PDA

View Full Version : Namegid is OP

Zyrusticae
Jul 19, 2013, 09:58 AM
https://cxvqtw.blu.livefilestore.com/y2p7B1F6X3XbAMJ9f5D6XBz-xXSR2uANgqgP_dXF00MWMkPpe8cJ3O62tuHUMrz5gEcaTmKE1o a1VPSMrF6ecLVd4nFmhw2ng16uQvvPx4vYUw/up62516.png?psid=1

Just thought I'd let you know.

Shear
Jul 19, 2013, 10:00 AM
...!? dafug?
That HAS to be a bug O.o

HIT0SHI
Jul 19, 2013, 10:04 AM
Inb4 Nerf

Meji
Jul 19, 2013, 10:05 AM
...!? dafug?
That HAS to be a bug O.o
Not really, it's just that strong.

Break QD's nose, apply poison to it, put weak bullet on there, and the damage will be very high (I believe somewhere around 8 times the normal damage).
Play as a TE/GU with all points into a Megid Build and Chain Finish, get a high chain combo, and bam.

gigawuts
Jul 19, 2013, 10:06 AM
Everything is fine move along please.

jooozek
Jul 19, 2013, 10:13 AM
forces really needed something for killing bosses so please

Aine
Jul 19, 2013, 10:27 AM
2.27 million damage, but that's with a chain combo.

What's really broken is Gunner's S-Roll JA bonus. You get a 200% multiplier just for doing a flip before your PA. what

holmwood
Jul 19, 2013, 10:33 AM

What's really broken is Gunner's S-Roll JA bonus. You get a 200% multiplier just for doing a flip before your PA. what

Gunners needed that boost... T_T

Shadowth117
Jul 19, 2013, 10:51 AM
Thing is, that's so situational that you would almost never see it happen.... and even if you did it wouldn't be worthwhile to do. Still cool as hell though.

Gardios
Jul 19, 2013, 10:52 AM
And SEGA thought 6 digits would be sufficient for this update. :wacko:

ShinMaruku
Jul 19, 2013, 10:53 AM
Now I must get namegid and MURDER things. Who's with me?
http://i.imgur.com/2lEIg1p.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 19, 2013, 10:55 AM
Meanwhile...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KxC2DPc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

(crosspost derp derp derp)

ShinMaruku
Jul 19, 2013, 11:28 AM
I now want a space hamster PB....

Xaeris
Jul 19, 2013, 11:42 AM
Meanwhile...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KxC2DPc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

(crosspost derp derp derp)

"That's not that much damage..." *sees level* "lolwut"

Vashyron
Good balancing by Sega as always.

AgemFrostMage
I've been hunting for the rare chrome dragon, but now I shall hunt even harder! :D

Vintasticvin
Jul 19, 2013, 12:26 PM
Namegid is the bomb diggity and heres a box of tissue to help with all the crying going on. Again Namegid IS NOT broken :3 Its just that damn good.

Neferpitou
Jul 19, 2013, 12:29 PM
Definitely not broken. As intended.

-Uncle at Sega

Z-0
Jul 19, 2013, 12:31 PM
For full damage, Namegid takes a very, very long while to charge. It's not as fast as other techniques (it's something like 7 seconds, I think)?

Honestly though, even Nafoie is kind of overpowered. If you can directly hit things with it, you will do like 10,000 damage or something, and that takes 0.5s to charge (although with a 35PP cost).

Shadowth117
Jul 19, 2013, 12:49 PM
For full damage, Namegid takes a very, very long while to charge. It's not as fast as other techniques (it's something like 7 seconds, I think)?

Honestly though, even Nafoie is kind of overpowered. If you can directly hit things with it, you will do like 10,000 damage or something, and that takes 0.5s to charge (although with a 35PP cost).

For nafoie at least, deadly archer. No more to say there.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 19, 2013, 05:32 PM

It drops from rare and cost a lot of PP so it should be OP. Namegid especially should be considering how rare the boss that drops it is.

