PDA

View Full Version : How PSO2 originally looked liked

HIT0SHI
Jul 9, 2013, 08:42 PM
From Bumped: http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RJHahthCp4M
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RJHahthCp4M)
I gotta say, why aren't CAST's like that, let alone not have some of the PAs and clothing used in this version?

EvilMag
Jul 9, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hell why isn't the whole game like that? That looks a fuckton better than what we have now.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 9, 2013, 08:49 PM
???
It looks mid PSU PSO2

What from there is great?

Gardios
Jul 9, 2013, 08:51 PM
I've never touched PSU but this looks awful (to be expected though).

CAST animations are interesting though.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2013, 08:59 PM
Only thing from it that looks neat are the costume with the cape and the cast tbh. Other than that it only interests me to see what they started with.

Macman
Jul 9, 2013, 09:00 PM
That looks so horribly clunky. The city looks way more pleasant to look at, though.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 9, 2013, 09:01 PM
That looks so horribly clunky. The city looks way more pleasant to look at, though.

sums up what I was about to type lol

Shirai
Jul 9, 2013, 09:04 PM
Hmm...I like that tiny lobby area thing for missions.

Besides that it looks like what everyone else has said.

UnLucky
Jul 9, 2013, 09:07 PM
Is that the Ranger Dive? Damn why did they ruin that?

Gama
Jul 9, 2013, 09:09 PM
i like the hud tho.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2013, 09:12 PM
sums up what I was about to type lol

Yeah, don't be be fooled by the huge changes we got in comparison...

Personally I like what we got better. Other than that yeah City and Cast's hover movements looked better. And that hunter newman's outfit was also in concept arts... I dunno why we got the hunewm outfit we did instead...

I can see a lot more imagination behind where they were going though. But not gonna confuse that for a better product.

yoshiblue
Jul 9, 2013, 09:15 PM
I like the city colors.

Instant sonic, just add more sonic.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYattv0aMo[/SPOILER-BOX]

ShadowDragon28
Jul 9, 2013, 09:16 PM
Looks pretty cool. But from a design stand point I totally understand all the changes it went through.
I do strongly wish they'd add those costumes those 3 characters had to PSO2, I want that Numan Hunter's suit. Looks awesome IMO.

Vashyron
Jul 9, 2013, 09:20 PM
Ragne's area there was much more interesting to me than what he currently have, electric shock hazards by Ragne breaking the floor. (Seemingly got damaged by the hazard himself too.)

Plus is that music for Ragne's area from somewhere? If it's a unused track ...man I would of liked that one way better.

The city it self looked better as well, looks like it was possibly scrapped because it looks very non-lego friendly. There's some neat small stuff there too that is completely gone now, like animated flagpoles.

Baring animations and such from the combat... it is to say the least slower and clunky, that can either be a good or a bad thing depending on your taste I guess.

Will say something else, Stun Grenades looked to be inherently tied to Rangers as a Shift Action that costed PP.
Now I can see why traps may be so craptacular currently, looks to me they directly recycled them to throw in the skill tree and didn't care at all on rebalancing them to fit a different style.

Cypher_9
Jul 9, 2013, 09:30 PM
Will say something else, Stun Grenades looked to be inherently tied to Rangers as a Shift Action that costed PP.

I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS IN THE TEAM EARLIER PRIOR TO THIS.... and now that I seen this... I was like...

WTH, they should HAVE kept the grenades for Ranger. Not only it would of been much more efficient than trap placement but, its an aesthetic that would have fit the Ranger PERFECTLY as the 'solider' they are.

Better yet, have both, not just one with them having their own specialties...

Bunansa
Jul 9, 2013, 09:35 PM
I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS IN THE TEAM EARLIER PRIOR TO THIS.... and now that I seen this... I was like...

WTH, they should HAVE kept the grenades for Ranger. Not only it would of been much more efficient than trap placement but, its an aesthetic that would have fit the Ranger PERFECTLY as the 'solider' they are.

Better yet, have both, not just one with them having their own specialties...

