PDA

View Full Version : Your greatest achievement in PSO2

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 06:42 PM
Hello guys, I made this thread because I want you to tell your greatest achievement yet in PSO2. Whether it be participating in a huge dance or defying all odds in a battle, It counts and can be posted here.

Personally, I haven't played the game yet as my package that I ordered containing it hasn't arrived yet sadly... (But If im lucky it should this Tuesday! So wish me luck on that!) --So because of that, I'll go back on my greatest achievement from Phantasy Star Portable 2 which was reaching level 100.

Yes I know alot of you have surpassed level 100. But for me it was a great accomplishment. Sadly though, I never passed level 100 as my PSP broke and couldn't play any disc-based games anymore. Though I will always remember the fun times I had while playing that game.

So how about the rest of you?

-Zessica

Lostbob117
Jul 6, 2013, 06:44 PM
I killed a Rappy.

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2013, 06:46 PM
+10ing a 10* weapon with zero failures

then I promptly started playing ranger to use the weapon, despite never actually really playing it before

I killed a Rappy.

I get it, because you deleted your character

Gardios
Jul 6, 2013, 06:49 PM
Since I haven't done anything worth mentioning gameplay-wise, I guess the greatest achievement of mine is having others use symbol art I made.

I should make more symbol art. :(

Macman
Jul 6, 2013, 06:52 PM
Witnessing three different 10* gunslashes drop in the span of 15 seconds in a City AQ.

Cypher_9
Jul 6, 2013, 07:03 PM
This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Esn3Ffkqh0

Mind you I have a 70 Dex, 30 Strike, 45 SDef, and 20 Rdef - Wing Units with SpritaIII and Stigma only. Using HU 55 /FI 55 and the nishiki since this was suppose to be a dagger solo run. If I am correct there is a difference in dodge speed when subbing FI using the daggers - I could be delusional in that aspect but it really did feel slower to me when I parried aka 'shift' dodge.

If anything I made this run harder for myself but, this was and is dedicated to something I want to do in the future; taken me at least two days (more like a day and some hours judging from the moments I did log in to practice this) to get it right... and the day came... ^^

Also this is my first time solo'ing anything bossy in PSO2... so its a nice return in that aspect.

AlaskanKactus
Jul 6, 2013, 07:08 PM
Witnessing three different 10* gunslashes drop in the span of 15 seconds in a City AQ.

Jeez, what kind of boosters did you have on?

HIT0SHI
Jul 6, 2013, 07:09 PM
Getting abducted back to back when trying to do some VH TACOs... >_>

Macman
Jul 6, 2013, 07:14 PM
Jeez, what kind of boosters did you have on?
None! It was all within one PSE burst. A friend got a Vraolet Zero and Daganslash one right after the other, then just a moment later I found a Gunbraver. The RNG works in bizzare ways, man.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 07:18 PM
This

Way of the Murasaki-nin 0 // ???? [PSO2 Dagger Solo EX Finale] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Esn3Ffkqh0)

Mind you I have a 70 Dex, 30 Strike, 45 SDef, and 20 Rdef - Wing Units with SpritaIII and Stigma only. Using HU 55 /FI 55 and the nishiki since this was suppose to be a dagger solo run. If I am correct there is a difference in dodge speed when subbing FI using the daggers - I could be delusional in that aspect but it really did feel slower to me when I parried aka 'shift' dodge.

If anything I made this run harder for myself but, this was and is dedicated to something I want to do in the future; taken me at least two days (more like a day and some hours judging from the moments I did log in to practice this) to get it right... and the day came... ^^

Also this is my first time solo'ing anything bossy in PSO2... so its a nice return in that aspect.
That's awesome! I remember going head to head solo with bosses on PSP2. The fights were great and I felt so accomplished when I finally defeated them. What ship are you on?

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 07:21 PM
Getting abducted back to back when trying to do some VH TACOs... >_>

I've seen a video of a person getting abducted lol, Those energy spheres come out of nowhere! And running from them is crazy! lol I can imagine me stumbling upon one of those while in a party and running for my life. Hahah

AlaskanKactus
Jul 6, 2013, 07:21 PM
None! It was all within one PSE burst. A friend got a Vraolet Zero and Daganslash one right after the other, then just a moment later I found a Gunbraver. The RNG works in bizzare ways, man.

