PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

mega2000x
Jul 18, 2013, 07:49 PM
hi all , i guess everyone asked this question before , but i really want an answer cause i'm really tired of this , my total play time is about 65 hours , and i'm only lvl 25 , i'm doing all kind of quests ,story , client orders ...etc ,but 65 hours for just 25 lvls are too much , so i wanted to ask what's the best way to lvl up fast,and please someone answer me in detail , thanks in advance ,and sorry if my english is bad ^^;

Renvalt
Jul 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
hi all , i guess everyone asked this question before , but i really want an answer cause i'm really tired of this , my total play time is about 65 hours , and i'm only lvl 25 , i'm doing all kind of quests ,story , client orders ...etc ,but 65 hours for just 25 lvls are too much , so i wanted to ask what's the best way to lvl up fast,and please someone answer me in detail , thanks in advance ,and sorry if my english is bad ^^;

So first thing's first - 60 hours is nothing. You'll need to put in FAR more than that to get anywhere near the higher levels.

Also, I'd suggest making a second character if you can. With Episode 2's release, it's now possible to do so. You can try out a Dewman or any other race, as well as start as a Braver (since it's a default class, not an unlockable).

You're also close enough to be able to get some of your unlockable classes. Tell me, have you unlocked your subclass? Episode 2 now allows you to level it up just by having it set (up to a maximum of Level 40).

But yeah, you're not gonna be at cap in 60~65 hours. It's gonna take you at least 200 hours, if not more, to get to where you want to be.

Still, I really suggest you make a second char. You get some neato stuff from the Arks Road tutorials. That, and Braver is really fun to play.

In terms of Story Quests, though - which Matter Board are you at? I'd follow the gold nodes if I were you - any nodes enroute to them have guaranteed 100% drop rates on the first kill you get of that mob. Makes clearing all of Episode 1's Story much faster.

mega2000x
Jul 18, 2013, 09:10 PM
ok thanks for the info, i thought 65 hours was too much for 25 lvls only, yes already unlocked subclass ,about the matter board i think i'm on the third or the fourth one don't remember lol ,and thanks for the info about making a second character ,i'll try the new race and class , another question , how can i make some money since i can't trade or sell to other players without spending AC ,any advice ? thanks again for you help :)

artbunker
Jul 18, 2013, 09:14 PM
IM 15 hours in and I'm at level 23 already. Like the previous poster said, start a new toon. Number 2, do the missions and get as many contacts as possible. . 3 select missions that have things that can be completed in the llimited quest currently(chaotic boarder break). Trust me when it comes times to open up other stages it will happen faster by doing the pre req stuff in that mission .

4. Always try to do the emergency quest that post and if your lucky try to do them twice or even three times. 5, again go to your contacts , do their missions, follow up and make sure you turn those missions in . 6 make friends on that game. With other friends you will kill things faster and get exp faster. 7 use exp boosters. Those 50-75% boosters also make your exp go fast. In fact use them in EQ missions you will be surprised how fast your exp journey will move.

Finally, though this might be risky, find teams in quest hat are not full and try to get in on them. Again the more folks your with the faster your killing will be.

P.S..

You might also want to go back to stages that you beat and run through them again and get stronger . Exp per second is sometimes faster than exp per kill .

MetalDude
Jul 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
The initial run to 45+ is a slow, arduous one. You're unlocking Client Orders (and in the process doing a lot of slow ones) which will help you lead to much better experience rewards later on which will significantly help level other classes. One suggestion would be to do Border Break constantly. Great experience, great COs, and a variety of enemies which helps with taking care of kill/collect COs.

Of course, a lot of the particularly terrible COs (Franka's 40 Fordoran horns...) were made a lot better and give out more experience now so things should go a good deal faster at least.

mega2000x
Jul 18, 2013, 09:20 PM
ok thanks all for your help ,i gues i'm still noob lol , thanks again :)

hungryneko
Jul 18, 2013, 09:21 PM
Renvalt mentions next to nothing about how to level up fast, he want to level up fast not what to do in this game.

