PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on PSO2

MoneyShotPSU
Jul 14, 2013, 12:50 PM
I think that SEGA are considering releasing PSO2 NA on PS4, as they have not confirmed or denied reports on console release. Also that they keep 'delaying' the release for PC, they may not want to let people know yet as they are making a lot of money from PSO2's premium sets and other things and confirming a NA release would disrupt the sale amounts of everything. This is just my thoughts.

oOSAROo
Jul 14, 2013, 12:57 PM
Next news come sep/okt... for release 2014 and i think too its come for ps4 but first for JP verion . .. ..

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2013, 01:00 PM
Uh, no.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2013, 01:26 PM
lol sega's not gonna do that tc

Noc Codez
Jul 14, 2013, 02:10 PM
Dear Op

Sega is not going to release it for PS4/Xbox 1/ wii u / Atari 2600/ sega dreamcast/jaguar/3DS
Well you get the picture. This is a pc only game period. If they were going to release it don't you think they would of showed it off in this years e3? The game is delayed for us/eu because SOA is incompetent plain and simple. For gods sale Asia is even getting it before US/EU to me this means two things.

1. SOA are lazy or not staffed to translate the game from Japanese to English and there waiting on the Asia release to do a crap port with broken English for US/EU

Or

2. SOJ scrapped the PSO2 release for US/EU because it's a nich title and only has a loyal fan base state side. So in their eyes there not going to make money on it so why bother.

At this point this is the only possible out come for PSO2 right now the faster you accept it the better we'll all be

Love
Codez

~Aya~
Jul 14, 2013, 02:16 PM
I wanted to play it on my super famicom.. too... thanks a lot, Noc.......... ;~;....

Noc Codez
Jul 14, 2013, 02:21 PM
Sorry but I hear gameboy color is getting it in sept !

~Aya~
Jul 14, 2013, 02:33 PM
Sorry but I hear gameboy color is getting it in sept !

!!!!!!

I only have gameboy pocket... any chance..?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2013, 02:37 PM
I've seen a number of rumors on the web, but most are baseless, without some announcement from SEGAC or a Console manufacturer, from my understanding, mobile gaming is a lot bigger in JP then US, and the PS Vita already has PSO2, so if they do decide to strike a deal to release on PS4 it will be some time before they say anything I'd think, at least until whatever the terms of such a deal are set in stone+^_^+ i really doubt SEGAC will ever release a MMO style game on M$ console again+^_^+ it's up in the air and it looks like it may not happen+^_^+
as for western release they will likely wait and see how well PSO2 in the south Asian markets for a year, economy's bad all over the world, not just in the west and SEGAC doesn't want to waste tens (hundreds) of thousands of dollars setting up something that will have a low pay out in the end+^_^+

in any regard, if there is a next gen console release planned or a western release, it may be some years before we see it (or even see it announced)+^_^+ imma stick with JP version myself anyway as i don't think Sony would like EN patches as much+^_^+

EDIT, as for a disruption of sales??? i doubt that the EN player base is spending enough money to impact even 5% of all the money SEGAC is making from the cash shops and scratch tickets+^_^+

EvilMag
Jul 14, 2013, 03:18 PM
Its true, my uncle who works at Sega told me!

moorebounce
Jul 14, 2013, 03:52 PM
This is a pc only game period.

So all those Vita players don't really exist?

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2013, 03:52 PM

That's right!

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2013, 04:10 PM
Pfft, the Vita is a myth. Sony's handhelds died with the PSPGo

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2013, 04:13 PM

Damn, someone beat me to it. xD

Gardios
Jul 14, 2013, 04:20 PM
I should just discontinue the skill sim, I'm apparently not even playing the game anymore!

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
No don't do that ;_;

Noc Codez
Jul 14, 2013, 05:07 PM

You know what I was saying when I said that but good troll post none the less +1 for you good sir or madam or other entity ..

ArcaneTechs
Jul 14, 2013, 08:01 PM
Sakai even said he had no current plans for a console release

Tho i expect pso2 to hit cave paintings sometime after the wheel project gets done being inspscted

Neferpitou
Jul 14, 2013, 08:05 PM
I think this will happen too. PS4 is already coming with loads of free pc mmo titles and Sega has already released this on the Vita. So we'll see.

Noc Codez
Jul 14, 2013, 08:11 PM
Let me know how that works out for you

Gardios
Jul 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
I hear you're going to be putting that on the PS4 when PSO2 comes out on it! You told me the other day, I swear!

I'm working with Sakai on this to bring you the best simulator experience you've ever had. Currently we're working on costumes for the simulator to make it feel even more like PSO2.

Yunfa
Jul 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
Dear Op

Sega is not going to release it for PS4/Xbox 1/ wii u / Atari 2600/ sega dreamcast/jaguar/3DS
Well you get the picture. This is a pc only game period. If they were going to release it don't you think they would of showed it off in this years e3? The game is delayed for us/eu because SOA is incompetent plain and simple. For gods sale Asia is even getting it before US/EU to me this means two things.

1. SOA are lazy or not staffed to translate the game from Japanese to English and there waiting on the Asia release to do a crap port with broken English for US/EU

Or

2. SOJ scrapped the PSO2 release for US/EU because it's a nich title and only has a loyal fan base state side. So in their eyes there not going to make money on it so why bother.

At this point this is the only possible out come for PSO2 right now the faster you accept it the better we'll all be

Love
Codez

Better get off your high horse there buddy, nothing is ever definite~ All the PSUJP players were all celebrating and mocking the xbox-360 players for their servers shutting down, how "oh this is why we play PSUJP" until Sakai made the abrupt announcement of every single PSU server being shut down prior to the beta of PSO2.

Kion
Jul 15, 2013, 09:55 AM
My current theory is that SoJ announced the game for a worldwide release. SoJ then proceeded to make a website and a demo version for PAX. SoJ then released the game in Japan, huge success and has their hands full managing that and stopped contacting SoA or SoE with any further updates. SoA and SoE are likely not in the loop or they would have said something.

Anyways you look at it, speculation is just speculation. Is a console/NA version possible? Maybe. Probable? Who knows. Knowing Segac, I wouldn't assume anything until there's some form official confirmation.