Holy crap, sounds like a good day :O

The Walrus
Jul 6, 2013, 07:25 PM
Not dropping the game yet

Ezodagrom
Jul 6, 2013, 07:27 PM
I've seen a video of a person getting abducted lol, Those energy spheres come out of nowhere! And running from them is crazy! lol I can imagine me stumbling upon one of those while in a party and running for my life. Hahah
He didn't mean that type of abduction, he meant the darker's den.
When starting a time attack quest in very hard mode, rarely the party may be abducted to the darker's den. It's pretty much a rare time attack quest.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 07:38 PM
He didn't mean that type of abduction, he meant the darker's den.
When starting a time attack quest in very hard mode, rarely the party may be abducted to the darker's den. It's pretty much a rare time attack quest.

Ah, Sorry, Im not aware of all (If any) of the terms people use for PSO2. I don't know what a Gunslash etc that were mentioned above are either. Im figuring they're weapons. It just keeps me wanting to get my copy of the game on Tuesday so I can play the game and experience the whole thing for myself!

-Zessica

TheAstarion
Jul 6, 2013, 07:42 PM
Reviving myself with a moon atomizer... with all 5 of my moons in one run.

With 350ms latency a moon atomizer is often a death sentence. With 350ms latency, that death can sometimes be mitigated by, well, the moon catching you when the server decides to check for viable revival targets.

Second best achievement... Meeting the guy who got a psycho wand from the second ever Falz.

Ezodagrom
Jul 6, 2013, 07:44 PM
Ah, Sorry, Im not aware of all (If any) of the terms people use for PSO2. I don't know what a Gunslash etc that were mentioned above are either. Im figuring they're weapons. It just keeps me wanting to get my copy of the game on Tuesday so I can play the game and experience the whole thing for myself!

-Zessica
^^;
Gunslash is a weapon type, pretty much works like a blade and gun in one weapon.
Also, when you get the game, have fun. ^^

Anyway, my greatest achievement, I guess it's not giving up on recording videos of quests... xD
I enjoy recording videos, but sometimes it's more frustrating than fun (for example, having to wait for a quiet time at home since there's often people around and I can't really focus well when they're here, then I also have alot of runs where I repeatedly mess up with really simple things, and so on...)

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 07:53 PM
Reviving myself with a moon atomizer... with all 5 of my moons in one run.

With 350ms latency a moon atomizer is often a death sentence. With 350ms latency, that death can sometimes be mitigated by, well, the moon catching you when the server decides to check for viable revival targets.

Second best achievement... Meeting the guy who got a psycho wand from the second ever Falz.

Sounds incredibly lucky if you ask me lol

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 07:54 PM
^^;
Gunslash is a weapon type, pretty much works like a blade and gun in one weapon.
Also, when you get the game, have fun. ^^

Anyway, my greatest achievement, I guess it's not giving up on recording videos of quests... xD
I enjoy recording videos, but sometimes it's more frustrating than fun (for example, having to wait for a quiet time at home since there's often people around and I can't really focus well when they're here, then I also have alot of runs where I repeatedly mess up with really simple things, and so on...)

Ah, Thanks for letting me know that. I can totally relate to the whole video thing though, It would be the same for me if I was recording a video and people were talking and doing things in the background. I'd get distracted alot!

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jul 6, 2013, 07:55 PM
Finding this rare beauty had to be my greatest achievement in this game.

[spoiler-box]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/9052598763_aae9aabb4f_b.jpg[/spoiler-box]

TheAstarion
Jul 6, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sounds incredibly lucky if you ask me lol

It makes up for my luck with drops. In 4000 hours playtime, the rarest thing I found was a moderately powerful partizan, Regal Lancer. Almost all my gear are welfare rares, and I know people who seem to have won Sega's lottery, finding best-in-class true rares that sell for 20 million meseta or more, for multiple types.

Mooning myself is all I got!

Zipzo
Jul 6, 2013, 08:13 PM
I posted this in the "Guides" forum for discussion (and showing off) purposes but...full field boss run without taking damage...as a TE/HU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA39jDmhaD0

I am pretty proud of it because it's not a commonly picked class combination and it took a size-able amount of effort to learn how to "perfect" some of those bosses as a melee without step or just guard, while shooting for good times as well. So I may be boasting slightly over it but this is probably the toughest thing I've done while playing PSO2.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 08:23 PM

[spoiler-box]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/9052598763_aae9aabb4f_b.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Awwwww, That's so cute! Congratulations!

Gama
Jul 6, 2013, 08:26 PM
my greatest achievement in pso2:

i had fun.

i break my record every day.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 08:28 PM
It makes up for my luck with drops. In 4000 hours playtime, the rarest thing I found was a moderately powerful partizan, Regal Lancer. Almost all my gear are welfare rares, and I know people who seem to have won Sega's lottery, finding best-in-class true rares that sell for 20 million meseta or more, for multiple types.

