PDA

View Full Version : So whose gonna create and rush a Dewman tomorrow?

Arialle
Jul 16, 2013, 08:20 AM
just a random poll to see whats every1 gonna do

Coatl
Jul 16, 2013, 08:23 AM
I'm gonna make a new char but its not gonna be a dumbman. :I

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 08:26 AM
Definitely making a Braver Duman just cause I know most people won't bother making a new char ^^

Niris
Jul 16, 2013, 08:26 AM
I'm gonna make a new char but its not gonna be a dumbman. :IThis.

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 08:27 AM
Making one, but I'm not really rushing.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 16, 2013, 08:32 AM
Gonna make one at a later date, hoping Sega will be releaseing a Char Creator with Dewmans in it still. I'm in no real rush for my Dewman and I need to spend time on making her instead of rushing and then spend AC to fix her.

~Aya~
Jul 16, 2013, 08:32 AM
NOT WANT~!

Punisher106
Jul 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
Most likely make a Duman, and work on Braver.

Bellion
Jul 16, 2013, 08:39 AM
Definitely not going to make a 4th character any time soon. @_@

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 16, 2013, 08:41 AM
I'll be making a female Duman. I'm still debating whether I'll play BR on Hawk first or level her up. Hell, I'm still stuck on what I want to name her.

Vintasticvin
Jul 16, 2013, 08:45 AM
Im so gonana make a Unicorn and gonna lobby rat with it :p

gravityvx
Jul 16, 2013, 08:48 AM
Making one and grinding the hell out of it with exp tickets while BB still exists.

Daemyn
Jul 16, 2013, 08:48 AM
Most certainly making a dewman and have been preparing for over a month.

However.. instead of level rushing I plan to play through the story eng patch or not and "try" to do all the co's excluding some class co's for classes I won't use.

I might still grind BB a little but not near as much. Pretty much only when the team goes.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I have zero interest in making a Dewman at this point in time.

I just don't feel like leveling classes I've already leveled before, y'know? I'd rather they release a race change ticket instead. That I'd take advantage of.

Drifting Fable
Jul 16, 2013, 08:56 AM
Duman supremacy.

I've already played the game cross 11 characters over the course of my PSO2 career.

A 12th sure won't hurt.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2013, 08:57 AM
making one and taking my sweet time

Gama
Jul 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
not really rushing

Sizustar
Jul 16, 2013, 09:00 AM
So Braver, who's going Katana, and who's going Bullet Bow?

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2013, 09:02 AM
Not interested going to get Braver on my main first

Ce'Nedra
Jul 16, 2013, 09:02 AM
So Braver, who's going Katana, and who's going Bullet Bow?

Both ofcourse, but maining Katana.

Noc Codez
Jul 16, 2013, 09:05 AM
Katana all the way.. going to see how FI/Bra goes together.. Double sabers/Katana = yum for me lol

HIT0SHI
Jul 16, 2013, 09:07 AM
Bow for me, might do BR/RA or RA/BR.

As for a character, i might go Human rocking the "Leaf" Green Volcano Packer.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
Most certainly making a dewman and have been preparing for over a month.

However.. instead of level rushing I plan to play through the story eng patch or not and "try" to do all the co's excluding some class co's for classes I won't use.

I might still grind BB a little but not near as much. Pretty much only when the team goes.

Same! I'm going to try and do every matterboard and client order for completion reasons since my first char I just rushed and got bored of the game really quickly. This time I'm aiming for perfection since I'll get to level 60 on all classes eventually.

Lostbob117
Jul 16, 2013, 09:27 AM
Going Braver on my existing Character, going to have 20/20 COs to turn in as Braver. Going to Braver/Hunter

Shirai
Jul 16, 2013, 09:41 AM
Going to make a dewman, but instead of taking weeks on it. I'll need to shorten it to 5 hours. Or I might just outline it in the CC and remake as dewman. idk

but want dewman as fast as possible.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
Def gonna make a Duman, but im not gonna rush.

I wanna test out the atk animations for both weps see how the PA's stack up on enemies learn how bets to approach with each and setup PA combos for them.