Shadowth117
Jul 19, 2013, 05:44 PM
It drops from rare and cost a lot of PP so it should be OP. Namegid especially should be considering how rare the boss that drops it is.

Aaactually I gotta disagree there. It stands to reason that after a time this technique will be extremely common one way or another. Rare drop or not, an attack that overshadows the majority of your arsenal when before there were a number of very viable attack methods is kind of ridiculous. Its cool that its good and force definitely needed a boss killer. But I do think its somewhat overpowered despite its obvious downsides (ex. vulnerability during lengthy charge, chance of being attacked and wasting pp/time, pp cost itself).

jcart953
Jul 19, 2013, 05:50 PM
Meh I think its fine I mean hunters overend could hit pretty high..so why not a technique. Anyway yay techer got a boss killer move :).

Xaeris
Jul 19, 2013, 05:54 PM
This being a PvE game, I find Namegid more funny than alarming so I don't really much care if it remains as is. That said, I don't think being in rare supply (and really, that's not going to last that long) is justification for an ability's power. Winning the lottery shouldn't entitle you to vastly more power than another player who's otherwise similar.

jcart953
Jul 19, 2013, 05:58 PM
Lol but this game is practically a lottery. I mean if you find dragon slayer, Hunars sword, (*insert ubber rare) you practically get a huge 1up on everyone else. So yea....

Alisha
Jul 19, 2013, 06:04 PM
my only problem with namegid is that it further promotes spike damage over sustained damage over time.

Shadowth117
Jul 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
Lol but this game is practically a lottery. I mean if you find dragon slayer, Hunars sword, (*insert ubber rare) you practically get a huge 1up on everyone else. So yea....

Hunar's sword is actually weaker than the best trade in sword now and has a less powerful ability. Just saying. Not to mention 11* trade ins.

Xaeris
Jul 19, 2013, 06:08 PM
There's a significant difference between items and photon arts. In the case of items, not only can you create items that rival most uber rares via the pyroxene shop and element grinding, the power granted by these items pales in comparison to the power granted by gaining a whole new option of attack. A Force with a Skyland rod can do kind of okay against a Force with a Rabbit Wand. A Force with Namegid will completely and totally blow away a Force without Namegid.

Kitoshi
Jul 19, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hunar's sword is actually weaker than the best trade in sword now and has a less powerful ability. Just saying. Not to mention 11* trade ins.

Is the only sword ingame with vampiric effect. That makes it worth something.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
Aaactually I gotta disagree there. It stands to reason that after a time this technique will be extremely common one way or another. Rare drop or not, an attack that overshadows the majority of your arsenal when before there were a number of very viable attack methods is kind of ridiculous. Its cool that its good and force definitely needed a boss killer. But I do think its somewhat overpowered despite its obvious downsides (ex. vulnerability during lengthy charge, chance of being attacked and wasting pp/time, pp cost itself).

Speaking of which they need to bring up the charge time speed it is dumb being outran when safoie is charged and immediately after charging be able to dodge instead of stand there. In fact I say get rid of out of combat speed entirely for all classes. Also I find it when looking for a nafoie at the beach just now ^_^ I found this ???? teleporter, killed 10 diggnuts, then fought haze draal with just using zan. I was alone except for Revelle, who only joins for the affinity increase. A fighter skill dropped from him too but I save it for my CAST.

I defeat him, destroyed the arms and leg armor, but didn't get the tail but first time he transformed I got his wings. Can't be too picky with targeting need to be very careful I healed up from 63 HP at one point (thank you Vardha armor though you were useless against serpent).

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130719_185302_007_zps0637a5b4.png

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130719_191822_016_zps873cbe26.png

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130719_191653_014_zps1327de4e.png

MetalDude
Jul 19, 2013, 06:34 PM

Ok what. I was curious if any of the new S Roll skills were worthwhile but holy hell. Guess I might just reset my tree and ditch Chain Trigger. GU actually having worthwhile sustainable damage sounds fantastic in my book.