Mooning myself is all I got!

Hahah, I was a rare weapon/item hunter back in PSP2, I plan on continuing that in PSO2. So if you ever want to hunt and find rare weapons with me then that'd be great! (When I get the game this Tuesday hopefully lol.) --How is the currency system in PSO2? I remember back in Phantasy Star Portable I had about 8 million meseta from selling weapons, picking up meseta on hard runs (Maybe 800-1,000 maybe even more for an enemy defeated?) and in PSP2 I had around 5 million, Is it easy to gain Meseta? I would imagine so right? --Anyway, Congratulations on your find!

-Zessica

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2013, 08:29 PM

i had fun.

Are we talking significant increases in fun every day, as in you weren't having much fun at first? Or only minimal gains, and you were having any amount of fun at first but will eventually stop breaking your record? Or is this a fun asymptote we're looking at here?

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 08:30 PM

i had fun.

Im sure Im going to be breaking that record everyday right along side you! I can't wait to get the game!

Gama
i just have fun and feel like i had more fun then i had in the other day.

i call it an achievement.

Gardios
Are we talking significant increases in fun every day, as in you weren't having much fun at first? Or only minimal gains, and you were having any amount of fun at first but will eventually stop breaking your record? Or is this a fun asymptote we're looking at here?

Maybe he had a lot of fun at the beginning and every day is significantly more fun. He'll soon apporach the point of hysteria.

Gama, please be careful with your future PSO2 endeavours.

gravityvx
Jul 6, 2013, 08:33 PM
I only get 100 fun per day someone tell me your secrets.

The Walrus
Jul 6, 2013, 08:37 PM
Send good jobs with text to 10 people on your friends list. Acquire premium

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2013, 08:39 PM
Maybe he had a lot of fun at the beginning and every day is significantly more fun. He'll soon apporach the point of hysteria.

Gama, please be careful with your future PSO2 endeavours.

Yeah this could get dangerous, at least wear a helmet Gama.

Z-0
Jul 6, 2013, 08:45 PM
Guess my greatest achievement so far was clearing Naberius 2 TA in 3:22 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpgEU0k4-BQ).

Achieving things with friends is fun rather than personal accomplishments, and it's satisfying getting to something together.

Shame there's not too much of that in PSO2.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 08:47 PM
I only get 100 fun per day someone tell me your secrets.

First you wake up in the morning, After about 2 hours of sleep. Then you take a shower and think of all of the fun your going to have while playing PSO2. The once your ready hop on PSO2 tag up with some friends and have a grand ol' time. Keep having a grand ol' time for the rest of the day until about 8am, Fall asleep for 2 hours, Then wake back up and repeat the process. Doing this step day by day will ensure that you get the maximum output of fun from your Phantasy Star Online 2 experience. --Have fun trying this method! lol.

-Zessica

supersonix9
Jul 6, 2013, 09:01 PM
Finding and +10-ing both Holy Ray and Flame Visit.

That, and becoming fabulous.

EvilMag
Jul 6, 2013, 09:06 PM
Finding and +10-ing both Holy Ray and Flame Visit.

That, and becoming fabulous.

What about finding that ERROR weapon?

Zorafim
Jul 6, 2013, 09:11 PM
My greatest accomplishment? Creating a character I love to play as. After that, nothing really matters.

supersonix9
Jul 6, 2013, 10:00 PM
Guess my greatest achievement so far was clearing Naberius 2 TA in 3:22 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpgEU0k4-BQ)

Might I ask what the stat build was for your mag at the time?

That was just funny.

Z-0
Jul 6, 2013, 10:12 PM
169 or 170 R-Atk or something.

supersonix9
Jul 6, 2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks.

Zessica
Jul 6, 2013, 10:22 PM

ERROR weapon? please do tell!

strikerhunter
Jul 6, 2013, 11:24 PM
Greatest Achievement?---Epic City AQ (3 GU/RAs with me being GU/HU)
Upon entrance: Code-Kill them 8 rappies, then right after that code (like 5 steps north) code-clones which dropped me Acidase, then after that bout 5min later got a 15min cross burst, then towards the end of it a code attack got triggered which went to a changeover code having to kill Gwanda Nero who dropped me a Demolition Comet, after that had another 5min burst ending with a Ragne appearing after a changover code-destruction, then after that area 2 gave my party a total of 20min burst as the city grew red, and to end the epic run I told my party that we where going to get a rare/boosted boss and ended up getting an Argni to end the mission.

