the jp server version with all 3rd and 4th update version and with a English translation ;-) *wishful thinking* because I do miss my acrotecher jester outfit :-P

Somnia
Jul 23, 2013, 11:33 AM
I really can't see a PSU private server having a higher population than PC/PS2 in it's final days. Even worse if one of these projects is ever finished some number of years from now.

I suggest you all just play Offline/Extra mode, get your fix and move on.

Rekku
Jul 23, 2013, 08:42 PM
I really can't see a PSU private server having a higher population than PC/PS2 in it's final days. Even worse if one of these projects is ever finished some number of years from now.

Well, that is what we currently do. But our desire to play this specific game, with others, is not satiated! :U

But of course, the problem is that the PSU community right now is dwindling at best, and in a few years when this project is theoretically completed it won't be worth the effort. It's barely worth the effort now...

CloudChaser
Jul 23, 2013, 09:39 PM
I miss my character from psu and everything about psu, but I really just want it to come back to the systems :/

JCGamer
Jul 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
Well, that is what we currently do. But our desire to play this specific game, with others, is not satiated! :U

But of course, the problem is that the PSU community right now is dwindling at best, and in a few years when this project is theoretically completed it won't be worth the effort. It's barely worth the effort now...Rekku indeed . I have to agree with you on that one

JCGamer
Jul 24, 2013, 05:24 AM

I suggest you all just play Offline/Extra mode, get your fix and move on.^^ but also you have to think that most item,weapons,armor and newer outfit were only online version and not on offline version. Yes I agree with you on that and we can play the game as offline version but wont be the same. they are many thing on the PSU AOTI JP server that was never was on ps2,xbox360 or the NA version PC version, you have to understand there are many PSU Fans want to come back once again and rejoice .if a private server give them confer so please let them have that choose. but also I have to disagree that offline version of PSU AOTI wont be the same for them so you have to think and consideration for them as well ^^;

JCGamer
Jul 24, 2013, 05:30 AM
I miss my character from psu and everything about psu, but I really just want it to come back to the systems :/:-) I understand were your coming from my dear friend. we all feel the same way. ^^ but the PC version best way to go. only hope for a system is offline ep.1 with Ethan Waber story mode and the extra mode. bu for the PC we might have better chance when come to online version.

renrinken
Jul 25, 2013, 07:50 AM
I truly hope this project does well. Even if I have to wait 2+ more years for it. In my honest opinion PSU was the better game. And the good parts of pso2 is just mediocre adaptations of PSU. But most important it doesn't have garbage p2w that we are experiencing. Pay walls on almost every type of content.

I miss PSU a great deal and enjoyed it more than PSO2 by a great deal. How many people feel the same way ? I really dont know, most people seem to of accepted the negetives of PSO2 and many fanboys ignore the very existence of them.

Anju-Chan
Jul 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe the people who prefer pso2 over universe just didnt play psu as much as we did:/honestly i prefer to play phantasy star on a console..thats where it originated so they should of stuck with it.Its the type of game that feels better on a console.there is plenty of pc mmos but consoles lack them.

xBladeM6x
Jul 25, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm dying to be able to even just play test. I don't care how broken.

Midori Oku
Jul 25, 2013, 10:22 PM
I truly hope this project does well. Even if I have to wait 2+ more years for it. In my honest opinion PSU was the better game. And the good parts of pso2 is just mediocre adaptations of PSU. But most important it doesn't have garbage p2w that we are experiencing. Pay walls on almost every type of content.

I miss PSU a great deal and enjoyed it more than PSO2 by a great deal. How many people feel the same way ? I really dont know, most people seem to of accepted the negetives of PSO2 and many fanboys ignore the very existence of them.

PSO2 sucks ass beyond all belief compared to PSU. It's not that it's bad, but PSU was just overall more fun to me. The only two things I like about PSO2 more than PSU is the character customization (PSU's is by no means lacking in that department), and the fact that the boss battles are a bit more epic. Yes, I even like grinding system on PSU more.

While JP PSU had Guardians Cash, it was not exactly "pay to win." Sure, you could up the percent on a weapon/armor to a 40%, change the element, or even grind it to 8/10 guaranteed, but I don't exactly call that pay to win. If you had 41%+ elements, or a 10/10 you obviously earned it. The last two grinds still had to obtained the normal way. Helpful, yes! Always win, no!

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 26, 2013, 01:59 AM
PSO2 sucks ass beyond all belief compared to PSU. It's not that it's bad, but PSU was just overall more fun to me. The only two things I like about PSO2 more than PSU is the character customization (PSU's is by no means lacking in that department), and the fact that the boss battles are a bit more epic. Yes, I even like grinding system on PSU more.

While JP PSU had Guardians Cash, it was not exactly "pay to win." Sure, you could up the percent on a weapon/armor to a 40%, change the element, or even grind it to 8/10 guaranteed, but I don't exactly call that pay to win. If you had 41%+ elements, or a 10/10 you obviously earned it. The last two grinds still had to obtained the normal way. Helpful, yes! Always win, no!

you know at first I was hoping for a private server just to re live some of the few good things about PSU...but after how much better PSO2 has gotten in just the course of a year PSU needs to be where it is now.....dead

Midori Oku
Jul 26, 2013, 03:12 AM
you know at first I was hoping for a private server just to re live some of the few good things about PSU...but after how much better PSO2 has gotten in just the course of a year PSU needs to be where it is now.....dead

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7438020096/h5CB0983B/

xBladeM6x
Jul 26, 2013, 07:35 AM

I'm curious, if the micro-transactions didn't exist, but you instead paid like on PSU's model, would you still feel that way?

Also, I find myself feeling that PSO2 is a "better game" from a development perspective. I have more enjoyment from PSU, PSP2, and PSP2i, but yeah.

Midori Oku
Jul 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
I'm curious, if the micro-transactions didn't exist, but you instead paid like on PSU's model, would you still feel that way?

Are you asking if I would like PSO2, if it had a monthly fee instead of a cash shop? If so, the answer is no. Sorry if I've misunderstood your question.

PSO2 is actually not a bad game, I just like to try and get under peoples skin about it, like in my last few posts. To me it just does not feel enough like PSU for me to want to play it. Sure, some of the old weapons, and stuff is there, and the even a lot of the PA's, but the gameplay is just way to different for me to get into. I would much rather play Defiance, or the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online.

Edit: One other thing that I like about PSO2 is the music. Especially the boss battle themes. The Dark Ragne theme is my favorite, closely followed by Dark Falz Elder's theme.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 26, 2013, 08:01 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7438020096/h5CB0983B/
I could continue but why post much more in the dead game thread :p

blace
Jul 26, 2013, 10:04 PM
It's like saying PSO is dead and yet it still thrives. Do you get off on trolling for the sake of trolling? You really need to get some practice in.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 26, 2013, 10:58 PM
It's like saying PSO is dead and yet it still thrives. Do you get off on trolling for the sake of trolling? You really need to get some practice in.

I actually don't troll often I just did it here to bug midori a little I actually don't have anything against him

Lostbob117
Jul 27, 2013, 02:21 AM
iirc, they said they were going to change a few things in it. So it won't be the exact psu you know. However, it'll still be psu.. Kinda.

Neudaiz64
Jul 27, 2013, 11:26 AM
How can i make neudaiz night?

JCGamer
Jul 29, 2013, 09:07 PM
How can i make neudaiz night?wrong section to ask about that kind of thing buddy. also u can change daytime into nite if you have access to the modding maps for the game. but you wont find it here ^^;

JCGamer
Jul 29, 2013, 09:09 PM
iirc, they said they were going to change a few things in it. So it won't be the exact psu you know. However, it'll still be psu.. Kinda.^^;well that normal for all private server to change them no matter what :D

MegaMettaurX
Jul 31, 2013, 05:15 AM

PSO is not exactly thriving. But it's still alive. Sorta.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 3, 2013, 02:30 AM

It's not even about population. Most PSU players soloed anyway. Besides between the offline patch and the server, there will be plenty of people playing.