I also wannah see how the skill tree is and if they will do Braver justice!.
IM gonna be taking my sweet ass time with this Race/Class.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 16, 2013, 09:57 AM
Well ive wanted duman since the get go so im going to make one and work it into my main. I got all my PAs and franka orders ready.

jooozek
Jul 16, 2013, 10:00 AM
i'd rather play force with the new techs but guess ill go ahead and make a duman braver just to see how badly it turns out

MoonlightMyau
Jul 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
Not making a duman & not playing braver... but will be making a new character for sure.

ShinMaruku
Jul 16, 2013, 10:30 AM
I play the hand I was given, I'm a Muslim I give Turkeys out on Tnaksgiving.

Of course I will be making a Dewman. He will be named Vergil. :P

Anduril
Jul 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
I already have a general idea of the look I want to go with with my Dewman, but I'm probably going to spend an hour or two playing with the options while creating her to make sure she comes out in a way that satisfies me. On the flip side, though, I'm probably going to stay on my main in general, so that is where my real delving into Braver will be.

Dnd
Jul 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
I'll be making a new dewman braver, going to level it up completely independent of hand-outs from my main character (Excluding the premium pack katana and bow ;)) just to see how its changed, no stacking of CO's or anything like that....

Jakosifer
Jul 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Making a male Newman. Or maybe a Male CAST.

NOT WANT~!

Changed your mind? Or are you bein beeeeeh chan? :0

OppaiMaya
Jul 16, 2013, 10:41 AM
Not making a duman & not playing braver... but will be making a new character for sure.

This here.

Don't care for dewman (don't even know where the hell this race is from).

Also I don't care for braver. Looks like a weak class (from what we have seen so far of course). Don't care for Katana's either like most weaboos do. So yes there's nothing appealing about this new class and judging from the "braver discussion" thread the skill tree looks like a mess.

However, I will use my free character slot in the future, but not for a dewman of course.

NoiseHERO
Jul 16, 2013, 10:49 AM
Don't care for Katana's either like most weaboos do.

If you don't like katanas(or bows?) fine, but when did weaboo's come in. o_O;;

That's like saying you don't like fried chicken like most black people do. Instead of just saying you don't like fried chicken. Mad edgy.

FerrickX
Jul 16, 2013, 10:54 AM
This here.

Also I don't care for braver. Looks like a weak class (from what we have seen so far of course). Don't care for Katana's either like most weaboos do. So yes there's nothing appealing about this new class and judging from the "braver discussion" thread the skill tree looks like a mess.

However, I will use my free character slot in the future, but not for a dewman of course.

actually its duman, its from PSP2i

but really ? Weaboos ? That's rather rude

Lostbob117
Jul 16, 2013, 10:56 AM
This here.

Actually, Braver from what I can tell will rely heavily on combo'ing in for strength.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2013, 11:03 AM
If you don't like katanas(or bows?) fine, but when did weaboo's come in. o_O;;

That's like saying you don't like fried chicken like most black people do. Instead of just saying you don't like fried chicken. Mad edgy.
I swear OppaiMaya just comes on the forums to piss off as many people as humanly possible.

Either that or he/she's just profoundly ignorant, which is also a possibility.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm seeing an awful lot of posts in this thread that could be validly replied to with the "why not both?" girl.

o0Kais0o
Jul 16, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'll make one, but my priority will always be my male CAST. I'll probably level <insert name here> whenever I get bored of not finding stuff.

Too bad this poll didn't have a 'I'll do both' option.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 11:14 AM
Don't care for Katana's either like most weaboos do.

Your name isn't helping that statement ^.^ Would like to say hypocrite here but maybe that's too offensive...

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'll probably main bullet bow on Gardios and katana on my dewman.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
This here.

Weeaboo's are...

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes.

Not that I fall under this category, but you used that word in the wrong context just saiyan~.

Its one thing to want to learn Japanese to better get around, but its another thing to wanna do everything the Japanese example: Instead of ppl saying lol they wanna say wwwwwwww like the JP's do now

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
Weeaboo's are...

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes.

Not that I fall under this category, but you used that word in the wrong context just saiyan~.

Its one thing to want to learn Japanese to better get around, but its another thing to wanna do everything the Japanese example: Instead of ppl saying lol they wanna say wwwwwwww like the JP's do now

Exactly!

Being obsessed with something is human nature. But the 'acting like them' aspect is the annoying part where you hear people saying 'kawaii' and attempting to write/speak very broken japanese. Like you said :)

@OppaiMaya liking katana's doesn't make you a 'weaboo' since you're not running around in cosplay going "rasengan! chuuuuuuu, desu desu desu desu".

