PDA

View Full Version : Vita How is Episode 2 being delivered?

Yamishi
Jul 7, 2013, 02:16 PM
Obviously, for the PC, the Episode 2 update is being delivered in chunks over the next little while. I'm curious, though: How will Episode 2 be delivered for the Vita version? Will it be a downloadable DLC package from the PSN Store?

I only ask because I want to link PSO2 Vita to my English PSN account, but don't want to be locked out of Episode 2 if it does come out as something you can only purchase through the Japanese PSN Store.

Is there any indication one way or the other as to how Episode 2 will be arriving on the Vita?

Z-0
Jul 7, 2013, 02:20 PM
Just as a big update, I do believe.

OppaiMaya
Jul 7, 2013, 02:36 PM
Seems like just a big update. No different than the others. You can get it in pieces though. That way you wont have to download the whole thing on the day of release.

DoubleCannon
Jul 7, 2013, 06:16 PM
Random guy: So how many games can you fit on the card?
Vita guy: Uh.. well I have only 1 game, phantasy star online 2..
Random guy: Oh, and how much space does it take up?
Vita guy: The whole card.... and now I can not play soon because the game will be more than my card :(

Random guy: O_o;

Sony: Disclaimer, you will be required to spend big money for big cards, or you won't have the space to play PSO2!

just my take on it lol

blace
Jul 7, 2013, 07:59 PM
It'll probably be a 2GB+ update on Vita. Would be nice to know how big the expected size would be in the case I need to clear up space on it.

@OppaiMaya It doesn't work the same it does on PC. It downloads updates in one large file as opposed to the PC's precede downloader.

Yamishi
Jul 8, 2013, 01:12 AM
Well, even if it is one big update, that's all I care about: That it's an update and not an additional DLC package, since those can only be downloaded from the region they're available in (in this case, Japan) whereas I want to attach PSO2 to my English PSN account -- and yes, I own the physical copy of the game.

blace
Jul 8, 2013, 01:19 AM
And so do many others.

If it was released as DLC, it would bar Vita players from playing until they have the DLC as it adds in a new class, new race, new area and more story.

Lostbob117
Jul 8, 2013, 01:51 AM
The pizza man.

Noc Codez
Jul 8, 2013, 04:14 AM
By Mail sorry no CODs accepted.