It's okay, BM. Just sit and pray - we get get through this together - as one big family.

Xaeris
Jul 9, 2013, 09:41 PM
That version of Urban was way better. It actually looks like it's made to scale, instead of the buildings we have now that are only a little wider than our characters.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 9, 2013, 09:42 PM
I really don't like the design of the city in the prototype, it looks WAY to modern day Earth, it's too plain in my view.
It just looks like any typical modern day city and to me that's dull.

I am very glad they redesigned it to look way more futuristic/cyber punk.
the battle arena for Ragne looks very cool, but having a floor constantly shocking players would get frustrating and annoying real quick IMO.

Shadowth117
Jul 9, 2013, 09:43 PM
Ragne's area there was much more interesting to me than what he currently have, electric shock hazards by Ragne breaking the floor. (Seemingly got damaged by the hazard himself too.)

Plus is that music for Ragne's area from somewhere? If it's a unused track ...man I would of liked that one way better.

The city it self looked better as well, looks like it was possibly scrapped because it looks very non-lego friendly. There's some neat small stuff there too that is completely gone now, like animated flagpoles.

Baring animations and such from the combat... it is to say the least slower and clunky, that can either be a good or a bad thing depending on your taste I guess.

Now I can see why traps may be so craptacular currently, looks to me they directly recycled them to throw in the skill tree and didn't care at all on rebalancing them to fit a different style.

Its not from anywhere in the game now and yeah I agree its better. It doesn't go as well with the current music style at all though I find that to be a good thing. I guess that type of music was probably scrapped for not being "phantasy starish" enough.

Something I noticed about the cast ranger was that at one part they showed him doing what looked like a sort of strafing dodge where he spinned around a bit which was interesting. Definitely different from the horrendous dodge roll that exists now, though not necessarily better.

A lot of things also looked VERY temporary in that build. Graphically, almost everything did though a few things were near final such as enemies aside from shaders. Most textures/shaders seemed to lack detail in comparison to the final really. Animations looked extremely unpolished which probably made it look more clunky than it really was to play. Not to mention most of the music was taken straight from psu as obvious temporary music. The main menu itself was clearly unfinished/intended for demo purposes. What looked to be the dewman race didn't wasn't even named properly if that's what it was. The HUD overall lacked polish and had many elements taken from psu such as weapon info area, the weapon icons, etc. Attacks are simply labeled as "Base attack" and "Boost attack", suggesting that photon art assignment probably and possibly even weapon switching are features that aren't available in this build.

Interestingly enough, while it shows different player's perspectives, they don't keep consistent names. For example, the player who is showing their perspective was always Sonic and the other names changed in a similar fashion, suggesting that designating an identifier to a character wasn't implemented properly yet.

I dunno though, its pretty cool to see that overall. It'd be interesting to see more things that were changed between the this and the final.

Cypher_9
Jul 9, 2013, 09:50 PM
the battle arena for Ragne looks very cool, but having a floor constantly shocking players would get frustrating and annoying real quick IMO.

But, haven't we faced similar things in older games? If anything I would of loved the concept of being 'aware' of your surroundings in more ways than one. Keeping activity within a game is key - that is how most of is connected to the older games than newer ones.

Though, with all the current things going on... within the gaming world - I feel that the developers are ... well making an effort to return to old roots...

gigawuts
Jul 9, 2013, 09:53 PM
I liked some of ragne's different attacks, but otherwise the rest looks similar to me. I mean, yeah, it's different, but only superficially. I dunno.

I like how far back in development the Court Edge and Tarnada go. Were those from previous games? Or were they designed for this game? Because if they were designed for this game, I'd expect them to get more attention and focus. We still don't even have a Tarnada reskin! That's the biggest tragedy of PSO2, right there.

aduran
Jul 9, 2013, 09:58 PM
The interface looks like psp infinity. shield icon, sword icons, etc.

Vashyron
Jul 9, 2013, 10:32 PM
@ 0:22 Something interesting to note, weapon type selection at the login screen and Tarnada and Coat Edge were considered different types of swords.

