PDA

View Full Version : Guide lil' RANT: "No weak Bullet? This block sucks" REALLY?

MegaZoneXE
Jul 7, 2013, 02:00 AM
For those who come to said block, on said emergency quest(falz), only to complain about the Multi party they are in simple because the players are not dependent on any specific class or class skill(weak bullet), this is what you could do:

- Bring your own weak bullet since you feel its the ONLY WAY to succeed

- Move to a different block since u feel the ENTIRE player base of said block is a "NOOB" and dont know what they are doing.

- If you are experiencing noob like behavior in said party and cant move to another block then hope for the best or DEAL WITH IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4mVpezJAhc

holmwood
Jul 7, 2013, 02:09 AM
Japanese players never complain. :P

jooozek
Jul 7, 2013, 02:12 AM
you guys on b20 have it tough

TaigaUC
Jul 7, 2013, 02:12 AM
- Sink a fortune of real cash to gear up quickly.
- Play a better game.

It's true that I've never seen Japanese players complaining during Falz. They just say stuff like, "a bit early for shock" or "hey.." or "you can't break the lowest arms", and so on.
I've never seen a Japanese player burst out and start abusing other people. There was one guy who spammed the UNBREAKABLE Symbol Art every few seconds for an entire run. He met my blacklist pretty quick.
I do see international players openly abusing each other all the time and being rude in general.

When waiting at the teleporter for Falz, I often see Japanese people complaining about foreigners being scary because they play like crap. "My last run was a nightmare!", etc.
In my experience though, lately it seems like everyone in general has been sucking.

NoiseHERO
Jul 7, 2013, 02:16 AM
The only thing falz effieciency related that anyone with a brain should be caring about is the hands mission for max exp.

If I am in an mpa though I usually wait to see if people are doing things as planned. But if it's taking too long I hust started The D Arch up.

strikerhunter
Jul 7, 2013, 02:22 AM
In my experience though, lately it seems like everyone in general has been sucking.

Because most b20 original falz runners goes to other blocks to run falz to avoid "noobs".

Although I think most burst out in rage, etc. because no one listens or keeps doing the same repeated mistake after being told by not 1 but 2+ players over-n-over. It's like giving an advice to a new player on how to do better only to see the new player doing the same thing again-n-again.

This is why lately me and my team had been organizing team falz runs now instead of random MPAs.

Rien
Jul 7, 2013, 02:24 AM
Considering the weapons are apparently all main body drops, you shouldn't complain about not breaking every part, unless you wanted the units.

Zyrusticae
Jul 7, 2013, 02:54 AM
It's all random anyway. Sometimes I get uber-badass MPAs where Falz Elder dies in the space of 2 (yes, two) minutes, other times I end up getting stuck in a group where people shock him within the first minute and beat on him constantly on unbreakable areas, and the block I'm in has pretty much nothing to do with that.

There's a wide range of player skill in the game, and that's just something we all have to accept (or else play exclusively with people you know aren't terrible).

Amasami
Jul 7, 2013, 03:03 AM
You go Mega!

SakoHaruo
Jul 7, 2013, 03:06 AM
Maybe you all should start doing Falz team runs, problem solved?

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2013, 03:10 AM
Weak Bullet is the most OP skill in the game by far, and seriously needs to be nerfed. That aside...

The most important thing to do in the Falz Elder fight is to kill him asap. Even if it means not breaking all the arms. I know when Falz was new, everyone was always very concerned about breaking every arm, but it's just not that important.

I'm not saying we should shock right from the start. The quickest way to kill Elder is to save the shocks until after he regrows his arms, and to try to time them right. If everyone is able to attack breakable arms, don't try to shock if possible. But the second that you can't attack breakable arms, you should be trying to shock.

However, if you notice that the players in the MPA are very strong, you might be able to shock like crazy and destroy all the arms super fast. This is usually the case for Elder fight #2. Typically all of the arms get destroyed in two shocks and the fight lasts for 2 or 3 minutes.