I'm 58 hours in my main char and its is 33HU/13FI with a major of the time just chilling to feed my mag. I've just start playing pretty much for a little more than 2 weeks so I don't know everything but here are some useful tips, that you might not know already:

- feed your subclass with Client Orders: do client orders that gives lots of exp with main class then switch to subclass to turn them in. Yes there are some penalty but better than grinding with a weak character.

- leeching Dark Falz: not in any schedule but if you manage to get online when there is an event, you can try jumping to a crowded ship to leeched off people with uber damage.

- buying gears from players' shop: for lower level character, gears are super cheap; just search for what you think you are lacking and you will know what I mean. This would help alot in survive and dealing more damage to do better quest.

Remz69
Jul 18, 2013, 09:27 PM
65h for lvl 25 seems like a bit too much even for a 1st playthrough

a good thing to know if you didn't is that koffie's orders are worth a lot of exp at lower lvls especially since they have no lvl penalty on them

by mostly running the arks quests and explorations doing koffie's orders i got my 2nd toon to lvl 22 in 5h and i'm only at the tundra

the orders going with the limited quest and the limited quest itself are also good Xp

as for money, you need to unlock more maps, doing so will unlock the time attack quests
completing the time attacks will then unlock orders requiring you to A-rank them on different difficulties
these orders are the best way to make money

mega2000x
Jul 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
Renvalt mentions next to nothing about how to level up fast, he want to level up fast not what to do in this game.

I'm 58 hours in my main char and its is 33HU/13FI with a major of the time just chilling to feed my mag. I've just start playing pretty much for a little more than 2 weeks so I don't know everything but here are some useful tips, that you might not know already:

- feed your subclass with Client Orders: do client orders that gives lots of exp with main class then switch to subclass to turn them in. Yes there are some penalty but better than grinding with a weak character.

- leeching Dark Falz: not in any schedule but if you manage to get online when there is an event, you can try jumping to a crowded ship to leeched off people with uber damage.

- buying gears from players' shop: for lower level character, gears are super cheap; just search for what you think you are lacking and you will know what I mean. This would help alot in survive and dealing more damage to do better quest.

thanks , already doing that , i guess my most hours was from lvl 1 to lvl 15 cause i was new in the game and didn't read any guides so took me some time to undrstand many things , i think going from 15 to 25 was easier than going from 1 to 15 lol , but still wanted to know a way to lvl faster ,but thanks again to all of you for you help :)

mandraxx
Jul 18, 2013, 09:40 PM
25 levels in 60 hours. I'd be kissing the ground. It took me WAY long to get that far, but then again, when I started playing, the CO's weren't as relaxed as they are now. They are especially relaxed and rebalanced.

The one guy had it right - save your CO's for your subclass. Believe me, it'll be worth it.
Also, sub-tip: Split your dark falz runs between your main char and your sub char. Once you've reached a decent high level with your main, you can sub all your falz with your sub for some uber leveling. Very soon, your characters will begin to collide (level wise).

Then, you can begin doing falz with your main, all the while handing in COs.

Also, don't forget the character support system - your support char can hand in COs, so that will be a help. And, you get 10% bonus from your main character. Actually, a falz run might be just what the doctor ordered to get your sub moving. The exp gained from falz divided by 10 is still a lot and will xfer over to help level your sub.

Finally, playing as your sub (heaven forbid!) When you play, keep something in mind. Say, two levels. Use the EXP tickets. Keep it short and sweet. It can be easy to burn out and give up, believe me, but you don't want to do that.

Good luck.

Sylphia
Jul 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
To level faster, you need to be hmmm more efficient lets say.

Right now, like the above post, do border break runs and the accompanying Xie client orders. Good drops, good xp and plenty of people to run with. Ends Aug 2, don't waste the opportunity. Blocks 1-6 for n/h, 7-14 for vh. Do the appropriate level run for you. (don't bring a npc and gimp the rest of the group)

As far as Emergency quests, I'd not neccessarily do every one that pops up, some are better than others. Some for the time/xp/drops, aren't worth it till you're higher level (doing VH).

