PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 refuses to launch.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 01:44 AM
I've tried redownload the exes, filechecking. Nothing. Nothing is working. PSO2 refuses to launch. GameGuard won't even launch.
Can someone try to quit their game and start it back up?

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 02:24 AM
I don't get an error. It just doesn't launch. Your error might be from permissions. My game worked find before the patch.

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 02:25 AM
I don't get an error. It just doesn't launch. Your error might be from permissions. My game worked find before the patch.

aaa ok... but i cannot fix this :(

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 02:26 AM
can u plz tell me what exactly you did to be able to play pso2???
to see what i did wrong?

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 02:29 AM
I can't tell you because I can launch the game myself. Everyone is busy playing so we gonna have to wait.

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 02:34 AM
I can't tell you because I can launch the game myself. Everyone is busy playing so we gonna have to wait.

ok... though i just read somewhere else this... "" SEGA tends to update/patch the game every WEDNESDAY. This usually BREAKS the english patch and it'll need to be re-applied. ""

blace
Jul 17, 2013, 02:39 AM
Have you tried deleting the GameGuard folder then run the launcher?

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 02:42 AM
Have you tried deleting the GameGuard folder then run the launcher?

u mean to launch the game from tweaker right???

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 02:42 AM
It worked! I just restarted my PC.

blace
Jul 17, 2013, 02:46 AM
u mean to launch the game from tweaker right???
No, actually I recalled that people had problems launching the game due to GameGuard being incompetent and that after deleting the folder and redownloading GameGuard through the launcher overwrote the missing files.

Seeing as the TC found a fix, it was only a guess that it could've been another 'lol GG' moment.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 17, 2013, 02:47 AM
No, actually I recalled that people had problems launching the game due to GameGuard being incompetent and that after deleting the folder and redownloading GameGuard through the launcher overwrote the missing files.

Seeing as the TC found a fix, it was only a guess that it could've been another 'lol GG' moment.

Game Guard goes so deep into the system it's not even funny+^_^+ there's almost no way to 100% uninstall it once you have it+^_^+

blace
Jul 17, 2013, 02:52 AM
Game Guard goes so deep into the system it's not even funny+^_^+ there's almost no way to 100% uninstall it once you have it+^_^+
And that's why it's still interfering with plenty of antivirus software out there.

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 02:53 AM

ook !! ty !!! i will try it and if i have prob i'll ask again cause its the first time i try to play pso2 !

blace
Jul 17, 2013, 02:58 AM
ook !! ty !!! i will try it and if i have prob i'll ask again cause its the first time i try to play pso2 !
As it's your first time, there was a massive content update. At least now there's a bit of a tutorial to set you on your path and a pair of green wings if you finish those tasks.

valkyria
Jul 17, 2013, 03:53 AM
As it's your first time, there was a massive content update. At least now there's a bit of a tutorial to set you on your path and a pair of green wings if you finish those tasks.

yes indeed :P

Aumi
Jul 17, 2013, 04:37 AM
I was looking forward to making a Dewman. My game also refuses to launch. Tried deleting the GameGuard folder, tried restarting my computer, can't get it working. "pso2.exe" runs briefly after the launcher checks for updates upon pressing the start game button, but it disappears after a few seconds and then nothing happens.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2013, 05:09 AM
Try deleting the gameguard.des, restore the gameguard and then try to restart. Also, make sure you're using the JP launcher.

Aumi
Jul 17, 2013, 05:10 AM
I just had to get a new launcher, now it works.

reyzer10
Jul 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
how did you get a new launcher?

Dycize
Jul 17, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm also having that problem.
Never used any patch but the game just doesn't launch when I click game start. Gameguard doesn't launch either. Also tried restarting, to no avail.

EDIT : Yup, also found a new launcher... In fact, a new bunch of exe files. Looking around the recent bumped news may get you to some useful links.