So why the big rush trying to kill Elder asap? That's because the best way to get rare items like Psycho Wand are to have multiple characters and fight Elder multiple times. For the players who have 3, 4 or even 5 characters, it's very important that Elder dies fast, so they can get more runs in during the 30 minutes the quest is available. Also, many people use rare drop rate boost tickets so the quicker the fights are, the more runs they can use their tickets on.

If you only have one character, you should still do your best to kill Elder asap to help out the players who are trying to get his rares.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 03:10 AM

I like that thinking+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HxiZBEAKTc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HxiZBEAKTc

on a side note, blocks 27,28,29 tend to be very good places to find efficient players during falz, many are warmed up from AQs+^_^+

UnLucky
Jul 7, 2013, 03:11 AM
Whenever I form a party I make sure to bring a Ranger

But now that Falz happens twice daily at the minimum I just queue up solo for a single arm run for Elder.

Haven't missed a break in a long time, even without any WB, so unless the group is also crap then there's nothing to worry about.

NoiseHERO
Jul 7, 2013, 03:18 AM
Weak Bullet is the most OP skill in the game by far, and seriously needs to be nerfed. That aside...

Do you really think you're going to get away with that statement by added a wall of text after the most important, ended with a "that aside?"

PSOW will never let you take a free jab like that.

Unless I point it out first. : D

UnLucky
Jul 7, 2013, 03:19 AM
WB would be crazy good at "only" 2x damage for the entire multiparty

Inazuma
Jul 7, 2013, 03:41 AM
Do you really think you're going to get away with that statement by added a wall of text after the most important, ended with a "that aside?"

PSOW will never let you take a free jab like that.

Unless I point it out first. : D

Weak bullet is way too good. Increasing the damage of everyone in the party 3x? That's stupid OP. If a ranger is present, bosses are fucking dead in 30 secs or less. If no ranger is present, you are fucked, because it's gonna take much longer to kill the boss now. There is a huge difference between having a ranger in the party and not having one. No other skill or class is that crucial in the game.

Weak bullet should be reduced to around 1.5x damage. It would still be extremely fucking good and worth using at that rate. Maybe they can also let the ranger change weapons and not lose the weak bullet. That would fix the problem of the ranger standing around doing nothing during boss fights. After these changes, Sega can actually adjust boss HP so the fights aren't too short or too long. We would also be able to have a ranger-free party and not think to ourselves "No rangers? OMG, we are totally fucked!".

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 7, 2013, 03:53 AM
>Ranger standing around doing nothing
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/icons/photonart/pa_0805.png

But seriously
No one should have a "No rangers = Boned" mindset. That's the part where you step up your game.

Macman
WB's the only thing ranger has. You take that away and you just have a mediocre ranged class that pales in comparison to force.

Why don't we take away PP Charge Revival while we're at it?

Alisha
b8 has been pretty shit-tastic lately too. its like all the jp are on break waiting for july 17 so theres an influx of b20'ers there.

Rien
Jul 7, 2013, 03:56 AM
WB's the only thing ranger has. You take that away and you just have a mediocre ranged class that pales in comparison to force.

Why don't we take away PP Charge Revival while we're at it?

There's Homo Emission and Launchers...

Also, taking away Force's PP Charge Revival only means they only attack (slightly) less often. Their damage remains the same.

jooozek
Jul 7, 2013, 04:04 AM
why don't we remove PSO2 while we are at it

Macman
Jul 7, 2013, 04:08 AM
I feel like that every few days or so.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 7, 2013, 04:09 AM
There's Homo Emission and Launchers...
Launchers on bosses is pretty eh though.

You can get away with Emission but launchers...idk

holmwood
Jul 7, 2013, 04:10 AM

Not all of us have the luxury of being in teams. ^^;

AgemFrostMage
Jul 7, 2013, 04:33 AM
Sometimes you have people who want to fight the Cougar boss in the limited quest, sometimes people think rares without abilities are better than a common with technique/power/whatever III or even II, sometimes it dodges too early for the wolgada stomp and get knocked down anyway, sometimes stupid NPCs weak bullet the wrong monster or something that cannot be autotargeted (Aki and Afin why you so dumb!) Cannot complain really, not everyone can know everything about a game and complaining makes us look bad.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 7, 2013, 04:34 AM
Launchers on bosses is pretty eh though.