Were they perhaps going the same way as PSZ and would of had PA's attached to weapons?

Tenlade
Jul 9, 2013, 11:09 PM
while the city itself is a bit bland, the scale is nicer, and it actually had hills , nice open parks, and different elevations.

Ragne's web attacks look neat, but kinda poorly animated compared to everything else,

though at the 1 minute mark it looks like they actually break out into a run after engouh distance, and go faster. Why the heck was that removed?

Zyrusticae
Jul 9, 2013, 11:19 PM
I really like the lighting in the city plus the aforementioned extra features, but other than that, yeah, it's pretty obvious what we actually got is a superior product.

It actually really irritates me that they're capable of doing good, proper lighting, but the lobby remains as horribly poorly lit as it is. Come on, now!

untrustful
Jul 9, 2013, 11:40 PM
Is it just me, or does that city look similar to the one in the background of the shopping area and default my room theme?

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2013, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I strongly prefer the city in the video. Much nicer lighting, and I think the overall softer, more vibrant look is better than the grainy mixed resolution faded textures we ended up with. The contrast between soft environment and detailed character helps make the character and enemy models stand out more. The city also seems more dynamic, as opposed to the uniform feel of the areas we have now. It's obviously incomplete, but I think if they'd built on what they had then instead of taking a different direction, the end result would likely have been better than what we have now. I think a lot of the changes were probably made for the sake of optimization.

I also despise the lighting in the lobby. It's depressing and gloomy, hardly suits the game's focus on character appearance. I was hoping they'd change the lobby or improve the lighting for episode 2, but it doesn't look like they will.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 9, 2013, 11:47 PM
There needs to be a city quest

In a non-destroyed city

Zenobia
Jul 9, 2013, 11:49 PM
Damn the way the city looked I really felt drawn into it that's pretty bad ass also I loved Ragnes Different atk patterns too he seemed to have way more in this than the one we have now.

Also those HU atk patterns why do we not have those in this one.... I actually prefer this version of HU over the one we have now....

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2013, 11:53 PM
There needs to be a city quest

In a non-destroyed city

This.

And they could literally just use a polished version of this city... >_>

They just can't treat is as a super brand new area that'd be scummy.

The_Philosopher
Jul 10, 2013, 12:43 AM
Damn, that Urban area looked so good.

I understand that the Urban we've got now is the way is to get us into the "we're under attack by the Darkers" mood, but in my opinion that area is so bland and gloomy that after a while I have a hard time telling the mobs and my character from the dull background. I think it is ok to have a Urban area like it is today, but I don't see why we couldn't have a proper city (with a much more interesting background for a change) like the one in that video

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 10, 2013, 12:43 AM
hell why don't we just have a city to lobby around in

strikerhunter
Jul 10, 2013, 01:12 AM

This ^ is what we need.

AlaskanKactus
Jul 10, 2013, 01:33 AM
I wish they would give us a quest in non-destroyed city area. Looks beautiful.

Other than that, I'm much happier with the final game, the prototype looks too much like PSU. Not saying PSU was bad but PSO2 plays a lot more fluid.

landman
Jul 10, 2013, 01:47 AM
Like, with a football chuchu camp and all? Two please.

jooozek
Jul 10, 2013, 02:04 AM
i can't begin to imagine what stuff they had to butcher just to be able to release the game on vita too
it's PSU PS2 all over again

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2013, 02:09 AM
I would like to see that CAST Swat Swap action in game+^_^+ rather then the Rnger roll, CASTs and Caseals Swat Swap everywhere+^_^+

Alisha
Jul 10, 2013, 02:09 AM
i can't begin to imagine what stuff they had to butcher just to be able to release the game on vita too
it's PSU PS2 all over again

except that the game was amazingly good on psp(psp2/i)

this looks like a more logical progression of that but without chains.

Valimer
Jul 10, 2013, 02:11 AM
Damn, that Urban area looked so good.

