http://sadpanda.us/images/1741824-C1N2STT.png

what

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2013, 02:05 PM
Currently wearing 6* lucky rise set at level 20 シ

level 20 700 hp 1k sdef braver is a go

Gardios
Jul 17, 2013, 02:06 PM
Gotta make sure Braver Mountain Dews can wear 'em.

The Walrus
Jul 17, 2013, 02:12 PM
I'm ok with this

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
People are gonna say this is for Dewmen but I think Sega just realize almost no one really builds into defense enough to even get the mid range units when they're actually useful.

Gardios
Jul 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
Sega just realize almost no one really builds into defense enough

I diligently ignore offense for defense and then SEGA backstabs me like this

and those crappy new skills just rub salt into the wound

;﹏;

DoubleCannon
Jul 17, 2013, 02:38 PM
O my.. I wonder if the aragni set 606 R-def was reduced! because Just no way to get that without r-def on mag and I am not doing that lol

The Walrus
Jul 17, 2013, 02:40 PM
King Vard set is down to 500 req so I would assume the same for the argani set

MetalDude
Jul 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
To be fair, the rare boss sets were completely unreasonable even if you went for defense.

Zenobia
Jul 17, 2013, 02:51 PM
Haha my friends were pissed when they found out about this.

Imagine all those FO/FI's who speced into tech def to wear those king vardha units LMFAO.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'm glad I already had a full Agrani set. The price has gone up now that it's attainable to wear. Of course they do this after affix boost week...

AgemFrostMage
Jul 17, 2013, 02:57 PM
People are gonna say this is for Dewmen but I think Sega just realize almost no one really builds into defense enough to even get the mid range units when they're actually useful.

When stamina III (or IV but that's super rare) is the most valuable defense stat and it can be found on commons then there's no need for 10 star units, especially with commons with power III and stamina III, and they go for higher than a 10 star with random abilities. Defense isn't that useful because it's segmented into defense, technique, and melee whereas any damage type can be done on any enemy. Also upgrading from being two shot with 30 HP overkilled and 10 HP overkilled is a meaningless upgrade since you die in two hits anyway so may as well go with the offense.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
Haha my friends were pissed when they found out about this.

Imagine all those FO/FI's who speced into tech def to wear those king vardha units LMFAO.

The vardha 10 star units aren't that rare anyway. If only you could trade a 10 star unit for a weapon pass =)

Zenobia
Jul 17, 2013, 03:13 PM
The vardha 10 star units aren't that rare anyway. If only you could trade a 10 star unit for a weapon pass =)

I never said they were hard to get raresand I said king Vardha units not Vardha and how some people got mad thye specced into tech def gfor it.

Did you even read what i posted lol?

BlankM
Jul 17, 2013, 06:00 PM
I'm glad I already had a full Agrani set. The price has gone up now that it's attainable to wear. Of course they do this after affix boost week...

Yeah quite stupid in my opinion.

Hay everyone nows the time to 4slot all your gear! Except there are better units now...whoo...

On the bright side the 4-weapon set bonuses might be viable for some builds now.

Zipzo
Jul 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
Honestly? I'm not a big fan of this.

If I were leveling my first class and working towards my first level capped character I'd like think this was awesome, but this essentially wastes utterly millions of meseta spent affixing certain gear because it was the best choice available.

Why should I use Ragne on my hunter when I can use Vardha or Kitty now?

Kind of stupid IMO.

Lostbob117
Jul 17, 2013, 06:33 PM

If I were leveling my first class and working towards my first level capped character I'd like think this was awesome, but this essentially wastes utterly millions of meseta spent affixing certain gear because it was the best choice available.

Kind of stupid IMO.

It's part of the grind. Now you can use much better units!

solid_snark
Jul 17, 2013, 06:38 PM

Kind of stupid IMO.

Not the first game to do this, nor the last. Now you'll have great old timer stories to tell the n00bs on your team. "You know, back in my day, we had to .... in the snow, uphill, both ways!"

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2013, 12:07 AM
Not the first game to do this, nor the last. Now you'll have great old timer stories to tell the n00bs on your team. "You know, back in my day, we had to .... in the snow, uphill, both ways!"

Yeah, it's like... why bother doing anything in life when you can just wait a little longer for it to become a hundred times easier? The worst thing is that nobody appreciates how much harder everything used to be.

Zyrusticae
Jul 18, 2013, 12:11 AM
What's it matter? The difference between a regular boss set and a rare boss set isn't substantial either way. So you deal 9 more damage per hit, or take 12 less damage per hit. Okay. So what? And then there's the costs of affixing that shit to begin with.

I swear, some of you guys have toxic mentalities. I have no problem at all sticking with my Soul/Stat III boss sets, and I will likely stick with these for several more months. Hasn't hurt me any.

TaigaUC
Jul 18, 2013, 12:17 AM
I was just referring to life in general. I don't mind the units change much. The most I lose is a few def points in some of my mags. They ought to give us mag adjustment tickets for some changes.

BlankM
Jul 18, 2013, 02:39 AM
Yeah mags are really the kicker when it comes to units changing. In fact I think mags are just stupid overall in this game. They add almost nothing to the game and it would probably be better they didn't exist. Most people just get ketus proi anyways...

As for the units. I think people have a right to be upset. When you think about it, every purchase in PSO2 is a frivolous one. Gear doesn't matter too much, aesthetics and lobby actions don't impact gameplay, really anyone can get by with lesser gear just fine. But people still spend weeks to months raising meseta to get these things they want. Because Lol what else do you do in PSO2. So I think its just bad design personally, with the timing and everything. Not only is it unrewarding, but its also lazy. Now every class can just equip snow banther. I'd have rather seen new units then this change. At least that would have felt like it took effort.