PDA

View Full Version : Best solo class help

Vapoure
Jul 7, 2013, 11:03 AM
I played PSU so my knowledge will be coming from that game and may be very off for this. One of my favorite things to do in PSU was to speed solo farm the best weapons in the game on my ranger because it was the best class for doing it. Now i want to do the same in this game if it's possible, so what should i play to do it. I'm looking at some of the possible classes, and I'm guessing ranger and the sub class gunner would be the best, but is it the same as it was in PSU? Maybe force or hunter or something is the best solo damage class now? Any help would be appreciated. Also what race and gender would help maximize it. I have a lvl 13 male human ranger, and i just read something that said female cast is best for ranged, is it worth it to re-roll now while im a low lvl, or does it not really matter?

Vintasticvin
Jul 7, 2013, 11:45 AM
Human- Balanced, Newman- Tech/Magics, Cast- Strike & Ranged attack with high physical defense and health (?)

Yeah its said that Caseals make great rangers and its your call if you want to re-roll after all you did say you like to get the maximum power of said class and if you feel you can rip your way back to 13 with no problem SURE why the heck not and a lil advice to help you out ~_^

When you unlock the subclass feature pick up Force and do atleast one or two falz emergencies without dying with an exp boost disc you get from fun scratch

:D and when you get your force to a comfy level toss a resta and if you have it Anti and BAM yer set for maximum solobility of course thats my plan for survival in solo play There probably waaaay better combos to sub with Ranger.

Emp
Jul 7, 2013, 12:44 PM
Tbh hu with sub fi is best solo now. With partizan/slide end and swords/overend, you can go along way in short amount of time fairly at high levels. Ra has become support oriented because of dmg but it still dish great dmg if u do it right, a good ratk oriented gs would work wonders.

About fo, if your good with the Mirage dodge it has, then ur fine. Only thing I truly suggest u get is a good talis so that u can zondeel and zonde a mob from safe distance. U dont want to be those who zondeel and die as everything converges onto u. Ive had my fair share of those kind of deaths as fo.

gravityvx
Jul 7, 2013, 01:07 PM
HU FI & GU best solo classes.

If we're talking solo, you could almost become pretty much unkillable while still doing pretty ridiculous damage if you specced into Mate Halfline and only carry dimate & trimate as both hu or fi main or sub.

Gunner on the other hand, you can pretty much just sit there in the air all day with ridiculous evasion dodge and not take a hit most of the time spamming elder or add bullet and the damage even as sub ranger is pretty high up there with perfect keeper & both ZRA maxed, and completely melt bosses like it's nothing be it with your rifle or mechs. Of course I'm still talking solo.

These are the best solo imo but hey what do I know.

Vapoure
Jul 7, 2013, 02:01 PM
HU FI & GU best solo classes.

If we're talking solo, you could almost become pretty much unkillable while still doing pretty ridiculous damage if you specced into Mate Halfline and only carry dimate & trimate as both hu or fi main or sub.

Gunner on the other hand, you can pretty much just sit there in the air all day with ridiculous evasion dodge and not take a hit most of the time spamming elder or add bullet and the damage even as sub ranger is pretty high up there with perfect keeper & both ZRA maxed, and completely melt bosses like it's nothing be it with your rifle or mechs. Of course I'm still talking solo.

These are the best solo imo but hey what do I know.

So since I'm completely new still, does HU FI & GU mean a human with the fighter and gunner class? or a hunter and i can pick fighter or gunner as the sub. Also what should i be speccing my mag into. I just got it and its lvl 1, and i remember from the old PSO i had messed up by feeding it random stuff when i was a noob. what should i be feeding it now

blace
Jul 7, 2013, 02:07 PM
HU is Hunter, FI is Fighter and GU is Gunner.

You'll want to specialize your mag into a stat specifically for the class. Hunter and Fighter S-ATK, Gunner R-ATK and so on.

Vapoure
Jul 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
So should I just swich my class over from rangr to hunter now before I level it up anymore?

gravityvx
Jul 7, 2013, 02:41 PM
So since I'm completely new still, does HU FI & GU mean a human with the fighter and gunner class? or a hunter and i can pick fighter or gunner as the sub. Also what should i be speccing my mag into. I just got it and its lvl 1, and i remember from the old PSO i had messed up by feeding it random stuff when i was a noob. what should i be feeding it now

Sorry, what I meant by that was HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA with the all class weapons it seriously doesn't matter if you want to go HU or FI main, they all do enough damage to 1 shot pretty much everything depending on the PA you're using besides the larger enemies, bosses on the other hand both HU & FI can pretty much melt them with their own respective weapons and for mag pretty much what the guy above said, I don't really recommend mixing the attack stats, the weapons requirements start getting kind of steep at later levels and if you don't want to waste points on attack in your tree to equip them(while in most cases you have a few left over points to waste), I would set a goal to just max the stat of whatever you're currently wanting to main.

Edit: And if you really want to go RA, they are extremely strong right now if you're RA/HU. But to me they just feel so damn slow and clunky with PP management, only reason I didn't name them as a good solo class.

