PDA

View Full Version : PSO noobies, lamers and kiddies

AndyPandy
Apr 7, 2003, 06:27 AM
Ok, rant time. I found a Spread Needle with my lvl 149 Fonewearl the other day. I gave it to my Ramarl so she has a chance to hit stuff. In two out of ten games I join, or when people join me,I get moaned at the minute someone see's it. OH CHEESE NEEDLE...etc etc, PLEASE NO NOT USE SPEAD NEEDLE...you get the picture....whinge moan!!!!!

Anyway, I basically tell them to leave if they aint happy with me using it. FK me, I found the damn thing, I deserve to use it. The most annoying thing for me it that I do make an effort to use its SPECIAL all the time thus making the game a damn sight easier for everyone else in the team. Its not like im going around killing everything before anyone has a chance to get a shot in.

Anyway, moral of the story...dont imediately assume someone is a whore for having and using a spread needle. The damn thing is no where near as powerful as it was in the DC version anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-04-07 04:29 ]</font>

SilencePSO
Apr 7, 2003, 08:28 AM
You have to remember that a lot of people really hate the spread, hacked or not (myself included). The point of playing online is TEAMWORK. With a spread teamwork is out the window, the person with the spread needs no help what-so-ever, so what is the point?

Just my $.02

AndyPandy
Apr 7, 2003, 09:52 AM
nah, thats the point isnt it...it is team work. The Spread Needle helps the team. Paralyzing enemies along with freeze traps are one of the biggest helps in PSO when u play part of a team. To be honest this is the typical reply I would expect from a begginer...no offence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-04-07 07:57 ]</font>

Jae
Apr 7, 2003, 11:03 AM
What difficulty/areas are you using the Needle on? If it's anything less than Ultimate, I'd say just suck it up and put the Needle away until you get there. One of my characters is a HUcaseal in Hard mode, so I know what it's like when there's an RA with a Needle killing everything off before I can even finish a sword combo.

On the flipside, I personally found two Needles with my level 156 RAmarl and I'll be damned if I'm not going to use them. I tend not to use them too much in Ultimate Forest and Caves, as everything dies too fast (and all the HUs get mad lol), but anything beyond that is fair game. Also, any area in Ep2 is fair too.

Just use your discretion every time you join a team. Teamwork isn't the issue here because the Needle is a great team oriented weapon, but it's more about being considerate and letting everyone get their shots in, especially tech-less HUcasts and HUcaseals.

Yoda86
Apr 7, 2003, 11:09 AM
If PSO is really based on teamwork then why do people always snag the chance to snatch a rare from someone else? Other than the fact that there are some greedy PSO players.

Malkavian
Apr 7, 2003, 11:18 AM
On 2003-04-07 09:03, Jae wrote:
Teamwork isn't the issue here because the Needle is a great team oriented weapon, but it's more about being considerate and letting everyone get their shots in, especially tech-less HUcasts and HUcaseals.

Oh man, more people should consider that. Sometimes is very annoying to be HUc and can't get any exp >_<

Elusive_Llama
Apr 7, 2003, 11:35 AM
Spread Needle is a superb weapon which you can use solo and on a team. It's great solo because you fire so fast (even faster with God/Battle) and few things can get through the hail of photon needles to whack you. It's not as useful against things which don't flinch.

It is great on a team because of the paralyze special. It is 100% effective if you hit, unlike the 80% you get with the Arrest series of weapons. Doesn't work on machines though.

It is an ungrateful, selfish bastard of a Hunter/Force who will chew out a Ranger for paralyzing everything. It's like being given a free car and you yell at them because you didn't like the color.

AndyPandy
Apr 7, 2003, 12:29 PM
heh, yeah thanks, I see there are some people here that understand what I said. I never said it was GOOD to go and steal peoples kills, what I was saying is that a Spread Needle can be VERY helpfull for a team of players IF used properly, ie; using the SPECIAL. It is a god-send for characters without techs as it effectivily makes the enemies sitting ducks.

Cheers.

Rich_T
Apr 7, 2003, 01:23 PM
Ive got a psread type weapon, it doesnt do much damage, so ill use it once in a room full of enemys ( to gain EXP) then change to something a little bit more powerful.

Vanango
Apr 7, 2003, 04:55 PM
On 2003-04-07 04:27, AndyPandy wrote:
Ok, rant time. I found a Spread Needle with my lvl 149 Fonewearl the other day. I gave it to my Ramarl so she has a chance to hit stuff. In two out of ten games I join, or when people join me,I get moaned at the minute someone see's it. OH CHEESE NEEDLE...etc etc, PLEASE NO NOT USE SPEAD NEEDLE...you get the picture....whinge moan!!!!!

I love playing with people w/ spread needles, they really don't do that much damage unless you're really souped up and playing hard or something, but geez, forces do the same thing w/ techniques, hit everything in the room before people get a chance. A spread needle hardly does that. I was going to completely give up on my RACast before my FoNewearl found a Spread Needle. Now he can actually level up a little!!

As a hunter if things are stunned, w00t! It just makes it easier! It is a team effort and I think it's great, so you should just play with me ^-^

Guile
Apr 8, 2003, 03:06 AM
Ahh the Spread Needle, how I miss you!