PDA

View Full Version : What's your playstyle like

Chdata
Jul 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
Basically, describe your own little idiosyncrasies related to the classes you play.

I've really only played my Force class so here's my set up and how I usually use it.

Between my six weapon slots I have Rod | Talis | Gunslash | Rod | Talis | Gunslash.

I've considered forever to replace one of the extra gunslash slots with another rod/talis loadout, but I never get to it anyway.

I usually unload with spells and then switch to gunslash shoot and gain PP back.

I switch between Rod/Talis a lot depending on which seems more useful, more often will I use the Rod though. Some bosses like Gwanada are much easier take down with Talis though.

My Rod has four spells so I can't melee with it, while I leave the throwing card open on Talis.

This is my spell selection so far:

http://i.imgur.com/Qi8fTZ1.png

My subpalette is accessed by the 1-0 buttons on my keyboard, not on the numpad though.

On 3 I have resta, 5/6 are shifta/deband. 0 is Anti and the others are healing items, moonstones, photon blast, and telepipes.

Anyway, with Talis as you can see I use it to throw AoE spells everywhere. I mostly use it on Gwanada really and actually I dunno why I have zondeel on both. I'm actually gonna go change that right now ;o

I try to not use any spell more than once in my loadouts.

The zondeel even being part of it is experimental since I really never have much use for it unless I feel like seeing a big group of enemies all take damage at once.

The rods are split between attacks that shoot projectiles, and attacks that require direct aim. I switch between third and first person a lot depending on the situation. If I'm in third person, it's always so I can use rafoie and gizonde easier.

Also I just noticed there's a megid in place of my gizonde in the 4th loadout, I've fixed that since too.

Against large groups of enemies and even large bosses or bosses that are particularly weak to it, I use Zan. I used to use Talis+AoE spells against large groups of enemies but lately Zan has just been showing to be much more useful more often. I secondarily use gizonde as an "AoE" like this if there are mechs around. I usually switch around a lot between using whatever my enemies are weak too. I don't really like Ragrants and only started using it for CO's that require Rod kills vs Gwanada really.

Some day I'll probably replace one of the gunslashes with another rod/talis but I haven't bothered yet ;o

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2013, 09:17 PM
I spam moves and use daggers as movement.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110465980/weapon%20set%20pas.PNG

The Walrus
Jul 13, 2013, 09:26 PM
Kill shit before it kills me

vantwan123
Jul 13, 2013, 10:57 PM
Spam AB on mobs, spam DA on bosses.

Everything dies too fast for me to worry about actually playing the game, and also .2 sec invul on step dash is pretty godly.

~Aya~
Jul 13, 2013, 11:05 PM
Spam AB on mobs, spam DA on bosses.

Everything dies too fast for me to worry about actually playing the game, and also .2 sec invul on step dash is pretty godly.

exactly what I do... except I use Neiclaw as well

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 13, 2013, 11:19 PM
Kill shit before it kills me

the best and only way to play :p

BlankM
Jul 13, 2013, 11:26 PM
I try to find the best PA for different situations so my palette is constantly changing.

Punisher106
Jul 14, 2013, 12:02 AM
Deadly Archer.

'Nuff said.

holmwood
Jul 14, 2013, 12:55 AM
It's kind of sad how people just use 1 or two PAs then spam them...

Shambertin
Jul 14, 2013, 01:05 AM
Zondeel>zonde i win, Questions?

jooozek
Jul 14, 2013, 01:07 AM

go bitch at SEGA because it isn't the players fault that 90% of stuff in this game is useless :-?

Sayara
Jul 14, 2013, 01:20 AM
I play as a defensive FO. with defense HU skills as a subclass. I use spells purposefully to get enemies away from glass cannons and onto myself. (Zondeel)
I make it so i can keep restas active for peeps and not die in 2 hits like most other glass cannons do.

for HU stuff i use abilities that control my enemies (grapples, stuns etc)
Sword - Nova Strike/Stun Coincide/Sonic Arrow
partisan - Slide End/AB/Speed
Wire Lance - Another Spin, Cerberus Dance, Heavenly Drop

Main techs:
Razan (knockup), Zondeel, Zonde(close in), Rafoie, Na zan

Xaelouse
Jul 14, 2013, 01:26 AM

well they're just using what works.
as of now, Wired Lance is the only weapon with plenty of situational PA that you'll be likely to use 3 different ones

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 14, 2013, 01:49 AM
Launcher