For normal grinding, bring npc friends, certain ones will benefit you more than others (xeno is a better tank imho than ohza who tosses mobs way too much, meloo is good dmg as a techer, but echo is good to bring along when you know you want a force that uses lightning, etc). NPC partners mean you face 1 boss at the end of every quest, other people in your party can mean you face multiple bosses, keep that in mind.

Also, you can limit pt invites but don't limit multi-party, and get to a block that's populated. When you're running a map and others join with thier pt's, good things can happen if you stick together or atleast give a <t> <pos>.

For making money, pick up everything and sell it. Carry telepipes with you, and if your pack fills mid-way, then tp back to the campship, unload and go back down. Sell everything you don't need, but some things, like souls on weapons, if you're improving a weapon, keep them to use. 8-15k/run will add up.

Also, log-in everyday, even just to log in/out to get your fun points. When you get a decent amount of FUN, draw scratches and hope to get some 'myshop 3day' passes. Open your shop just before the weekend and check it everytime you leave the campship.

A second character I don't see helping you level any faster, unless you've messed up your skilltree (but you got a reset ticket now too). I'd recommend waiting to make your second character till you know more about the game, and are ready for a second voice saying they're not getting enough playtime, and snickering about Dudu and how you deserve it.... >.>;

Oh, and gear/weapons. Plan ahead and either save for, or hunt for, your desired weapon/armor for your chosen class. At the same time, best weapon/gear for your level will go a long way toward your more enjoyable leveling. They just lowered the req's for armor so you can wear better armor for the bulk of your leveling now.

And for arks road and bingo, save your xp/meseta/triboosts till you 'know' you're going on a run where they will be useful. Don't waste them on a client order forest mission.

As a final note, I'd say this. Imho PSO2's enjoyment 'is' the journey, enjoy it. Don't be in such a rush to get to the end. Being stronger, smarter, and having better equipment isn't a thing you unlock at "high level" ^^

weneedtogodeeper
Jul 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
1. MPA during JP peak hours; somewhere around 7PM-1AM JP time.
2. Kill mobs >5 & <11 levels than you.
3. Find a good Map; look for "8" or pretzel shaped maps with pockets along the outside.
4. Get an efficient Party; the MPA should pretty much be mowing down mobs while moving clockwise/xclockwise around the map.
5. Friend up with a pro Hu/Fi :D

AlaskanKactus
Jul 18, 2013, 11:03 PM
You're doing better than I did when I first started. I think after my first 60 hours I had barely made it to lvl 20.

Save all boosters for emergency boss runs. (Dark Falz, Vardha, Banthers, Ragne)

Make sure to take advantage of Client Orders that can be repeated. And that have a 24 hour cool down period.

Make sure to keep your armor and weapons upgraded as you level up, this will help you to complete COs quicker.

Also, set goals for yourself. Find a nice piece of armor or a powerful weapon you want. Maybe even a costume or two that you would like to wear. To me, this is what makes the game fun.

I'm still on my journey to getting an 11* weapon and finally unlocking Revelle's partner card lol

RedRaz0r
Jul 18, 2013, 11:18 PM
I have about 600 hours on my character, none of that played at max level, and I only have fighter at 60 and hunter at 40.

Metalsnake27
Jul 18, 2013, 11:19 PM
They made early leveling so much easier now than it used to be....

You can get to level 14ish maybe 15 in no time at all. (On a new character of course)

... then you hit caves... and the client orders take forever... and it slows down... alot.

Then you reach 25 and.... yeah. Then it gets awful. 25-30 is just terrible. That's when I quit the first time lol. I heard it's a little better though, especially with emergency quests and the limited quest for the anniversary event.

mega2000x
Jul 18, 2013, 11:49 PM
They made early leveling so much easier now than it used to be....