Second Greatest Achievement: Killing my own clone in the mission right after I was finished with Darkers Den after finishing my TACOs.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
Finding ardillo back when it was the thing in hard mode (and i was actually looking for it).

Exiled_Gundam
Jul 7, 2013, 12:19 AM
Acquired Ely Sion and Flame Visit XD

ShinKai
Jul 7, 2013, 01:07 AM
I got past the captcha and made a PSO2 account. Hardest achievement in my PSO career, it was. :)

Zorafim
Jul 7, 2013, 01:09 AM
I got past the captcha and made a PSO2 account. Hardest achievement in my PSO career, it was. :)

Can I change my answer to this one?

strikerhunter
Jul 7, 2013, 01:15 AM
Can I change my answer to this one?

No but it can be one of your greatest achievements.

LK1721
Jul 7, 2013, 01:29 AM
This.

Noc Codez
Jul 7, 2013, 01:34 AM
Mine would be finding my Falclaws then unlocking the potential for them hardest grinding ever !

JNMeiun
Jul 7, 2013, 01:37 AM
still working on it. not even close to done, but would already consider this to be it.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbcb0f7ccee17d90f6097285be04a043/tumblr_mpgfly4djY1rsw7teo1_400.png

also
http://puu.sh/3wV67.png

but this is hardly an original unlike the first one. basically just hand importing a face from desktop wall paper.

cant draw by hand, bad tremors when putting index to thumb and applying pressure. that leaves only vector art, 3d modeling and primitives. probably spend almost as much time in the symbol art editor as playing... ^^;

.Jack
Jul 7, 2013, 01:46 AM
Reaching a 10 digit amount a while ago and having one of the new 11* pyro weapons I'd say tops my personal list.

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2013, 01:54 AM
Greatest achievement? Well, considering roughly 97% of the things in this game are luck-based, and have nothing at all to do with actual technique or skill, I'd say joining a nice team with my friends.

Ryock
Jul 7, 2013, 02:29 AM
Greatest achievement? Well, considering roughly 97% of the things in this game are luck-based, and have nothing at all to do with actual technique or skill, I'd say joining a nice team with my friends.

Was gonna say something similar actually, as luck is hardly an accomplishment. 1200+ hours I guess? I can't come up with anything neat.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 03:27 AM

How are things luck based? Can you give me an example?

jooozek
Jul 7, 2013, 03:40 AM
how are things luck based? try to get a psycho wand

Macman
Jul 7, 2013, 03:58 AM
How are things luck based? Can you give me an example?
Rare finds are luck based. Grinding items is luck based. These are likely to be the majority of posts in this thread.

Just about the only things that aren't completely luck based that you can strive for in this game is soloing a boss with 0 damage, or getting some insane TA times.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 06:26 AM
Rare finds are luck based. Grinding items is luck based. These are likely to be the majority of posts in this thread.

Just about the only things that aren't completely luck based that you can strive for in this game is soloing a boss with 0 damage, or getting some insane TA times.

Ah okay, I figured as much. I thought there was some new gameplay mechanic that was completely dependent on ones luck or something lol. All of that aside, Lets get back on topic everyone! --Your greatest Achievement in PSO2?

-Zessica

RadiantLegend
Jul 7, 2013, 08:21 AM
Black King Bar. Thats about it. I hate rares in this game.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2013, 08:27 AM
Was gonna say something similar actually, as luck is hardly an accomplishment. 1200+ hours I guess? I can't come up with anything neat.

Yup, that was the point of my post. My greatest achievement is being chosen by the RNG.

HaxMega
Jul 7, 2013, 08:31 AM
Well I don't know if you can consider this an accomplishment or not, but I just finished my 100th Falz boosted on a 250% rare up in a row without getting an 11* weapon and haven't missed a single boosted Elder. (I started counting on the first boosted Elder 2 1/2 weeks ago.)

If that doesn't count, I guess my Degash Talis would be my greatest. It's the only AQ exclusive 10* I've ever had drop for me after 4000 hours logged.

angrysquid
Jul 7, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm still playing the game .. In some way that's an accomplishment to me, I guess

Exiled_Gundam
Jul 7, 2013, 11:56 AM
Hmm if non-RNG..
Managed to scored 99999 damage, using red sword.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 12:10 PM
I'm still playing the game .. In some way that's an accomplishment to me, I guess

The game is so fun Im surprised that you're surprised that you're still playing! lol

Jakosifer
Jul 7, 2013, 12:24 PM
Getting a 10* to potential 3 without spending 4748292974748822 meseta.