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm seeing an awful lot of posts in this thread that could be validly replied to with the "why not both?" girl.inorite? Though there are also a bunch of people who just don't want to makea duman. :P

Anywho, I'm making one but I don't plan on "rushing" anything other than the first 20 or so levels.

I'm also interested in Braver. I'll probably main Katana on my Duman and Bow on my Cast, since Milla was meant to use a bow from the start.

EDIT: On the topic of Weeaboos I think there's a double standard there. I'd get called one if I greeted people in the morning with おはよう but if I say Aloha, or Guten morgen, no one bats an eyelash.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 11:43 AM
EDIT: On the topic of Weeaboos I think there's a double standard there. I'd get called one if I greeted people in the morning with おはよう but if I say Aloha, or Guten morgen, no one bats an eyelash.

Thats the thing why try to change up how you do things for the sake of being different from the rest? Its like trying to be different to fit in with a certain random crowd for cool points.

I could see why ppl don't bat an eyelash when you don't try to speak with them in a way they are used to and not おはよう lol.

jooozek
Jul 16, 2013, 11:44 AM
depends to whom you are saying this おはよう, if you are saying it to a japanese friend, that's not weeaboo at all but if you go on B-20 and go like OHAYOU xDDDDDD then you can't be helped
that's about as lame as hearing someone shove in random english when it isn't either your or yours receiver native language

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
when in rome do as the romans do

if some JP dude moons me I say "ありがとう!" if that makes me a weeaboo then get the paddles

Neith
Jul 16, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'll be making a Female Dewman BR/HU (which will be my old PSOBB HUney, Teika).

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2013, 11:49 AM
I don't need a fifth character right now. That slot is going to stay empty for a little while.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
Thats the thing why try to change up how you do been things for the sake of begin different from the rest? Its like trying to be different to fit in with a certain random crowd for cool points.

I could see why ppl don't bat an eyelash when you don't try to speak with them in a way they are used to and not おはよう lol.
Oh, this is something I actually do. I've always found the phrasing to sound kind of cute, I just think it weird that people would get called obsessed with japanese culture over using a single word.

I don't want to be japanese, I'm not trying to be japanese, and I'm not doing it to be "different" I mean, I know what you guys are talking about, I've met those people, and I used to be one. I feel there's a distinct difference from thinking "hey this word is a pretty cute way to greet people" and "I have to say ohayo like they do in japanese animu!!!i!i!ii!"

But like I said, no one does this for Aloha, or Guten morgen, even though I use those too. ._.

that's about as lame as hearing someone shove in random english when it isn't either your or yours receiver native languageThat doesn't bother me as much as you'd think.

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
I might try to make one... even though they just look like humans. I might as well use the slot.

Can you transfer your 10* weapons between characters?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 12:04 PM
I might try to make one... even though they just look like humans. I might as well use the slot.

Can you transfer your 10* weapons between characters?
You don't have to use the slot for a duman, you could make a cast instead if you think dumen are too much like humans.

I believe gear gets account bound rather than character bound... so I think you can.

Vashyron
Jul 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
I already have 3 characters and feel overwhelmed in keeping them all updated now so no I won't be rushing to make another.

Though of course at some point I'll make use of the extra slot.

gigawuts
All storage is shared between all characters on a ship.

Two characters on ship 2 have the same storage and can take/place any items they want into it to/from their inventory.

A character on ship 1 would not be able to access this storage on ship 2, but would have a separate storage that other characters on ship 1 would be able to access instead.

The Walrus
Just throw the stuff into storage and take it out with the other character

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 12:08 PM
I guess you're right. I'm pretty disappointed that they would just add a human with heterochromia and call it a new race. There's so many possibilities to create a cool race, maybe some kind of alien or beastman (NOT beast).

But, they just want to do something easy to not have to work. I hate this developer.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
But, they just want to do something easy to not have to work. I hate this developer.

I agree that the whole development is because it would be easier, but that's no reason to hate them. If you're interested in a game with more unique races, take a look at Wildstar, or play a char or asura on GW2.

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 12:17 PM
I don't hate them because of the race specifically, it's the whole mindset of cutting corners and doing as little as possible while keeping profits up. It's very off putting. The new race is just one example of many. I'll try Wildstar when it releases or if I get into the beta. I don't like GW2 much.