DeathDragon2332
Aug 3, 2013, 02:34 AM
Yep, that is what the plan has been Mr. Rappy.

Also, PSU JP had pay to win mechanics in it but they weren't as noticeable as other "MMOs".

JP's pay to win was extremely minimal. The best weapons, armor, units, ect were found from drops on event or S4 runs. The paying to get 8/10 was actually a good thing because it drove the price of things down quite a bit. Besides that the only other thing was the monthly fee which honestly wasn't that big of a deal. You still had your common box and with one of the events you could make something like 200k per 1 min. The one for selling the beamguns.

I personally made like 2 bil in a week by doing that.

Midori Oku
Aug 3, 2013, 02:00 PM
It's not even about population. Most PSU players soloed anyway. Besides between the offline patch and the server, there will be plenty of people playing.

Correction, "good/elite PSU players soloed." Good luck getting a random to successfully solo S4 runs.

I would love to have seen a random try and solo this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_oPigME4E0

Picture of my solo, before I had my Eternal Psychodrives, and before the video was made.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/psu20120615_045843_001.jpg

DeathDragon2332
Aug 4, 2013, 07:20 AM
Correction, "good/elite PSU players soloed." Good luck getting a random to successfully solo S4 runs.

I would love to have seen a random try and solo this!

JP PSU Castle of Monsters S4 Masterforce Duo (casual run) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_oPigME4E0)

Picture of my solo, before I had my Eternal Psychodrives, and before the video was made.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/psu20120615_045843_001.jpg

I soloed everything and I don't consider myself "Elite" most of the JP players I saw also soloed. But then again most JP players were TA or elite players to begin with. I did see a lot more partying on the 360 side.

Midori Oku
Aug 4, 2013, 10:36 PM
I soloed everything and I don't consider myself "Elite" most of the JP players I saw also soloed. But then again most JP players were TA or elite players to begin with. I did see a lot more partying on the 360 side.

Hence why there is also "good" listed next to elite. Compared to the US servers there were more solo players on JP. Easier access to better gear on JP also played a big part in that. You could easily get the best armors/weapons to at least 40%, and to 8/10 guaranteed. On 360 you pulled a Shijin 27%, oh well, it's stuck there. As for most JP players being elite soloist or good at TA is far from the truth. It goes back to being able to get good gear easily. I'm sure a lot could solo, but how many of them actually soloed effectively? You see more Japanese players that are good at TA compared to the US/EU players because the Japanese servers were way more populated. Naturally there are going to be more elite players.

Edit: FYI, most of the TA pictures on the uploader were always the same people. Most of them on alternate characters too. :P

Edit2: It was also funny to see TA players on the US servers actually beat JP player times. For example, Milranduil and myself both got 5min runs of Forest Infiltration S3 as Masterforce pre-supplemental. While the first 5min I ever saw from a JP player was after their supplemental. Not that it never happened, but it's funny that we never saw it until then. I also matched a JP Masterforces 9min run at Distant Memory S3 on 360. They had 10/10 Rutsus, and light techs, but all I had was the 10/10 Rutsu with ground techs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LryvJdrqV10

I feel the same way and I have the same experience, then again its not like PSU was a difficult game even on S4 missions.

Put the best gear in the hands of you average player, and see if they end up soloing just as easily as someone who knows what they are doing. There is no way your average (even with the best possible gear) Masterforce would get a 11-12min solo on Castle of Monsters S4, or your average Fighmaster getting under 15min on the robot route of Heaven, Earth, Man S4 solo. While you may not see the game as hard others may. Although I don't, and you don't does not mean it's not hard at times for other players. There were ways to actually challenge yourself in game. For example, soloing Seed Awakened as Masterforce pre-supplemental...........yeah!

Who were you in game? The forum name does not ring a bell. ^^;

Mr. Mackey
Aug 4, 2013, 11:36 PM
Hopefully this project gets completed sometime, haven't played this game in a while it would definitely be cool to be able to play some psu online again

DeathDragon2332
Aug 6, 2013, 03:28 AM
Midori you forget I was on JP a good year before you and most other 360 users that made the switch. The reason why you never saw fast runs of certain missions is because nobody ran them. The main reason why most JP players were elite or just overall good was simply because gear is extremely cheap. But it went hand in hand. You had S4s right around the same time the OP PA boosted weapons came out. Not counting the Rutsu there were only a couple PA boosted weapons before S4s starting rolling out. I really could of done without all the S4s and PA boosted weapons. Even after all the S4s I still soloed S3s all day. Much more fun to just steamroll the f*ck out of mobs, then to get smacked around like a rag doll.

Midori Oku
Aug 6, 2013, 05:05 AM
Midori you forget I was on JP a good year before you and most other 360 users that made the switch. The reason why you never saw fast runs of certain missions is because nobody ran them. The main reason why most JP players were elite or just overall good was simply because gear is extremely cheap. But it went hand in hand. You had S4s right around the same time the OP PA boosted weapons came out. Not counting the Rutsu there were only a couple PA boosted weapons before S4s starting rolling out. I really could of done without all the S4s and PA boosted weapons. Even after all the S4s I still soloed S3s all day. Much more fun to just steamroll the f*ck out of mobs, then to get smacked around like a rag doll.

The fact that you "started" around a year before me does not really mean anything, or help your argument. Anyway, what makes you think I did not keep up with pre-supplemental JP times? I shot for those pre-supplemental JP times, and better before we had supplemental on 360. Later on in Japan they did not run those missions, but they did back at some point. Just because someone has good gear does not make them elite. The elite not only have meseta, good gear, and level 50 PA's, but they also have the skill and knowledge to run the missions as fast and effectively as possible. While top tier gear on 360 was a good sign (not always the case though) that someone was an elite player, it was not exactly like that on JP. As I stated before, you could give top tier gear to your everyday average player, and they would still not be able to compete with your top players in terms of doing runs easily. As you said, really good gear was cheap on JP, meaning your everyday average player more than likely had a good setup. Question is, how well could they use that gear? Obviously none PA boosted weapons would not be able to compete with the ones that were, but I'm willing to bet that someone who was elite could use a 10/10 Caduceus to race against an average player with a 10/10 Rutsu.......and still more than likely win.

BTW, you could "steamroll the fuck out of mobs" solo on S4. It just takes the gear, and the know how to do so.

While Plains Overlord S4 was the probably the easiest S4 run, it should still give you an idea as to how fast S4 enemies die solo. And to top it all off, I decided against using the EPD. Guess what? I still beat a very good JP time attackers time, and they were using an EPD in their video. Goes to show that gear does not mean everything. Oh, and I was on a laptop using frame skip 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WrOi7avsNo

DeathDragon2332
Aug 6, 2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah I'm not even trying to make an argument. No idea where you are getting that from. I was simply talking about the pay to win that Subject brought up and you turned it into this "Elite vs noob" thing. I don't really care.

Inazuma
Aug 6, 2013, 11:36 AM
The ability to become "elite" only required you have enough time and practice to master runs and weapon knowledge. The key to being successful at any skill in life is practice, practice, practice. So Midori does have a point that you can't just give the best gear to a new player and expect the the best possible times. But with enough practice it is likely almost anyone can match or beat the best possible times, and this stands true for almost every skill in life.

And the pay-to-win aspect I was referring to was that a player could grind up a weapon to +8 and 40% or armor for that matter and sell the weapon/armor on the market and buy the best gear possible. Although the system was implemented far into the games life, it still caused droves of people to leave the game.

Much much more important that practice, is playing the game based on its own rules and doing your best to win within those rules. The main reason why most people are terrible at video games is because they unknowingly add or modify the game's rules, which usually ends up being a personal handicap, slowing or stopping their progress and preventing them from reaching their own maximum potential.

Practicing the game a lot won't change this. You have to figure this concept out for yourself and change your mindset if you want to truly become great.

Midori Oku
Aug 6, 2013, 03:04 PM
Developing new "rules" within a game is called innovation. You don't have to play within the set of already established rules to be successful at anything, much less a video game.