Syklo
Jul 14, 2013, 02:14 AM
With the exception of starting out and initially unlocking the palette expansions as HU, I never use duplicate weapon (categories) in my loadouts.
For my FI/TE caseal, on default:
1- Daggers; Waltz, scherzo, orchestra
2- DS; Acro, tornado, DA
3- Knuckles; Surprise, pendulum, flash
4- All-class TMG;
5- GS; thrills, slash rave, AB
6- All-class Wand; techs not noteworthy.
I switch between my subpalettes all the time (in book2); my first one is what I normally use, with S/D, resta/megiverse, PB, stances and misc techs like ragrants, to abuse CHASE! (Or for teh lulz); the other 2 are just the other techs I normally use.
For my main 3, the weapon I use either depends on the enemy species, or the element I have for it (which is related to species...), e.g. I use thunder knuckles on mechs and dark daggers on sanctum/FC dragons.
For special situations, I just change my pa slots on the fly. So if I encounter a quartz dragon, I just quickly switch my waltz to symphonic drive and my scherzo to quick march using my swiftykeyboardskeeelz; falz hunar, switch tornado to DA.
The allclass TMG I have there for status effects, like freeze 3 for vol dragon feet.

But to summarise my playstyle overall......call me a treasure hunter or collector; spending more time with dudu and storage than in the field.

holmwood
Jul 14, 2013, 03:39 AM
Oh, did you know that sazonde can activate zondeel?

Just throwing it out there. I just found out about it myself.

Sakarisei
Jul 14, 2013, 06:32 AM
In my case...

HU/TE 1:

Sword 1: Rising Edge, Sonic Arrow x2
Sword 2: Sonic Arrow x3
Sword 3: Nova Strike, Sonic Arrow x2
Sword 4: Over End x3
Partisan: Assault Buster, Rising Flag, Trick Wave
Free Class Wand: Fire wand with Foie/Safoie, Rafoie, Gifoie

HU/TE 2:

Sword 3: Over End x3
Wired Lance: Other Spin, Heavenly Fall, Other Cyclone

HU/TE 3:

Sword 3: Over End x3
Free Class Wand: Dark wand with Megid, Samegid, Ramegid

FI/HU:

Double Saber 1: Illusion Rave, Acro Effect / Tornado Dance, Surprise Dunk
Double Saber 2: Deadly Archer x3 (Mine is large range)
Twin Dagger 2: Symphonic Drive, Quick March, Raging Waltz
Twin Dagger 2: Orchestra x3 / Dark Scherzo
Knuckles: Straight Charge, Flash Thousand
Gunslash: Additional Bullet x3

RA/HU 1:

Assault Rifle: One Point (My favourite PA), Sneak Shooter, Diffuse Shell
Launcher: Divine Launcher, Concentrate One (My other one too), Cluster Bullet / Rodeo Drive

RA/HU 2:

Assault Rifle: One Point (My favourite PA), Sneak Shooter, Diffuse Shell
Launcher: Divine Launcher, Concentrate One (My other one too), Cluster Bullet / Rodeo Drive
Free Class Sword 1: Rising Edge, Sonic Arrow x2
Free Class Sword 2: Sonic Arrow x3
Free Class Sword 3: Over End x3

oratank
Jul 14, 2013, 06:49 AM
use cool animation pa when do solo
use mob killing pa when aq ex ta

BlueCast Boy
Jul 14, 2013, 07:26 AM
sometimes i do combos that totally look like the ones in fighting games, on HU since i'm more of a rush type I use alot of ride cluster before any pa's especially over end, etcetera etcetera. wands are also fun to use than wands but talis I have my strategy to cast on mobs thru coordination.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2013, 08:27 AM
I sub Techer for everything; Buffs and heals instead of mates. when I'm playing RA main, I circle strafe enemies a lot and switch between One point, Diffuse Shell, and Sneak Shooter.

When I main FI, I just punch things. Unless Ragne spawns; then I use daggers. :lol:

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 08:30 AM
i hit stuff with swords until i can't hit stuff with swords anymore because either
a.) i'm dead
b.) everything else is dead

Shinureal
Jul 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
I'm a hunter, so basically I love using big swords, but when the enemies are strong or many, I switch to my gun to reduce them, then I go back to my beloved sword and finish them :D

SquashDemon
Jul 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
I favor swords, in fact, I'm rarely seen without my Ruin Gloam.

I also refuse to equip swords I don't like the look of, even if they'd be stronger.

I usually line up PA's that go well with eachother, my favored combo is Zondeel, Nova strike, Rising strike, Cruel throw. I also make claims of being a HUmar rather than a HUFO, Oh, and I roleplay my character as he appeared in PSO:

A raving madman.

