PDA

View Full Version : Can We plEASE Have a Mac Download?

PE4CE14
Jul 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
Or is this a dumb question? Cause really, I own a Mac. And I love PSO2. I love playing it, and I just love the feel it has. BUT THE STRESS. My Parallels has stopped working (It used to work perfectly), now It says "PSO2 does not Correspond with your OS" And I dont think I have upgraded to 8.1? And im not even sure if that matters?? ill have to check. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Then, Im gonna try bootcamp. But I will NOT buy Win 8, and they don't carry Win 7 in stores anymore, because it's outdated due to the release of 8. So i had to order it. It'll be here in a business week max. But then again, im not 100% sure if thats gonna work either. But I've heard it works well on running Windows things. A family friend does online gaming with BootCamp, and he said it works perfectly (I think he plays WoW or Tera, I am really not sure at all)

BUT. None of this would happen if there was a MAC download now would it? Why dont they have a Mac download on the site? It could totally make them more money. And we all know $EGA is all about the money.
Is there a chance that there would be one for US servers? Or perhaps JP servers (Seems VERY unlikely) I understand that most gamers use Windows, but also, a lot of people (Gamers, as well) have moved to Mac. And really, it's a pain in the you know what to have to use these crossover products in order to play this. For instance, I have never seen a game that is only for MAC computers. I could be wrong, but that seems absurd. Why not cater to both sides? Thats more money, Isn't it?

I like PSO2 a lot, and I really want to get this to work. Like I said in the 1st Paragraph, any ideas on how to fix my Windows Parallel problem?

Thanks so much(:

MetalDude
Jul 11, 2013, 01:12 PM
I run Win7 on Bootcamp and confirm this works.

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2013, 01:13 PM
In general PC is considered the "gaming os". As for why PSO2 doesn't have a mac version I dunno I guess Japan hates macs or something so why bother

HIT0SHI
Jul 11, 2013, 01:18 PM
Or is this a dumb question? Cause really, I own a Mac. And I love PSO2. I love playing it, and I just love the feel it has. BUT THE STRESS.
My Parallels has stopped working (It used to work perfectly), now It says "PSO2 does not Correspond with your OS"

You mean to tell me, you were able to play PSO2 on a MAC before? :eek:

PE4CE14
Jul 11, 2013, 01:24 PM
You mean to tell me, you were able to play PSO2 on a MAC before? :eek:

Yep. with no problem at that. Lag here and there. But that was it.

I run Win7 on Bootcamp and confirm this works.

Awesome. Do you run smoothly?

Dan Maku
Jul 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
Why would anyone want a Mac, anyway? That shit's worse than Windows 8.

Shinamori
Jul 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
There's no real gaming market on Mac (yet). I mean, yeah you have some games hear and there, but mostly casual, and several steam games.

HIT0SHI
Jul 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
Im sure MAC can play most flash games too, but let's stay on topic.
Can anyone help PE4CE14's problem?

ShinKai
Jul 11, 2013, 01:43 PM
I run PSO2 in Boot Camp under Windows on my Mac as well.

I dunno about other peoples macs, (mine a 4 year old Macbook Pro.) but mine runs PSO2 pretty well. Most of the times, I only see lag when I just transferred into a lobby, or when I notice my laptop fan is unhooked.

Aside from that, I was surprised how well PSO2 actually runs, and it looks great too. Under Boot Camp, I can use my XBox 360 controller as well.

I personally don't recommend gaming on a Mac, but Boot Camp can work well if you don't know much about how a PC's system works like I don't.

With Boot Camp, I also have steam with TF2, HL2, Splinter Cell, etc. I even got Aion to work on it. Though if you're on a laptop, I feel a fan under it is a must. It will overheat. Bad.

PE4CE14
Jul 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Why would anyone want a Mac, anyway? That shit's worse than Windows 8.

I respect your opinion, but obviously thats not answering the question or helping the situation.

Im sure MAC can play most flash games too, but let's stay on topic.
Can anyone help PE4CE14's problem?
Thank you for throwing us back on topic! And yes, I need help! hah(:

I run PSO2 in Boot Camp under Windows on my Mac as well.

I dunno about other peoples macs, (mine a 4 year old Macbook Pro.) but mine runs PSO2 pretty well. Most of the times, I only see lag when I just transferred into a lobby, or when I notice my laptop fan is unhooked.