While I get what you're saying, Inazuma made a good point, if I'm taking his post correctly. Within most MMO type games there is usually several good ways to go about doing things, but more than likely there is going to be a best way to do it. For example, one weapon and PA combo may be good for certain situation, but there may be one that's better Or even what armor/unit combination to use.

For example; in my Distant Memory I posted I had an armor setup that most people more than likely would not think of. While most people that had them would use a Vijeri/Resist would use them, but I didn't. I used the following

-Shijin 46% :dark:
-Ouryu
-Vijeri/Rainbow
-Red/Stamina

While you may be able to point out why I used the Vijeri/Rainbow others may not.

Other "rules" could include any of the following. This really only applies to doing the most effective runs possible, or time attacking, other than that you can do whatever you think is fun.

-Knowing what weapons/PA's to use, and where to use them
-Knowing what status effects enemies can, and cannot get
-Knowing when, and where enemies spawn.
-Knowing how to position yourself for each of those spawns
-Knowing how each spawn normally acts, and where they move to when they spwan
-Knowing how to possibly make up for any time lost

A good example of enemy behavior is De Ragan not flying if you can get him to charge at you.

All of this is assuming I took Inazuma's post correctly.

Inazuma
Aug 7, 2013, 03:59 AM
Some examples of made up rules:

- Pick one attack and use that one attack in every situation for the entire game no matter what.
- Never use long range attacks on a melee class.
- Never sacrifice your own damage in order to help a party member do more damage.

These rules don't actually exist, but many players act like they do. This type of player can play the game for years but unless they get rid of these fictional rules, they won't improve very much.

ZcRaider
Aug 22, 2013, 10:11 AM
If the title of this thread is valid......I would definitly drop pso2 for a while and play this consistently.

ESPECIALLY...if sega decides to enforce an IP_Ban. There being nice now....but with them delaying western...im sry...INTERNATIONAL launch....im starting to doubt how nice they really are....

Keep this alive if possible..... Shoot i would even donate.

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'd probably play it too. I talk down about how much I disliked PSU, but the major reasons I disliked PSU was the community was full of people that alienated anyone who wasn't in their naruto/bleach loving fanclubs or at or above their level with mega good gear. I never knew where to level, and for the most part only played before the big expansions that people say fixed up the game.

A private server would amend a fair chunk of those issues and I'd get to see the rest of the game, possibly at a faster pace than before what with people being around to help.

ZcRaider
Aug 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'd probably play it too. I talk down about how much I disliked PSU, but the major reasons I disliked PSU was the community was full of people that alienated anyone who wasn't in their naruto/bleach loving fanclubs or at or above their level with mega good gear. I never knew where to level, and for the most part only played before the big expansions that people say fixed up the game.

A private server would amend a fair chunk of those issues and I'd get to see the rest of the game, possibly at a faster pace than before what with people being around to help.

Ya, that did happen a lot sadly. Right on.

My biggest issue was 1 four letter world.

S.E.G.A.

Thats why i quit. There borderline racist with some of the decisions they made with PSU and currently PSO2. I mean delayed launch? No reasons? Its not about money, peps deciphering japanese hirigana and captcha's to practically throw money at them! Myself included. Naw its not about money.

Privitizing PSU is a win for the fans. If it can happen... Its definitly a patch over the partial treatment they still seem to favor...

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 22, 2013, 12:32 PM
If the title of this thread is valid......I would definitly drop pso2 for a while and play this consistently.

ESPECIALLY...if sega decides to enforce an IP_Ban. There being nice now....but with them delaying western...im sry...INTERNATIONAL launch....im starting to doubt how nice they really are....

Keep this alive if possible..... Shoot i would even donate.

Its been over a fucking year if you really think they're going to IP ban us you must be delusional. If they were going to Sega would have done it already. They didn't IP ban us in JP PSU or JP PSO BB so what the hell makes you think they care to now?

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 22, 2013, 12:37 PM

I played the game for 5 years and honestly as much as I did enjoy the game trust me you aren't missing much. If these servers do become up and running great(I guess) but in all honesty you aren't missing out.

Zysets
Aug 23, 2013, 08:08 PM
My biggest issue was 1 four letter world.

S.E.G.A.

Thats why i quit. There borderline racist with some of the decisions they made with PSU and currently PSO2.

How are they racist? They aren't attacking people based on their race, hell, they probably don't know care about the race of the people who play. It's all probably about business, what we see as asshole moves, they may see as a way to make profits. I don't know how they'd make profits by limiting the amount of people who would give them money, but it's unlikely that there is any racism involved.

Noblewine
Aug 23, 2013, 08:57 PM
All I want to do is sit and relax in my favorite lobbies again or see neudaiz/moatoob at nighttime. I love it how in later installments Sega disabled access to several lobbies in the offline mode. The screenshots I've seen in the pso2 its pretty laughable to see carbon copies of those areas again. Way to keep it original sega.

the sega shop
Sep 4, 2013, 08:22 AM
Of course there is a need for a private server and anyone saying that it would be pointless is a numpty, just go log into psobb on one of the private servers and you will find PEOPLE!! crumbs look how many there were on the 360 demo day in day out - if it's free and easy to download and install it will be rammed.

I spent nearly 2 days trying to get on pso2 jp with no success, IF the NA/Europe ver of pso2 happens I may still not bother with it on principle. we already know that the jp ver will last longer and have more events and a lot less problems.

It's not SEGAs fault imo, it's SEGA of America that is the problem. they've been ruining SEGAs name for years.

Noblewine
Sep 15, 2013, 09:48 AM
How are they racist? They aren't attacking people based on their race, hell, they probably don't know care about the race of the people who play. It's all probably about business, what we see as asshole moves, they may see as a way to make profits. I don't know how they'd make profits by limiting the amount of people who would give them money, but it's unlikely that there is any racism involved.

They have a funny way of treating their fans. The password items and dlc on psp2 that was leaked. Flagging footage of Shining Force gameplay on youtube. I dont know what the story is but its strange behavior towards NA and EU.

MUDGRIP
Sep 18, 2013, 12:04 AM
i tried to get online for psu earlier today and it wouldnt work so i ejected the game out of the console and tried inserting my hand in the disc drive to see if i could manually engage the servers and i ended up severing my left hand clean off.

Jim
Sep 19, 2013, 05:36 AM
i tried to get online for psu earlier today and it wouldnt work so i ejected the game out of the console and tried inserting my hand in the disc drive to see if i could manually engage the servers and i ended up severing my left hand clean off.

Dr. Montague says to give him a call and he'll have a look at it.

MUDGRIP
Sep 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
Dr. Montague says to give him a call and he'll have a look at it.

oh i see what you did there

Topic Cheese
Sep 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
How is this going so far?

I remember this shit going in 2012. I doubt it will actually happen.

DeathDragon2332
Sep 23, 2013, 09:13 AM
This started in like 2010 lol, yeah it's still dead. The forums are still active and work is still being done on other things like the PSo2 patch and PSU offline patch. I haven't actually seen Essen around the forums in a good month or so.

Topic Cheese
Oct 9, 2013, 12:08 AM
This started in like 2010 lol, yeah it's still dead. The forums are still active and work is still being done on other things like the PSo2 patch and PSU offline patch. I haven't actually seen Essen around the forums in a good month or so.

I actually can't wait for this. PSU is what introduced me to the series, after all.

str898mustang
Oct 9, 2013, 03:44 AM
gah I miss this game sooooo much =(

JCGamer
Oct 9, 2013, 04:37 AM
gah I miss this game sooooo much =( Its been while str898mustang and we all sure do miss the game. ^^ give its some time and PSU Private Server will become a reality. ^^; just hope Essen keep is word on making it happen for all us PSU Fans ;-)

DeathDragon2332
Oct 9, 2013, 09:21 PM
gah I miss this game sooooo much =(

As do I. Pso2 just isn't cutting it.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 10, 2013, 06:46 AM
Wtf people are actually pushing for this? LMAO

Let this crappy game die already LMAO

I do find it kinda weird that they would work on a private server. I mean, it's not like it's going to be populated or anything. Sure maybe a few of you would be on it, but that's about it...lol

Just seems like a big ass waste of time IMO. Seeing as PSO2 is free to play everyone is already on it.