It's not like I necessarily want to play a non-humanoid character but it's very cool to have a variety of characters around you. Especially in a sci-fi fantasy that takes place all through the galaxy, you would think that would open up the idea of a bunch of unique races.

The only way another humanoid race would be acceptable is if all the race's had special properties and abilities but they don't.

(by the way... I realize you could make the argument that it would feel to "not PSO" to have playable monster races. but in that case, I still wouldn't rather them add a "new race" which just different colored eyes.)

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
I don't hate them because of the race specifically, it's the whole mindset of cutting corners and doing as little as possible while keeping profits up. It's very off putting. The new race is just one example of many. I'll try Wildstar when it releases or if I get into the beta. I don't like GW2 much.

It's not like I necessarily want to play a non-humanoid character but it's very cool to have a variety of characters around you. Especially in a sci-fi fantasy that takes place all through the galaxy, you would think that would open up the idea of a bunch of unique races.

The only way another humanoid race would be acceptable is if all the race's had special properties and abilities but they don't.

Not defending the lack of design but there are so many options for you to look unique so it doesn't really matter to me. Personally I'm making a Duman for the race stats, they have higher s-atk, r-atk and t-atk than Humans but less defenses. Having horns and unique eyes is just a plus.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 12:22 PM

The only way another humanoid race would be acceptable is if all the race's had special properties and abilities but they don't.That's understandable, but at the same time I like the idea of all the playable races races being derived from humans. I would have prefered if they had some statistical differences besides small multipliers though.

The problem is sega proves again and again that they're TERRIBLE at balancing things, so I don't want to think about seeing stuff like nano-blasts until they prove they can actually balance things better.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 12:28 PM
That doesn't bother me as much as you'd think.

That's the thing if its Japanese sure i'll say it, but if its my English friends I just say simply "Hello" or "Sup" I don't feel the need to say anything outside our language barrier because its" Cute".

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
That's the thing if its Japanese sure i'll say it, but if its my English friends I just say simply "Hello" or "Sup" I don't feel the need to say anything outside our language barrier because its" Cute".

Well that's the difference between us I guess. There's nothing wrong with that.

gravityvx
Jul 16, 2013, 12:35 PM
I guess you're right. I'm pretty disappointed that they would just add a human with heterochromia and call it a new race. There's so many possibilities to create a cool race, maybe some kind of alien or beastman (NOT beast).

Every race looks exactly the same aside from casts, the saving grace in regards to looking "unique" as a race is this games customization, you can be any race you want and look like something different all together. Well aside from casts, they can only look awesome and or badass.

Generally, all mmo have very bland races that are your general run of the mill human, some kinda elf or some race with with different name that looks exactly like those two but slightly different features, then theres always that one odd looking race of the bunch, asura, cast, mithra, amani, a...frog etc. I could name a few more but point is, there's not many games with a bunch of "unique" looking races and although pso's generally look similar, customization makes up for it.

Eman2417
Jul 16, 2013, 12:36 PM
Not making a dumbman.
Just going to level braver on my main char, already have tons of cos to turn in for em.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 16, 2013, 12:48 PM
Every race looks exactly the same aside from casts, the saving grace in regards to looking "unique" as a race is this games customization, you can be any race you want and look like something different all together. Well aside from casts, they can only look awesome and or badass.

Generally, all mmo have very bland races that are your general run of the mill human, some kinda elf or some race with with different name that looks exactly like those two but slightly different features, then theres always that one odd looking race of the bunch, asura, cast, mithra, amani, a...frog etc. I could name a few more but point is, there's not many games with a bunch of "unique" looking races and although pso's generally look similar, customization makes up for it.

beat me to it

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 12:52 PM
Well that's the difference between us I guess. There's nothing wrong with that.

Well not Me its really the difference between the ones you're saying it to cause honestly idc say what ya wan't but if it bothers you that they call you a weeaboo after then you know why.

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 01:02 PM
If you don't speak Japanese and you like to randomly blurt out Japanese words anyway, that is pretty weaboo.

Japanese is a pretty impractical language and it really doesn't sound "cute". You might think so because of the cute girls you hear speaking on anime.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
If you don't speak Japanese and you like to randomly blurt out Japanese words anyway, that is pretty weaboo.

Japanese is a pretty impractical language and it really doesn't sound "cute". You might think so because of the cute girls you hear speaking on anime.