You can get away with Emission but launchers...idk

when I tried launcher on ranger (only did ranger to unlock Lisa and do some of her client orders) I already hated it, it roots.

Saffran
Jul 7, 2013, 05:18 AM
WB should simply not work on weak points. There, problem solved.
As for the original point, when someone acts in a way I find unbearable, I ask my party if they want to leave, and then we just abandon the quest.
Noobs are OK as long as they're not 60/60 powerhouses with ludicrous gear.
Also, it takes about 3 minutes to finish Falz, so that's fast enough for all the crazies with multiple acounts and secret lives.

Coatl
Jul 7, 2013, 06:07 AM
I don't know what to think when I see a gunner using elder rebellion on an arm with no WB. Like, really? :I Pull out your rifle and act like you still got RA subbed and abuse the hell out of one of the most broken skills in the game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 7, 2013, 06:23 AM
Weak bullet is way too good. Increasing the damage of everyone in the party 3x? That's stupid OP. If a ranger is present, bosses are fucking dead in 30 secs or less. If no ranger is present, you are fucked, because it's gonna take much longer to kill the boss now. There is a huge difference between having a ranger in the party and not having one. No other skill or class is that crucial in the game.

Weak bullet should be reduced to around 1.5x damage. It would still be extremely fucking good and worth using at that rate. Maybe they can also let the ranger change weapons and not lose the weak bullet. That would fix the problem of the ranger standing around doing nothing during boss fights. After these changes, Sega can actually adjust boss HP so the fights aren't too short or too long. We would also be able to have a ranger-free party and not think to ourselves "No rangers? OMG, we are totally fucked!".

a WB'd boss should be dead in 5 seconds.

A party without a ranger should grow some cyber balls.

/cool voice

yoshiblue
Jul 7, 2013, 06:29 AM
For a game where people say its too easy, i'm surprised people would say its too hard to fight a boss without a ranger.

Neith
Jul 7, 2013, 06:29 AM
If it's Block 20 it doesn't surprise me. I refuse to do Falz on B20 because you either get people who have no idea what they're meant to do or people whining the whole fight. I just go to B8 or 9 and play with random Japanese players. Obviously get a few western players but I haven't had a problem yet. I know there will be people on B20 who can play, but I've never had any luck there.

Forces that shock too early are more of a pain in my opinion, or even worse a Force that uses Light techs the whole fight (including when you're meant to shock).

The Walrus
Jul 7, 2013, 06:48 AM
For a game where people say its too easy, i'm surprised people would say its too hard to fight a boss without a ranger.

If anything it's just more tedious, not hard.

Cypher_9
Jul 7, 2013, 07:28 AM
Weak Bullet is the most OP skill in the game by far, and seriously needs to be nerfed.

LOL Good luck...

I still don't know why this is an issue, hell a Weak Bullet, though allotted as a RA; is USED by the RAs as well as their teammates as they strike it. Heck, even if it was only exclusive to RAs due to their pew pew damage, I still wouldn't say its "Gimme and 'O'... O and gimme a 'P' ... P ... its OPed!!!"

This is just redundant to say and WB serves its purpose... Rangers serves their purpose as "Boss Killers" as a certain Famitsu book as proclaimed in earlier days.

Tell me this... using this as an example. In a real life situation, like someone robbing your house, and you are armed with a pistol just because. Would you want bullets from your gun to immobilize the target or subdue them as quickly as possible being a potential threat?

Remember, we are still in "Vary Hard" (meant to typo) mode, a mode meant for singular classes. What really broke this difficulty is... sub-classing, pure breed mags/ their level, 10*s, and our level cap... We are way beyond the means, call of duty of what this difficulty serves and no mob is equipped to face our wrath as a sub-classed.... class and our equips... Though back on the thing about WB, yeah it does wonders... its suppose to... even without it... a party can still subdue a boss fairly quick with what they have; if anything.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2013, 07:59 AM
Weak Bullet is the most OP skill in the game by far, and seriously needs to be nerfed.

