PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Virgin

EK Dynomite
Jul 12, 2013, 02:19 AM
I could not wait for the English version anymore, Sega continues to disappoint me again and again. So I said screw it I'll get the JP version. So as a long term veteran of PSO1 and PSU, is there anything I should know beforehand/tips?

P.S: This sure is a long download...

Ce'Nedra
Jul 12, 2013, 02:25 AM
Ship 2 is where it's at. Avoid Block 20 at all costs though.

Aside that, a lot of info can be found on the following two websites:

http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

http://bumped.org/psublog/

strikerhunter
Jul 12, 2013, 02:27 AM
I could not wait for the English version anymore, Sega continues to disappoint me again and again. So I said screw it I'll get the JP version. So as a long term veteran of PSO1 and PSU, is there anything I should know beforehand/tips?

P.S: This sure is a long download...

Yea you are in time for the free character slot that is going to be given out on the 17th/16th

EK Dynomite
Jul 12, 2013, 02:29 AM
Is ship 2 where most of the English players are? Also what's wrong with block 20 I'm curious.

strikerhunter
Jul 12, 2013, 02:34 AM
Is ship 2 where most of the English players are? Also what's wrong with block 20 I'm curious.

B20 is primary made up of AFk dancers, falz noobs (trying to not to be mean by saying idoits), and the normal lobby chatters.
Probably the only main reason to be there is either you are questing with friends, doing TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders), XQ (Extreme Quests), or AQs (Advance Quests).

Ce'Nedra
Jul 12, 2013, 02:35 AM

B20 was the "original" English block but mostly morons and trolls roam there now.

People are kinda spread over all blocks now. Blocks 9 and 10 are pretty common to find English people but those are Very Hard blocks which you can't play until you are level 40.

Rien
Jul 12, 2013, 02:36 AM
@ Above ^

You can get in the blocks at any level, but people run Very Hard mode there so you won't find many people to play with (though you might see someone to talk to)

EK Dynomite
Jul 12, 2013, 02:42 AM
I see. One final question guys, can I have my own room like in PSU? If so does it work the same? (Shops, storage, decor, etc)

blace
Jul 12, 2013, 03:04 AM
Rooms can be gained with passes, ie. 3 day My Room pass, bought with AC, ie. 30/60/90 Day Premium/My Room tickets.

Shops are either 3 day shop passed or Premium for the service. You can decorate the room in any way you want and storage has a maximum capacity of 200 slots. Additional storage requires Premium for extra storage or rent storage slots.

strikerhunter
Jul 12, 2013, 03:27 AM
I see. One final question guys, can I have my own room like in PSU? If so does it work the same? (Shops, storage, decor, etc)

In Episode 2 which comes out on the 17th, everyone gets a small mini-my-room which is free whereas the My Room is much larger and had to be accessed by obtaining a My Room ticket.

And yes it can be decorated like in PSU, also unlike in PSU you can change the scenery view from outside of the room.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 12, 2013, 03:44 AM
@ Above ^

You can get in the blocks at any level, but people run Very Hard mode there so you won't find many people to play with (though you might see someone to talk to)

Well yeah I ment it that way ^^ Sorry if it was unclear.

Vashyron
Jul 12, 2013, 04:04 AM
also unlike in PSU you can change the scenery view from outside of the room.

You could do this in PSU.

Lostbob117
Jul 12, 2013, 04:04 AM
Since you played psu, just think of how the fourth floor was in that game. Now think of it being weirdos- Oh wait, they both were full of weirdos. Anyways,

This is a build simulator: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php

Make your skill tree before you actually make it

Here is the official build thread of psow: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010&highlight=official+build
Some good info there.

Some other links that weren't linked in this thread already.
-http://arkive.info/
-http://pso2.swiki.jp/

So far from what I know are viable class setups:
Hu/Fi
Fi/Hu
Ra/Gu
Ra/Hu
Gu/Ra
Fo/Fi
Te/Hu

I'm still up for testing out some other combinations such as, Fi/Ra, Fi/Gu. Until someone test them I will say that they're not viable. Also you can test out new things, but so far this is what people find viable. The list may not even be completed.

Hu/Te and Hu/Fo might be viable. I didn't really hear much about them.

strikerhunter
Jul 12, 2013, 04:14 AM
You could do this in PSU.

I didn't played PSU to that point before quieting. And then returning to the portable series having the My Room the same way it was............well yea you get the story.

Rosel
Jul 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
You'll be even more disappointed in SEGA once you play the game.

EK Dynomite
Jul 12, 2013, 11:52 AM
Okay thanks guys. Sucks I have to spend money to do all that. I would've rather just payed 10$/ a month.

Installing now, see you all when I'm on.

BTW my character name will be Quadraxis, If anyone sees me ^^;

~Aya~
Jul 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
To troll is wonderful thing.. it truly is an art form~

B20 is where the NPC's gather to do what NPC's do best.

Vashyron
Jul 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
I didn't played PSU to that point before quieting. And then returning to the portable series having the My Room the same way it was............well yea you get the story.

I don't remember if it was a AOTI only thing but there were tickets to change your room's location from the colony to one of the planets.

Jungo Torii
Jul 12, 2013, 03:59 PM
B20 is a good place to maybe make a few social friends or find a good team (there are good players that will frequent there for the social aspect without staying to actually do quests there).

As others have said, it's not exactly an ideal place for finding the most efficient players, but it's not always the hellhole people make it out to be.

Zenobia
Jul 12, 2013, 05:14 PM
B20 is a good place to maybe make a few social friends or find a good team (there are good players that will frequent there for the social aspect without staying to actually do quests there).

As others have said, it's not exactly an ideal place for finding the most efficient players, but it's not always the hellhole people make it out to be.

The notion when you assume you only make an ass outta of you and me comes to mind every time someone says b20 instead of some people on b20.

Shinureal
Jul 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
YO there! I was on Ship 2 before but didn't find any English speaking players, so I switched to Ship 10 (that's what internet told me) & I've met some there.

HIT0SHI
Jul 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
You should've checked block 20 on Ship 2. However most people don't like the community there thanks to a minor few (on my personal experience) ruining it for the rest like on Falz Elder not breaking the arms and some trolling and Symbol Art spam.

Shinureal
Jul 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
That's very unfortunate. Now I can't go back to ship 2; I don't wanna delete my character or losing the few friends I made on ship 10.