The game is so fun Im surprised that you're surprised that you're still playing! lol

Huuuh. What level are you?

gravityvx
Jul 7, 2013, 12:36 PM

Oh yeah, it's all fun and games until....

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/z023hV3.jpg
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/nxdaCcI.jpg
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/TIeOi6C.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 12:43 PM
Getting a 10* to potential 3 without spending 4748292974748822 meseta.

Huuuh. What level are you?

Oh, lol I don't actually have the game yet, (If im lucky I'll get my package containing it this Tuesday!) My computer can't run it lol. But based on previous experience on other Phantasy Star games I can tell this game is going to be absolutely wonderful!

AlaskanKactus
Jul 7, 2013, 01:10 PM
Picking this game back up after dropping it last Fall.

I'm more in love with the game than I was before. I don't see myself dropping it anytime soon since EP2 is around the corner.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 02:16 PM
Picking this game back up after dropping it last Fall.

I'm more in love with the game than I was before. I don't see myself dropping it anytime soon since EP2 is around the corner.

I wonder what Episode 2 is going to be like, funny because I haven't even started Episode 1 lmao.

GreenArcher
Jul 7, 2013, 04:02 PM
Finding two Holy Rays within a minute. Both were boxed, I assumed they were red rifles..

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 05:08 PM
Finding two Holy Rays within a minute. Both were boxed, I assumed they were red rifles..

Holy Rays? Sounds rare. Is that a new weapon in PSO2 or has it appeared in other games?

HIT0SHI
Jul 7, 2013, 05:18 PM
Holy Rays? Sounds rare. Is that a new weapon in PSO2 or has it appeared in other games?

It has appeared in PSO1 and PSU, it's a rifle:

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3% 83%AC%E3%82%A4

Dnd
Jul 7, 2013, 05:44 PM

[spoiler-box]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/9052598763_aae9aabb4f_b.jpg[/spoiler-box]Oh you~ <3
[SPOILER-BOX]Pictured: a rare moment when horo is calm....http://imageshack.us/a/img526/6243/fkta.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aside from finding the wisest (and cutest) wolf, my second greatest achievement in this game has to be finding a great team and bunch of friends who, without them I wouldn't be playing pso2 today....

My best item related thing has to be that gigas spinner I found back in February, went to +10 in 22 grinders and everything affixed first go, even the fodders. It was godlike....

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 09:03 PM
Oh you~ <3
[SPOILER-BOX]Pictured: a rare moment when horo is calm....http://imageshack.us/a/img526/6243/fkta.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aside from finding the wisest (and cutest) wolf, my second greatest achievement in this game has to be finding a great team and bunch of friends who, without them I wouldn't be playing pso2 today....

My best item related thing has to be that gigas spinner I found back in February, went to +10 in 22 grinders and everything affixed first go, even the fodders. It was godlike....

You're quite the fortunate person! I hope I have a similar experience when I play the game! lol

As for weapons, Im sure I'll find a ton of extremely rare ones. Im a "certified" rare weapon/item hunter after all.

-Zessica

The Walrus
Jul 7, 2013, 09:09 PM
That's what they all say. Then the RNG tears them a new one :3

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 09:13 PM
That's what they all say. Then the RNG tears them a new one :3

What is RNG? I keep hearing about it but can't guess what it is for the life of me. Is it some new gameplay mechanic that determines what you get when an enemy drops something or something like that? Or am I waaaaay off and have no idea what Im talking about? lol

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 09:22 PM
What is RNG? I keep hearing about it but can't guess what it is for the life of me. Is it some new gameplay mechanic that determines what you get when an enemy drops something or something like that? Or am I waaaaay off and have no idea what Im talking about? lol

it's the law and power of DuDu+^_^+ DuDu is GOD and RNG is the holy light shined on all of us+^_^+

RNG is an acronym for Random Number Generator, it's how SEGAC randomizes whether things succeed or fail, by having a pool of numbers ad then having the computer pick one at random, the larger the pool, the less likely a certain number is picked, they just attach a number to items that drop, or grind successes and whatnot+^_^+ it's not truly random, nothing about computers could ever truly be random, but it's pretty close+^_^+ i think RNGs use the system clock and split the current millisecond to like a thousand decimals and pick the middle number or something like that, not sure+^_^+

you can play with an RNG at Random.org +^_^+

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 09:37 PM
it's the law and power of DuDu+^_^+ DuDu is GOD and RNG is the holy light shined on all of us+^_^+

