打撃アップ1
打撃力が上昇する

BraverAtpFirearmUp1
射撃アップ1
射撃力が上昇する
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zenobia
Jul 13, 2013, 07:39 PM
Why is the thread called PA's when these are the skills that will be on the skill tree minus a few lol?

oOSAROo
Jul 13, 2013, 10:45 PM
oh yeah sorry ^^;

Rien
Jul 14, 2013, 01:45 AM
Any news on stats of PAs?

I really wanna see the power on Wild Round, Na Grants and Guilty Break.

Syklo
Jul 14, 2013, 02:18 AM
No bullet bow gear......
and katana gear seems to boost its counter ability......
hmmmmmm

Neferpitou
Jul 14, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hu/Braver looks like it will be good if WeakChargeBonus affects Sword/Partisan charge attacks.

p.s does anyone know if you will need to unlock this class or will it be available as a starter class

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2013, 11:03 AM
No bullet bow gear......
and katana gear seems to boost its counter ability......
hmmmmmmShorttime/Multi Shot, is likely going to be the BB's answer to katana gear.

And Katana gear boosts counter damage as well as boosting your damage and, I think, attack speed, when you counter (it's the purple aura in the videos).

Hu/Braver looks like it will be good if WeakChargeBonus affects Sword/Partisan charge attacks.
I was thinking the same thing. Hu/Br seems like a good combo.

Braver is gonna be a basic class.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2013, 11:04 AM
I think it'll be available as a starter.

Since when they advertise dumans in character create they already have katana/bow equiped.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it's a starter. Its sub viability isn't really as great as people make it out to be, based on the multipliers. Average Stance gets you 1.21x damage, 10% charge bonus, and 20% more crits. Weak Stance gets you 1.43x weak point damage, 10% charge bonus, and 20% more crits, but what appears to be .9x damage against all non-weak points.

Compare that to brave stance's 1.44x against everything facing towards you and 1.69x everything facing away from you.

Z-0
Jul 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
From the skills, Braver sounds like it's gonna suck. ;/ I was hoping Rapid Shoot would be 10% charging time, not multiple normal attacks (lol...), but nope.

I'm hoping that Combat and its PA selection is gonna make it good, and I'm hoping its not all flash and no substance like a certain class called Gunner.

jooozek
Jul 14, 2013, 12:51 PM
katanas prolly gonna be as bad as twin daggers

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2013, 12:53 PM
Suck gameplay wise or efficiency wise?

Usually differing from person to person only either will be important.

As long as they're fun they don't need to keep up with waber's DPS and RA/HU's nerf begging tactics. But who know's if they'll be fun... they only LOOK fun to me so far. And dagger looked fun too before I hated it. >_>;;

But yeah from the gameplay streams they look like they hold up fine regardless of whatever skills they were using. (and when they stream they always have halfassed setups/playstyles...)

Gardios
Jul 14, 2013, 12:56 PM
From the skills, Braver sounds like it's gonna suck. ;/ I was hoping Rapid Shoot would be 10% charging time, not multiple normal attacks (lol...), but nope.

They can always buff Braver next after the Fighter changes, Braver will no doubt be more popular than Techer anyway. :wacko:

The class looks pretty fun though, so I personally don't really care.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 01:00 PM
Unless all the power is in the base weapons, not the tree, yes it will suck. They're probably prenerfing it hardcore, and then making it very flashy, like they did with HU.

Yes, the flashiness was the real reason everyone was playing melee until it finally got boosted. It was entertaining to play and watch because it did way more than stand around and snipe, and most stand-around-and-snipe players found a game that did that stuff better.

jooozek
Jul 14, 2013, 01:01 PM
Suck gameplay wise or efficiency wise?

Usually differing from person to person only either will be important.

As long as they're fun they don't need to keep up with waber's DPS and RA/HU's nerf begging tactics. But who know's if they'll be fun... they only LOOK fun to me so far. And dagger looked fun too before I hated it. >_>;;

But yeah from the gameplay streams they look like they hold up fine regardless of whatever skills they were using. (and when they stream they always have halfassed setups/playstyles...)
they were using actually 10* stuff grinded to +10 with 50 element on hard mode level 40 monsters 8-)

Zenobia
Jul 14, 2013, 01:06 PM
they were using actually 10* stuff grinded to +10 with 50 element on hard mode level 40 monsters 8-)

And still wussy footed around.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2013, 04:57 PM
Unless all the power is in the base weapons, not the tree, yes it will suck. They're probably prenerfing it hardcore, and then making it very flashy, like they did with HU.