Aside from that, I was surprised how well PSO2 actually runs, and it looks great too. Under Boot Camp, I can use my XBox 360 controller as well.

I personally don't recommend gaming on a Mac, but Boot Camp can work well if you don't know much about how a PC's system works like I don't.

With Boot Camp, I also have steam with TF2, HL2, Splinter Cell, etc. I even got Aion to work on it. Though if you're on a laptop, I feel a fan under it is a must. It will overheat. Bad.

Awesome. You have a 4 year old Macbook Pro while I have the latest one before the Retina version. This is great news!

And I know about the heat! I definitely need a fan! the heat was so bad, lol. And my battery runs low faster. Thank you so much for the info! It is greatly appreciated.

What graphic level are you playing on? 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? and what type of Windows do you have? 7 or 8?

Thank you!

ShinKai
Jul 11, 2013, 02:53 PM
No problem. Glad to help. :)

I'm currently playing on the default graphics. (I haven't messed with them at all. I can check when I play later if you need more info than that)

And, I'm running Windows 7. If you're running Windows 8, I don't know much about how that would work with Boot Camp. I will say though, that installing Windows 7 on my Boot Camp was not fun. It's very picky about what disk you use. I needed to order for my official CD to do it. (I had an online liscence, but none of the disks I burned worked.)

I hope to see you on PSO2 soon. I'm on Ship 2 as well.

Gama
Jul 11, 2013, 03:48 PM
quote PE4CE14

[SPOILER-BOX]
I respect your opinion, but obviously thats not answering the question or helping the situation.

Thank you for throwing us back on topic! And yes, I need help! hah(:

Awesome. You have a 4 year old Macbook Pro while I have the latest one before the Retina version. This is great news!

And I know about the heat! I definitely need a fan! the heat was so bad, lol. And my battery runs low faster. Thank you so much for the info! It is greatly appreciated.

What graphic level are you playing on? 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? and what type of Windows do you have? 7 or 8?

Thank you![/SPOILER-BOX]

i woudl sugest using basic shaders with hd textures, to prevent heat issues until you get a fan.

gl

SnowfoxZero
Jul 11, 2013, 06:18 PM
Because OSX is Unix based you can install Wine on it. Wine will run PSO on Linux, but your best option is to install a virtual version of windows 7 if you don't know what you're doing. Windows virtual pc for mac is the most stable (formerly VMware)

TheAstarion
Jul 11, 2013, 07:01 PM
One of our guild members uses Parallels and the only thing he can't do is rotate furniture.

Crtl+arrow switches him to his mac desktop, so all his furniture in his room faces the same way

Pugas87
Sep 22, 2013, 11:00 AM
I am currently running pso2 using windows 8 through boot camp on my macbook pro. Like yours its the one before the retina version. I have not changed any graphics and I have no problems with it whatsoever. The laptop does get hot but I adjusted the fan settings to be always on instead of at a certain temp. Like I said works great!

qoxolg
Sep 22, 2013, 12:20 PM
Lol guys... A Mac running bootcamp is no different from any other regular PC. It uses the same Intel chips and the same mobile graphics chips as other laptops.

I've been running PSO2 maxed on my almost 3 year old iMac on 1080p. Fans hardly kick in.

And don't worry about a laptop getting hot. It's not like it's going to kill it.

Walkure
Sep 22, 2013, 12:56 PM
Windows 7 and 8 can run PSO2 fine. If possible, try Win8 since it has some performance upgrades.

In general PC is considered the "gaming os".
For now. Linux looks promising as long as OpenGL continues to at least keep pace with DirectX. Valve's already putting a lot of investments into getting Steam on Linux up and running, and getting it's entire library to work on Linux platforms.

Then again, every year has people proclaiming "next year will be the year of Linux". It still looks promising, though.

Lol guys... A Mac running bootcamp is no different from any other regular PC. It uses the same Intel chips and the same mobile graphics chips as other laptops.

I've been running PSO2 maxed on my almost 3 year old iMac on 1080p. Fans hardly kick in.

And don't worry about a laptop getting hot. It's not like it's going to kill it.Yeah, laptop cores are designed to operate at higher temperatures than desktop cores, but you still don't really want it operating above 90C for long periods of time.

UnLucky
Sep 22, 2013, 12:57 PM
Nice necro. PE4CE hasn't even been to PSO-W in a couple months, so I doubt he'll see your reply.