On a side note this game has ps2 graphics haha da fawk would anyone want to down grade to this shit? ^^;

Topic Cheese
Oct 10, 2013, 05:23 PM

I do find it kinda weird that they would work on a private server. I mean, it's not like it's going to be populated or anything. Sure maybe a few of you would be on it, but that's about it...lol

Just seems like a big ass waste of time IMO. Seeing as PSO2 is free to play everyone is already on it.

On a side note this game has ps2 graphics haha da fawk would anyone want to down grade to this shit? ^^;

Everyone has their own preferences.

And why does everyone need to bring graphics into this? There are N64 games that are better than PSO2. So why bother comparing them?

The game may be shit to you, but it's a fan favorite to almost everyone here.

JCGamer
Oct 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
but it's a fan favorite to almost everyone here.:D I have to agree with you 100%

JCGamer
Oct 10, 2013, 06:33 PM

On a side note this game has ps2 graphics haha da fawk would anyone want to down grade to this shit? ^^;its best if u keep thing to your self. Because no one want to here your lack of opinion on how mush YOU hate this game. if your happy with pso2 then go hang out on pso2 section. but please and I am asking you nicely and kindly don't come to this topic giving your negative opinion for are favorite topic subject on PSU in general. Hope we have an understanding :whip:

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 10, 2013, 06:47 PM
its best if u keep thing to your self. Because no one want to here your lack of opinion on how mush YOU hate this game. if your happy with pso2 then go hang out on pso2 section. but please and I am asking you nicely and kindly don't come to this topic giving your negative opinion for are favorite topic subject on PSU in general. Hope we have an understanding :whip:
I couldn't have said it better myself. If you're not interested in the server, why criticize their efforts?

I for one love PSU. PSO2 is a completely different game. Yes, they're similar, but they're different games each offering a different type of experience. You know, kind of like how so many players favor certain Halo versions of newer games in the series? Everyone has their preference.

DeathDragon2332
Oct 10, 2013, 07:54 PM

You are such an idiot...that is all.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 10, 2013, 09:48 PM

By offline, you are referring to the pc version? Personally I still have my ps2 and have recently started playing PSU aoti on it again, but then realized that there was a whole lot more content online ... it was just saddening to know certain items and areas could never be attained again.

JCGamer
Oct 11, 2013, 08:43 AM
By offline, you are referring to the pc version? Personally I still have my ps2 and have recently started playing PSU aoti on it again, but then realized that there was a whole lot more content online ... it was just saddening to know certain items and areas could never be attained again.;-) yes we still playing the offline PSU AOTI and doing a lot testing and fooling around with PC version. Agrajag made some add on and patches for PC version to get access to some of the mission that was from the online jp server and USA server like Black Nest, Beach bum Bay and more. if you want to learn more about the pc version offline psu aoti. There Video Guide made by GamerTime1226.
You can search on you tube.

so far we are waiting on Essen working in progress and no word of the current status of PSU Private Server. Soon we will have are wish come true as soon there more good news from Essen :)

Noblewine
Oct 11, 2013, 09:04 PM
:D I have to agree with you 100%

^ What JC said

DeathDragon2332
Oct 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
;-) yes we still playing the offline PSU AOTI and doing a lot testing and fooling around with PC version. Agrajag made some add on and patches for PC version to get access to some of the mission that was from the online jp server and USA server like Black Nest, Beach bum Bay and more. if you want to learn more about the pc version offline psu aoti. There Video Guide made by GamerTime1226.
You can search on you tube.

so far we are waiting on Essen working in progress and no word of the current status of PSU Private Server. Soon we will have are wish come true as soon there more good news from Essen :)

He is currently waiting on maps, which he was told would be done in October. So hopefully he gives some info soon.

JCGamer
Oct 12, 2013, 07:34 AM
He is currently waiting on maps, which he was told would be done in October. So hopefully he gives some info soon.^^ I am glad to hear it. also I was that too on his forum of what he said but I was not 100% sure :-) we just have to wait and see like you said Dragon and soon we will see on what he have to say when that time come ^^

str898mustang
Oct 13, 2013, 07:42 AM
gah I hope he finishes it..I'd be soooo happy :D

where are you getting your info that he's still working on it?

Seventyxxtimes7x
Oct 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
Essen will surely deliver lets just wait.

http://samecity.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/skeleton-computer-guy.jpg

JCGamer
Oct 13, 2013, 12:14 PM
where are you getting your info that he's still working on it?^^ psumod in the lounge section of his forum

DeathDragon2332
Oct 13, 2013, 04:09 PM
gah I hope he finishes it..I'd be soooo happy :D

where are you getting your info that he's still working on it?

psumods.co.uk bro. I'm honestly just waiting for the offline patch more than anything. I mean since I preferred to solo anyway.

JCGamer
Oct 15, 2013, 06:49 AM
psumods.co.uk bro. I'm honestly just waiting for the offline patch more than anything. I mean since I preferred to solo anyway.Aw man so that mean we wont be seeing you on the online private server :(

ChocolateTacoFilms
Oct 19, 2013, 01:05 PM
So any more info on the private server?

JCGamer
Oct 19, 2013, 02:11 PM
So any more info on the private server?
at the moment no ^^

Topic Cheese
Oct 19, 2013, 10:53 PM
at the moment no ^^

Do we know if they're adding the weapons and everything that was Japanese exclusive?

Daft
Oct 20, 2013, 03:07 PM
Oh my god, please make an online server!!! You have my full support!

JCGamer
Oct 21, 2013, 05:28 AM
Do we know if they're adding the weapons and everything that was Japanese exclusive?at the moment there no word at this time. They do however have all the resources from the PSU AOTI JP PC server. We don't know if they are going to support the Guardian cash. but I think and all honesty they will bring most the located area was from the JP PC version into the server. but no one known when that will be for sure at this time.

I seen a few the weapon item from the PSU AOTI JP server that were patch up by Agrajag for the Offline Story mode for psu. In my honest opinion its can be possible if they manage to make offline version have the weapon item and area like Black Nest into offline version then I think they will bring the them to there private server as well :)

Akakomuma
Oct 21, 2013, 05:44 AM
It'd be nice to see PSU run by someone with a brain that's for sure.

JCGamer
Oct 21, 2013, 06:31 AM
It'd be nice to see PSU run by someone with a brain that's for sure.^^ Indeed hehe

DeathDragon2332
Oct 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
Do we know if they're adding the weapons and everything that was Japanese exclusive?

I am going to assume yes. Since they will have access to the fully patched JP client. And I'm sure all the work going on with the offline patch will make implementing it onto the server easier.

Daft
Oct 21, 2013, 12:23 PM
The people controlling the servers should not just release everything at once and do small updates weekly, if not biweekly. You know...like SoA should have done when the game was at it's prime! :-P

I'll be on these servers religiously if they come back.

Mystil
Oct 23, 2013, 04:28 AM
Don't count on it. This project IIRC was dropped due to lack of time on the person doing most of the coding and lack of help from others, also because of lack of time/interest(and some people just being unwilling, but being demanding about wanting the server still, heh.

There's enough info where you can add whatever items/weapons/armor/units you want and whatever stats you want on them(via hex editing I think - I've done it, its not very hard) on the vanilla game offline.

unlike PSO, PSU right now, with no working private server, is dead.

JCGamer
Oct 23, 2013, 09:37 AM
Don't count on it. This project IIRC was dropped due to lack of time on the person doing most of the coding and lack of help from others, also because of lack of time/interest(and some people just being unwilling, but being demanding about wanting the server still, heh.

