PDA

View Full Version : Guide Installing Episode 2 patch via unofficial mirrors

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 07:20 AM
Just a quick guide for those who downloaded their precede data manually, including partial downloads (e.g. precede 1 and 2 from launcher and 3,4,5 manually)

Notes: there are going to be 6 patches, 5 have already been provided, the final one will be available to download from the launcher on the day of the maintenance.

1. (Skip to step 3 if you already have a _precede folder) make a folder named "_precede" in C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin or C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin

2. In the _precede folder make a folder named "data", and in the data folder make a folder called "win32" so the path looks like
..\pso2_bin\_precede\data\win32

3. Put all your manually downloaded patch data in ..\_precede\data\win32 so it looks like this (http://i.imgur.com/F41Ctck.png)

4. Once precede patch 1-5 has been placed in ..\_precede\data\win32, download this (http://www.mediafire.com/download/2d799ojbbmy0k06/patchlist1-5.7z) and place it in ..\_precede so it looks like this (http://i.imgur.com/x64OgMU.png)

5. Now download this (http://www.mediafire.com/?7wy96jf4az01vir) and place it in My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 so it looks like this (http://i.imgur.com/sXvT6dB.png)

Done, on the day of the maintenance the launcher will download the final patch and apply it.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Edit: thanks to oOSAROo for the documents/sega part!

Vandread
Jul 16, 2013, 08:09 AM
You can also just directly apply the patches to the win32 folder once maintenance starts and then boot up the launcher to apply the final patch, that should have the same effect tbh.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:11 AM
You can also just directly apply the patches to the win32 folder once maintenance starts and then boot up the launcher to apply the final patch, that should have the same effect tbh.

It does indeed but imo its messier :P

~Aya~
Jul 16, 2013, 08:34 AM
it just works for me as it finds the precede and automatically pulls from the folder

oOSAROo
Jul 16, 2013, 08:42 AM
is nice copy past guide but u have forget the precede.txt file !!

in ur document folder ( ..document\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\ ) u need this file (precede.txt)

without this file, ask yourself whether the launcher still precede want to download files ..bla bla bla.. ;-)

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
is nice copy past guide but u have forget the precede.txt file !!

in ur document folder ( ..document\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\ ) u need this file (precede.txt)

without this file, ask yourself whether the launcher still precede want to download files ..bla bla bla.. ;-)

Ah thanks! Also, I wrote this guide myself it wasn't copied and pasted ^.^

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2013, 09:04 AM
Shouldn't the launcher do this already or am I missing something here ?

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 09:09 AM
Shouldn't the launcher do this already or am I missing something here ?

Yes but it's for people that downloaded the patch manually from unofficial mirrors. Mainly due to speed reasons since the patch is around 5gb+

edit: changed the title so its less confusing now. sorry about that!

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
Yes but it's for people that downloaded the patch manually from unofficial mirrors. Mainly due to speed reasons since the patch is around 5gb+

Ahhh ok.. TY was worried for a min lol ^^;

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 11:13 AM
Hmm, am I doing something wrong? I have the first preceed file and get an error when trying to extract the files with 7zip?

You have all the individual files showing, but I only have 1 file which I can only assume is a compressed bunch of files.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hmm, am I doing something wrong? I have the first preceed file and get an error when trying to extract the files with 7zip?

You have all the individual files showing, but I only have 1 file which I can only assume is a compressed bunch of files.

I've just downloaded Precede 1 to test this and I managed to extract it with 7zip. Try redownloading maybe your file is corrupt?

p.s. are we talking about precede patch 1 or the files I uploaded?

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 11:21 AM
I've just downloaded Precede 1 to test this and I managed to extract it with 7zip. Try redownloading maybe your file is corrupt?

p.s. are we talking about precede patch 1 or the files I uploaded?

The preceed files from Sera's mirror.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 11:24 AM

Ahh, the ones I used were the Megazone mirrors uploaded by oOSAROo. They extract just fine with me and I'm using 7zip. Maybe try that.

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ahh, the ones I used were the Megazone mirrors uploaded by oOSAROo. They extract just fine with me and I'm using 7zip. Maybe try that.

Ah, this mirror is in .rar format so it should give less complications. Thanks for the help! I'll update if things don't go smoothly. :D

Vandread
Jul 16, 2013, 11:44 AM
You have all the PSO2_Precede-07-DD.7z.00# (varying Days / numbers) files in the same folder? You're also using 7zip to do this? I tested all those archives before uploading them to ensure they can unpack as well. :\

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 12:04 PM

You have all the PSO2_Precede-07-DD.7z.00# (varying Days / numbers) files in the same folder? You're also using 7zip to do this? I tested all those archives before uploading them to ensure they can unpack as well. :\

I didn't have them all downloaded at once, no, so perhaps that was the problem. However, I simply went with the other mirror because I'm a lot more familiar with WinRAR.