I understand that the Urban we've got now is the way is to get us into the "we're under attack by the Darkers" mood, but in my opinion that area is so bland and gloomy that after a while I have a hard time telling the mobs and my character from the dull background. I think it is ok to have a Urban area like it is today, but I don't see why we couldn't have a proper city (with a much more interesting background for a change) like the one in that video

It's not even that, in my opinion, I think the city just feels like a small playground instead of an actual large city. It doesn't feel grand, it's just a facade. It doesn't really induce the suspension of disbelief very well.

ARChan
Jul 10, 2013, 02:11 AM
They should bring back the stage! OMG! It'd be so freakin' awesome >w< I also like the HUD as well :o

Valimer
Jul 10, 2013, 02:13 AM
The city area they showed in the video would be a fun public social area to explore. Maybe kind of redundant, but I think it would immerse the player in the PSO2 universe and culture more.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2013, 02:26 AM
The city area they showed in the video would be a fun public social area to explore. Maybe kind of redundant, but I think it would immerse the player in the PSO2 universe and culture more.

What I liked about PSU...

There was life in it.

Vs PSO's hidden signs of life.

But in PSO2? it's just work-work-work and music idols. D<

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2013, 02:30 AM
That HUD looks awesome...this even before Alpha test?

Coatl
Jul 10, 2013, 02:59 AM
Still no night and day features. :/

yoshiblue
Jul 10, 2013, 03:08 AM
The game already messes with time travel. May as well include different variants of the cities and a forest(after Falz)

Rosel
Jul 10, 2013, 04:08 AM
I wish our city area didn't look like such ass.

Rien
Jul 10, 2013, 04:10 AM
What I liked about PSU...

There was life in it.

Vs PSO's hidden signs of life.

But in PSO2? it's just work-work-work and music idols. D<

Apparently the character we play is some sort of major workaholic.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 10, 2013, 04:45 AM
It's not even that, in my opinion, I think the city just feels like a small playground instead of an actual large city. It doesn't feel grand, it's just a facade. It doesn't really induce the suspension of disbelief very well.

All video game environments are this way. It is like a movie set but to provide an environment for the characters to fight in.

I like the old city too and old ragne would be good if he fell much sooner from the web since at that time if you dodge when he goes up you would get hit anyway so reduce his charge time to get rid of that potential problem.

Apparently the character we play is some sort of major workaholic.

That is what games should be, we don't need a reason to kill things other than, "it's my job". It trims a lot of unnecessary fat from the game by not chaining too much to story. "Oh, we can't have this awesome dungeon because it contradicts the story!" so the I do this because it's my job keeps it the most fluid.

Rosel
Jul 10, 2013, 04:49 AM
All video game environments are this way.

lmao, no.

That is what games should be, we don't need a reason to kill things other than, "it's my job". It trims a lot of unnecessary fat from the game by not chaining too much to story. "Oh, we can't have this awesome dungeon because it contradicts the story!" so the I do this because it's my job keeps it the most fluid.

Did you just call story "unnecessary fat"?

AgemFrostMage
Jul 10, 2013, 05:11 AM
lmao, no.

Did you just call story "unnecessary fat"?

Gameplay elements need to come first. Original Mario had only bare bones story of princess gets kidnapped, go save her! It was a fun game and very hard. Story also needs to be integrated better with gameplay too. No running away from mobs in a cutscene you can easily kill in battle or vice versa.

Syklo
Jul 10, 2013, 05:44 AM
There shuold be "destroyed" urban and "clean" urban.
Only things i like about this (other than ↑): PSO2 logo, some PA's, ragne battle + boss bgm.
Everything else is shit to me. Especially the HUD, uuuuggghh.

Dan Maku
Jul 10, 2013, 07:03 AM
I like the HUD, but other than that and the Ragne theme, I'm glad they changed the game to what it is today.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 07:15 AM

We should have areas to explore. They show off a whole lot of city down below the shop area, they should let us walk around in a bit of it.

I'm a bit miffed that the city assets haven't really changed this entire time. They should've added stuff like those suspension bridges, etc. as playable areas in the field or something, maybe even just as enormous map pieces.