Recently I came across a nice pair of those Cycloadha morning stars, and I'm having fun with those, you might even see me use them somtime, because hey, they're damn cool lookin'

But nine times outta ten? I'll be holdin' the Gloam.

At least until I get my Dragon Slayer.

I also often talk about how I miss my Pilla Photon blast.

Pilla and I, we were bros.

MetalDude
Jul 15, 2013, 06:42 PM
Swords: Ride Slasher (builds gear exceptionally fast), Rising Edge (the other worthwhile chargeable sword PA; my favorite for boss killing now), Over End (broken as hell of course).
Partisans: One palette for Slide End, another for Assault Buster.
Wired Lance: Cerberus Dance (for gear building), Other Spin x2. Sadly they're just a touch too situational.

Twin Daggers: No comment, I barely touch them.
Knuckles: Straight Charge. This will change with the FI buff (woo Pendulum Roll realizing its true potential)
Double Sabers: Deadly Archer, sometimes Acro Effect while running HU/FI to clean out Gu Wondas faster.

Gunslash: One for Additional Bullet and another for Aiming Shot if I'm playing RA or GU.
Rifle: One Point, Sneak Shooter, Homing Emission (stupidly OP).
Launcher: Crazy Smash (it's got its utility),

Twin Machineguns: One pallet with Reverse Tap, Satellite Aim x2 and another with Aerial Shooting, Infinity Fire, and Elder Rebellion.

Zephir007
Jul 15, 2013, 07:38 PM
I use that, but iīm just lv21, so i donīt have all attacks. x3

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/sdbea13s/Unbenannt.png

Eveningxtar
Jul 15, 2013, 08:06 PM
Weapon Palette:
Sword A with only Sonic arrow for thrash mob
Sword A with only Overend for everything else
Sword B(dragon Mob) Sonic Arrow
Sword B(dragon Mob) Overend
Gunslash in hopes that its potential actually really help finding untekked stuff easier

Emp
Jul 15, 2013, 08:12 PM
Twin mech- aerial shooting/bullet squall/elder rebellion
Rifle- one point/diffuse shot/homing emmision
Gs- add bullet/add bullet/add bullet

As fo/te, I only use my talis with numerous tech setups. I prefer talis over rods and wands.

ARChan
Jul 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
As a HURA:
OE > OE > OE
Sonic Arrow > Rising Slash > Twister Fall
Assault Buster > Slide End > Slide Shaker
Sneak Shooter - Homing Emission - Diffuse Shell
AB > AB > AB
Fury Stance
Weak Bullet

As a GURA:
Infinite Fire > Elder Rebellion > Elder Rebellion
Dead Approach > Reverse Tap > Satellite Aim
Aerial Shooting > Reverse Tap > Bullet Squall
Crazy Smash - Cluster Bullet - Rodeo Drive
AB > AB > AB
Showtime
Weakening Bullet
Chain Trigger

As a GUHU:
OE > OE > OE
Sonic Arrow > Rising Slash > Twister Fall
Dead Approach > Reverse Tap > Satellite Aim
AB > AB > AB
Chain Trigger
Showtime
Fury Stance

Not gonna tell how and when I use them though - w-

Scale of Judgment
Jul 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hunter: Sword for bosses, Wire Lances for Bursts, Partizan for Assault Buster
Fighter: Deadly Archer
Ranger: Max WB with spamming PA, last wb switch to twinguns and activate chain for finisher. Launcher for crowd control and opening Krabs
Gunner: WB>Twinguns>chain
Force: Zondeel>Zonde, All techs pending on enemy weakness
Techer: Play same as Force.

boomboom
Jul 16, 2013, 02:51 AM
as hunter,
wired lances for enemy group (cyclone, cyclone)
gunslash for aerial enemy/duel (chrge shot)
sword for boss/duel (cause sword has biggest damage in my weaponry)

as fighter,
dual saber for enemy group/boss (flashy combo, cyclone gear weapon action)
twin dagger for aerial enemy/boss/duel (spamming those flying PA)

i mean boss, like when fighting rockbear/gwanahda
i mean duel, like when fighting persona

skill just stances

strikerhunter
Jul 16, 2013, 03:08 AM
I sub 54 hunter for the def and JA bonus along with fury stance, although the skill tree got messed up and needs fixing after maintenance when we get that skill tree reset pass. Yes subbing my 30 RA would help a lot but it doesn't fit my play-style, I also hate using WB, and I really hate the RA class, I also die more often with RA sub than HU sub and even more when just WBing.