I don't use whole phrases, heck, I don't even use japanese at all outside of jokes now, since I started saying aloha. ._. It was just a case study... or something. I don't think saying "ohayo" to someone as a greeting is "random" though. Now if people start using "Desu" unironically without knowing what it actually means then yeah... that's a problem. I don't see what's wrong with using a foreign greeting that I understand the context for though.

And no, I find the word cute even when guys say it. It's the same with aloha.

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
I don't use whole phrases, heck, I don't even use japanese at all outside of jokes now, since I started saying aloha. ._. It was just a case study... or something. I don't think saying "ohayo" to someone as a greeting is "random" though. Now if people start using "Desu" unironically without knowing what it actually means then yeah... that's a problem. I don't see what's wrong with using a foreign greeting that I understand the context for though.

And no, I find the word cute even when guys say it. It's the same with aloha.

desu desu desu desu desu wwwwwwwww (^▽^) (^ω^) (=⌒▽⌒=) neko!!

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 01:17 PM
Well, if someone said "ohayo" to me, I would think... that's kind of obnoxious.

You would be acting a little presumptuous. You're assuming that whoever you're speaking to would know that word, and if they don't, it might make the other person feel bad or confused.

I mean, I speak French and I love the language but I don't go around saying salut or bonjour to English people.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 01:23 PM
Well, if someone said "ohayo" to me, I would think... that's kind of obnoxious.

You would be acting a little presumptuous. You're assuming that whoever you're speaking to would know that word, and if they don't, it might make the other person feel bad or confused.

I mean, I speak French and I love the language but I don't go around saying salut or bonjour to English people.
This is how people learn though. That's something I like. Learning and teaching people little things by doing them. Just because may not understand them doesn't mean they can't learn, though I get what you're saying. It's worth mentioning that this isn't something I do randomly with anyone. Just my friends, or at the very least people who know me pretty well and vice versa. I wouldn't walk up to someone I've never met and say ohayo or guten morgen. ._.

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah. well if I was friends with you I would probably say, cool it. I mean not everyone wants to be force fed a language they don't care about.

I'm not trying to be mean though. Just my opinion.

angrysquid
Jul 16, 2013, 01:27 PM
I'm playing Pso2 without the English patch o_o does that make me weeaboo D:?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah. well if I was friends with you I would probably say, cool it. I mean not everyone wants to be force fed a language they don't care about.

I'm not trying to be mean though. Just my opinion.

Honestly I can respect that. Asking me to stop is fine. That's cool. I don't mind if people ask me to stop, I just don't like it when they label me instead of just being like "hey, I don't like it when you do that." 3:

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, er, people saying the occasional thing in another language isn't even unusual, I don't get all the hate for saying a few expressions in another language. Kondi doing that seems pretty ordinary to me. Maybe it's not super frequent, but I know all kinds of different people that will say common expressions in foreign languages they don't fully speak. Apologies, thank yous, hellos, goodbyes, it's really not that bizarre.

Picking japanese out of that to call a name seems about as kneejerk as people blurting out random and misused japanese terms.

ShinMaruku
Jul 16, 2013, 01:33 PM
See when I use another language I use German everybody knows what mutter ficker means. :E

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah, er, people saying the occasional thing in another language isn't even unusual, I don't get all the hate for saying a few expressions in another language. Kondi doing that seems pretty ordinary to me. Maybe it's not super frequent, but I know all kinds of different people that will say common expressions in foreign languages they don't fully speak. Apologies, thank yous, hellos, goodbyes, it's really not that bizarre.

Picking japanese out of that to call a name seems about as kneejerk as people blurting out random and misused japanese terms.

Once again, someone else says what I was trying to say, with less words. I might have got it from my dad who would say good bye in like 5 languages whenever he left for work in the morning... "Good bye, sayonara, auf Wiedersehen, Hasta luego, ciao, adiós" etc.

o0Kais0o
Jul 16, 2013, 01:52 PM
I'm playing Pso2 without the English patch o_o does that make me weeaboo D:?

No, it just makes you multi lingual. Learning other languages and using them properly is fine, to be honest I was looking into learning to read japanese myself, it means I could run with jp players without feeling slightly awkward lol.

EvilMag
Jul 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

am i weaboo

Rosel
Jul 16, 2013, 01:57 PM

am i weaboo

If you did that unironically? Yes.

