PDA

View Full Version : Meseta, Builds, and omg why did I go ice tree.

Aerionel
Jul 20, 2013, 02:33 AM
So, It's been a while. I played pso2 at its release for a little while, liked it, but it never really stuck like psu did (go ahead laugh, but I liked psu).

Anyway, I came back conveniently just before episode 2, and I'm enjoying my Force/Braver atm (just got subclassing) And I'm looking to unlock, then main techer. (partly because i went ice tree on force and i dont think thats good?)

So, this brings me to one of my questions, is techer a good main class to use, as my reason behind wanting to main it is its masteries in my favorite elements, and wands as a whole (they just look so neat, being able to actually melee with them(?) looks fun too) or will it forever sit in the proverbial land that is my subclass?

Also, how does one go about making money? I have a few old costumes sitting in my inventory from when I last played, and is there some way I can sell them other than my personal store? (effectively) I'd like to not spend money on AC just to make enough cash for the things I want. of course if i do get Ac i COULD undo my horrid build for my force...

Any help/advice or just plan chatter is appreciated, thank you.also if the answer to any of my questions is just blazingly obvious and im missing it, dont hesitate to point it out

Sizustar
Jul 20, 2013, 03:19 AM
So, It's been a while. I played pso2 at its release for a little while, liked it, but it never really stuck like psu did (go ahead laugh, but I liked psu).

Anyway, I came back conveniently just before episode 2, and I'm enjoying my Force/Braver atm (just got subclassing) And I'm looking to unlock, then main techer. (partly because i went ice tree on force and i dont think thats good?)

So, this brings me to one of my questions, is techer a good main class to use, as my reason behind wanting to main it is its masteries in my favorite elements, and wands as a whole (they just look so neat, being able to actually melee with them(?) looks fun too) or will it forever sit in the proverbial land that is my subclass?

Also, how does one go about making money? I have a few old costumes sitting in my inventory from when I last played, and is there some way I can sell them other than my personal store? (effectively) I'd like to not spend money on AC just to make enough cash for the things I want. of course if i do get Ac i COULD undo my horrid build for my force...

Any help/advice or just plan chatter is appreciated, thank you.also if the answer to any of my questions is just blazingly obvious and im missing it, dont hesitate to point it out

Next time use the quick question and answer thread.
Techer, isn't a terrible class to main, but if you're looking for OMGLOOK HOWFAST I KILL, FO/FI, FO/TE, or FO/GU is better

You can spin the Fun Scratch and see if you can get a 3 day My Shop ticket.
But most people earn money by doing Klotho(2nd Floor Ark Lobby) Daily Time attack quest, if you do all, you earn about..700k?

oratank
Jul 20, 2013, 03:24 AM
check your stock u may have some reset skill ticket

Aerionel
Jul 20, 2013, 03:57 AM
Next time use the quick question and answer thread.
Techer, isn't a terrible class to main, but if you're looking for OMGLOOK HOWFAST I KILL, FO/FI, FO/TE, or FO/GU is better

You can spin the Fun Scratch and see if you can get a 3 day My Shop ticket.
But most people earn money by doing Klotho(2nd Floor Ark Lobby) Daily Time attack quest, if you do all, you earn about..700k?

Oh, sorry about that.

And no, I'm not really looking for a "gotta kill fastest op metametametameta" build. Just something fun, yet effective.

And I guess I'll do those daily time attack quests, whats the level req for those?

KazukiQZ
Jul 20, 2013, 04:01 AM
for VH it's lv40 (i think)

Sizustar
Jul 20, 2013, 04:06 AM
Oh, sorry about that.

And no, I'm not really looking for a "gotta kill fastest op metametametameta" build. Just something fun, yet effective.

And I guess I'll do those daily time attack quests, whats the level req for those?

You can ask on B-20
There's N/H/VH, VH unlock on level 40+ it's the one that offer the most money, 100k each run

Aerionel
Jul 20, 2013, 04:08 AM
I've still got some leveling to do then.

Esofor
Jul 20, 2013, 04:22 AM
to put it into nicer words, techer pales in comparison to force. not sure if you understand how subclasses work, but whatever you have on your techer skill tree (your favorite elements w/e) will be in effect even as a techer sub.

time attacks are good for poverty money, shops are needed to make real money. doing all time attacks everyday would drive me to the brink of insanity, so i'd suggest only doing very hard time attacks(and hard at the absolute most).

did i just see fo/gu

TaigaUC
Jul 20, 2013, 04:32 AM
Techer is basically a poor conceptualization of battle mage, and they don't excel at either magic or melee. The stupidest thing is that there are rods named "wand". Many rods and wands look like they should be one or the other.
Techer'd probably be more interesting if they weren't lazy and designed special melee-tech PAs instead of just pasting Force techs onto them. Their support skills aren't major game changers either, just additions or buffs to existing stuff.

