PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 won't start need help!

Mr.Bushido
Jul 16, 2013, 10:13 PM
I haven't played for a bit and I recently got on because of hearing about the new episode 2 but after every time I start the game it goes straight to a black screen where I see my mouse. I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall but I want to see what I can do to fix it because I'm really excited for this update.

Punisher106
Jul 16, 2013, 10:58 PM
The servers are in maintenance. And don't bother applying the english patch as of now. Just wait 'til tomorrow.

Mr.Bushido
Jul 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
A few of my friends were able to get on successfully though. Are you sure it's because of maintenance?

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
Try clicking through the black screen and waiting.

Are you fully patched and up to date? Try a file check to be sure.

Could also try "Simple Rendering" and otherwise turn down your graphics settings. You did say you already played before, but something could have changed since then.

LoneWolf019
Jul 16, 2013, 11:11 PM
im having the same problem. If you are using the tweaker check my thread for some advice

mandraxx
Jul 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
Are you sure your friends got on? Maybe they're just joshing you because maintenance has most definitely been extended until 1:00am.

Also, about the "black-out" screen.

I had a problem with that. Try using pso2 tweaker. It will get you PAST that screen without any problems. You need to play around with the setttings, but I bet it will.

At least wait before deleting everything. You can probably still fix it (graphics fix could help, too).

Hope this helped ya,

mandraxx

(oh yea and what everybody else said, too).

Mr.Bushido
Jul 17, 2013, 12:06 AM
I'm using the tweaker and it's not able to start it up. just sits there.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 01:12 AM
Having the same issue. My game won't launch, at all. I just hit the launcher button, and the launcher closes. That's it. The game does not launch.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 01:19 AM
Having the same issue. My game won't launch, at all. I just hit the launcher button, and the launcher closes. That's it. The game does not launch.

I believe AIDA is currently working on a fix for that as Sega changed the launcher and made it no longer possible to bypass it your going to have to use the original launcher til AIDA can find a fix for it.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 01:21 AM
The original Launcher won't work either. The game refuses to launch.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 01:24 AM
The original Launcher won't work either. The game refuses to launch.

It launched fine for me til I applied the Story Patch which is outdated and will break your game (so don't apply it) I'm having to redownload 981 files because of that.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 01:25 AM
I'ts vanilla PSO2. No patches installed. Trying a file check using the JP launcher. It would suck if I can never play this again...

xKinto Un
Jul 17, 2013, 01:28 AM
PSO2 keeps patching over my english patches. . . -_-

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 01:32 AM
I'ts vanilla PSO2. No patches installed. Trying a file check using the JP launcher. It would suck if I can never play this again...

By the way, what I mean is game guard doesn't even launch. PSO2 won't start without game guard and it won't launch.