60 GU and just spam the F out of chain trigger when needed/want to on the biggest mob/boss possible keeping it on cooldown.

-Playstyle: Up close range AOEer-
-When no FO or TE around: run into middle of most clustered mob, RT follow up by BS (lol) to connect an AOE combo that would generally kill most mobs within 1 or 2 Bullet Squalls (and people said GUs literally don't have a good AOE attack) and kill everything in that way.
-When with FO or TE: Run into the middle of zondeel and BS mobs aka steal their kills.
-BS down the heads of all bosses.
-Only us ER when 1-v-1 or need breathing space from mobs.
-BS aerial tank down bosses on sight.
(By BS i mean Bullet Squall not you know what)

I always keep my all class melee weapons in the case I just want to switch to melee or some boss (like malmoth) that has high R-def shows up.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 16, 2013, 03:17 AM
Because I'm bored at work:

FI/HU:
Double Saber - Deadly Archer, Deadly Archer, Deadly Archer
Double Saber - Tornado Dance, Rumbling Moon, Illusion Rave (Not always on my pallete due to lack of room)
WL - Other Spin, Heavenly fall, Ceberus Dance
Dagger - Scar Funge, Raging Waltz, Orchestra
Sword - Sonic Arrow, Sonic Arrow, Over End
Knuckle - Surprise Knuckle, Flash Thousand, Straight Charge
Gunslash - Additional Bullet, Additional Bullet, Additional Bullet
Umbra Rod - Replaces Gunslash for boss crystals only

GU/RA:
Rifle - Diffuse Shell, Sneak Shooter, One Point
Twin Machinegun - Elder Rebellion, Elder Rebellion, Elder Rebellion
Twin Machinegun - Satellite Aim, Elder Rebellion, Infinite Fire
Twin Machinegun - Deadly Approach, Infinite Fire, Bullet Squall
Gunslash - Additional Bullet, Additional Bullet, Additional Bullet

That's kinda all, I also play TE/FO right now to raise TE but I only put techs on my Umbra Rod that mobs are weak to in the area I play and the usual Zondeel/Zonde combo ofcourse. If I play this class combo or sub in any with melee then I have Shifta, Deband, Resta and Territory Burst on my subpallete.

I don't really have much of a playstyle though. There isn't much in this game where you actually need it, I just do what I feel like using and don't care for damage at all, though when I AQ I tend to use Other Spin a lot, specially if there is no FO around with Zondeel. That's all kinda.

Natsu Nem
Jul 16, 2013, 05:07 AM
I wanna kill some time.

General playstyle as a RA/HU: I shoot things while reacting to enemy attacks. In groups, I provide WB support.

RA/HU Palettes
P1: Rifle - Homing Emission, One Point, Sneak Shooter
Homing Emission: Primary rifle nuke. I either shotgun it against certain enemies(Arms, Ragne, Vol) or use a target switch hotkey to unleash 2 bolts per emission which does more damage than a single Sneak Shooter for me.
One Point: Situational. I mostly use it to destroy rocks and help Gunners build up their chain. Sometimes, I use it to keep myself in the air to avoid Ragne's disk attack.
Sneak Shooter: Secondary rifle nuke. There are two situations where I use this. One is where I'm holding WBs and I need to deal damage while HEx2 isn't available. Another situation is where I use it to get a JAed/SSed HE if I'm holding WBs.

P2: Gunslash - Aiming Shot
If I'm not holding WBs or if Homing Emission bursts aren't available, this is my main method of dealing damage. I prefer using Aiming Shot over Sneak Shooter due to its higher mobility. Being able to reposition myself while using Aiming Shot is a huge plus for me plus I don't like how vulnerable Sneak Shooter leaves me. While moving is discouraged because of Standing Snipe, Aiming Shot still benefits from it provided I was standing still when charging it, leaving me reposition myself while charging it.

P3: Gunslash - Additional Bullet
Primary method of mob clearing. Kills most mobs in 1 or 2 bursts.

P4: Launcher - Cluster Bullet, Crazy Smash, Rodeo Drive
Cluster Bullet: Secondary AOE. Reserved for mobs resistant to Additional Bullet such as Spardans and Malmoths.
Crazy Smash: Situational. Reserved for Krabahdas and for that one pesky mob that goes next to me on my vantage point.
Rodeo Drive: Used for massive AOE burst damage.