You can get to level 14ish maybe 15 in no time at all. (On a new character of course)

... then you hit caves... and the client orders take forever... and it slows down... alot.

Then you reach 25 and.... yeah. Then it gets awful. 25-30 is just terrible. That's when I quit the first time lol. I heard it's a little better though, especially with emergency quests and the limited quest for the anniversary event.

yeah i guess that's true , cause i started playing it a year ago or more and roughly got lvl 15 ,then left the game and started again a week or two ago only plaing one hour per day and went up from 15 to 25 in about 10 - 15 hours or less (i did alot of Falz ,so i guess that's the reason xD ) ,so yes i guess they made it easier lol

Tetsuo9999
Jul 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
Is 25-30 any easier now? I'm about to hit that part of the game on my Braver, and I was wondering what the fastest way to get through it was now. Also, keep in mind that I have no one to play this with, so my only help is via NPCs. Thanks in advance.

ZeGoose
Jul 19, 2013, 12:15 AM
NPCs and other players you meant. You don't have to be in the same party (you should as that will net you more EXP), and just keep hopping from MPAs to MPAs when they start dying. 1-30 is mindblowingly easy compared to what it was before the adjustments to Koffie's client orders.

gunwale
Jul 19, 2013, 12:15 AM
If it is not your first char, 1-20 only takes around 3-5 hours. Spam hans(forest-farm mobs from TA) and revelle low level quest from 1-8 then cougar normal from 8-20. 20-30 takes around 7hours. Cougar hard gives about 50% per run from 20-30. Lets say it takes 20minutes per run so 20 runs. 30-40 will take about a day with lots of boss quests and collect quests. 40 onwards is just cougar vh. 40-50 will take around 3-4 days and 50-60 i about a week if you are a hardcore grinder.

Tetsuo9999
Jul 19, 2013, 12:44 AM
Yeah, but I have no one to play this with, so everything takes forever. Is there anyone on Ship 6, or am I stuck soloing the entire game?

SakuRei
Jul 19, 2013, 12:53 AM

Patience man... 65 hours is not enough even for a first timer, of course within somewhere inside around that 65 hours you roam and get lost on certain things before you tried to understand how it works. And plus it's much better to level up slower since you tend to explore and learn more things through mission runs. Don't compare yourself to veterans, old players, or experienced ones. Just play smoothly and continue to learn... you won't gain anything if you complain or reason about "I should reach lvl 50+ already since it's already 60+ hours of my gameplay". again just have fun leveling, you won't even bother thinking about the hours you spend if you enjoy playing. :-)

holmwood
Jul 19, 2013, 03:23 AM
As everyone said, border break is the primary way to level other than event missions like burning arks and dark falz.

Once border break is gone, people will go back to MPAs and Client Orders. Let's face it. Client orders can't even dent that 400k+ exp grind.
The best way to level from 40-50 other than client orders and event missions is to have Entrance PSE burst parties. You will need to purchase exp boosters with funds you get from Time Attack Client Orders.

A detailed instruction on doing this in areas other than Advanced Quests is necessary. I don't know why there is no thread about this.

You can actually do this from 20-40 as well, but it is impossible to do this without serious coordination.

mega2000x
Jul 19, 2013, 03:56 AM
Patience man... 65 hours is not enough even for a first timer, of course within somewhere inside around that 65 hours you roam and get lost on certain things before you tried to understand how it works. And plus it's much better to level up slower since you tend to explore and learn more things through mission runs. Don't compare yourself to veterans, old players, or experienced ones. Just play smoothly and continue to learn... you won't gain anything if you complain or reason about "I should reach lvl 50+ already since it's already 60+ hours of my gameplay". again just have fun leveling, you won't even bother thinking about the hours you spend if you enjoy playing. :-)

i'm not complaining but i'm very busy that i can only play 1 hour every day or two ,so like that it'll take me forever to see more game content , anyways all of you helped me alot thx :-D