Z-0
Jul 19, 2013, 06:35 PM
Only the JA roll seems worth it. The other two are damage increases during the roll, which seem worthless. S. Roll Arts just does a normal attack with higher damage.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 19, 2013, 06:40 PM

So what about monsters having skills that are OP:

1.Predicalas can two shot even in good armor and you are stunned for the first hit rendering dodge button useless.

2.New serpent boss not only has a couple of one hit kills but some bubbles can chain but that is rare.

3.Resh can knock you into the air and kill you.

4.Mobs suddenly move away when you cast ramegid, making zondeel mandatory or specialized waiting for catadraan'sa.

5. Dahgesh schools can chain, and can't dodge right after being hit.

6.Cyclonehda has a lot of range and ball comes back after using so can still take damage after dodge.

7. Gu and ga wonda have huge shields, which is a problem itself but they can move these shields and they get up way too fast after being hit with nazan, so a standard zondeel chain or ragrants is good for them if you must kill them. These make Amadeusca speed runs unbearable though I still got S-rank with hard, don't even want to think about very hard.

8. Snow banshee/banthers have fast combos and can two shot.

Vol Dragon isn't so bad in comparison though it's hard breaking both horns.

Xaeris
Jul 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
Ok what. I was curious if any of the new S Roll skills were worthwhile but holy hell. Guess I might just reset my tree and ditch Chain Trigger. GU actually having worthwhile sustainable damage sounds fantastic in my book.

You don't have to ditch CT. There's a couple new suggested builds in the last few posts of the Gunner discussion thread. The two best (imo) builds are a choice between APPR and Chain Finish. Bringing Bal Rodos down to "little strength left" solo on the first harpoon fall is pretty lol.

MetalDude
Jul 19, 2013, 06:45 PM
I put one point into the "PA" so far and the required points to into S Roll Up (as I'm still working off my previous tree and haven't hit 60 yet) and it does around 450 damage a hit for 10PP. Since I still have resets, I may just experiment in maxing all of those and then resetting later if the damage isn't great. JA Roll looks great, doing 200% with the already pretty solid Heel Stab should be ridiculous.

EDIT: Then I'll have to look into that. This and Heel Stab are definitely renewing my interest in GU as a legitimate class.

Emaniel
Jul 19, 2013, 07:51 PM
look like tactical nuke to me. :v

Shadowth117
Jul 19, 2013, 09:58 PM
So what about monsters having skills that are OP:

1.Predicalas can two shot even in good armor and you are stunned for the first hit rendering dodge button useless.

2.New serpent boss not only has a couple of one hit kills but some bubbles can chain but that is rare.

3.Resh can knock you into the air and kill you.

4.Mobs suddenly move away when you cast ramegid, making zondeel mandatory or specialized waiting for catadraan'sa.

5. Dahgesh schools can chain, and can't dodge right after being hit.

6.Cyclonehda has a lot of range and ball comes back after using so can still take damage after dodge.

7. Gu and ga wonda have huge shields, which is a problem itself but they can move these shields and they get up way too fast after being hit with nazan, so a standard zondeel chain or ragrants is good for them if you must kill them. These make Amadeusca speed runs unbearable though I still got S-rank with hard, don't even want to think about very hard.

8. Snow banshee/banthers have fast combos and can two shot.

Vol Dragon isn't so bad in comparison though it's hard breaking both horns.

Well I think its only fair I make counter arguments. Since my statements are rather lengthy, I'll spoiler this for your sake.

[spoiler-box]
1. Don't get hit, if you watch them and listen to the sounds before their ninja teleporting, you can dodge them very easy. Easier for sure if you're alone, but if you're in a party than you're probably not going to be as worried about getting killed since everything else should be in the process of that already if you aren't making sure its happening on your own.

2. The only one hit kills he has are very predictable after a few decent fights. Especially with force, its not difficult to dodge any of these really. And as for the bubbles, you shouldn't really even be hit by these since you can see where they'll land and once again, if you really need to you can use any kind of dodge to avoid them quite easy.

