PDA

View Full Version : Dear Konami

Sayara
Jul 16, 2013, 11:38 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/2cae350401ad2a086dee3baafedcd5b2/tumblr_mpzze8F3kz1rsy9jco1_500.gif
you got a anime character playin yo games.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/24b7efd3084bca68a6ddbaffed16931c/tumblr_mq2cbxeQZt1qe41x3o1_1280.png
(http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20111214/19/irezumi1014/ce/62/j/t02200367_0240040011671600700.jpg
SO MAKE HER A CHARACTER FOR YO GAMES SON

Polly
Jul 17, 2013, 08:34 AM
Dear Konami,
Where's that fucking Contra game you teased two years ago?

Outrider
Jul 17, 2013, 10:03 AM
Dear Konami,

We need some Goemon games already. Jeez.

Polly
Jul 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
The only one million twoops I wanna see are the one million twoops on the other side of the spread gun I'm carrying.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2013, 10:23 AM
Goemon/Contra crossover. I can't fucking get it out of my head.

Ether
Jul 18, 2013, 02:55 PM
DEAR KONAMI PLEASE MAKE MORE MEGAMAN GAMES :( :( :(

W0LB0T
Jul 19, 2013, 01:21 AM
spaghetti tan as a playable character in Contra?

Reiketsu
Jul 19, 2013, 07:55 PM
Dear Konami,

We need some Goemon games already. Jeez.

This right here. And not that pachisuro shit. I want another Goemon game like the N64 ones.

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2013, 08:06 PM
This right here. And not that pachisuro shit. I want another Goemon game like the N64 ones.
Hell yes. I also very much enjoyed the SNES one (localized as Legend of the Mystical Ninja).

EvilMag
Jul 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
Dear Konami,

axed synchros and xyz monsters. they fucking ruined the game.

~Aya~
Jul 20, 2013, 12:31 AM
wat? old people and their old fancy gaming stuffs~

back in MY day we had nintendo Wii

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2013, 04:37 AM
"Remember the 90's? We had the Nintendo 64." -90's Nick

Atbar
Jul 24, 2013, 10:23 AM
Dear Konami,

where's the remake of Castlevania 2 already?

Gardios
Jul 24, 2013, 06:54 PM
Dear Konami,

I'll never forgive you for killing off the Suikoden team.

Ether
Jul 28, 2013, 02:02 AM
DEAR KOAMI WE HAVEN'T HAD A NEW BLASTER MASTER IN A LONG TIME

Atbar
Jul 28, 2013, 11:07 AM
DEAR KOAMI WE HAVEN'T HAD A NEW BLASTER MASTER IN A LONG TIME

Yeah, it was also a little weird how the sequel to the first game went from the NES to the Genesis back in the 90's.

CelestialBlade
Jul 28, 2013, 11:17 AM
DEAR KONAMI

CASTLEVANIA IV RE-RELEASE ON VIRTUAL WHATEVER

DAT SOUNDTRACK

Ether
Jul 30, 2013, 03:41 AM
Dear Konami, I think we need to hold an intervention for Capcom.

Outrider
Jul 30, 2013, 10:18 AM
Dear Konami,

How are you doing? We haven't talked since summer camp. I was starting to think you were mad at me! jk lol My mom says that I can come visit the next time I have a break from school. I think that's in October? I dunno. Anyway I gotta go (my dad is being such a pain) but hit me up on Skype.

- Konami's BFF

Ether
Aug 17, 2013, 05:23 AM
DEAR KONAMI PLEASE REMAKE CHIP N DALES MMORPG NEXT TY <3

Polly
Aug 17, 2013, 08:14 AM
Dear Konami,

Can you guys please just let Kojima go and direct movies like we all know he wants to? We know he doesn't really like videogames all that much since I've never really heard him talk about anything he plays, and he only ever really references movies in interviews and the press. So let's just cut the poor guy a break.

Your friend,
Polly

PS: WHERE IS CONTRA?

~Aya~
Aug 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
Dear konami,

Dracula x:nocturne in the moonlight re release for pc with broken maria.

Outrider
Aug 18, 2013, 06:21 PM
Dear Konami,

Can you guys please just let Kojima go and direct movies like we all know he wants to? We know he doesn't really like videogames all that much since I've never really heard him talk about anything he plays, and he only ever really references movies in interviews and the press. So let's just cut the poor guy a break.

Your friend,
Polly

PS: WHERE IS CONTRA?