There's a lot of stuff they could use to make the game world seem more detailed but for the time being it's kind of shallow.

Ragne felt like more of a space-arachnid in that video. I did like that, since I didn't know what the hell it was meant to be when I first fought it. But, that's also good I guess, because it's not like aliens are going to be matching shit on earth 1:1.

Mike
Jul 10, 2013, 09:33 AM
That HUD looks awesome...this even before Alpha test?

Yes. The hud in the first alpha was very similar in color and position to the current one.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 10, 2013, 10:10 AM
We should have areas to explore. They show off a whole lot of city down below the shop area, they should let us walk around in a bit of it.

I'm a bit miffed that the city assets haven't really changed this entire time. They should've added stuff like those suspension bridges, etc. as playable areas in the field or something, maybe even just as enormous map pieces.

There's a lot of stuff they could use to make the game world seem more detailed but for the time being it's kind of shallow.

Ragne felt like more of a space-arachnid in that video. I did like that, since I didn't know what the hell it was meant to be when I first fought it. But, that's also good I guess, because it's not like aliens are going to be matching shit on earth 1:1.

Agree kind of, but not that big because of the square cube law in real life.

Valimer
Jul 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
All video game environments are this way. It is like a movie set but to provide an environment for the characters to fight in.

Maybe this is true but other games do a much better job. HL2 for instance is 9 years old and they did a great job with the environments to make the player really feel like they were in a real city and a big environment where everything was proportional to the player. It gave the player a suspension of disbelief, it immersed them and made the game believable. I didn't feel like I was in a playground with backdrops.

Maybe you have never felt this way before about a game. I feel that the level design in PSO2 in general is weak, and I know it's because they wanted to have the modular based random dungeon layout generator.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2013, 03:47 PM
I think the hud looks cheap... <_>

One we have is fine...

But in alpha the hud was at the top of the screen, which I thought looked more interesting (although probably harder to glance at)

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2013, 03:48 PM

Well PSU sorta had this and it became a source of complaint.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2013, 03:51 PM

only because people "had" to travel through those areas to get to fields, and then had to go to lobbies between fields, all the missions so far separated became a hassle, especially with insane loading times+^_^+ if they had a city environment without any major reason to go there except to explore the culture of the ARKS ship, then i doubt there would be many complaints+^_^+

Home Dog
Jul 10, 2013, 03:56 PM
There shuold be "destroyed" urban and "clean" urban.
Only things i like about this (other than ↑): PSO2 logo, some PA's, ragne battle + boss bgm.
Everything else is shit to me. Especially the HUD, uuuuggghh.

I agree about the clean and destroyed Urban city thing. I am tired of our city always looking so jacked up. If we could have a clean one, that would be great. And the map layout on there was cool too. There were actually some hills but on the new city the whole map seems too flat, besides the places where you go downstairs.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 04:13 PM

Chik Tikka covered most of what I was going to say. It was pretty poorly implemented. Having to do missions to get to different areas, and then having to be in these areas to access certain missions was my beef with it. I never knew where to go or what level to be when I got there. Having an expanded area to walk around in was what I liked about it, though. They could just address that by putting quest kiosks around the area, like how there's two quest counters in the lobby.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2013, 04:29 PM
only because people "had" to travel through those areas to get to fields, and then had to go to lobbies between fields, all the missions so far separated became a hassle, especially with insane loading times+^_^+ if they had a city environment without any major reason to go there except to explore the culture of the ARKS ship, then i doubt there would be many complaints+^_^+

I actually liked all the "useless" lobbies in PSU. even with the loading screens. it just felt like you were actually going somewhere.

Here it's like you run around like a headless chicken in some random spot on the planet (PSU even had a map of the planet that showed where you were on it) then you go to the boss, kill it, then get back in the jet.

Also after working your way to whatever area, you could just teleport there and spam the same mission no problem. <_<;;;

Really wasn't that bad. at most it was just that some of the inbetween lobbies could've had more depth/use. it was always the end-of-the-line lobbies that looked best.