Hear hear, man. The game would really benefit if weak bullet wasn't so strong, and the focus was on fighting enemies as opposed to killing them asap. So long as drops are this bad you can expect a major backlash to any weak bullet nerf, though, as it's what enables parties to churn through bosses like they're nothing and that's needed to find items with these rates.

Z-0
Jul 7, 2013, 08:13 AM
No, you don't.

Personally, I like Weak Bullet because killing things ASAP is pretty fun, and killing things slowly in this game will make you find no rares anyway. Why do you think people do exit bursts with multiple FOs and RAs? Since Exit Bursts are the most efficient way to kill things, you want the strongest classes at ranged DPS, and even then, you might not find any rares, because these rates are so bad. I had a 7 more 4-way cross burst last night and found a Rappy Cannon. やった!

Also, if people are really bothered about no Weak Bullet, just duo with a friend. Fighter / Ranger or Hunter / Hunter. Both can kill Falz in 2:30~3:00 with proper planning and (if you aim for the arms) shock.

Xaelouse
Jul 7, 2013, 08:33 AM
consider that there are people with rare boosts in effect and dont like wasting needless time. Weak Bullet makes things quicker.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2013, 08:42 AM
Exactly, which is why I said what I said.

To nerf WB you'd also need to boost boss droprates to prevent a huge backlash.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
Exactly, which is why I said what I said.

To nerf WB you'd also need to boost boss droprates to prevent a huge backlash.

and nerf mob HP too.

Zondeel, zonde, zondeel, zondeel, zondeel. Why the hell aren't you dead yet you're weak to lightning! I don't even bother with the crabs or cyclops anymore unless I need it for a matterboard or client order to unlock other client orders... like, what I am in the process now -_-

Punisher106
Jul 7, 2013, 09:27 AM
One time I managed to full break Elder on VH, and we had no WB. It was a task, but we pulled it off. Also, no FOs in a Falz MPA is horrible. Unless somebody happens to have Shock on their weapon, kiss a full break good bye. One time, I ended up being the only one capable of using techs in the entire MPA. At least all of my Sazondes managed to shock Falz.

Zenobia
Jul 7, 2013, 09:59 AM
Its really easy to still beat falz and have no WB its only in bad MPA's you actually feel the lack of not breaking arms quickly.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 7, 2013, 10:05 AM
I prefer no WB to no shocks any day. If it takes a bit longer to break an arm so be it, but not being able to break all the arms because of the lack of shocks sucks.

Z-0
Jul 7, 2013, 10:08 AM
I prefer no shock to no WB because breaking all the arms does nothing except grants you 1k units. . .

I also prefer no FOs to lots of FOs, because FIs with shock 1 mechguns shock faster than FOs ever will, and do far more DPS than FO.

Zenobia
Jul 7, 2013, 10:09 AM
I prefer no shock to no WB because breaking all the arms does nothing except grants you 1k units. . .

I also prefer no FOs to lots of FOs, because FIs with shock 1 mechguns shock faster than FOs ever will, and do far more DPS than FO.

^This so much considering how much damage shock does and some FO's still use Zondeel+shock doing to much damage to him when you could just Sazonde the core

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
I suppose so. Some people want those arms broken regardless of the drops, but yeah, I guess you have a point.

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2013, 10:12 AM
I have four characters to run per Falz. I don't throw a hissy fit if I get a bad room, but I have plenty good reason to care that they go well, seeing as I can just barely fit them all in on average.

Z-0
Jul 7, 2013, 10:17 AM
I'm sort of worried once I get my 4th character slot if I'll actually be able to run all 4 rooms consistently, because sometimes I've had pretty slow rooms of people standing around waiting for shock when only one person has shock (and Falz refuses to shock). ;/

I'm not too bothered about slow rooms, but I would much prefer them to be over quickly because I am bored of Falz, but feel forced to fight him if I want his 12*s zZ z Z z Z z.

Plus this bitch always attacks whenever I decide to actually play the game. >: (

Xaeris
Jul 7, 2013, 10:21 AM
Eh, it's not too bad, you should be able to do all four more often than not. It takes a pretty bad room to screw me over (like, 7+ minutes) and even then, it can be saved by a good run.

Also, you know those structures people build out of matchsticks? I could do that with all of these god damned Adamans.