There's enough info where you can add whatever items/weapons/armor/units you want and whatever stats you want on them(via hex editing I think - I've done it, its not very hard) on the vanilla game offline.

unlike PSO, PSU right now, with no working private server, is dead.Mystil what make you 100% that this not gonna happen. please understand that I am not trying to disrespect or upset you in anyway. Mystil be careful on how you choose your word. at the moment I had a little chat with the psumod group. this is in fact a possibility. A young man named of Evin where discussing more About PSU Private Server. claiming there another group of team trying to make there own. I told evin that great that ppl are still trying there best to bring back PSU back to are life. However they wont support the Guardian Cash on there side. but still great that ppl are tryiing bring back psu back online. At first I wanted to give a suggestion to Essen and Agrajag about would be if they can run the GC for supporting there Private server. but Eseen made it clear as day, here what I said on the subject in matter in hand

I said
I wonder if Essen and Agrajag is aware about PSO-World post about his EGS server?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthr ... ost3057049

:) Many Fans of PSU are dieing to know. when its gonna be open to the world.
also I saw and read the topic about the young man claiming that he wont support Guardian Cash for his Private Server. To be honest I think that not a smart thing to do in first place XD. I think a Guardian Cash on the EGS can be a good Idea for a donation system and support the EGS Private server. If Essen don't mind and willing to do that. I mean hardware and software do come for free source but some are not free. and to be honest the Guardian cash is great way to support Essen and his team.

I truly understand its not gonna be an easy task to take all those item that was once from the Guardian Cash and translate all object and item from GC. but still I think with Guardian Cash is good ways to help Essen and his team to earn some real euro/ cash for there hard work. I think they need something to work for in my honest opinion everyone should be rewarded for there free time and there hard work

;) as for me I dont mind supporting that

NOW here what Essen reply on that subject: Not gonna run a store, no.

That right there that Essen is going bring back the PSU Private Server Soon

^^Please understand that Essen and His team are working making it better for everyone. and soon its will become a reality for everyone.

you ask your self how this gonna be possible ?

Agrajag been doing a lot work on testing thing with the program an Essen working enlarg software other testing. atm there few choosing one that been helping him with this Projects for long time now.

At the moment I cant put into words but there are a lot talk on psumod and Essen other Group are doing everything they can and support him on this project.

the project was been disband yes but not dead my dear friend Mystil .
Essen made it clear he is now working his heart out for PSU Private Server become more stable and more functional for everyone to play the game

Essen also said to me and everyone
Well maps are pretty cool so far. Will have to try them on a real project this week-end.

that show he doing his best to make this happen

^^ So for right now all we can do is just wait

Seventyxxtimes7x
Oct 23, 2013, 05:13 PM
I truly understand its not gonna be an easy task to take all those item that was once from the Guardian Cash and translate all object and item from GC. but still I think with Guardian Cash is good ways to help Essen and his team to earn some real euro/ cash for there hard work. I think they need something to work for in my honest opinion everyone should be rewarded for there free time and there hard work

Sega lawyers will be writing up that C&D so fast their hand will burst in to flames. Even without making money off of Segas game there is potential for a C&D, You need to be careful about saying these things, the project could be closed before it even takes off.

JCGamer
Oct 23, 2013, 05:54 PM
Sega lawyers will be writing up that C&D so fast their hand will burst in to flames. Even without making money off of Segas game there is potential for a C&D, You need to be careful about saying these things, the project could be closed before it even takes off. Dont you worry Essen said clear as day he not making no money out this and he not gonna run no darn store for GC and he made that clear with me. so everything is cool :) Essen said we are not running the GC as market thing so we drop that subject real fast :-) plus its was silly suggestion of my part XD

SStrikerR
Nov 12, 2013, 11:54 PM
I'd appreciate it if someone would pm me if/when there are any updates to this.

JCGamer
Nov 13, 2013, 12:08 AM
I'd appreciate it if someone would pm me if/when there are any updates to this.Essen still did not made no announcement at this time he still conducting map testing and other programing at this time. :-? so we wont know till he lets everyone know about it. I send you a update link to your pm and keep you up to date what is going on at the moment

milranduil
Nov 19, 2013, 11:22 PM
Sega lawyers will be writing up that C&D so fast their hand will burst in to flames. Even without making money off of Segas game there is potential for a C&D, You need to be careful about saying these things, the project could be closed before it even takes off.

If that were true, ********/Crono would have been sued/done/gone LONG ago. Meanwhile, years later...

EDIT: can't believe that's censor'd lmfao...

Nameh
Nov 20, 2013, 08:00 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but..
http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=625

DeathDragon2332
Nov 20, 2013, 09:51 PM
Project is dead. Seems Essen has lost all his motivation. Can't help but feel a little pissed off, I know it was hard work but it still feels like Essen screwed a lot of us over between the hype and the teases of it coming back month after month.

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2013, 12:20 AM
I agree. Why start something that you don't plan on finishing? If he was interested in the project simply to learn erlang or for some other selfish (and I don't mean that in a negative way) purpose, then why bother getting people's hopes up? While he was probably genuinely trying to produce the server at first, as time went on he seemed to just give up. While I concede that he did warn us numerous times, it's still a bummer. We can only hope that someone else will continue the work where he left off. Unlikely, but it would be nice. Or, you know, if SEGA would just release the necessary info. Which will never happen.

I almost said SEGAC, just for nostalgia's sake. Despite me loathing when other people said it.

JCGamer
Nov 21, 2013, 02:58 PM
Rest in Peace PSU online and live on the offline content

str898mustang
Nov 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
freaking bullsh!t...don't start something if you're not going to finish it...

JCGamer
Nov 22, 2013, 05:35 PM
freaking bullsh!t...don't start something if you're not going to finish it...Indeed str898mustang and everyone had there hope up including my self...its darn shame really :(

The Walrus
Nov 22, 2013, 10:14 PM
Oh well. If you guys want to get a private server running why not learn how to continue what Essen started?

SStrikerR
Nov 22, 2013, 10:44 PM
Oh well. If you guys want to get a private server running why not learn how to continue what Essen started?

Unless you're ignorant regarding the knowledge and skills necessary, you should know that that's not feasible.

Lostbob117
Nov 23, 2013, 03:29 AM
freaking bullsh!t...don't start something if you're not going to finish it...

Haha, you're a prick.

DeathDragon2332
Nov 23, 2013, 11:04 AM
Haha, you're a prick.

Not really Essen had everyone's hopes up for years now, with teases over the past 2 years that it would be back "Just waiting on maps" "Working on something that will help the sever" yada yada. So what he said is vaild.

Lostbob117
Nov 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
Not really Essen had everyone's hopes up for years now, with teases over the past 2 years that it would be back "Just waiting on maps" "Working on something that will help the sever" yada yada. So what he said is vaild.

Valid? Lmao no, it's not. He's being an inconsiderate prick. You don't have to finish anything you start and it came clear to essen that making this was

1) Not worth it to him
2) Too much effort

Literally essen doesn't have time, and the other dude is being all mad about that. When he has no right to.

SStrikerR
Nov 23, 2013, 04:06 PM
Valid? Lmao no, it's not. He's being an inconsiderate prick. You don't have to finish anything you start and it came clear to essen that making this was

1) Not worth it to him
2) Too much effort

Literally essen doesn't have time, and the other dude is being all mad about that. When he has no right to.

He has a right to be disappointed. He's not the one being a prick here; I'll leave it to others to decide who that is.

Topic Cheese
Nov 23, 2013, 10:45 PM
Well, this sucks huge ass.

Essen should have seen this thing through, not loose all his motivation.

Quitting on someone halfway through is a dick-ish move, it's bad enough when it's only you that's affected, but when you disappoint 100's of people?

Way to go, asshole. Sorry, but I was really looking forward to this.

PSO2 is no PSU. It was my favorite game.

DeathDragon2332
Nov 24, 2013, 04:58 AM

1) Not worth it to him
2) Too much effort

And you're being a complete ass. For those who have been following the server year after year it is a complete dick move to just drop it after 4 or so years. It is a complete slap in the face. If you say you are going to do something then do it, don't just say "oh well I'm bored fuck this and fuck all the people who have been waiting and helping" No wonder AIDA kicked your ass off Arks you're a complete asshole.