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2013, 04:29 PM

Chik Tikka covered most of what I was going to say. It was pretty poorly implemented. Having to do missions to get to different areas, and then having to be in these areas to access certain missions was my beef with it. I never knew where to go or what level to be when I got there. Having an expanded area to walk around in was what I liked about it, though. They could just address that by putting quest kiosks around the area, like how there's two quest counters in the lobby.

Well that was one issue people had with it...

The issue that I'm sort of referring to is the one where people thought that having such a big web of places to hang out in stretched the community too thin, giving a feeling of emptiness to most places as a result. Made the game feel like there was nobody playing (which wasn't far from the truth, but, it made matters worse).

It brought about the "I miss where everyone was packed in to one lobby" sentiment which...PSO2 in essence returned to based on said whines.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
I dunno, I was always a fan of the separate themed lobbies in PSO1. I mean something like the legacy DC lobbies and soccer lobbies - just a few extra places to go. You can look through windows to see a few empty rooms in the shop district - let us go up there to see different things, walk out to a few levels of the city, etc.

I guess something like the citadel in Mass Effect (1, 2, 3, whichever) is what I want. Nothing too huge, but still an area where you can immerse yourself in the game's setting.

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2013, 04:35 PM
I dunno, I was always a fan of the separate themed lobbies in PSO1. I mean something like the legacy DC lobbies and soccer lobbies - just a few extra places to go. You can look through windows to see a few empty rooms in the shop district - let us go up there to see different things, walk out to a few levels of the city, etc.

I guess something like the citadel in Mass Effect (1, 2, 3, whichever) is what I want. Nothing too huge, but still an area where you can immerse yourself in the game's setting.

Me personally, I didn't mind it, I just remember that being one of the complaints of the cities or interim lobbies in PSU. Once you make a bunch of friends your whole network was based on partner card mailing anyway not lobby whoring, just as my whole network in PSO2 is based on my team chat and my friend list. To be honest I think between spreading the community thin, or having that tightly packed B-20 type lobby full of mongrels who do nothing but talk about rubbish all day...PSU was the lesser of the two evils.

Zyrusticae
Jul 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
They could make alternative lobbies that show up based on which block you're in (so, for example, all the AQ blocks would have their own lobby area, and XQ blocks would have another). I think that'd be a nice compromise between PSU and PSO2.

Zipzo
Jul 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
Honestly, I saw a picture of photon chairs.

That's really all we need right now. Once we get photon chairs...all will be right with the lobby experience.

Rosel
Jul 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
I miss the PSU cities. It felt more like a MMORPG even though it wasn't. I liked it.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
But only if they can scoot around.

If they can't scoot they're not REALLY photon chairs.

The Walrus
Jul 10, 2013, 05:16 PM
Photon chair race lobby. DO IT SEGA

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2013, 05:26 PM
I like the spread out community, it makes people you run into who are doing the same mission as you more valuable and more likely to join you if you're going to same path. especially with 6 man to have room for whoever + your friends. <_>

50 people crammed into one lobby full of spammers but everyone's still in cliques anyway? The most popular missions still had that setup anyway. @_@

I think PSO2 could do with like 1 hub world for each planet... and different goal lobbies at the end of certain missions. Just for visual/recreational effect. But not having 8 lobbies inbetween like PSU did.

Jungo Torii
Jul 10, 2013, 05:44 PM
After watching that video, I have to say most of the game looks pretty meh. It's clunky, and I much prefer the smoother animations we got. Ragne just looked like he was randomly jumping to different spots with almost no animation at all.

I do prefer the look of the city area and the little flames that sword PAs had (as well as the little cast animations), but it seriously doesn't look all that great.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
But only if they can scoot around.

If they can't scoot they're not REALLY photon chairs.

This is the only comment that matters.

But I liked the vid. You can actually discern what's going on. PSO2 is a much cleaner/complete product, though. I would have liked this proto-build as a separate game.

Also, I also liked the feel of traveling through PSU's lobbies. I'm getting all sentimental now.