Emp
Jul 7, 2013, 04:22 PM
Sorry, what I meant by that was HU/FI, FI/HU, GU/RA with the all class weapons it seriously doesn't matter if you want to go HU or FI main, they all do enough damage to 1 shot pretty much everything depending on the PA you're using besides the larger enemies, bosses on the other hand both HU & FI can pretty much melt them with their own respective weapons and for mag pretty much what the guy above said, I don't really recommend mixing the attack stats, the weapons requirements start getting kind of steep at later levels and if you don't want to waste points on attack in your tree to equip them(while in most cases you have a few left over points to waste), I would set a goal to just max the stat of whatever you're currently wanting to main.

Edit: And if you really want to go RA, they are extremely strong right now if you're RA/HU. But to me they just feel so damn slow and clunky with PP management, only reason I didn't name them as a good solo class.

Which is why I suggested that have turned into more of a support players than major game breakers. However one of my friends whose only level 46 ra last time i checked with hu 60 sub did 8k dmg with one hit with her launcher as a newman. Now imagine her being a cast instead.

Even if u take techer as a sub, you still hv pp problems. I just wish they put the pp revival on techer class instead so it could be the best support subclass.

Vapoure
Jul 7, 2013, 07:34 PM
well im not looking to do support, i want to go into a instance solo and clear it out as fast as possible. if i dont mind the slow and clunkiness, being a ranger/gunner is just as good as hunter? i rly dont like melee classes, but ill play whatever can clear out an instance the fastest

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 07:58 PM
so as far as I've seen (and i main RA/HU) is FO type characters can clear out instances very fast with their AOE skills, FO types often can't kill bosses as fast as some Gunners or even melee types, but bosses are few and far between, most missions have you neck deep in small mobs most of the time which is where FO types excel+^_^+ I'm not sure if things changed, i haven't been playing enough to know what they nerf or buff, but one of the more OP class combos is Force and Fighter, Force for those AOE skills and Fighter as sub for the stance bonuses+^_^+ HU as a sub isn't bad either with Fury Stance and Just attack bonuses, but i think FI benifits FOs more+^_^+

XPKun
Jul 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
HUFI / FIHU imo, is the best solo class.

GURA is old news. Even JP parties don't want them. Something that isn't wanted in parties aren't much good solo. Spamming Elder Rebellion isn't the fastest way to clear missions.

Since you don't like melee however, RAHU is your best choice. No, they're nowhere near "slow". Just try to watch this vid (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21122055#_=_).

Vapoure
Jul 7, 2013, 08:26 PM
well it seems like everyone has a different opinion. So will I be able to level every class up to max level on my 1 human character and just try everything out for myself? I'm not too sure how it works

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2013, 08:29 PM
well it seems like everyone has a different opinion. So will I be able to level every class up to max level on my 1 human character and just try everything out for myself? I'm not too sure how it works

yes, i know a number of people that have all classes at level 60 on one character (addicts all of them), you can change classes at any time when not in mission in the gate area for free and as often as you want+^_^+

TheAstarion
Jul 7, 2013, 09:22 PM
Episode 2 is released in ~10 days with the new Duman race and Braver class

Dumans have the highest Strike attack, and are second in Tech and Range attack stats. Better than human in every way except HP and defence.

Bravers we don't know -everything- about since we don't know the specifics of how their weapons themselves work, but it's looking like Hunter is the optimal subclass for them (fury boosts greater than fighter's stance boosts and ranger's passive boosts in most circumstances).

The advice we give depends a little on how much you know and how much you want to know.

Hunter/Fighter, Ranger/Hunter and Force/Fighter are currently ruling the roost for solo and party.

For other options... Fighter/Hunter is more single target, suited to party play for the task of bringing down larger threats more quickly, but is less efficient at scattered spawns. Gunner enjoys invincibility at the cost of functionality, Ranger is more reliable more of the time. Force/Techer gives more PP options for a technique marathon but loses the raw power of FOFI.

None of these classes are bad, but you want optimal. We don't know exactly where Braver will come into this hierarchy but we can say with full confidence that male Duman for striking classes, female CAST for range classes, and female Newman for force are your optimal race selections. These are only by base stats, however, and best to worst is rarely more than 5% difference.

gravityvx
Jul 7, 2013, 11:13 PM
It seriously baffles me when people say FI/HU does any worse than HU/FI. It's like all class weapons & the low HP pools every fodder enemy in game doesn't exist.

ARChan
Jul 7, 2013, 11:37 PM
-facedesk- I'm just really peeved by these kinds of topic posts...

Anyway, really, as boring as it sounds, it's all preference of your play style. It's really up to the player as to how you want to rock.

For me, this is how I utilize my classes:
HUs can guard effectively
FIs can kill things fast at melee range
RAs can WB/Jell
GUs can kill a thing fast at different ranges
FOs can kill things fast outside melee range
TEs can buff

It may seem harder with one class over the other, but really, it just comes down to you as a player. In fact... well... as much as people brag about numbers clearing mobs easier, I tend to get cocky seeing high numbers, thus leading to my death a lot of the time.

Other than that, I'm a pretty much effective as the other classes, though GUHU is my current forte with GURA as my secondary. I admit, there are times when I wish I have techs over guns and blades.

Long story short, it's preference and the situation. Play around a bit and try all the PAs/Techs. You should feel for what makes you wanna squee, not what other people think you should squee with.