Midori Oku
Nov 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
Even though this is no longer being worked on, I can assure you guys the offline mods are being worked on. There have been a few people who actually joined the team (myself included) lately to help somewhat speed up the project. While it's not quite the online, the offline mods are actually going to be nice, and it's going to make the offline as close to the online as possible. Here's a few examples of what you can expect of the mods. Remember Roar of Flames C-S3 is currently not available to the public, but Beach Bum Beast is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=72c4Rx3TNuY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh3yvVyPFA4

Shinamori
Nov 24, 2013, 06:37 AM
Can we get online weapons to offline?

Lostbob117
Nov 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
"oh well I'm bored fuck this and fuck all the people who have been waiting and helping".

Why would anyone doing anything if they didn't find it fun?

DeathDragon2332
Nov 24, 2013, 02:41 PM
Because it was his word, he should have kept it. There were hundreds perhaps thousands waiting over 4 years for the server. He could at least have tried to find more people instead of just dropping it after 2 years of teasing and hinting.

Lostbob117
Nov 24, 2013, 03:13 PM
Because it was his word, he should have kept it. There were hundreds perhaps thousands waiting over 4 years for the server. He could at least have tried to find more people instead of just dropping it after 2 years of teasing and hinting.

He told us that it was on hold a year ago, and probably wasn't going to be worked on. You should of expected worse, sorry that your hope was smashed, but you should be more considerate about this then insulting the dude.

I'm putting the EGS project on hold until further notice. I do not think development will resume, though.

I initially did this project to be able to learn Erlang, and it worked great for that. I'm now pretty well known in the Erlang world and many doors have been opened to me, and of course I'm not refusing any chance there. Which also mean that I don't have time anymore. When I'm not busy working I'm busy being tired. My interest in this is also pretty low now as I have many more interesting projects I would like to pursue. Finally, SEGA really did a mess designing that game and it brings a lot of frustration, which only one man can handle at this point. He's still making you great stuff for offline mode. So I'm leaving things as they are with no plans to continue the server's development.

The only thing that could make this project resume is getting complete specifications for the game from SEGA, which will never happen. Even now it would still be quicker to make my own game than to implement this server.

essen's team never finishes a project. You have been warned.

Thanks again for your continuous support. You may now say "Told ya" to anyone willing to hear it.

Midori Oku
Nov 24, 2013, 03:46 PM
Can we get online weapons to offline?

They will be added with the mods eventually. That actually requires a lot of work since there's not really enough weapon slots in the offline mode to fill them all. Not only that but the stats of all weapons (ones that are currently in the game as well) need to be changed. This includes everything from ATP, ATA, TP, variance, hit effects, status effects, stat bonuses, sex restrictions, etc.......

Here's a detailed post on what weapon data consists of.

Been a while since I've posted an "informative" post, so... let's compare data files! Today: Weapon data (itemWeaponParam*.xnr).
Using the "claw" weapon file for brevity's sake. Each weapon type has a file (shadoogs have two--that's a subject for later).
v1 (http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/psu/psu_v1_claws.txt)
AotI (http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/psu/psu_v2_claws.txt)
PSP1 (http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/psu/psp1_claws.txt)

The last section of the file is a header with pointers to each section and a MYSTERY INTEGER. Both the v1 and AotI versions include a little section at (almost) the end that looks something like (from the AotI file)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFF000102FFFF03FFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFF00FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFF0001FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
This is a mapping between weapon IDs and weapon data in order (one row per manufacturer, 1 byte per index--FF means "no weapon"). So for instance, that 02 in the second row is saying that Giza-Misaki (010B0801) is the third (all values start with 00) weapon in the Yohmei chunk.
->Note: This means that you can only have 14 weapons per manufacturer per weapon type in the base game (so up to 0D)--this is why that old weapon pack had certain weapons shuffled! Needless to say, I expanded the list--there's room for something like 80 weapons per type/manufacturer in the internal D&H builds.

PSP1 omits that data. I don't know how it works, haven't looked much into it.

Section (1) in each file is hitbox data. I don't remember how it works exactly (I know it includes maximum range, width of hitbox, some mystery value that caused hitboxes to generate at a distance, and something else, but details...?). If anyone's interested, let me know, I'll track down my notes on it--this stuff was also used online.

The stuff in between is the meat of the file: each section is actual weapon data for a given manufacturer.
So, a representative weapon from each file:
v1:

0000 0702 010A 7201 CE01 6000 0000 CA00 FF03 3F06 1600 0200 D200 9402 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0706 0404 0404 0407 0707 0405 0606 0606 0707 0809
AotI:

0000 0700 7201 CE01 6000 0000 013F CA00 6216 0000 D200 9402 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
PSP1:

0000 0201 8701 BC01 4E01 0001 093F 1C01 0300 0000 8501 3702 2D00 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
These are for Giza-Misaki (third Yohmei claw), for reference. You can see that a lot of stuff just disappeared between v1 and AotI--remember my notes on weapon grinding? A large part of it's for that.

We'll look at the AotI version first, since it's the one I actually understand. Byte-by-byte here:
00 - This determines which text to use for the "attack" action. For instance, Agito Repca uses "Slash" instead of "Attack".
00 - This is the visual effect animation for the weapon (Crimson's flames, Blackheart's sparkles, etc). The actual graphic is stored in the weapon file, but this says for instance "animate on weapon on attack" or "animate on player on equip".
07 - Model number. These are restricted--a Yohmei weapon cannot use a GRM graphic, nor can a saber use a sword graphic.
00 - Hitbox data to use. Oddly, AotI includes the infrastructure for this, but they specifically included only one set of data per weapon type anyway.
7201 - ATP minimum (for variance purposes) (370)
CE01 - ATP maximum (for variance purposes--this is the one displayed in the stats screen) (462)
6000 - ATA
0000 - Status effect and level. For instance, Harisen Battle Fan's got 0802, stun level 2 or 3 (been a while, forgot if it starts at 0 or 1).
01 - Number of targets for a normal attack.
3F - Equipment restrictions. Suffices to say, 3F is "any race/sex/class"--note that this is in addition to class restrictions (e.g this can only take away, it cannot add).
CA00 - Required ATP (202)
62 - This one is more complex. Bottom nybble is rank (2 = this is an A-rank weapon), top one is drop/shop element (6 = dark).
16 - Drop elemental percent (22%).
00 - Sound effect. You'll note that in these files, Falclaw and Neiclaw both use a unique one--00 is weapon default.
00 - Set ID. Only a few sets are present in the base game (Mukpat and Twin Buster sets being the first ones I could find, but there are 5 of them).
D200 - Weapon base PP (210)
9402 - PP regen value. This isn't directly used in-game--to get the actual regeneration amount, multiply base PP by 5, and then divide by this value (so in this case, regen per tick is 5 * 210 / 660 = 1.6, round down to 1).
0000 - ATP bonus (added to your base stat)
0000 - DFP bonus (added to your base stat)
0000 - ATA bonus (added to your base stat)
0000 - EVP bonus (added to your base stat)
0000 - Dunno. Never noticed a change by modifying this value, no weapons have it set by default. (PSP1 shows that this is STA)
0000 - Dunno. Never noticed a change by modifying this value, no weapons have it set by default. (PSP1 shows that this should be TP)
0000 - MST bonus (added to your base stat)

Not going to do such a methodical breakdown for PSP1, but you can see most of the data's in the same places. The differences:
4E01 - ATA (just here so you can see where this is)
0001 - SE and target count (SE level got promoted to the top nybble, target count got put on the bottom nybble)
09 - Mystery! It seems vanishingly unlikely that all the claws can hit 9+ targets.
3F - equipment restrictions (see ATA) -- they added "fixed element" to the 0x40 bit (e.g Falclaw (lightning only) is 0x7F)

And then at the end:
8501 - Base PP
3702 - PP regen divisor (why did they keep this braindead system? who knows!)
2D00 - Mystery! Seems to go up with rarity on the manufacturer weapons (starts at 0x23 = 35 on Misaki, ends at 0x3C = 60 on Ohga-Misaki).
EDIT: This is in fact an ATP bonus as described in the AotI stats (exactly like in PSP2, all weapon categories appear to provide an invisible stat bonus--claw boosts ATP, sword boosts DFP/MST, etc).