With that said, your effort is still very much appreciated, thanks for helping out!

EDIT - The 5th mirror seems to freeze up at 59%, so maybe I'll try my hand at the other one again for the final bit.

Vandread
Jul 16, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't really call it effort though. For me it doesn't matter so much, I usually act as 'mirror' for some friends through my ftp server. Uploading the files in addition to that is a bit of a case of whatever, it's done pretty quickly (10mbit upload).

(Just to clarify, I was talking about 001-002-003-etc belonging to the same file, just noticed it was rather unclear)

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't really call it effort though. For me it doesn't matter so much, I usually act as 'mirror' for some friends through my ftp server. Uploading the files in addition to that is a bit of a case of whatever, it's done pretty quickly (10mbit upload).

(Just to clarify, I was talking about 001-002-003-etc belonging to the same file, just noticed it was rather unclear)

Yeah, I derped and realized that, haha. Too bad it takes about an hour to download each of the three parts, but it's better than MEGA which isn't working at all for the final precede.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2013, 05:16 PM
How big should the folder be? Mines is 4.71 gb.

Anduril
Jul 16, 2013, 05:17 PM
How big should the folder be? Mines is 4.71 gb.
That is the right size.

darkrock
Jul 16, 2013, 06:12 PM
How many files are in the win32 precede folder?

3843 files

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2013, 06:46 PM
Anyone got the 17th patch uploaded yet?

JoJo378
Jul 16, 2013, 08:07 PM
thanks to following these steps I can't play pso2 anymore i get a black screen after the cutscene it really frustrates me that after all this hard work I can;t play it because of a stupid patch :( :(

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:08 PM
thanks to following these steps I can't play pso2 anymore i get a black screen after the cutscene it really frustrates me that after all this hard work I can;t play it because of a stupid patch :( :(

Try using the tweaked launcher, it can fix problems like these. If all else fails just do the 'check all files' and it will fix anything that's broken. It's nothing to do with the guide.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2013, 08:10 PM
Server's not even up yet, right?

JoJo378
Jul 16, 2013, 08:11 PM
i tried but im getting an error

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:11 PM
Server's not even up yet, right?

Exactly, still over an hour left :)

i tried but im getting an error

Can you print screen? When are you getting the error? Have you tried the tweaked launcher?

JoJo378
Jul 16, 2013, 08:17 PM
" could not find a part of the path" thats the tweaker error, today i didn't download the precede patch before the new update today and i just downloaded the new patch without the precede and I reapplied the english patch files becasue when I went on everything was back to japp. and this might be the problem I followed your steps and now idk where to put these patch files are where thier supposed to be I don't have a preced folder to put these in

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:25 PM
" could not find a part of the path" thats the tweaker error, today i didn't download the precede patch before the new update today and i just downloaded the new patch without the precede and I reapplied the english patch files becasue when I went on everything was back to japp. and this might be the problem I followed your steps and now idk where to put these patch files are where thier supposed to be I don't have a preced folder to put these in

For the tweaker you need to click the top left button and choose "select PSO2 win32 folder" and direct that to either:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
or C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32

From what I understand you're saying you have the precede patch 1-5. Then all you need to do is follow the guide. Or you can just extract their data directly into ..\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32

But the tweaker can download the patch for you anyway so I would recommend using that instead if you're having trouble doing it my way.

JoJo378
Jul 16, 2013, 08:39 PM
Well now the tweaker is downloading all the files again so hopefully that will fix it but just incase maybe you can see my error is the steps I took today.

1.When I logged on after the update it was all in japanese so I went back and re-applied the english patches manually.
2. I saw this post and I attempted to do what you said the difference is I have no folder to put the patch notes in idk if thats a problem
3.I tried to begin the game with resulted in my problem
4.I selected missing/old files and now it is downloading all the files or basically all 600 something of them

Maybe I messed up in applying the english patches manually or applying this new patches?
And on a side note the tweaker does it apply the changes to my game even if I start it like without the tweaker? Because I can't actually start the tweaker it says it starts the game but nothing happens.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
Well now the tweaker is downloading all the files again so hopefully that will fix it but just incase maybe you can see my error is the steps I took today.

1.When I logged on after the update it was all in japanese so I went back and re-applied the english patches manually.
2. I saw this post and I attempted to do what you said the difference is I have no folder to put the patch notes in idk if thats a problem
3.I tried to begin the game with resulted in my problem
4.I selected missing/old files and now it is downloading all the files or basically all 600 something of them

Maybe I messed up in applying the english patches manually or applying this new patches?
And on a side note the tweaker does it apply the changes to my game even if I start it like without the tweaker? Because I can't actually start the tweaker it says it starts the game but nothing happens.

For questions about the tweaker please refer to AIDA's thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248). But yeah you can start the game without using the tweaker launcher.