PDA

View Full Version : I am level 45 and I tried affixing for the first time last night.

Valimer
Jul 8, 2013, 05:07 PM
I am disappoint. Ended up reading the affix guide here on the forums in hopes of finding some secret I was missing other than using mutations to transfer tier 3 abilities, but I didn't find anything.

So I know that affix guide thread hasn't been updated in a while, is there anything else to add? There aren't any other tips or tricks? I feel like I still don't understand some things about affixing, but I don't know what. Is it just a matter of throwing copious amounts of cash at dudu?

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 05:19 PM
Is it just a matter of throwing copious amounts of cash at dudu?

Yes, both real and pretend.

Xaeris
Jul 8, 2013, 05:28 PM
The number one secret? You don't have to build everything from scratch. There's no shame in buying pre affixed fodder and jumping straight to the last, easy, step.

Valimer
Jul 8, 2013, 05:30 PM
OK good to know. Looks like I won't bother affixing anything, ever. Not like it matters when at lvl 60 when you vaporize everything instantly anyway.

The number one secret? You don't have to build everything from scratch. There's no shame in buying pre affixed fodder and jumping straight to the last, easy, step.

I've tried that, but when items fail and I lose slots then it's like starting from scratch.

Xaeris
Jul 8, 2013, 05:34 PM
If you're doing three slot affixing, there shouldn't be any risk of failure on the last step. What were you trying to make?

Valimer
Jul 8, 2013, 05:39 PM
If you're doing three slot affixing, there shouldn't be any risk of failure on the last step. What were you trying to make?

So you're saying if I have a target item with 3 slots then I can transfer 3 abilities 100% with a fodder 3 slot item?

See this is what I mean, I don't think I fully understand how it works. The only abilities that would 100% are tier 1's. You're saying ANY abilities should affix 100%?

Xaeris
Jul 8, 2013, 05:46 PM
Not any, but it's possible to manipulate the odds so that they're 100%. Let's say you're trying to make a typical three slot piece with Soul/Stat III/Boost. On the last step, you have three pieces to combine: the unit you want to end up with and the two fodder.

On the desired unit, you should have Soul/whatever/whatever. On each of the fodder, you should have Soul/Stat III/whatever. When you have three of the same soul available in a combination, the success rate is 80%. When you have two of the same Stat III (exempting Ability III, I think), the success rate is 80%. By default, the success rate of a Boost ticket is 100%. So, if you add in a 20% affix ticket, the success rate of all processes is 100%.

BlankM
Jul 8, 2013, 05:51 PM
Certain combinations raise percentage chance. Its best to read up on these.

Example, three souls make 80% chance. Which you can increase to 100% with a 20% booster. Two StatIII's also make an 80% chance. You can search up these fodders in the market if you don't like making your own(Or don't have the backup funds if it goes wrong). Spirita Boost and Stamina boost devices can't be transferred, but they have 100% chance of going through.

Zipzo
Jul 8, 2013, 06:15 PM
There's really no way around it, you're going to feel the pain and agony of affixing somewhere along the line if you're going to seriously attempt it. There are ways to make your chances near/perfect but either way, you're still spending a ton of meseta. The strategy explained above does work and all, but items affixed with the "popular" affix setups are sold at sky high prices because people want them in order to use them as materials to get their affixes perfect without risk.

Decide to ignore affixing? Then be pooped on and hazed by the elitist dumpster brains because you're missing Stamina III or PP Up.

At the very least I recommend getting a Soul + Main Stat III on each and every single one of your end game items so you don't get laughed out of your party. That's 60 extra main stat you're missing out on for each piece of gear you're wearing which can add up to more than an insignificant amount, and 2 affixes is manageable even for budgeted players who's only income is TAs. The 3rd and 4th affixes (and beyond but lol) people usually stick are HP, Status, Ability, or PP affixes which is like, not even really a big deal, nor will it see a size-able affect on your game play. Incoming wave of "every little bit counts"...

Jungo Torii
Jul 8, 2013, 06:20 PM
I find that guaranteeing your chances by achieving 100% and making your chances as comically low as possible tend to work in terms of affixing. Basically anything lower than 40%.

Might be easier to save yourself the trouble and buy some well-affixed units once you raise the money.

Xaeris
Jul 8, 2013, 06:23 PM
Decide to ignore affixing? Then be pooped on and hazed by the elitist dumpster brains because you're missing Stamina III or PP Up.

I've never encountered these people. I'm sure they laugh it up in Team chat, but, like, whatever.

Z-0
Jul 8, 2013, 06:25 PM
I am pretty sure nobody actually cares providing you can kill things and not get killed (too often, anyway).

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 06:28 PM
I actually prefer it when people openly mock my gear. Saves me the effort of trying to find out if they're worth hanging out with. Because if that's how they treat people, then they're not.

Zipzo
Jul 8, 2013, 06:44 PM
I've never encountered these people. I'm sure they laugh it up in Team chat, but, like, whatever.

Well, yeah, it's not always to your face.

It doesn't have to matter, but I think something as easily attainable as at least x2 should be done for all of your gear pieces...not doing it at all is just rather lazy given there really isn't much else to do in this game but do more TAs.

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 07:32 PM
I am disappoint. Ended up reading the affix guide here on the forums in hopes of finding some secret I was missing other than using mutations to transfer tier 3 abilities, but I didn't find anything.