Kazzi
Jul 11, 2013, 09:37 AM
Now I want a non-destroyed city too. I mean in the video that particular one has poor textures and it lacks a lot of minor details that stop it looking so bland, but it's still very pretty.

/still waiting on photon chairs here too.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
I wonder what determines the ID of the chair... INB4RNG. And really if im getting a chair i better not be stuck a yellowboze.

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2013, 10:36 AM
Knowing Sega they'll just sell a lot of different colors in the AC Scratch.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2013, 10:38 AM
I wonder what determines the ID of the chair... INB4RNG. And really if im getting a chair i better not be stuck a yellowboze.

don't make me smack you son

yellowboze was the shit
also redria
also skyly
also everything i guess

Z-0
Jul 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
yellowboze sucked

redria/purplenum all day everyday

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 11, 2013, 11:12 AM
I want Hyper Sonic color

Ezodagrom
Jul 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
Each player has his own colour for text bubble chats.
The player himself and others in his party only see the chat bubble with the colour of the PB circle thing next to the HP, but players not in the party see the chat bubble with a colour that seems to be assigned to the player ID.

For example, my chat bubble is yellow for others, and other colours I've seen include red, blue, pink, green, purple, orange, and there's likely more, but these are all I can remember now.

Anyway, I'm thinking that photon chairs could maybe use the colours from chat bubbles.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 11, 2013, 11:58 AM
I hope my Player ID color is green

KazukiQZ
Jul 11, 2013, 12:05 PM
Wait, Player ID colour will make a comeback to PSO2?

Ezodagrom
Jul 11, 2013, 12:07 PM
Wait, Player ID colour will make a comeback to PSO2?
Check my previous post, there's already a playerd ID colour in PSO2, but currently it only affects chat bubble colour, like in PSU.

Punisher106
Jul 11, 2013, 12:20 PM
Chair color will probably relate to costume color. Watch.

That city. Holy shit. I want that city. And I'd think with those PAs and the flames, it should have effects based on what element the weapon is. (Ice shards for ice weapons, electricity for lightning, etc)

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2013, 12:38 PM
I just want the full selection of chair colors as different lobby actions.

/la chairgre
/la chairsky
/la chairblu
/la chairyel

etc.

Put 'em in the FUN shop for 200 each.

edit: Also, since we've got a screen of the chairs floating around somewhere, we know it's not based on costume or cast parts.

Lostbob117
Jul 11, 2013, 01:05 PM
Looks rather ugly to me. Even the hud.

moorebounce
Jul 11, 2013, 01:45 PM
I like what we have now. I hate PSU so much I blocked it out as much as possible. If I would've heard that PSU lobby music in PSO2 from the rip I would've had second thoughts about playing it. I know this team were the ones who did PSU and wanted to break away from what Yuji Naka did after he left and I understand that but what they did in PSU didn't all work. It made me sick just looking at that video at how close to PSU it was at that stage in development. I'm glad someone was smart enough to burry PSU deeper and go more PSO on the surface.

I thought PSO2 was a bit too flashy until seeing that video. The sounds in that video were so dead or plain I now appreciate the flashiness and over the top sound effects in PSO2.

Cyclon
Jul 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Each player has his own colour for text bubble chats.
The player himself and others in his party only see the chat bubble with the colour of the PB circle thing next to the HP, but players not in the party see the chat bubble with a colour that seems to be assigned to the player ID.

For example, my chat bubble is yellow for others, and other colours I've seen include red, blue, pink, green, purple, orange, and there's likely more, but these are all I can remember now.

Anyway, I'm thinking that photon chairs could maybe use the colours from chat bubbles.
Please, no. Mine is freaking pink.

I want green too...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 11, 2013, 02:18 PM
Chair color will probably relate to costume color. Watch.

it better, if it's anything other then white/ivory/blue i don't want it+^_^+

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
damn that means mine would be goldish...

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2013, 02:30 PM
edit: Also, since we've got a screen of the chairs floating around somewhere, we know it's not based on costume or cast parts.

dagadfg

I'll look for this screen.

edit: Got it
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/photon-chairs.png
So yeah