Well Katana Combat looks to be pretty good, so that and the Gear and the Stances should add up to something at least.

Really comes down to PA Power and weapon stats, but that means Braver as a sub is kind of crappy.

Kitoshi
Jul 14, 2013, 05:08 PM

And used +175 dex mags and store bought lucky rise units.

But i forgot we have people on this forum that are clairvoyant and know everything from a single look at a stream/video.

jooozek
Jul 14, 2013, 06:27 PM
And used +175 dex mags and store bought lucky rise units.

But i forgot we have people on this forum that are clairvoyant and know everything from a single look at a stream/video.

and? they also had maxed the braver mag skill that converts dex to half worth of R/S-ATK
and if it was your average player the affixes on units would be +60 X-ATK so they'd lose out on average 180 X-ATK so yeah?
dont really see what you are trying to say outside of trying to trashtalk me

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2013, 06:28 PM
Doesn't change the fact that they play like noobs, despite GM spawned gear or whatever it is.

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2013, 06:35 PM

I'm hoping that Combat and its PA selection is gonna make it good, and I'm hoping its not all flash and no substance like a certain class called Gunner.
These are pretty much my exact thoughts.

I'll still play them (with my 60 hunter as sub) for the stylish combat moves, but I get the impression they're gonna need a big buff ala Hunter right off the bat. :/

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 06:54 PM
I still can't grasp what Rapid Shoot is meant to actually do, so I won't bother trying to pass judgment until I see it in action.

Gardios
Jul 14, 2013, 06:59 PM
Bullet bow is all about spamming PAs and replenishing PP quickly with Rapid Shoot... maybe.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it's the maybe part that's getting me. I dunno, that just seems...like something they wouldn't create an entire active, weapon-centric ability around.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2013, 07:04 PM
Wait, it's an active ability not a passive?

jooozek
Jul 14, 2013, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E_aE3iMf2OY#t=320s isn't this the moment when he pops rapid shoot? looks like it spams more erratic arrows
errr, time link doesn't work, 5:20

Z-0
Jul 14, 2013, 07:06 PM
Active, yes.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2013, 07:08 PM
Well that's dumb :/

Zenobia
Jul 14, 2013, 09:46 PM
Well that's dumb :/

Well that's Sega 8D!

Alisha
Jul 14, 2013, 11:33 PM
hmn maybe with zanverse?

AgemFrostMage
Jul 15, 2013, 05:09 AM
Yeah, it's a starter. Its sub viability isn't really as great as people make it out to be, based on the multipliers. Average Stance gets you 1.21x damage, 10% charge bonus, and 20% more crits. Weak Stance gets you 1.43x weak point damage, 10% charge bonus, and 20% more crits, but what appears to be .9x damage against all non-weak points.

Compare that to brave stance's 1.44x against everything facing towards you and 1.69x everything facing away from you.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but those things will really add up. It's like 40% bonus mastery for an element doesn't sound like a lot, but what if you have wind and lightning masteries maxed out, and take 5 minutes to defeat Vardha with no mastery? The 40% means you get to finish him off in 3 because the damage adds up over time. Five minutes is 300 seconds, right? What is 300 * .40? It is 120, which is two minutes, and that gets subtracted from the 300 seconds, so if it takes 5 minutes to defeat without masteries it will take 3 minutes to defeat with, zan for little things, then zondeel and zonde for the core. Principle applies to any level of course just switch out wind and lightning for dark with vol dragon, etc.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2013, 07:38 AM
40% is huge, 21% is significant, but 44% and 69% blow 21% way out of the water - especially with more stance ups on the way for fighter.

Kitoshi
Jul 15, 2013, 08:39 AM
and? they also had maxed the braver mag skill that converts dex to half worth of R/S-ATK
and if it was your average player the affixes on units would be +60 X-ATK so they'd lose out on average 180 X-ATK so yeah?
dont really see what you are trying to say outside of trying to trashtalk me

Yet they didn't use the other braver mag skill which converts ANOTHER 25 % on top of that.

Just saying to not jump to conclusions, it wasn't meant as a trashtalk.
The way people put it on this forum sometimes is just like they know it all right of the bat while it's nothing more then theory so far, solid theory/numbers maybe, but theory none the less.

In example we don't know what kind of % modifiers there is going to be on the PA's yet ? Unless i missed a piece of mining along the way somewhere.