Here's the thing about Kojima (and specifically, the Metal Gear games):

Yes, the cutscenes and narrative twists get old rather quickly and the cinematic influence has crossed the line over and over again. The thing is, the gameplay is always inventive and experimental and detailed to the point of being silly. There's a reason that each encounter and each boss can be handled in half a dozen ways, and it comes down to the various interactive systems each game features. The End battle from MGS3 is usually called one of the best boss battles in gaming history, and when you dig into the gameplay behind it it's not an unreasonable claim.

I think Kojima likes to talk mostly about cinema, but he (or at least the people he hires) care deeply about gameplay.

ALSO: How was Contra 4? Was Contra 4 good? It's WayForward, which usually means I'll enjoy it.

Polly
Aug 18, 2013, 06:29 PM
Here's the thing about Kojima (and specifically, the Metal Gear games):

Yes, the cutscenes and narrative twists get old rather quickly and the cinematic influence has crossed the line over and over again. The thing is, the gameplay is always inventive and experimental and detailed to the point of being silly. There's a reason that each encounter and each boss can be handled in half a dozen ways, and it comes down to the various interactive systems each game features. The End battle from MGS3 is usually called one of the best boss battles in gaming history, and when you dig into the gameplay behind it it's not an unreasonable claim.

I think Kojima likes to talk mostly about cinema, but he (or at least the people he hires) care deeply about gameplay.
I'm just admittedly kinda tired of the series and his storytelling in general, I think. So, my post comes from a point of just being tired, rather than outright disdain. I can recognize the good gameplay elements in MGS games. I've played them all and enjoyed them all, but I'm just at a point now where I simply don't want anymore.

ALSO: How was Contra 4? Was Contra 4 good? It's WayForward, which usually means I'll enjoy it.
I loooooooved Contra 4. It's by WayForward, yes. I think the game leans a little too heavily on the nostalgia (jungle level, battle with a wall, over the shoulder view base stages), but the level design, enemy placement, and bosses are top-notch stuff that will require a lot of practice to get through. Definitely a must have for the DS.

Outrider
Aug 18, 2013, 11:32 PM
Well, let me put it this way: I've always enjoyed the Metal Gear games, but:

1.) I have Peace Walker sitting in my living room and I haven't started it.

2.) I have very little interest in playing Rising.

3.) I kind of don't want to play Metal Gear Solid 5 based on everything they've shown (and the fact that David Hayter isn't in it is an embarrassingly large amount of this feeling).

Sayara
Aug 19, 2013, 08:06 AM
Im sorry but hearing this contra talk reminds me of
NEO CONTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcdsxhj94vybnq6/09.%20Neo%20Contra%20-Extra%20Bold%20Mix-%20Remixed%20by%20Shoichiro%20Hirata.mp3)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2013, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't mind another Hard Corps game. :D

Krystal. <3

Polly
Aug 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
Im sorry but hearing this contra talk reminds me of
NEO CONTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcdsxhj94vybnq6/09.%20Neo%20Contra%20-Extra%20Bold%20Mix-%20Remixed%20by%20Shoichiro%20Hirata.mp3)

how about...ANIMAL CONTRA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RwNNdbW5Dlk&t=242)

I wouldn't mind another Hard Corps game.

Krystal. <3

Uprising was pretty good. The game felt like a mix of Contra and Mega Man X style gameplay and it didn't rely a whole lot on Contra nostalgia. Would love to see another Hard Corps, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Krystal and Sayuri were a couple confirmed badass ladies.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 19, 2013, 09:28 AM
Uprising was pretty good. The game felt like a mix of Contra and Mega Man X style gameplay and it didn't rely a whole lot on Contra nostalgia. Would love to see another Hard Corps, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Krystal and Sayuri were a couple confirmed badass ladies.

I read somewhere they intend for it to become a new franchise, I so hope those plans are continuing... :/

Polly
Aug 19, 2013, 09:38 AM
I read somewhere they intend for it to become a new franchise, I so hope those plans are continuing... :/

Yeah, they wanted it to be a separate brand from Contra, but I really doubt it put up the kinda numbers they wanted. I think for all intents and purposes, the Contra/Hard Corps series has been shoved back into the basement until the next retro revival. They teased something Contra related three E3s ago and nothing ever came of it, so I'd say...another five or so years before anything like it comes out again.

Sayara
Aug 19, 2013, 11:11 AM
YOU.... DOG!

yoshiblue
Aug 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
Looks like the dog should have just
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x478/ncbnetworks/Ani-Gifs/Sunglasses_small_zpscfe0ff0e.gif[SPOILER-BOX]Played dead.[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]