3. I don't know what enemy "Resh" is at all. If you mean Zeshreida, its a matter of avoiding his attack to begin with once again. Its not especially common to be juggled though I suppose it can happen.

4. First of all, gimegid, or megid with larger enemies, is far better for dealing with zondeeled mobs. Ramegid not only charges slower, but also consumes more PP. While it can work, enemies fail to die from it just as easily as with the other ones they manage it faster. And samegid, if you're not counting na, is far better for dealing with caters. You wouldn't even want to zondeel the caters.

5. That can be annoying, but usually if you pay attention to your surroundings you can avoid walking into that. If it does happen, dodging through them before the first hits can clearly help.

6. He can only turn in one direction while doing this and ample time to dodge is provided between these.

7. [spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOY1h8ilgPw
[/spoiler-box]
Yeah, I know pretty well about that. You don't really want to knock them down in the first place. Even if you can't 2-3 hit them (I can 2 hit them myself with my current build/gear) that way, zonde is still a very valid method of killing them fast. So you *could* repeatedly knock them down and use various other moves on them. Or you could Zonde the ground behind them for the aoe to hit their butts. If you want to really cheese it, you can even zonde them directly for less damage and an easy, albeit slower kill.

That video is from before the nerf by the way, but with what's available now its actually possible to surpass that damage with that same move so that's not really an excuse now. I can record what I can do now at some point to prove it if I need to.

8. They are fast, but they are predictable after learning them. For a force, its easy enough to hurt them a bit until they roar and lay a pounding into their faces by dodging into the roar and safoieing, foieing from a distance, zanning them, sazondeing them, grantsing them... and if you're doing enough damage they'll just keep roaring until they die pretty much.

Yes, they do have that unfortunate grapple sometimes which can be tricky to avoid since its not a usual technique of their's. But even then, its still something you can see coming. Annoying, sure. But its as visible as their other moves too, even if there is somewhat of a lack of warning for a move that can one hit like that.
[/spoiler-box]

Chik'Tikka
Jul 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
i do believe i posted this like 2 and a half hours ago in the screenshot thread+^_^+ but no one looks at screenshots anymore, they just post so no one commented+^_^+

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
what I love about banther is how when you're meleeing it and it's targetting someone else from a distance.

Either chase or get hit...and then chase again

Chdata
Jul 20, 2013, 05:13 AM
Wait, what's the info box in the upper right displaying? Is this how people check how much damage they've done?

Punisher106
Jul 20, 2013, 06:17 AM
Wait, what's the info box in the upper right displaying? Is this how people check how much damage they've done?

Player Records in the Visiphone.

Meanwhile, I have the hardest time finding that god damn dragon with a few of my friends. Spammed Rampaging MAlice twice, not a single haze. Ugh, this feels like looking for a King Varder.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 06:46 AM
I found Haze once last time the EQ popped (none just now), but all I got was a worthless lv13 Deadly Circle.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 20, 2013, 09:51 AM
Today I ran into the rare sea serpent (didn't even need the half doll from event so was lucky). It dropped a level 13 ranger skill but... no Nabarta -_- I bought a Nabarta and the skill is crap because of its range and easy to dodge.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 09:57 AM
As it turns out, a short range PA meant to stream out damage over an extended period of time is not good against light, mobile, low hp enemies.

Weird, right?

Sayara
Jul 20, 2013, 10:19 AM
I used it, the damage burst is hillarious. (almost 10k to a darker? Really) but the charge up time is very long for the burst, if you go FO it isnt that big of a deal with the PP charge regen, but as a TE its horrible. Get flinched? Over.

It does have the decencey to change targets if your current one dies. Which is nice.

its cool, but really situational to be doing some silly million damage bs

AgemFrostMage
Jul 20, 2013, 10:28 AM
As it turns out, a short range PA meant to stream out damage over an extended period of time is not good against light, mobile, low hp enemies.

Weird, right?