ShinMaruku
Jul 16, 2013, 02:03 PM
http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-b0facd3882a91280-28x28.png

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 02:18 PM

am i weaboo

If you're doing it and know full well its meaning then no, doing it for the sake of just doing it without full knowledge then yes.

FerrickX
Jul 16, 2013, 02:19 PM
this thread derailed rather quickly lol

Emp
Jul 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
Definitely will when I cap gu. I have the perfect name for my baby duman too.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2013, 02:43 PM

The amusing thing here is that Japanese is absolutely chock-full of English-derived cognates (basu, konpyuuta, sankyuu, hanbaagaa, teberu, etc.), and it's just something accepted as de rigueur. And there are plenty of words we use in English that are Japanese-derived and there's no problem using those (bokeh, haiku, karaoke, manga, origami, and otaku all come to mind here). So why would one or two extra words (the meanings of which you can easily derive from the context) suddenly be so unacceptable?

This is to say nothing of the absurdity of being so closed-minded that you're not even willing to learn a few extra words from a language you don't know. Like how could that possibly hurt you? It makes no sense to me. You gain nothing from that sort of behavior. Weirds me out, it does.

Blundy
Jul 16, 2013, 02:49 PM
this'll be my debut on ship 2 was waiting for this that way it would at least be something slightly different when i have to redo everything... mixed feelings to be honest.

edit: i'm making a duman.

jooozek
Jul 16, 2013, 02:51 PM
The amusing thing here is that Japanese is absolutely chock-full of English-derived cognates (basu, konpyuuta, sankyuu, hanbaagaa, teberu, etc.), and it's just something accepted as de rigueur. And there are plenty of words we use in English that are Japanese-derived and there's no problem using those (bokeh, haiku, karaoke, manga, origami, and otaku all come to mind here). So why would one or two extra words (the meanings of which you can easily derive from the context) suddenly be so unacceptable?

This is to say nothing of the absurdity of being so closed-minded that you're not even willing to learn a few extra words from a language you don't know. Like how could that possibly hurt you? It makes no sense to me. You gain nothing from that sort of behavior. Weirds me out, it does.

calling japanese comic books per manga is a weeaboo thing to do

Shambertin
Jul 16, 2013, 03:29 PM
im going to make duman but i will take my time to character create. level up however i will rush some days and be on my main others.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2013, 03:30 PM
I can't wait for all the people that botch the characters up and have to pay to change them.

pikachief
Jul 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
Making a Dewman but I don't know what to do with my female human as I'd rather make my alt a male human now in her place and have a female duman... But I guess I'll just have 2 fat female fleshies :/

Also, not rushing.

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 05:40 PM
Forgot one M Duman, but whatever!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4k2PQw7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3mVJnhJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RV3UEy2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YPOySkt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XGRPAxZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mdIJYkN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pKpp5nx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/I6DbCeW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a09BmXd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LddKc3k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7VppKJC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JV97r1T.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gJtmtKf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FGGHfBl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mggoF2B.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5vbU3l3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n3wvfr4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gctOF6x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z1Oc0xd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hUCtY18.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BT1EqyT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZnnAsnA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/61lY1AI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V14xfsd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/V7c14vG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZE33RH6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zPSOONq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UkWIOdy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M7Bd3UZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFHzxWU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nq9bw4q.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Male costume is called Kaiserhaut, female is Edel Zärin... I think. Can't think of anything else for ゼリン (and it should be Zarin if it actually meant that, or maybe they're referencing Zrinski, I don't know!).

jooozek
Jul 16, 2013, 05:45 PM
oh, you can make a template on vita while offline?

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah, you can create a character offline, save the character data and then load it again once you're online.

Z-0
Jul 16, 2013, 05:49 PM
Yes, Vita has an offline char creator that updates every update. No need to wait for benchmarks.

The Walrus
Jul 16, 2013, 05:55 PM
I'm half tempted to download the vita version just for that...

Mewnie
Jul 16, 2013, 06:29 PM
I for one can't wait for the servers to come online make my dew du dooman and then promptly get lagged out of the game due to everyone else making their dew du dooman!

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 06:30 PM

Male costume is called Kaiserhaut, female is Edel Zärin... I think. Can't think of anything else for ゼリン (and it should be Zarin if it actually meant that, or maybe they're referencing Zrinski, I don't know!).