Braver might as well have high dex % on the remaining PA's we haven't seen yet, cause let's face it the streams have shown like 1 or 2 pa's in a solid fighting environment.

As for my personal opinion on braver.
It will very likely be weaker then HU/FI or FI/HU for that matter cause it seems braver just can't match those insane % stacks those have.

But you also can't forget the katana gear which seems to be a very significant increase to both crit and actual damage, but once again that is also speculation from seeing streams/vids so i can't be sure on that.

+there is "combat" which i believe increases attack speed ?
I personally think this is going to be an attack speed based "DPS" class more then burst damage/high numbers.
And you also can't expect to much of a dual weapon class to be insanely OP right of the bat, this is sega we are talking about.

A small "disclaimer" that i have not looked at all the mined information available yet, as to not spoil myself to much on skills, so if some of my skill information is wrong, forgive me.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2013, 08:43 AM
I think we have seen the multipliers on the new PA's, but given that the multipliers on the PA's we have now are also either unreliable or misleading in many cases that's still nothing we can really base assumptions off of.

I'm all about the theorycrafting, but there's just not enough there right now. We'll have to wait for the update to launch.

edit: My main concern is braver's base weapons will be very powerful to make up the difference in skills, and foregoing them in a melee build will be like foregoing double sabers on a fi/hu - deadly archer is a huge part of the class and going without it is just intentionally gimping yourself.

Incidentally, this may be precisely what I've asked for for a while now. I'm tired of skilltrees being so defining that you're forced into one half of a tree, and then you're pigeonholed into using only what those bonuses apply to. The most blatant example is hunter: Damage is the most versatile, so you invest into it to stay useful in most situations - but now you can't really tank at all if you want to. If they reduced the bonuses on both sides to be much lower, then boosted base performance so a spec still has the same resultant numbers, playing something that isn't in your spec would be less limiting.

The problem is this is unbearably imbalanced if you can get a 2x multiplier from a sub. Which you can. So they'd need to give this treatment to every single class.

Kitoshi
Jul 15, 2013, 08:47 AM
I think we have seen the multipliers on the new PA's, but given that the multipliers on the PA's we have now are also either unreliable or misleading in many cases that's still nothing we can really base assumptions off of.

I'm all about the theorycrafting, but there's just not enough there right now. We'll have to wait for the update to launch.

Ah, i must have missed those multipliers then.

And yes, i fully agree, it's hard to theorycraft when the info is this "dodgy" for lack of better term.

jooozek
Jul 15, 2013, 08:47 AM
Yet they didn't use the other braver mag skill which converts ANOTHER 25 % on top of that.

Just saying to not jump to conclusions, it wasn't meant as a trashtalk.
The way people put it on this forum sometimes is just like they know it all right of the bat while it's nothing more then theory so far, solid theory/numbers maybe, but theory none the less.

In example we don't know what kind of % modifiers there is going to be on the PA's yet ? Unless i missed a piece of mining along the way somewhere.

Braver might as well have high dex % on the remaining PA's we haven't seen yet, cause let's face it the streams have shown like 1 or 2 pa's in a solid fighting environment.

As for my personal opinion on braver.
It will very likely be weaker then HU/FI or FI/HU for that matter cause it seems braver just can't match those insane % stacks those have.

But you also can't forget the katana gear which seems to be a very significant increase to both crit and actual damage, but once again that is also speculation from seeing streams/vids so i can't be sure on that.

+there is "combat" which i believe increases attack speed ?
I personally think this is going to be an attack speed based "DPS" class more then burst damage/high numbers.
And you also can't expect to much of a dual weapon class to be insanely OP right of the bat, this is sega we are talking about.

A small "disclaimer" that i have not looked at all the mined information available yet, as to not spoil myself to much on skills, so if some of my skill information is wrong, forgive me.
i went ahead and datamined the PA multipliers just for you
here is a scrap:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1737297-CJ6TVXS.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kitoshi
Jul 15, 2013, 09:14 AM
i went ahead and datamined the PA multipliers just for you
here is a scrap:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1737297-CJ6TVXS.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, i could say i "stand corrected" but there is nothing to be corrected on in terms of PA's.

I guess a 110% dex modifier on 1 of the PA's is atleast something.

In the end i think it's going to end up like Dsabers, fast but "low" dmg per hit, but when you stack all hits the dmg isn't so bad after all.
And you can't forget this was most likely designed as a multi purpose class, hench the 2 weapons to cover close range as well as long range on a single class.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2013, 09:18 AM
LOL all level 15 PAs...