Last I checked, ice tree is screwed because the skills suck and SEGA's idea of balancing is adding skills to the very end of the ice tree to make the earlier skills not suck horribly. They don't seem to be interested in completely revamping the tree.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 06:58 AM
Well it's interesting you should come back now, seeing as how the ice tree got buffed additions.

Freeze Keep prevents freeze status from breaking instantly, so ice techs are more useful.

Freeze Ignite Boost increases the effective range to trigger the skill as well as the damage.

It's just too bad Photon Flare is still crap and you are forced to take a lot of points into it. Also Freeze Ignite is still hard to use and not worth it on anything that can be frozen other than Caters.

Techer got a few more skills to promote melee attacks, but none to further improve their techs, so Fo/Te still isn't stronger than Fo/Fi except with dark techs (well, and wind/light, but a Fo/Fi can use fire/lightning instead for better damage in every situation). Te/Hu works for the melee aspect, but the techs are pretty bad (outside of the support/utility techs), and Wand Gear is a poor replacement for actual PAs and interesting weapon dynamics.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 20, 2013, 09:49 AM
Would Te/Fi work if you focused on wind and dark (for namegid) and did the stances? I do just over 9000 damage on the land sharks who take too long to kill with a full charge namegid with wind tree equipped and over 11,000 with dark tree. I still have 9 points to go with the dark.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 12:54 PM
Well the problem with Te/Fi is you're casting techs all the time without Charge PP Revival and you're missing out on all the general Tech Advance skills. Lower damage all around than Fo/Fi, when targeting weaknesses or not, and with lower PP regen. Only time it's better is when Te/Fi hits a weakness when Fo/Fi does not, but then the other way around would be a bigger difference.

I feel like Fo/Te is better for a wind/light/dark focus than Te/Fi. Plus cheap and expanded Zondeel.

Aerionel
Jul 20, 2013, 01:31 PM
Well it's interesting you should come back now, seeing as how the ice tree got buffed additions.

Freeze Keep prevents freeze status from breaking instantly, so ice techs are more useful.

Freeze Ignite Boost increases the effective range to trigger the skill as well as the damage.

It's just too bad Photon Flare is still crap and you are forced to take a lot of points into it. Also Freeze Ignite is still hard to use and not worth it on anything that can be frozen other than Caters.

Techer got a few more skills to promote melee attacks, but none to further improve their techs, so Fo/Te still isn't stronger than Fo/Fi except with dark techs (well, and wind/light, but a Fo/Fi can use fire/lightning instead for better damage in every situation). Te/Hu works for the melee aspect, but the techs are pretty bad (outside of the support/utility techs), and Wand Gear is a poor replacement for actual PAs and interesting weapon dynamics.

Aah, guess I might as well reset my tree with AC asap, then. And thanks for the advice over techer, I'll find out if I want the melee aspect of it with te/hu, or if it'll just be my sublcass for the masteries as a fo/te after i play around with it after i unlock it, thank you!

jooozek
Jul 20, 2013, 02:10 PM
Aah, guess I might as well reset my tree with AC asap, then. And thanks for the advice over techer, I'll find out if I want the melee aspect of it with te/hu, or if it'll just be my sublcass for the masteries as a fo/te after i play around with it after i unlock it, thank you!

check your collection storage for all-trees skill resets, everyone got 1 per character with episode 2

holmwood
Jul 20, 2013, 02:12 PM

Te/Fi still loses out to Fo/Fi for Na Megid.
Te/Fi's Namegid is only 11% more damage with a dark tree, while Fo/Fi's Namegid can be used much more frequently as the long charge time works well with charge pp revival.
Noto to mention that rods are inherently stronger than wands in terms of T-Atk.

Against dragon types, elemental weakness will lead to a stronger namegid. But you won't be able to spam it.

The new techs have functions other than damage. Something to consider before dismissing Te/Hu for their weak tech damage.
-Nazonde lets you stay in the air for a lengthy period of time. You can whack-whack-nazonde spam for a long time... (good for ragne)
-Nagrants is an alternative to gifoie for flinching massive amounts of mobs. You can cast nagrants>zondeel>wand whack to clear alot of mobs very quickly.
-Zanverse increases dps tremendously in group settings.
Te/Hu or Te/Fi builds can opt to focus on Dark/Wind/Light instead of elemental weakness and pp restorate because pp will not be an issue with a focus on wand whacking, and tech usage will be mostly for building gear, not for damage. Some situations will require tech usage (highly mobile bosses), and specializing in a tree or two will make you less gimp.

Te/Hu builds have access to several gap-closer skills which will aid in wand whacking. Te/Fi has stronger tech damage, but slightly weaker wand whacks .

Aerionel
Jul 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
check your collection storage for all-trees skill resets, everyone got 1 per character with episode 2

Ooohoo, thank you based sega.