P5: Alternate between Sword and Shock Rifle
Very situational palette. I use the sword for that one Fordoran'sa in the Sanctum TA and Shock Rifle for the Falz Arm tentacle and Elder.

P6: Lucky Rise/Fortunate Omen Gunslash
Lewt.[/SPOILER-BOX]
General playstyle as a GU/RA: I try to get close as possible to whatever I'm targeting to get maximum benefit from Zero Range Advance. I have Perfect Keeper so it's my absolute priority I remain unscathed. While my RA/HU dominates my Gunner in damage due to game mechanics, I'm very good at maintaining GU/RA's damage bonuses as much as possible and I almost never die as a Gunner... [SPOILER]except to dicas, F DICAS!

GU/RA Palettes
[SPOILER-BOX]P1: Rifle - Homing Emission, Diffuse Shell, Sneak Shooter
I use Diffuse Shell and Sneak Shooter to dispatch Gu/Ga Wondas.

P2: TMGs - Elder Rebellion
I only use this against big targets such as bosses and certain mobs. Get in close, shove my TMGs down their throat, and pull the trigger for maximum damage. Against Fordorans, I switch to TPS mode and headshot them due to Additional Bullet's wonky targeting against them.

P3: Gunslash - Additional Bullet
While not as potent as my RA/HU variant, it's still effective at clearing mobs. I cry whenever I see a Gunner not utilizing this and firing Elder Rebellions into a group instead.

P4: TMGs - Dead Approach > Reverse Tap > Satellite Aim
I usually use this palette in group environments to gather up mobs or when I need 360 degree AOE coverage. After clumping up mobs with Reverse Tap and doing some burst with Satellite Aim, I back up and fire Additional Bullets.

P5: Shock Rifle - One Point
Used for Falz Arm tentacle, Elder, and when I need to clear rocks.

P6: Lucky Rise/Fortunate Omen Gunslash
Lewt.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kilich
Jul 16, 2013, 07:08 AM
I use all sword PAs, most WL ones and rage dance > omnislash > addbullet, or foie, zonde, megid for the 6th slot.

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 08:15 AM
TE/HU
Sword - Ride Slasher, Rising Edge, Over End
Sword - Over End, Over End, Over End
Wand - Zan, Gi Barta, Sa Megid
Wand - Grants, Ra Grants, Gi Grants
Rescue Gun - Does Falz want a Morning Rescue?
Gunslash - Ein Raketen, Serpent Air, Rage Dance
Subpalette - War Cry, PB, Guard Stance, Anti, Territory Burst, Deband, Shifta, Zondeel, Megiverse, Resta

Sword #1 is what I usually use. Ride Slasher looks hilarious and I like to use Rising Edge -> Over End for bigger targets like Vol Dragon.
Sword #2 is for bosses where I just spam Over End, lol super armor + Guard Stance.
Wand #1 is what I usually use when I feel like casting. Zan fills the Gear gauge quickly, the other two are kind of whatever I feel like using right now.
Wand #2 is for Darker extermination or when I don't feel like switching back to Zan. I'll probably replace Gi Grants with Na Grants since I usually prefer lazor anyway.
Morning Rescue because Falz likes it.
Gunslash is also kind of whatever, it's pretty fun even though I don't use it very often. Looking forward to Kreisenschlag and Slash Rave (which I still don't have).
Subpalette is rather self-explanatory.

Khorin
Jul 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hu/Fi
Style:
http://puu.sh/3EIWK.png Hunter
http://puu.sh/3EJ0a.png Fighter
- Over End spam against mobs
- Against bosses, use easy-to-guard-cancel PAs to have an easy time with Just Guard
- Abuse the ability to make a JA with Step Attack for quick strikes
- When I need to get somewhere, Assault Buster!
- Nishiki is more of an extra weapon, really. I think Twin Daggers are the most convenient weapon against Ragne, for example. (That is, if I'm too lazy and I just want to attack the weak point)
- I think it's effective, I mean I can solo fight a Fang Banther without taking damage

Weapon Pallete:
1 - Old Device: Assault Buster > Bardersnatch > Slide End
2 - Rosso Ringer: Over End > Over End > Over End
3 - Old Device: Assault Buster > Bardersnatch > Slide End
4 - Rosso Ronger: Rising Edge > Twister Fall > Nova Strike
5 - Old Device: Assault Buster > Bardersnatch > Slide End
6 - Nishiki: Raging Waltz > Symphonic Drive > Raging Waltz

RadiantLegend
Jul 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
Fighter
1. DS: DA -> DA -> AE
2. DS: DA -> DA -> DA