PDA

View Full Version : Unable to add partner characters to my team

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 08:37 PM
As the topic title says. I've done the quests to get some partner characters. I have Afin, Echo, Zeno, and Jean. After playing with a friend earlier, I'm now unable to add partner characters when I'm party leader or solo, but in quests with friends I'm able to.

Is there some setting or something that causes that? My other characters work fine, just my Braver has this issue.

KazukiQZ
Jul 18, 2013, 08:43 PM
Somebody else with the same quest and the same MPA had already party with the NPC thus disabling you from partying with them.
My Braver still can't finish the job with Jean since everybody being partied with him xD

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 08:45 PM
Well it's not even that. The terminal itself refuses to let me use it. I can't even add my friends that have their friend NPC partners set up. It says the following.

"マッチング設定により、
パートナーの呼び出しが制限されています。"

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
Well it's not even that. The terminal itself refuses to let me use it. I can't even add my friends that have their friend NPC partners set up. It says the following.

"マッチング設定により、
パートナーの呼び出しが制限されています。"

Google Translate: The "matching set, Call of partner is limited."

Oh, are you trying to do a Story quest or an Emergency Quest? Those are all Solo and can't bring in Partner characters.

KazukiQZ
Jul 18, 2013, 08:50 PM
^Seems like it's maybe a condition set for the MPA :/

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 08:50 PM
I just haven't been able to figure out why it's limited. Because out of my guild, I'm normally the only person that's on. So like I should be able to use my friends' NPCs right?

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 08:52 PM
^Seems like it's maybe a condition set for the MPA :/

Do tell what MPA means.:-P

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 08:55 PM
I have restrict Multi-Party Areas though. So my team should be the only one in them as well, right?

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 08:57 PM
I have restrict Multi-Party Areas though. So my team should be the only one in them as well, right?

Multi-Party Areas are open to everyone I highly doubt you are able to block any other party's from entering them.

Anduril
Jul 18, 2013, 09:01 PM
There is an option at the Quest Counter that disables Partner Characters; you probably have it activated.

jcart953
Jul 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
Isnt there an option that restricts npcs from joining certain mpas. You have to manually overwrite it.

Chrysheight
Multi-Party Areas are open to everyone I highly doubt you are able to block any other party's from entering them.

Well crap. That still doesn't explain why I can't even open the partner menu. Thanks for the help though, you two. :)

blace
At the quest counter check the third option and uncheck the box.

Edit: A bit slow on it, but just check there.

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 09:05 PM
Which option? If it's the one under the list box, it stays unchecked

ArcaneTechs
Jul 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
Can't bring an npc that you with you on a quest? no prob, restart the same quest and presto you can invite them. Still can't? do it one more time and your good to go (or i guess until its not darkened anymore)

blace
Jul 18, 2013, 09:06 PM
I can't get in game right now to verify, but it's the third option upon entering the quest counter.

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 09:08 PM
Hrm. Even when I don't modify options, I can't. I'll try redoing quest until it works.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 18, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hrm. Even when I don't modify options, I can't. I'll try redoing quest until it works.

works for me when i need to bring an npc in

Chrysheight
Jul 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
Guess I'll try after maintenance. Forgot they were doing that tonight.

FacelessRed
Jul 18, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cannot use partner characters? List of reasons here:

The quest you are on is a story quest or a time attack. You cannot use Partner characters on these

The Area is FULL. (12/12 people are on the map)

Someone is using the partner: (Jean being used, and you want him? too bad)

Restrict partner usage, This could be your doing or someone elses, if you join a map that restricts them, then you will not be able to use them.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
Cannot use partner characters? List of reasons here:

The quest you are on is a story quest or a time attack. You cannot use Partner characters on these

The Area is FULL. (12/12 people are on the map)

Someone is using the partner: (Jean being used, and you want him? too bad)

Restrict partner usage, This could be your doing or someone elses, if you join a map that restricts them, then you will not be able to use them.

ive been able to bring in multiple of the same npc's before (i dont mean 3 oza's either) but if theyve changed it then idk

Chrysheight
Jul 19, 2013, 07:55 AM
Stupid me. I guess when I was messing with stuff at the quest counter in the Camp Ship, I had accidentally hit Restrict Partners.

I was the one at fault. It was the third option though. Sorry about that, I had a moment of stupidity. Thank you everyone for you help. I appreciate it. :D