PDA

View Full Version : So the new PAs...

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 06:25 AM
Anyone been able to get their hands on them and see how they feel? So far, I bought Backhand Smash and Sacred Skewer as they were both going for fairly cheap.

Backhand Smash has absolutely abysmal range but hits stupidly hard and comically smashes your target FAR away from you. I'm talking 18k and upwards and this was without a 50 element knuckle. It's most definitely a boss killer and hitstop won't prevent this PA from being good (although it'll still make it a pain for knuckle normal attacks to recover the amount of PP needed for this powerhouse: 45). Also, for whatever reason the GFX for this PA don't show up at all like they do in the screens SEGA showed off. It looks really plain but I suppose it helps to not deceive the range at the same time.

Sacred Skewer feels different than expected, but in a good way. You chuck you partisan straight up and it generates a spear of light that falls onto your current target. The range of this move seems to be determined exclusively by what you're targeting but I haven't messed with manual aim yet. At 485 power (below level 11+ mind you) it was dealing three hits of 2500 plus 1000 after making it fairly powerful (weaker than my 10k Slide Ends but still). You can cancel the animation after the partisan leaves your hand, allowing you to do things like prep an Assault Buster for a massively powerful combined attack. Gear expands the range of the explosion to pretty reasonable levels. A great PA for hitting particularly evasive enemies (in practice, it has almost never missed; it tracks the enemy until it falls and it falls fairly fast).

Meji
Jul 18, 2013, 06:41 AM
Found LV15 of that new Knuckle PA yesterday, but haven't had the time to try it out yet. You make it sound amazing though, so I'll give it a shot!

o0Kais0o
Jul 18, 2013, 06:56 AM
Its not that great damage wise, but it amuses the hell out of me. I think it was called Kamikaze.... something its for the Bullet Bow and you launch yourself at your enemies. Its epic lol.

Punisher106
Jul 18, 2013, 07:24 AM
Its not that great damage wise, but it amuses the hell out of me. I think it was called Kamikaze.... something its for the Bullet Bow and you launch yourself at your enemies. Its epic lol.

Kamikaze Arrow? It's a conditional PA, IMO. It's not that good for bosses like Caterdra'n(sa) and the cats, but it's pretty damn good with other bosses, at least those that I've fought. Wrecked Vol Dragon with it solo, using it. I mainly use Master Shot with the bow.

Alisha
Jul 18, 2013, 08:17 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210627

Laxedrane
Jul 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
Where do the new PAs come from? Common drop? Red box?

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2013, 08:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210576

Laxedrane
Jul 18, 2013, 08:58 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210576

Rosel
Jul 18, 2013, 09:19 AM
Anyone know what the new Sword one does?

or the Dagger, or Double Saber.

Alisha
Jul 18, 2013, 09:50 AM
the new daggar one is boss

BlankM
Jul 18, 2013, 10:00 AM
The new sword PA is guilty break. You do a quick running animation and stop at the first enemy you hit and deal a kick then slash.

During the run you have some limited control. You can also guard cancel the kick making for some decent mobility. It is an amazing gap closer and does really good damage. With an all-class sword I was doing 8K uncharged, 12K charged. The DPS is quite good considering its speed, but it can be awkward to aim. I'm also using only level 8 Guilty Break.

Crysteon
Jul 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
Dagger one is pretty good on certain situations and ignores enemy damage during performance (kind of a similar reaction Acro Effect has on enemies attacks if it's performed properly). It doesnt seem to be affected by Daggers Gear, though (I didnt mess with it enough). While looking for Backhand Smash Lv 15, I used Daggers PA against Orga Keratos and never took a single hit from it, becauseof the PA's invincible frames effect lol.

I had to buy a Lv 10 disk one because Predicada Neros were being a bitch and never spawned during Burning Rangers EQ.

Speaking of Backhand Smash, that thing pretty much rapes weak spots (I use to deal around 38k-50k damage on certain enemies weak spots if JA'd). I tried it out on Bal Rodos' mouth, and that thing pretty much damages him for more than 70% HP once you harpoon him.

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 06:51 PM
Ok so Sacred Skewer. 99% of the time, it will always hit its target. In some cases of overlap (like Ragne's crown and core proximity) it might hit another part but it will almost always hit the part. I can confirm hitting Zeshrayda's head when he stuck it out through the wall too which is amazing. The range on this thing is basically as far as your targeting goes, a melee Grants of sorts.

Radical Dreamer
Jul 18, 2013, 07:21 PM
Anyone find the new Gunslash PA yet? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about it floating around...

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 18, 2013, 07:32 PM
I like the flamethrower pa

Xaeris
Jul 18, 2013, 07:41 PM
Heel Stab is fantastic and has great synergy with the new S Roll JA Bonus. I had my doubts about it when I saw that it was a charged attack, but it works out. The bullet spray portion of the art that you get from charging has excellent range, and the kicks at the beginning make for a great approach to get you into Zero Range's effect range.

Oh, I also got Nazonde and tried it out during Falz earlier. lol. The arms never knew what hit them. 11k per hit to a weak spot with a lightning tree, Wise Stance, and average quality (Soul/Tech/Boost) units and weapons.

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I tried Heel Stab out and it works as far more functional (and powerful) Aerial Shooting. The leap is pretty awesome and the damage is quite good. I have a setup of HS, RT, SA now and it feels very effective.

Tankotron
Jul 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
TDs: Love it. A combination of this and Flowen daggs has made me start using TDs more often

Sword: ehh...? got a level 15 of it and granted I didn't use my strongest sword I was veeeeery disappointed with it.

DS: Lol um. Yea I really hope i'm using this wrong because my Jinrai only dealing 1200 seems really odd...

FacelessRed
Jul 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
I've used the new Sword PA. It reminds me of being Strider Hiryu. It is a homing dash attack. (it charges 1 charge level as well, so use it with the sword gear for instant charge and max damage) It doesn't hit very hard but it literally can be used to bring you directly to what you target making range issues non existent for hunters. It also has a knock up effect at full charge. So use it with verticles for the best combo.

I've also gotten to use the new Wired lance PA.

It's really cool visually, and damage CAN be good. But it's main issue is it's horrid range, you will find that you miss a lot of hits with it unless you are very close to your enemy. You cannot dash cancel this move but you CAN block cancel the move, so if you find that you've executed it too far away, cancel it and move in closer. I find using Heavenly fall afterwards is a nice finisher in regular combat.

And the Spear attack at first seems LAME, but if you utilize your maximum range it can be a pretty decent ranged combo. and get those hard to reach spots on some bosses. But your attack animation leaves you rather open.

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
You can step immediately after throwing SS and it'll still work. If you want to charge gear afterwards, step attack out of it instead so you can restore PP while charging gear.

Zenobia
Jul 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
I have all the new PA's and I love em all I just need to work with Guilty Break fun as hell.

Radical Dreamer
Jul 18, 2013, 10:27 PM
I have all the new PA's and I love em all I just need to work with Guilty Break fun as hell.

How about the Gunslash PA? Is it any good?

Sorry to keep bugging people about this, but there just doesn't seem to be any info on it right now. I mean, is there finally a good Gunslash PA to use besides Additional Bullet? I gotta know! I GOTTA KNOW! @_@

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
I really don't have any idea. I bought any PAs that were selling below 100k and I wasn't interested in trying a melee Gunslash PA out for 500k. Once I get Braver to 40, I'm going to start hunting the new PAs down.