Yeah zondeel and safoie/gimegid/whatever is better for small mobiles, or zan. Zan is still the best technique against the big sea serpent =)

milranduil
Jul 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
Player Records in the Visiphone.

Meanwhile, I have the hardest time finding that god damn dragon with a few of my friends. Spammed Rampaging MAlice twice, not a single haze. Ugh, this feels like looking for a King Varder.

At least you can actually hunt King Vardha consistently... I've encountered one Haze Draal since Namegid's release and have been spamming free fields and Border Break non stop the entire time...

Yeah zondeel and safoie/gimegid/whatever is better for small mobiles, or zan. Zan is still the best technique against the big sea serpent =)

I sincerely hope you are joking...

Fayttt
Jul 20, 2013, 11:24 AM
Why does everybody even want Namegid? The tech is absolute poo compared to something like Nazonde, or even Barta. Have you guys even used the tech?

milranduil
Jul 20, 2013, 11:24 AM
Forget your coffee this morning?

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Why does everybody even want Namegid? The tech is absolute poo compared to something like Nazonde, or even Barta. Have you guys even used the tech?
Charge it for 5 seconds instead of 1.

MetalDude
Jul 20, 2013, 11:43 AM
Filthy, terrible jokes.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 11:47 AM
< has never actually used Naz so idk if it actually sucks or not

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 11:54 AM
I saw nazonde and oh good lord it looks fantastic, I don't even care if it's good I still need it.

~Aya~
Jul 20, 2013, 12:08 PM

New Hampshire's troll joins the battle!!

Aine
Jul 20, 2013, 12:27 PM
http://nicotter.net/watch/sm21379193

Backhand Smash is probably the most OP thing added in EP2. Guy in the video is terrible, but you can see even with Elder Fist he's dealing out 6-digit damage like nothing.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 12:32 PM
ugh stop making things good plz this means I have to spend even more meseta

>: |

~Aya~
Jul 20, 2013, 12:36 PM
ugh stop making things good plz this means I have to spend even more meseta

>: |

But you have like infinite meseta....

holmwood
Jul 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
Namegid is only OP in some situations.

For regular use, it's a decent all-purpose tech that is spammable with charge pp revival. The dps is a bit higher compared to regular tech spam.
Im only getting 40-50k per 7 second cast for instance. It can spike up with weakpoints. I would say that's on par with overend.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 20, 2013, 12:44 PM
At least you can actually hunt King Vardha consistently... I've encountered one Haze Draal since Namegid's release and have been spamming free fields and Border Break non stop the entire time...

I sincerely hope you are joking...

No zan really is that good. Okay, usually a technique hits one area at a time, but zan can hit more than one. I used zan to take down haze draal and it damaged his hands and feet at the same time. Zan also breaks the serpent's plates and horns at the same time. Its boomerang effect is also great for cumulative damage. I tried looking for it in the Border Break but didn't find it but got a teleporter to ???? where he was. It's a good 8 million I save (or however much a level 12 namegid would be worth if sellable).

It's too bad that wind and dark masteries are on the same class or else I would max out both.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 20, 2013, 12:47 PM

It is good from what I saw.

1.It charges even as you walk away, so you can put camera behind you while still charging and watching enemies:

2.Long range, but still limited, if limit is about to be released can still do damage if you release the RT button.

3.Keeps focus, so great for breaking parts.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 12:51 PM
But you have like infinite meseta....
Ehh, not really. A lot is still in investments, I made some upgrades, lost some meseta affixing/grinding because Episode 2 brought the price down on some things (Such as Gwana Double...), and blahblahblah.

I would like to make meseta now but nobody wants to AQ. :/ MPA'ing is super lame and AQ drop rates got increased with Episode 2 but nobody has noticed.

Oh well.

OppaiMaya
Jul 20, 2013, 01:02 PM

Backhand Smash is probably the most OP thing added in EP2. Guy in the video is terrible, but you can see even with Elder Fist he's dealing out 6-digit damage like nothing.