Correction: Mutations boost the SYNTHESIS (or creation) of tier 3 from tier 2's, not the transfer.
Relevant souls boost the transfer, not synthesis, of their respective tier 3 affixes (maybe tier 4? idk).
Also, they boost to a specific probability, not by a certain amount (I.e. vol soul will boost both burn 3 and arm 3 to 80%; compare the original respective rates of 20% and 60%)

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 07:36 PM
Souls boost synthesis AND transfer of their respective level 3 affixes, nothing higher and nothing lower. If the result is level 3, and it's the right kind, it gets the boost. So Fang Soul will always boost Power III, no matter what went into making it, for example.

I use this trick regularly for easy and cheap transfer of level 3 SE's on weapons.

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 07:49 PM
Really?
I've never seen gwana soul boost poison 3 when i was making it (still said 20%), only when transferring....but that was quite a while ago.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 07:50 PM
Yup, that's how my elder fists have it. Poison 3 on one fodder, gwana soul on the other fodder, IIRC it came out as 60%. I do this for any 10* I want to be decent, but don't want to do 3 affixes on.

Z-0
Jul 8, 2013, 07:50 PM
Correct, it is only when transferring.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
Well, this is news to me, as I could swear I've created level 3 affixes from level 2 affixes with souls boosting the rates. Huh.

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yup, that's how my elder fists have it. Poison 3 on one fodder, gwana soul on the other fodder, IIRC it came out as 60%. I do this for any 10* I want to be decent, but don't want to do 3 affixes on.
...that's transfer, not synthesis.
and the boosted rate would've been 80% :)

Well, this is news to me, as I could swear I've created level 3 affixes from level 2 affixes with souls boosting the rates. Huh.
Maybe it was because the fodders with the souls also had mutation with them?
if that's the case, then the boosted rate would've been 60% for synthesis of lv3.

Cirnopoly
Jul 8, 2013, 10:23 PM
Default Rates:
Burn Ⅱ + Burn Ⅱ = Burn Ⅲ (20%)
Burn Ⅲ only = Burn Ⅲ (20%)
Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅲ (40%)
Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅳ (20%)

Rates boosted with souls:
Vol Soul + Burn Ⅱ + Burn Ⅱ = Burn Ⅲ (50%)
Vol Soul + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅲ (80%)
Vol Soul + Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅲ (100%)
Vol Soul + Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅳ (40%)

So to summarize, Souls boost transfer and creation rates of abilities.

Stat enhancers like Power, Shoot or Technique will always get +20% unlike status effects shown above.

Cirnopedia:
http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_3.php

PSO2 Swiki
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?特殊能力追加

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2013, 10:29 PM
affixing/grinding/rare hunting...

Not even once, If you want to continue liking this game.

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 10:33 PM
Default Rates:

Stat enhancers like Power, Shoot or Technique will always get +20% unlike status effects shown above.

Cirnopedia:

PSO2 Swiki
I'll have to confirm this for myself later...
Didn't notice that enhance page, but some things i found a bit off:
-I thought [Ability]'s transfer rate couldn't be boosted even with multiple copies?
-Isn't ability 2's fusion rate 69%?

Also the boost descriptions I find confusing; it's easier to see the bonuses as "boosts to XX%" rather than an additive amount; "Boost by XX%", since that's what I've observed (souls boost lv3 transfers to 80%, regardless of whether it is a stat or an effect affix; mutations boost level 3 fusion rates TO 60% regardless of affix.).

EDIT: Ok so souls DO boost lv3 fusion...but mutation is still better >:D

Valimer
Jul 8, 2013, 10:35 PM
Default Rates:

Cirnopedia:

PSO2 Swiki

so Vol Soul + Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅲ (100%) means you've already gotten burn III or Vol Soul on the target item? Then thats two stats going onto the target, how do you get the third to 100% as well?

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 10:43 PM
so Vol Soul + Burn Ⅲ + Burn Ⅲ = Burn Ⅲ (100%) means you've already gotten burn III or Vol Soul on the target item? Then thats two stats going onto the target, how do you get the third to 100% as well?
It just means any combination of target+ 1 (or 2) fodders that add those affixes into the pool.
So you could have:
Target - vol
A - Burn 3
B - Burn 3
Or:
Target - XXX + XXX
A- Vol + burn 3
B- Burn 3 + XXX
and so forth.
how it works:
Vol + burn 3 = burn 3 (80%)
"+burn 3 = burn 3 (80+20=100%)

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 11:21 PM
...that's transfer, not synthesis.
and the boosted rate would've been 80% :)

Maybe it was because the fodders with the souls also had mutation with them?
if that's the case, then the boosted rate would've been 60% for synthesis of lv3.

It's possible, I'm just confusing myself by this point.

edit: caught cirno's post, I knew I remembered doing it once. I had no idea it boosted the level IV rates though, that's pretty cool.

Zyrusticae
Jul 8, 2013, 11:32 PM
affixing/grinding/rare hunting...

Not even once, If you want to continue liking this game.
You're so goddamn right it hurts.

Most I ever do is Soul + Stat III. Soul/Stat III/(Stamina/Spirita) Boost is completely out of my league as far as I'm concerned.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
If you can get the weapon you want to upgrade to 3 slots and the soul, you can buy the two fodders and a 20% booster and 100% it all on, as has been explained here, I just wanted to emphasize it. The problem is, of course, the expanding and soul-adding. That's still complete bullshit.

Syklo
Jul 8, 2013, 11:41 PM
You're so goddamn right it hurts.

Most I ever do is Soul + Stat III. Soul/Stat III/(Stamina/Spirita) Boost is completely out of my league as far as I'm concerned.
This really tempted me to just show this:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/d87gg7F.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
And FYI, it's not done ;-)