RNG is an acronym for Random Number Generator, it's how SEGAC randomizes whether things succeed or fail, by having a pool of numbers ad then having the computer pick one at random, the larger the pool, the less likely a certain number is picked, they just attach a number to items that drop, or grind successes and whatnot+^_^+ it's not truly random, nothing about computers could ever truly be random, but it's pretty close+^_^+ i think RNGs use the system clock and split the current millisecond to like a thousand decimals and pick the middle number or something like that, not sure+^_^+

Ooooh a random number generator! I never would've guessed that lol. Thanks for telling me that and fior the link. --By the way, Is the avatar in your signature based off of KOS-MOS from Xenosaga?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 09:41 PM
Ooooh a random number generator! I never would've guessed that lol. Thanks for telling me that and fior the link. --By the way, Is the avatar in your signature based off of KOS-MOS from Xenosaga?

The opposite of the Human condition, Strong body, weak soul+^_^+

anyway, my greatest achievement in PSO2 thus far would be convincing at least one old PSU friend to come play+^_^+

Macman
Jul 7, 2013, 09:59 PM
As for weapons, Im sure I'll find a ton of extremely rare ones. Im a "certified" rare weapon/item hunter after all.
Mmm, such innocent enthusiasm. This game's going to have fun with you. :-P

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 10:00 PM
The opposite of the Human condition, Strong body, weak soul+^_^+

anyway, my greatest achievement in PSO2 thus far would be convincing at least one old PSU friend to come play+^_^+

Well that's good, To have people you're familiar with to play with you :3

Zipzo
Jul 7, 2013, 10:04 PM

While this is...quite informative about what a random number generator is...doesn't quite answer the question.

RNG is generally the term gamers often use to describe an element of the game they can't control because it's based on chance, without influence of skill or hard work/effort.

Since based off of the above definition of the acronym, you can see that a RNG is essentially a way of making something "random", players often do not like "RNG" so there's a negative connotation to it most of the time the word is used.

I think most games have algorithms and programming built in to decide certain factors you might identify as being "random", and probably very rarely actually use a legitimate random number generator as defined above, so for the most part these days it's generally just a broad term used to describe anything in a game that can only be achieved by luck.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 10:04 PM
Mmm, such innocent enthusiasm. This game's going to have fun with you. :-P

I will shatter this games hopes and dreams of ever breaking my weapon hunting skills! lol Well hopefully I'll have some luck finding some rare/powerful weapons lol.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 10:11 PM
While this is...quite informative about what a random number generator is...doesn't quite answer the question.

RNG is generally the term gamers often use to describe an element of the game they can't control because it's based on chance, without influence of skill or hard work/effort.

Since based off of the above definition of the acronym, you can see that a RNG is essentially a way of making something "random", players often do not like "RNG" so there's a negative connotation to it most of the time the word is used.

I think most games have algorithms and programming built in to decide certain factors you might identify as being "random", and probably very rarely actually use a legitimate random number generator as defined above, so for the most part these days it's generally just a broad term used to describe anything in a game that can only be achieved by luck.

Well if it's luck you're talking about then mine definately hasn't run out yet! I'll find some pretty rare weapons/items when I get to playing the game. (Only two more days!)

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 10:18 PM
Well if it's luck you're talking about then mine definately hasn't run out yet! I'll find some pretty rare weapons/items when I get to playing the game. (Only two more days!)

your not on yet?? waiting for something? +^_^+

Zipzo
Jul 7, 2013, 10:25 PM

Read OP.

Presumedly, they ordered the special package and they're waiting for that to get it installed instead of downloading it now.

Though I can't help but ache a little for your naivety (Zessica) in thinking that some of the horrible luck based woes of this game won't affect you when you haven't even played it yet.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 10:35 PM
Read OP.

Presumedly, they ordered the special package and they're waiting for that to get it installed instead of downloading it now.

Though I can't help but ache a little for your naivety (Zessica) in thinking that some of the horrible luck based woes of this game won't affect you when you haven't even played it yet.

didn't read OP, my hungover dyslexia kicked in and i kinda thought this was the Accomplishments thread.... i am very dumb you see, not even worth the keyboard I'm typing on (continues self deprecation rant in head)+^_^+
i feel very inadequate as a human being now.....

and yes, drop rates and grind rates reflect Free to Play very well (meaning, take what PSU had, and divide the success rate by a factor of 1 million)+^_^+ I've only ever even seen one Holy Ray rifle for instance and that's been out for a good while now+^_^+

エース
Jul 7, 2013, 10:51 PM
I'm still playing after a year.

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 10:56 PM

Yes I am in fact! lol Im waiting on my package containing my copy of the game for the PS Vita to arrive xD It's supposed to come on this Tuesday though so only 2 more days!