I am foreber pissed D;!

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 06:39 PM
My biggest fear is that I make an average-sized d-earl but she ends up looking like a loli because everyone else is so tall.

Then again I'm contributing to the problem with almost max-sized Gardios...

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2013, 06:47 PM
because everyone else is so tall.... What game have you been playing? Milla is only like 5 feet but I constantly run into characters shorter than her. D:

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 06:48 PM
...I should play my CAST more often then so I don't have such a distorted view on character height. Or I'm playing on the wrong blocks. I don't know. :wacko:

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 16, 2013, 06:53 PM
I made Hawk 5'5", and he's still shorter than a lot of people. With Heretic Lord he's approximately 6'0" tall, and a lot of times I feel both average and shorter than most people. Not that height matters or anything but, yeah...

The Walrus
Jul 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Height in this game is just too damn weird

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 06:58 PM
I made Hawk 5'5", and he's still shorter than a lot of people. With Heretic Lord he's approximately 6'0" tall, and a lot of times I feel both average and shorter than most people. Not that height matters or anything but, yeah...

Yeah that's right sukka forever towering over you >;3!

Jana
Jul 16, 2013, 06:59 PM
My character is 170cm, and she's taller than every other NPC woman except for Aki. The only character that looks really tall next to her is Gettemhart, I think. I was going to edit her to 150 cm, and that's just under 5 feet tall. Humans are really short in the future!

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
The hell is a dewman
Only thing I know is coming are dew®mans, the true americans

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 07:02 PM
The hell is a dewman
Only thing I know is coming are dew®mans, the true americans

Dew The Dew O:!

Gardios
Jul 16, 2013, 07:04 PM
Do they have an official English name? Dewman, Duman, XXdewm, XXdum, XXdewman, XXwhat?

Neferpitou
Jul 16, 2013, 07:08 PM
Do they have an official English name? Dewman, Duman, XXdewm, XXdum, XXdewman, XXwhat?

In romanji its Duman. In english its Dewman. If there was an NA release it would be called Dewman, Dewm Dewearl etc.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 16, 2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah that's right sukka forever towering over you >;3!

Sh-shut up! I-i can't help it, and it's not like it matters to me. I had no idea how odd height scaled before I made Hawk.

/la shorty

FerrickX
Jul 16, 2013, 07:29 PM

4th pic.... that's it, i'm going to make a doodewman

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2013, 07:54 PM
Of course I will be making a Dewman. He will be named Vergil. :P

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshyxMeAbu4

Frostwitch
Jul 16, 2013, 08:23 PM
I might consider it. Back in my PSP2i days, I remembered dumans being very formidable next to beasts. The downside was that my character died alot from using the wrong mission codes in the beginning. *lol* But still, the eyepatches made the characters look awesome. I'm very curious to see how they are in battle before I make my final decision. Also, I wonder if Dumans still retain there own unique photon blasts like the charge energy sword shockwave, optic blasts and various others types based on there current class like PSP2i? If not, my next guess is that we'll get the Nagisa outfit! Well... I truly hope so. *crosses fingers*

Vivitix
Jul 16, 2013, 08:30 PM
I didn't make a Ranger since I was never really into the whole "guns n' launchers" concept, and was pretty disappointed when I first started that there wasn't an "archer" class.

Definitely making a Braver since that's the closest thing I'll get to an archer, which is a must-have for me in any good ole mmo game.

Zenobia
Jul 16, 2013, 08:34 PM
I might consider it. Back in my PSP2i days, I remembered dumans being very formidable next to beasts. The downside was that my character died alot from using the wrong mission codes in the beginning. *lol* But still, the eyepatches made the characters look awesome. I'm very curious to see how they are in battle before I make my final decision. Also, I wonder if Dumans still retain there own unique photon blasts like the charge energy sword shockwave, optic blasts and various others types based on there current class like PSP2i? If not, my next guess is that we'll get the Nagisa outfit! Well... I truly hope so. *crosses fingers*

They don't sadly in PSO2 they do not have there Infinity Blast. If sega did put them in here then that means every race would have to have something unique.

Example Cast using SUV's.

No idea on the Nagisa outfit, but sense they are releasing PSU costumes like Ethan Waber and Karin Erra then I'm sure those will be here in later updates.