PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sega

DragoonHawke
Jul 9, 2013, 11:26 AM
Not to start anything here but this has been bugging me a bit and I wondered if it bothered anyone else yet. Is SegaJP still banning foreigners playing PSO2 out of Japan? I mean they got to know by now we are on ship 2 for the most part and it doesn't look like anyone has been getting banned. What do you guys know or think about this?

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2013, 11:28 AM
Sega JP is not going on a witch hunt for foreigners. If you don't cause trouble, the admins will not bother you.

Kondibon
Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 AM
Not to start anything here but this has been bugging me a bit and I wondered if it bothered anyone else yet. Is SegaJP still banning foreigners playing PSO2 out of Japan? I mean they got to know by now we are on ship 2 for the most part and it doesn't look like anyone has been getting banned. What do you guys know or think about this?They aren't doing a witch hunt, but if someone reports you or you get in trouble for something else you'd likely get banned. A lot of JP players don't seem to care if we play or not (and thus, don't report us) so it's not really an issue unless you're a huge asshole.

It's still technically against the ToS for use to play though so if you DO get banned, please don't try and pull the "I gave them money" shtick.

DragoonHawke
Jul 9, 2013, 11:35 AM
I was wondering that, I normally try and stay away from any character using Hirgana or katakana characters on their name since I'm scared they might just once report me and I wouldn't do anything to cause trouble. And Kondibon I haven't spent any money on this and I understand if I'm banned its because of the ToS but there is still the amount of time I've put into my character.

Ryock
Jul 9, 2013, 11:37 AM
I was wondering that, I normally try and stay away from any character using Hirgana or katakana characters on their name since I'm scared they might just once report me and I wouldn't do anything to cause trouble. And Kondibon I haven't spent any money on this and I understand if I'm banned its because of the ToS but there is still the amount of time I've put into my character.

It's not against the rules to speak english, nor to have an english name. You don't have to be that scared.

Kondibon
Jul 9, 2013, 11:38 AM

I know the feeling. It's just important to remember that you would in fact be breaking the ToS It's important to know what you're getting into, and even if it's unlikely, shit happens. but you should be fine.

I don't actively talk to them but I've ran around in MPAs and event quests with JP players before. Heck, I've seen people using english auto words in public chat. I think you'd either have to be in the wrong place at the right time, or be a massive dick to get someone to report you.

DragoonHawke
Jul 9, 2013, 11:41 AM
I know that but what I'm scared of is if someone starts talking to me in Japanese trying to find out if I'm a foreigner or not, and in that case I'm screwed.

Shadowth117
Jul 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
I know that but what I'm scared of is if someone starts talking to me in Japanese trying to find out if I'm a foreigner or not, and in that case I'm screwed.

If that were the cases, block 20 would be a ghost town like every other block. To be frank, they don't give a shit unless you cause trouble for the most part. I actually tell people in my party on occasion that I'm American myself so that they understand why I may not grasp what they're saying perfectly at times.

While prejudice exists within some groups, most really, really don't care for the most part and you probably won't ever run into them. The thing that annoys most of them is that a foreigner won't get the idea of trying to perform an exit burst in an advance quest. If you simply play the game properly, and don't go out of your way to be a jerk yourself you should be fine.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2013, 12:00 PM
I've been here since day 1...

Being "loud" and obnoxious everywhere in english.

I think I even trolled a couple dozen JP players.

TL;DR no one cares, including sega... Take it easy and enjoy the game.

DragoonHawke
Jul 9, 2013, 12:13 PM
Alright, well thanks all for the info. I'll keep that in mind.