PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen/Freeze after launching

zethal
Jul 17, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hello me fellow PSO2 players! Today I encountered an issue when trying to start up PSO2 after downloading the entire new episode 2 patch but when I launch it nothing shows up. Just the PSO2 window and a black screen. I have tried both repairing and checking for missing files using the latest (2.5.1.7) PSO2 Tweaker but it seems that it tries to download over 2,700 files AGAIN (which would take FOREVER because just one files appears to take over 30 seconds to download, some up to 1-2 minutes) even after being able to play hours before the Episode 2 maintenance.

The thing is, I even downloaded all the files before and after the Episode 2 came out, but the first time I launched it this happened. I'm lost and I'm trying to avoid having to download 2,700 files which would take approx. 20 hours.

The Walrus
Jul 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
just use the official launcher and file check it

zethal
Jul 17, 2013, 08:56 PM
I have, and it takes just as long checking and when it begins to download the files, same thing.

zethal
Jul 17, 2013, 09:08 PM
bump!

warpkun
Jul 17, 2013, 09:25 PM
I know the feeling...downloaded it all...and a black screen that goes nowhere...been playing with the graphic settings to no avail...my first log in stamp missed...I hope I smell compensation!!

warpkun
Jul 17, 2013, 09:47 PM
Found my prob...on launcher hit 3rd option....to check all my files and it found more to download....go fig!!

zethal
Jul 17, 2013, 10:22 PM
Yep. Looks like I'm stuck downloading 2,700 files.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 10:27 PM
Yep. Looks like I'm stuck downloading 2,700 files.

You can do this on the Tweaker as well by using Orb > Troubleshooting > Check for old/missing files, done.

My client is fully patched (Episode 2 patch that is) I am just downloading the new story patch now and that is taking ages, the server the story patch is on might be on high load at the moment.

Kevino
Jul 18, 2013, 05:36 AM
Been a loooong time since i could use my account :D. When you're in the launcher there's four buttons.

Start
options
patch
exit

click patch. let it manual patch again. should work fine. I had this same problem.