-I really can't wait to play it xD

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 11:04 PM
Read OP.

Yes, It's true I ordered the special package for my PS Vita, The only reason I haven't started playing it now though is because my current computer can't run it. (It's too much for it to handle.) lol so I ordered it for PS Vita instead of making a JP account. Because, As some of you may know, Once you enter in your PSN name into your Vita that name becomes tied into it's hardware. And the only way to change that is to factory reset your PS Vita. Then format your memory card so it can work on the new (JP PSN Account.) And since I value my data and gamesaves too much for me to do that, I didn't. And yes, Im aware that I could have bought another memory card to download PSO2 and bypass all of the above I mentioned. But I didn't find that out until It was too late. (I had already ordered the package.) Furthermore, I know it's not going to be as easy to find rare weapons/items as Im making it out to be. Im just being overly optimistic because, Well, That's who I am! lol. So Im not completely naive in the sense that I know it's going to be a bit of a challenge. But nontheless, My hopes are high.

-Zessica

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 11:08 PM
didn't read OP, my hungover dyslexia kicked in and i kinda thought this was the Accomplishments thread.... i am very dumb you see, not even worth the keyboard I'm typing on (continues self deprecation rant in head)+^_^+
i feel very inadequate as a human being now.....

and yes, drop rates and grind rates reflect Free to Play very well (meaning, take what PSU had, and divide the success rate by a factor of 1 million)+^_^+ I've only ever even seen one Holy Ray rifle for instance and that's been out for a good while now+^_^+

I have my moments too xD The picture I was sent of the Holy Ray looked really familiar, Like I've seen it in PSP2 or something. But I don't know since apparantly it wasn't in that game lol. Maybe Im just getting visions of all the cool weapons :3

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 7, 2013, 11:16 PM
this will always be my greatest achievement :D
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181053_007_zps29dc4543.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181330_012_zps244f1586.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_180916_004_zps7cd1bdc2.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181418_013_zpsd47dfc2b.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 11:20 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181053_007_zps29dc4543.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181330_012_zps244f1586.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_180916_004_zps7cd1bdc2.png
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii513/ValkyrieLovrina/pso20130411_181418_013_zpsd47dfc2b.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Awwww! :3 How did you manage to pull that off? xD It looks to perfect the way she looks surprised by the kiss. x3

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 11:24 PM
I have my moments too xD The picture I was sent of the Holy Ray looked really familiar, Like I've seen it in PSP2 or something. But I don't know since apparently it wasn't in that game lol. Maybe Im just getting visions of all the cool weapons :3

well, here's another of the Holy Ray, Cambrian was using it during my 1st sanctum TA, sorry about the quality, snapped this pic from a youtube vid that had been encoded like 3 times+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i43.tinypic.com/nz1yeg.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

what is that lobby action??? i must know!! +^_^+ (all the かわいい pics....)

Zessica
Jul 7, 2013, 11:32 PM
well, here's another of the Holy Ray, Cambrian was using it during my 1st sanctum TA, sorry about the quality, snapped this pic from a youtube vid that had been encoded like 3 times+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i43.tinypic.com/nz1yeg.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

what is that lobby action??? i must know!! +^_^+ (all the かわいい pics....)

Ah, The weapon looks cool. Im really getting tempted to just erase all of my files on my Vita and make a JP account just to play now lmfao. But I must wait!

ARChan
Jul 7, 2013, 11:59 PM
Lol at everyone commenting Lovrina's weapon XD But really, I see someone else in the pic = w=

Anyway, my greatest achievement would be helping newbies and seeing them grow up into awesome folks ^_^ (Sounding like an old hag)

Other than that, my greatest achievement is being the one who puts hug in HUGU in my team. Most of them are HUFIs and RAHUs. Haha!

Zessica
Jul 8, 2013, 12:07 AM
Lol at everyone commenting Lovrina's weapon XD But really, I see someone else in the pic = w=

Anyway, my greatest achievement would be helping newbies and seeing them grow up into awesome folks ^_^ (Sounding like an old hag)

Other than that, my greatest achievement is being one of the very few dedicated Gunners in my team. Most of them are HUFIs and RAHUs.

Aww that's really nice of you! Maybe you can help me? :3 xD

--Aside from that, I wouldn't know the difference between a good and a bad gunner yet since I haven't recieved my copy of the game lol. HUFI? RAHU? I don't know what those mean....yet lmao.