Rien
Jul 7, 2013, 10:33 AM
I saw some guy shocking Falz with the Rescue Gun today.

That was amusing. First time I've seen this done.

Jakosifer
Jul 7, 2013, 10:40 AM
The only thing that bothers me in Falz runs is when there is some obnoxious manchild being assmad and barking at people. Stuff like "THESE FORCES SUCK" because Falz' random Shock streaks are totally their fault, it's especially annoying when you see them say it as they just stand around, why don't you bust out a Shock 3+ melee/ranged weapon and stop yer bitchin?

If I'm duo/solo, Shock is tots optional, cuz of how random it is. One duo I shocked Falz three times in a 1andahalf minute timespan as the only one with a Shock weapon with no issue. But when I soloed him later on the fucker only got shocked twice in a 10 minute timespan, so I said fuckit and just IAINTGOTTIMEFORDIS killed it.

As for Weak Bullet, if it hasn't been nerfed yet, I doubt it will be. I would be fine with 1.5x, but I don't really care either way as I don't have any RA friends anyway. ;>_>

gravityvx
Jul 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
The only thing that bothers me in Falz runs is when there is some obnoxious manchild being assmad and barking at people. Stuff like "THESE FORCES SUCK" because Falz' random Shock streaks are totally their fault, it's especially annoying when you see them say it as they just stand around, why don't you bust out a Shock 3+ melee/ranged weapon and stop yer bitchin?

Fun fact, shock III only ups the duration, not the chance of shock. And since falz gets back up at the same time always, wouldn't matter what level shock they have on.

MegaZoneXE
Jul 7, 2013, 12:08 PM

lol i find that ironic

you guys on b20 have it tough

The player base is fine as a whole, its just these 2% players who think theres only ONE way to kill Falz.

this is the same 2% that think Time attack cant be completed unless done a certain way.

Solved indeed.

Aine
Jul 7, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm sort of worried once I get my 4th character slot if I'll actually be able to run all 4 rooms consistently, because sometimes I've had pretty slow rooms of people standing around waiting for shock when only one person has shock (and Falz refuses to shock). ;/(

If you're willing to throw away one Arm run and start Elder exactly as soon as the first phase ends, you can easily do five characters playing in random MPAs. Six characters is pretty much impossible on buffed Falz, but you can pull it off sometimes on unbuffed Falz.

Random rooms on Ship 2 are actually pretty good overall, after you get past the first two characters it's smooth sailing. I've done Falz on a few other ships and the MPAs there were garbage.

I saw some guy shocking Falz with the Rescue Gun today.

That was amusing. First time I've seen this done.

Rescue Gun is the weakest all-class mechgun, and it's free, so a lot of people stick Shock on it and use it for Falz.

Agastya
Jul 7, 2013, 06:18 PM
lol thread

one day more forces will start using tmg to shock falz, dont know why sazonde is still popular for doing that when it actually does a lot of damage even uncharged

(taking off a weapon to sazonde is dumb when you could be using shock tmg)

ARChan
Jul 7, 2013, 11:54 PM
Actually... Believe it or not, Japanese folks complain just as much as we do. It's just not in the same manner as the English folk who complain in the middle of the fight. Growing up with an Asian/Pacific Islander background (sadly, not being able to speak any Asian languages effectively), I know that being upfront about our complaints is unheard of and rude. So, as what one of my aunties said (and I know she's an MMOer as well as an office-woman), she usually takes her complaints to blogs and/or forum sites. In other words, she gets the job done before complaining, unlike the English-speaking folks you see.

Also, letting one small sample group represent the rest of the ethnic/language-speaking group is just making you sound as stupid as the guy complaining about no WBs. Seriously, get the job done and THEN complain! Only speak up to instruct. No one wants to see your complaints. It's both annoying and demoralizing for everyone else in the party. Unfortunately, there is a large number of folks who DON'T get that.

-End rant-

Sure is hard being a FO, though. I say they get more complaints than WBers.