Wow that's OP as hell ^^;

SEGA fix OE!!! I want my OE to do 600K now!

milranduil
Jul 20, 2013, 01:02 PM
No zan really is that good. Okay, usually a technique hits one area at a time, but zan can hit more than one. I used zan to take down haze draal and it damaged his hands and feet at the same time. Zan also breaks the serpent's plates and horns at the same time. Its boomerang effect is also great for cumulative damage. I tried looking for it in the Border Break but didn't find it but got a teleporter to ???? where he was. It's a good 8 million I save (or however much a level 12 namegid would be worth if sellable).

It's too bad that wind and dark masteries are on the same class or else I would max out both.

Rafoie/Safoie is better dps for his junk... assuming you've spec'd your trees correctly. Once he's been harpooned, Safoie/Nafoie are best dps.

Ehh, not really. A lot is still in investments, I made some upgrades, lost some meseta affixing/grinding because Episode 2 brought the price down on some things (Such as Gwana Double...), and blahblahblah.

I would like to make meseta now but nobody wants to AQ. :/ MPA'ing is super lame and AQ drop rates got increased with Episode 2 but nobody has noticed.

Oh well.

I would do AQ exclusively if Haze could spawn there ;x

BlankM
Jul 20, 2013, 01:03 PM
I share that sentiment. 10% affix week was like a big trap. Its been slow trying to sell all the things I made. Plus so many shiny things I want now. x.x

~Aya~
Jul 20, 2013, 01:09 PM

Oh well.

I'm almost 45 Bra and wanna desert AQ or do AQ where exit burst is awesome 8D... im all for exp and stuffs. Gogo bullet bow aoe on cross burst!!!

Macman
Jul 20, 2013, 01:11 PM
I saw nazonde and oh good lord it looks fantastic, I don't even care if it's good I still need it.
Nazonde's pretty cool. It's a great compliment to Zondeel where if you keep mashing the button, you have two DoT fields going at once.

Zyrusticae
Jul 20, 2013, 04:46 PM

Hahahaha, that's great.

And people were worried it was going to be shit on account of its (apparent) range.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 04:47 PM
Backhand Smash is essentially Nazan, but since HU weapons have far better mobility with Step than Mirage on FO, you can easily get close to abuse that damage bonus.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
No that's what I expected. It would be a high damage knockback move, the only question was how high the damage would be. I expected another nazan, which I've discussed as needing either to not knock back or to need way too high damage so that knocking enemies away isn't a hindrance to itself when used repeatedly (i.e. it kills in 1 hit, instead of being a 2+ hit move that can't be used repeatedly) - but then it becomes obscenely OP against things you can't knock away such as bosses.

So now we get to see that in action.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'd hope it'd do good damage for the short range and large PP cost.

How are knuckles now in general, though? Like the hitstop I mean.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 05:25 PM
Still the same, the hitstop thing is in August.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 05:31 PM
Worthless.

Guess I won't get around to using them after all.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
I dunno, knuckle PA balance seems about on par with double sabers now. One for damage, one for AOE-ish. All the others are terrible, except for different reasons - low damage or just generally terrible on double sabers, then that plus hitstop issues on knuckles.

Man, fighter's such a mess.

MetalDude
Jul 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
Hitstop is pretty much a non-issue for Backhand given it's just a single hit.

Now that range. Jesus, that's awful.

BlankM
Jul 20, 2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah seems like something you'd only pull out for very specific bosses/situations. Otherwise, DA is still much more practical.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
I'm thinking something like zeshrayda's core, where deadly archer can be a chore to keep on the mark.

Enough to invest in a powerful set of knuckles? I don't think so, unless you already wanted them. There's still too much overlap with dubs.

edit: But then I haven't used this myself, so take that with a grain of salt. It might be the best thing since sliced darcher.

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 07:04 PM
I have no problem with Deadly Archer on Zesh at all. You can stand somewhere on his neckline with Wise, and your Archer will hit the core and you'll move into his body, thus leaving you immobile.

But my char is tall so Archer travels somewhat far.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 07:05 PM
Huh, good tip. I never tried that.