Now, that leaves v1. I haven't done too much work on the v1 stats so there are a lot of unknowns, but they're... different.
0000 0702 - This part was kept in AotI (attack name, effect, model, hitbox)
0A - This value is on every weapon in the game. I kinda wonder if it's a maximum grind value.
7201 CE01 - ATP min and max
6000 - ATA
0000 - SE + level?
CA00 - Required ATP
FF03 - ?
3F - Equipment restrictions
06 - Drop element (alone here)
16 - Drop percent
00 - ?
02 - Rank(?)
00 - ?
D200 9402 - PP base and regen
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 - ? (maybe stat bonuses; Brand and Durandal have a few of these set, but that could also be set bonuses)
0706 0404 0404 0407 0707 - ATP bonus per grind
0405 0606 0606 0707 0809 - PP bonus per grind

The way grinds work in the game, the ATP bonus and resulting PP value are stored in the weapon in your inventory, so any grinded v1 items will keep their stats in AotI.
->This means that for almost any weapon in the game, it's better to grind it in v1 than in AotI (recall from my grinding breakdown, AotI grind bonuses are random and cap at about 3 on each stat per grind).

v1 is weird. Alternately, AotI offline is weird--v1's offline mode is closer to online PSU, while in ways AotI offline is closer to PSP1 (AotI offline's grind system was pretty much the one used in PSP1, which got refined for PSP2--it's most visible in the Japanese version).

DeathDragon2332
Nov 24, 2013, 03:49 PM
That was posted years after the server was announced and a good year went by with Essen not telling anyone anything and months would go by where he wouldn't post a single thing. It took him 3 years just to post that then another year plus of wasting are time waiting to then close it for good. He should have just said that in that post instead of hinting for another year that it would start again.

He made another post saying "Chill EGS should resume in Oct" something along those lines. So yes he was lying.

ZcRaider
Dec 5, 2013, 08:52 AM
Its times like this I kinda wish I was independently wealthy. There are a lot of problems in this world that could be solved with $$$.

This is one of them.

Give Essen and team enough $$$. He will find away to make it work. He will find away to have the manpower or tools needed as well.

$$$ = Motivation

If I had it....I would give it to them, but only after I donate to charity first ^ ^

I'm just a common dude with a specific skillset. I repair computers. Network them, etc. But not a programmer.

I can fix the car, but don't ask me to design a 2.3L 4cyl SOHC Turbo Engine...

FROM SCRATCH.

So I cant even help. And any money I would be willing to donate to this cause, would be chump change compared to the opportunities available to Essen.

Puzzles....is that the ONLY reason you took up this project Essen? I thought I was for the fans and to restore PSU to what it should have been, for EVERYONE. Guess I was wrong.

"...First, the project is way too complex for the benefits it would give...All the bigger puzzles have been solved, and the interest is gone and has been for a while. I got more interesting puzzles to solve elsewhere...."

:twak: :-x

I'm sure there are plenty of others in my shoes I guess.

I miss this game. So much of its potential was lost due to Segac's incompetence.

PSU had a huge fanbase. Quite a few still exist too. Hell, some of the fan art is still on PSO-Worlds Front Page. www.pso-world.com ----->TOP RIGHT & LEFT

Life can really suck sometimes. But eh, i'm pushing 30. Guess its time to grow up.

A tear was shed this day. Time to move on.

It would be a courteous thing if someone would lock this thread so peoples hopes do not get crushed anymore.

Tyreek
Dec 5, 2013, 09:16 AM
We gotta look at this way at this point; if we really want closure to this series once and for all, we'll have to depend on Aragjag and his technical know-how, to bring everything to a head with the offline patch he's working on. Not only will we be getting a vast majority of what was online, but also the final chapters for the game; something quite a lot of people have missed out on while trying this game out, only to be left with a cliffhanger. Yes, it sucks we'll never be able to go back to our long awaited characters and mingle together again. But such is the realm of online games. They won't last forever.

"Essen's team never finishes a project". Well, hopefully this one will prove us wrong.

Lostbob117
Dec 5, 2013, 11:23 AM
By the way, essen wasn't even making PSU. He was making something inspired from PSU.

Akakomuma
Dec 9, 2013, 03:51 AM
A shame. Hopefully someone else picks it up some day.

Sakarisei
Dec 9, 2013, 04:20 AM
Without server data, that's not possible making a private server of PSU, unless some people are interested in making all server data. And of course, creating the server databases is not just writing or copypasting information on pso-world...

UMVC3_Wolverine
Dec 9, 2013, 07:37 AM
Lmao, let it go already xDDD

Jeez stop crying about psu already. By the time the private server is up pso5 will be out LOL.

Shinamori
Dec 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
Not unless your throw money at them.

Hewie
Dec 11, 2013, 12:31 AM
Well the american version never got the same attention or updates the japanese one did. I do miss the game despite the lack of updates and the clutter of players in only one specific area.

Topic Cheese
Dec 11, 2013, 08:56 PM

Jeez stop crying about psu already. By the time the private server is up pso5 will be out LOL.

Will you be quite about how you think PSU sucks?

It's a fan favorite to many people on here, just shut the fuck up already. Nobody think your opinions matter especially if you keep posting on a PSU section that you don't like.

The Walrus
Dec 11, 2013, 10:30 PM
Gotta move on eventually :/

Lostbob117
Dec 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
Will you be quite about how you think PSU sucks?

It's a fan favorite to many people on here, just shut the fuck up already. Nobody think your opinions matter especially if you keep posting on a PSU section that you don't like.

I don't see why you're getting mad, the game wasn't even going to be the PSU you loved and knew. It was going to be something else.

xBladeM6x
Dec 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
I don't see why you're getting mad, the game wasn't even going to be the PSU you loved and knew. It was going to be something else.

That's irrelevant. Most people didn't really care if it was going to be the same. Most people wanted it not to be, actually. I think most (like myself) wanted to just be able to play with friends on it again, like old times, but fixed in ways SEGA wouldn't do it. Aside from that maybe someone will pick the project up, or someone will win the lotto and pay Essen a good amount of money to do it. Lol

Akakomuma
Dec 15, 2013, 05:19 AM

I wasn't aware PSO World had degenerated to a children's playground.

Lostbob117
Dec 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
I wasn't aware PSO World had degenerated to a children's playground.

I wasn't aware that you should call someone a child for saying something that you don't agree with.

Seany1990
Dec 17, 2013, 02:21 PM
So erm, 6 months later... Any info on the current progress made for this server?

Nameh
Dec 21, 2013, 03:40 PM
It's dead, I guess

hoppimike
Jan 21, 2014, 05:26 AM
So... is this server actually down, or is it just not being developed anymore? I can't find the connection info for the server.

hoppimike
Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 AM
Also, I would be more than happy to host a PSU server (such as EGS) on my VPS if one doesn't exist already :)

Crazyrabbi
Jan 29, 2014, 08:51 PM
How much still needs to be done? Willing to help out however i can. Hoping to see new weapons in the game that was not originally in it.

Rabbi out :cool:

Dr.No
Jan 29, 2014, 11:47 PM
The project has been canceled since November of last year.

oG Epik
Jan 30, 2014, 12:21 AM
Did it ever get finished ? is it up now? if so can i have a link for download.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 30, 2014, 02:17 AM
the project is dead so move on

DeathDragon2332
Jan 30, 2014, 04:13 AM
Gotta wait for the offline mod, no server is being worked on.

Crazyrabbi
Jan 30, 2014, 07:15 PM
Where can someone get the offline mod? I just perchased both the original a ambition of illumionus for pc so when they come in and after i figure how to get them to run on windows 7 it is off to work i go.

Rabbi Out :cool:

Lostbob117
Jan 31, 2014, 08:33 AM
There is an offline mod atm that is still be working on, but is playable on the site of the English Patch.

Crazyrabbi
Jan 31, 2014, 09:36 PM
What is the name of that English website or can you get me a link?

Lostbob117
Feb 1, 2014, 11:59 AM
What is the name of that English website or can you get me a link?