MegaZoneXE
Jul 8, 2013, 01:01 AM
Actually... Believe it or not, Japanese folks complain just as much as we do. It's just not in the same manner as the English folk who complain in the middle of the fight. Growing up with an Asian/Pacific Islander background (sadly, not being able to speak any Asian languages effectively), I know that being upfront about our complaints is unheard of and rude. So, as what one of my aunties said (and I know she's an MMOer as well as an office-woman), she usually takes her complaints to blogs and/or forum sites. In other words, she gets the job done before complaining, unlike the English-speaking folks you see.

Also, letting one small sample group represent the rest of the ethnic/language-speaking group is just making you sound as stupid as the guy complaining about no WBs. Seriously, get the job done and THEN complain! Only speak up to instruct. No one wants to see your complaints. It's both annoying and demoralizing for everyone else in the party. Unfortunately, there is a large number of folks who DON'T get that.

-End rant-

Sure is hard being a FO, though. I say they get more complaints than WBers.

oh gosh no :] im not trying to represent anyone wrongly here~~~ im just referring to the small % of bad apples who play and bash others for not being dependent on WB or just being "noob" or just learning.

MissNina2012
Jul 8, 2013, 03:37 AM
I started playing PSO2 back when Ship 2 was closed and I'm glad. I don't think I could stand all that dumb behavior. It might happen on my ship too but since majority of people are typing in Japanese, I don't understand any of it lol

Noc Codez
Jul 8, 2013, 04:12 AM
I started playing PSO2 back when Ship 2 was closed and I'm glad. I don't think I could stand all that dumb behavior. It might happen on my ship too but since majority of people are typing in Japanese, I don't understand any of it lol

You must have loads of fun :rolleyes:

Zenobia
Jul 8, 2013, 09:12 AM
lol thread

one day more forces will start using tmg to shock falz, dont know why sazonde is still popular for doing that when it actually does a lot of damage even uncharged

(taking off a weapon to sazonde is dumb when you could be using shock tmg)

That's why you Sazonde the core it takes the least amount of damage derp.

Z-0
Jul 8, 2013, 09:17 AM
You're still better using shock mechguns as they shock more often. Added to that, uncharged Sazonde does the same damage as charged Sazonde each tick, it just does 1-2 less ticks (can't remember).

I'm too cool for the core at the end of Falz, I always attack the palm first since you do more damage. :L

sibladeko
Jul 8, 2013, 03:56 PM
:Complains about complainers about bads in Falz:
:Posts video to solo run where person does not break all arms:

You know, the entire point of people complaining in Falz is Falz dying before all his arms are broken, not that they're having trouble killing him.
Otherwise we'd all overend the core and call it a day.
In this regard, a terrible WB and/or shock will have more of a detriment than no WB at all.

MissNina2012
Jul 9, 2013, 07:47 AM
You must have loads of fun :rolleyes:

Actually I do, my friends and I joined the same ship so I have people to play with without the drama of random english speaking kids wanting to hang or play all the time. I played PSU for a long time and hated how clingy some kids got.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2013, 08:06 AM
>Sazonde does the same damage as charged Sazonde
What? Sazonde doesn't actually do any damage at all, does it?

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2013, 08:09 AM
Erm, yes.

Bellion
Jul 9, 2013, 08:13 AM
Sazonde needs to be set off by another lightning tech.

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2013, 08:29 AM
And if you're shocking falz that's exactly what you're doing, otherwise you're not actually shocking falz.

Unless when you don't zap it, it has invisible pulses that only shock instead of dealing damage that I've never been made aware of.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2013, 08:37 AM
Well, nowadays I just whip out my bubble Mechgun and apply shock though the affix, but I see many forces using Sazonde and not using anything else.

While we're on the subject, what do you suggest using after Sazonde? Gizonde? What's the weakest Zonde spell?

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2013, 08:44 AM
just an uncharged normal zonde, it'll hit him now since they changed it to emanate from the sky instead of the ground (which is why it would never hit falz before the zonde change- the floor of the area outside of the platform must be way way down there)

edit: wait, wrong thread for that edit, derp

AgemFrostMage
Jul 9, 2013, 08:51 AM
Erm, yes.

Sazonde is your best friend at the ruins, the cyclops, fish, and crabs all can be targeted many places and ticks damage at all spots. Great for breaking giant darker turtle parts too.