PDA

View Full Version : Fighter "balance" update

Rien
Jul 10, 2013, 03:57 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=1784

Apparent update coming in august which involves changing the power increase to PAs granted by Dagger Gear and also reducing the Hitstop on Knuckles.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2013, 04:02 AM
noob question since I don't look into details that much, but what is ment with hitstop?

Z-0
Jul 10, 2013, 04:02 AM
Hitstop is the delay on animations when hitting stuff.

jooozek
Jul 10, 2013, 04:04 AM
something about twin dagger gear and about stophit on knuckles

how about those techer buffs SEGA
edit: didn't refresh the forum before posting, can't delete this thread, derp

Rien
Jul 10, 2013, 04:05 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210270

I beat you to it.

Rien
Jul 10, 2013, 04:08 AM
noob question since I don't look into details that much, but what is ment with hitstop?

Hitstop is one really prominent feature of the knuckles where you get a delay every time you hit something. If you were to just spam PAs and attacks in the air with a full Knuckle Gear, you'd notice you can fire off attacks really fast. However, in real combat you seem to just stop for a split second every time you land a hit.

A good example would be max gear Pendulum Roll/Flicker Jab.

UnLucky
Jul 10, 2013, 04:10 AM
Now we just need Flash Thousand to stop ruining its own combo and other PAs to get more reach.

Rosel
Jul 10, 2013, 04:12 AM
That's it? and a Dagger gear buff?

Bravo SEGA.

I don't think there's anyone actually working on PSO2.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 10, 2013, 04:23 AM
nothing about buffing the weaker Double Saber PA's? nothing about improving Daggers ground preformance a bit so its not a nitch weapon? though Knuckle hitstop reduction is a win. I don't like Knuckles

Ce'Nedra
Jul 10, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hitstop is one really prominent feature of the knuckles where you get a delay every time you hit something. If you were to just spam PAs and attacks in the air with a full Knuckle Gear, you'd notice you can fire off attacks really fast. However, in real combat you seem to just stop for a split second every time you land a hit.

A good example would be max gear Pendulum Roll/Flicker Jab.

I never really use these PA's ^^; I only kind of use Surprise Knuckle, Flash Thousand and Straight Charge (and occasionally Quake Howling to stun). I think I get what you mean though.

Touka
Jul 10, 2013, 04:29 AM
Took them long enough but i'm glad it's getting addressed.Now the speed of knuckle gear will be more noticeable with actual hits :P

jooozek
Jul 10, 2013, 04:30 AM
remember when SEGA lowered hitstop on wands? yeah
don't expect too much

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2013, 04:37 AM

Apparent update coming in august which involves changing the power increase to PAs granted by Dagger Gear and also reducing the Hitstop on Knuckles.

Guess I'm not selling my fighting beats, but not using em for a month eithe-

don't expect too much

Hm...

Gardios
Jul 10, 2013, 05:47 AM
I don't see how this can't come with the next update already, considering those are just number changes.

I want them to move on to Techer already ffs.

Syklo
Jul 10, 2013, 05:49 AM

As long as the change is NOT A DEBUFF
YES.

kabutozero
Jul 10, 2013, 06:09 AM
I read the thread title and immediately thought : "Shit i'm outta here"

Then I read it's only buffs to unused weapons and I thought : "AAAAAAAAAW YEAH"

BlueCast Boy
Jul 10, 2013, 06:36 AM
Finally thanks Sega i knew you won;t ignore that fighters t.daggers and knuckles lackings on something.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 07:36 AM
don't expect too much

This was actually a pretty huge change. The hitstop was utterly absurd on wands. I'm talking stop in midair for nearly a full extra second because you've hit two things. It really was excessive and unnecessary. What we have now on wands is much more fitting.

So there's hope for knuckles. What there isn't really hope for is daggers...

When I opened this thread I expected yet another poorly labeled suggestion thread. I was not expecting actual good news. So this is cool.

Individual PA's need some balance, but I'm not expecting that until they try to rebalance them at level 16+ again, since I have no doubts they'll take that approach a second time (it DID work out on a few PA's at 11+, after all).

The problem with daggers isn't their midair damage - it's their ability to chase targets that move when you're in midair and then their damage full stop. A way better gear bonus would be reducing PP cost (up to 35%) for PA's and then giving daggers +60% damage across the board, on the ground AND in the air. Turn the gear into a heat gauge that gradually depletes on the ground, but doesn't deplete in the air. Using any PA in the air fills 16% of the gear, no need for a tiny hop or leap to be in the PA in an almost arbitrary way (seriously, some PA's fill it but others don't, it's dumb).

Hopefully they start taking a "what's broken, how can we fix it?" approach to balancing instead of a "shit, people are bitching, just buff its damage by 40%" blanket approach to everything ever.

oratank
Jul 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
i never use Knuckle. i use tonfa

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2013, 08:51 AM
Ahahahahahahahahaha, excellent.

The punching shall continue. Oo-f**king-rah.