The Walrus
Jul 8, 2013, 12:11 AM
Hunter sub Fighter and Ranger sub Hunter

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 8, 2013, 12:12 AM
what is that lobby action??? i must know!! +^_^+ (all the かわいい pics....)/la Peep
追加ロビーアクション15

Chik'Tikka
Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 AM
/la Peep
追加ロビーアクション15

thx, imma look to how many millions it's gonna cost tomorrow night+^_^+ if i get it imma have to stalk you til your AFK Lov+^_^+

RedRaz0r
Jul 8, 2013, 02:09 AM
I died 15 times in one AQ

Zessica
Jul 8, 2013, 05:56 AM
I died 15 times in one AQ

That sounds pretty unfortunate, That's your greatest achievement?

AgemFrostMage
Jul 8, 2013, 04:12 PM
I unlocked matterboard 11 somehow without even unlocking 10 and only very little of 9.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 04:16 PM
The MB's actually fork at 9 and 11. MB 9 and 10 were originally exclusive to vita players, while MB 11 was exclusive to PC players. This was when the vita version was brand new. After a month or two both were made available to everyone.

(Actually it was just exclusively unlocked on those platforms, you could unlock it on one then complete it on whatever you wanted, but :details: )

Ezodagrom
Jul 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
The MB's actually fork at 9 and 11. MB 9 and 10 were originally exclusive to vita players, while MB 11 was exclusive to PC players. This was when the vita version was brand new. After a month or two both were made available to everyone.

(Actually it was just exclusively unlocked on those platforms, you could unlock it on one then complete it on whatever you wanted, but :details: )
Pretty much this.
Also MB11 is an extra chapter, side-story chapter, while MB9 and 10 are normal chapters (chapter 9 and 10).

Zessica
Jul 8, 2013, 09:54 PM
Don't let such a good thread die! A bump a day will keep the fanbase this way!

Zessica
Jul 9, 2013, 07:21 AM
~Hyper Bump!~

HIT0SHI
Jul 9, 2013, 07:24 AM
Isn't the topic of this thread the same as this one?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198507

Zessica
Jul 9, 2013, 11:42 AM
Isn't the topic of this thread the same as this one?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198507

Don't think of it that way! Besides, This thread is for anyones greatest achievement whether it be dying 100 times in a row or making a ton of friends. It might be similar, But hey, Who cares? :3 (I didn't even notice that other thread when I made this one to be fair lmao)

HIT0SHI
Jul 9, 2013, 12:44 PM
That thread is usually on page 1 on the forums due to bumped every so often, I often get confused with this thread in comparison to the other one because i think it's the same topic. But heck, what do i know....

Zeik2006
Jul 9, 2013, 06:14 PM
I don't know if this count, but the other day I killed the Falz arms during the train mode with a perfect block.

Most beautiful block ever, and I laughed pretty hard when it happened.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 9, 2013, 07:08 PM
Today I ran in the ruins very hard free explore, what do I hear? The Ragne roar! I need to kill Ragne for a matterboard completion, so I stick to fight it this time. I clear out monsters, engage with the fish in staring contest so they prepare to move so I don't get hit while chargingand casting zondeel then kill with safoie, and... Dark Agrini appears -_- I run back and forth between the cyclops monsters and Agrini, who follows me and I must dodge the red zan blades. I start fighting it then a random party comes to my rescue! I moon a dead one and heal while still putting out damage. At least I get a level 14 elder rebellion out of it. It is a great skill from the video I watched. Forget hunter, I make my free CAST on episode II a ranger =)

Frostwitch
Jul 10, 2013, 02:35 AM
Well the other day, I was training to reach level 50 on my hunter class. I was playing Border Break on Very Hard with a great multi-party. The amazing thing was around the 35th time in Border Break, we got PSE Burst which suddenly became a Cross Burst! It was a great laggy massacre on my vita, but my goodness. There was a street of meseta and rare weapons at the end. Had to make 5 trips. With that said, I'm glad I'm level 50 now. The bosses and the few rare ones we fought never stood a chance. So looking forward to episode 2 as well.

suzaku0zero0
Jul 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
One day I was doing vh TA alter, I was new and stuck with people who died a lot

After the 7th death we reached the end of map 2 when SUDDENLY a red worm appeared. Fighting it was tough cuz it kept digging and popin out like a jack in a box.

To make things worst, it's long lost blue cousin joined the fray. We had 2 RA, using the launch cluster bullet PA, so it was a mess of explosions. Things kept going in and out of the ground, people flew in the air and died on the way down.

Suddenly long lost daddy appeared and crash landed into the middle. We all died but a party member used a ac revive to bring himself back. We all got revived and managed to kill the boss

The end

Ps the boss dropped an untek sword