I'm actually curious if they're gonna get more than 6 per weapon, a lot sooner than "eventually."

It seems like the class is more built around being speedy and swapping between bow/katana and JGing.

I re-watched this vid like 3 times... and they've done none of that. I can accept this class not being anywhere near the best. But I don't think it'll suck as bad as people make it sound. (at least not as bad as people make it SOUND.)

To me they only look as bad as the squeak squad has played them. A bunch of level 60's with haxed out gear taking 10 minutes to kill a MINIBOSS that looks like a water rockbear? a solo dagger user with average gameplay skill could handle that in 2 minutes... pussyfooting is an understatement here. >_>;;

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2013, 09:22 AM
Being that dex is all about average damage it does make sense that dex-based weapons would be all about a large number of hits, making the average easier to achieve.

UnLucky
Jul 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
But a high dex means your damage spread is minimal, so one large hit or many small hits don't matter, at any given time you'll have the same output.

A low dex/high str (or crit) build would only average out over time, so one large hit might not reliably defeat an enemy, but 10 hits at 10% damage would almost always finish things off.

And what kind of trash PA has 124 power? That's the lowest in the game.

The Walrus
Jul 15, 2013, 10:30 AM
It might be katana's version of stun concide or whatever it's called

Chdata
Jul 15, 2013, 05:49 PM
"+there is "combat" which i believe increases attack speed ?
I personally think this is going to be an attack speed based "DPS" class more then burst damage/high numbers."

If this speculation is true, it honestly sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. I way prefer things that do tons of hits that are slightly weaker to end up as strong as the other guy using slow weapons that do huge hits.

At least depending on the situation, sometimes it feels more natural with the slow two hit kill over 30 hits per second kills.

Gardios
Jul 15, 2013, 05:56 PM
The katana PA damage numbers at Lv 15 were all around 250% or something in the stream—if the class isn't DPS then lol. Let's hope it won't have release-wand-like hit stop if that's the case.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2013, 05:57 PM
Katanas with significant hitstop.

Only sega could think that up.

I'm expecting it now.

The Walrus
Jul 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
I would probably break my controller if they did that

Kondibon
Jul 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
Judging by the videos hitstop shouldn't be an issue for them, though I am pretty worried about those low multipliers.

Vandread
Jul 16, 2013, 02:20 AM
On the flipside of all these low multipliers; take a look at your Double Saber PAs (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/others_4.php#dsaber). So which one of you uses Illusion Rave, since it's the highest %? Or how many use Deadly Archer (lol, a lot more), or Acro Effect?

Acro Effect in general is still one of the better PA's for DSabers for overall DPS purposes, even though it ranks the lowest in terms of power (although that 110% Dex mod might help). Sure it's not as insane as just lol-DA-spam, but still.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 02:30 AM
On the flipside of all these low multipliers; take a look at your Double Saber PAs (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/others_4.php#dsaber). So which one of you uses Illusion Rave, since it's the highest %? Or how many use Deadly Archer (lol, a lot more), or Acro Effect?

Acro Effect in general is still one of the better PA's for DSabers for overall DPS purposes, even though it ranks the lowest in terms of power (although that 110% Dex mod might help). Sure it's not as insane as just lol-DA-spam, but still.

I use Acro effect plenty mainly and also to note its JG(actually a parry) effect on all 4 swings also I use Illusion rave after using surprise dunk nice pa combos you can set up off of those 2.

elsword
Jul 16, 2013, 04:01 AM
Lv.15 PA power : 124

what the...

Rien
Jul 16, 2013, 04:22 AM
Considering Grenade Shell/Piercing Shell/Dead Approach all have under 200 power at level 15...

Syklo
Jul 16, 2013, 05:30 AM
The power indicator either represents the damage modifier for:
-A single hit of the PA
-All the hits of the PA combined.

So, yeah.

jooozek
Jul 16, 2013, 05:36 AM
Considering Grenade Shell/Piercing Shell/Dead Approach all have under 200 power at level 15...

yeah, and their damage is as bad

FerrickX
Jul 16, 2013, 10:49 AM
from the video, it looks like most of the PAs are multi hits (even though 60% of the gameplay is just them wussing around.... thanks, sega), so i hope the percentage are for each hits, not for the grand total

but if its for a single hit PA... then those percentage are terrible...