Google.com

try it just type in "PSO2 English Patch"

str898mustang
Feb 1, 2014, 04:18 PM
Google.com

try it just type in "PSO2 English Patch"

he's looking for PSU, not PSO2....LEARN TO READ

Lostbob117
Feb 1, 2014, 05:50 PM
he's looking for PSU, not PSO2....LEARN TO READ

No, you learn to read, I told him it's on the same site, and the easiest way to find the site.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 2, 2014, 05:39 PM
No, you learn to read, I told him it's on the same site, and the easiest way to find the site.

No the easiest is to just give him the site.

Lostbob117
Feb 2, 2014, 09:26 PM
No the easiest is to just give him the site.

Except we all know the policy of not being allowed to link them here. I'm sure he's a big boy and can find it himself with the information provided.

DeathDragon2332
Feb 5, 2014, 12:07 AM
Yet I have mentioned the name and even linked things about it before. They don't care anymore this forum is pretty dead now a days anyway, expect the PSO2 section.

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 5, 2014, 02:04 AM
Yet I have mentioned the name and even linked things about it before. They don't care anymore this forum is pretty dead now a days anyway, expect the PSO2 section.

this forum was a ghost town till PSO2 came out -_-

DeathDragon2332
Feb 5, 2014, 07:13 PM
this forum was a ghost town till PSO2 came out -_-

It was pretty active a few years ago on the 360 side and somewhat active on the JP side. It wasn't a ghost town, but it also wasn't teeming with users.

hoppimike
Feb 8, 2014, 06:07 AM
Two of us (at least) have now "adopted" the PSU server project from Essen. For more details PM me!

The Walrus
Feb 8, 2014, 10:45 PM
Welp, best of luck to you guys.

hoppimike
Feb 9, 2014, 02:39 PM

Crazyrabbi
Feb 12, 2014, 10:54 PM
I volunteer myself for beta testing of all types.

Rabbi Out :cool:

redpin
Feb 28, 2014, 02:50 AM

Many thanks
http://watchfree.me/47/w.png

Aussei
Mar 1, 2014, 01:14 PM
Seriously? Are you gonna follow through? I support this so much.... I miss PSU. PSO2 is good but I miss my endless grind of Alterazagog or whatever his name was.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 5, 2014, 09:35 PM
I'm an optimistic person, but nothing will come of this.

SMUT
Mar 6, 2014, 07:54 AM
So to get this offline patch, you need to have the game for aoti first? Or can the game be downloaded also? Not sure i could even use on windows 8.1. Ended buying a ps2 with aoti but its still not as fun as online, just not enough stuff to hunt. But then again psobb runs on windows 8.

JCGamer
Mar 6, 2014, 09:49 AM
So to get this offline patch, you need to have the game for aoti first? Or can the game be downloaded also? Not sure i could even use on windows 8.1. Ended buying a ps2 with aoti but its still not as fun as online, just not enough stuff to hunt. But then again psobb runs on windows 8.no patch is needed when playing offline story mode for psu aoti for the pc because its is own game . however if ur trying to play the game with soft modding patches then u do need them. how ever they are bit buggy and you wont get same drop table that were online. that pretty mush all that this is a soft mod patch hack made by Agrajag. Now I don't know if the game is Window 8 supported but wont hurt try ^^ you can get the USA version game from *removed* can be search there for the game. but if u want the JP version u can search it on youtube guide made by gametimer

SMUT
Mar 6, 2014, 10:07 AM
so basically this patch really doesnt change much from the ps2 aoti version? If not i wont even bother. Only really liked the game for the treasure hunting grind aspect. Already ran out of stuff to hunt lol.

If I was rich I'd pay someone to get this online mode back, or to make something exactly like it. Waiting on the asiasoft release to try pso2, couldnt get the current jp version to work or get past the registering part lol.

SMUT
Mar 8, 2014, 05:48 PM
ok, i ended up installing the 3 files from that uk page, it says stuff was included like the random missions where fight for food is. I don't see any other mission. Anyone know how it works. I'd ask on that page but doesn't look like anyone has posted there since may of last year. I followed all the instructions.

If you cant really say on here, pm me. just curious if there is a point of running through the game again on my pc, since i already have it on my ps2. Extra missions would be sorta worth the little time.

Shadowcat9
Mar 12, 2014, 07:33 AM
its been years since PSU been dead due to lack of players then private had very less help but what i really need is the emotions and chats with the faces so i can be able to use those now thats what i need from sega wish they have the mods for that but other than that eh im not even up for reinstalling the game due to lack of fun junk to do and limited lobbies to go to for freedom to have fun with everything that i wish i could do and have fun with is gone so no need to wine over spilled milk i just stick around for PSO2 but DAMMIT PEOPLE WTH IS GOING ON CANT EVEN TALK TO NO ONE that game seems to be made for rich folks lmao dont get mad at my assumption its my point of view for what i went threw and wish i didnt have to go threw that massive pain and still have no friends on there i have a full friends list but no one speaks to me and no one be online im pretty much was heart broken and fed up on being a outcast cause i dont look like a million bucks or dont have all this special crap everybody got im not bein negative towards everybody but im still on lvl 22 and weak as hell and when i speak out for help on what to do i get shut out like im a instant ignore now on PSU people was happy to help new comers and always welcome them there but here on PSO2 its like if you dont look like or have a past connection with them then you can kiss that help goodbye lmao thats my point of view some of you all may have got help but sheesh i miss PSU alot and wish those good people carry to PSO2 so everybody can help each other and dont look at them like they noobs and cant do nothin...i been called weird and been ignored cause i wanna RP my character then some just trolled me and some just tell me some hurtful things about me when i need help yeah its simple for everybody got all sorts of great things but cmon wheres the helping hand people i dont wanna quit PSO2 but everytime i get on its the same thing if i see a new comer i be honored to help them without them begging for help....its my point of view remember i said that so please dont just attack me for my point of view be sure to reply with a sensible answer to what i said and how i felt about it im just a individual that crys for help and ask for what to do and how to do...its just that simple im just a outcast and alone everytime i get on

Lostbob117
Mar 16, 2014, 08:30 AM
its been years since PSU been dead due to lack of players then private had very less help but what i really need is the emotions and chats with the faces so i can be able to use those now thats what i need from sega wish they have the mods for that but other than that eh im not even up for reinstalling the game due to lack of fun junk to do and limited lobbies to go to for freedom to have fun with everything that i wish i could do and have fun with is gone so no need to wine over spilled milk i just stick around for PSO2 but DAMMIT PEOPLE WTH IS GOING ON CANT EVEN TALK TO NO ONE that game seems to be made for rich folks lmao dont get mad at my assumption its my point of view for what i went threw and wish i didnt have to go threw that massive pain and still have no friends on there i have a full friends list but no one speaks to me and no one be online im pretty much was heart broken and fed up on being a outcast cause i dont look like a million bucks or dont have all this special crap everybody got im not bein negative towards everybody but im still on lvl 22 and weak as hell and when i speak out for help on what to do i get shut out like im a instant ignore now on PSU people was happy to help new comers and always welcome them there but here on PSO2 its like if you dont look like or have a past connection with them then you can kiss that help goodbye lmao thats my point of view some of you all may have got help but sheesh i miss PSU alot and wish those good people carry to PSO2 so everybody can help each other and dont look at them like they noobs and cant do nothin...i been called weird and been ignored cause i wanna RP my character then some just trolled me and some just tell me some hurtful things about me when i need help yeah its simple for everybody got all sorts of great things but cmon wheres the helping hand people i dont wanna quit PSO2 but everytime i get on its the same thing if i see a new comer i be honored to help them without them begging for help....its my point of view remember i said that so please dont just attack me for my point of view be sure to reply with a sensible answer to what i said and how i felt about it im just a individual that crys for help and ask for what to do and how to do...its just that simple im just a outcast and alone everytime i get on

Do you think anyone is going to read this messy wall of text? Come on man, you at least could of made a neat wall.

Shadowcat9
Mar 16, 2014, 10:04 AM
Do you think anyone is going to read this messy wall of text? Come on man, you at least could of made a neat wall.

nope :3