PDA

View Full Version : What are Dumans?

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 20, 2013, 09:37 AM
How have Dumans come to be? Has it been explained in the story yet? As far as I know they're humans that got spanked with Dark Falz crub, but there's gotta be more to it than that, right?
Thanks in advance for your diligent research!

Chdata
Jul 20, 2013, 10:41 AM
Demons.

Yamishi
Jul 20, 2013, 11:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken, in the Phantasy Star Portable series, it is explained that Dewmans/Dumans are humans that were infected by the SEED, but retain their humanity, despite the fact that most people/creatures infected by it turn into giant, terrifying monsters.

As for PSO2's version, I have no idea.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
Probably the same thing as psp2i. There would presumably be people living in the ships taken over by darkers, as you see in the darker den etc.

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2013, 11:23 AM
I'm surprised we haven't ran into any Zeno clones.

Renvalt
Jul 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm surprised we haven't ran into any Zeno clones.

We have, actually. We just don't see it as clearly.

Note: Story spoilers below.
[SPOILER-BOX]
If the current story arc up to Episode 1 Chapter 8 is to be believed, then Zeno became Persona after Elder kicked his ass. It would explain why his fate was listed as "Missing", rather than dead. Also, I believe Agra also datamined new profile icons of Zeno, meaning that both he and Echo will be getting revamps this arc.

Though if this episode is focusing on Zeno and Persona, we might see a Falz Randall or something. After all, Zeno went Hunter when Ranger would've been natural for him (due to his photons aligning with this class).[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 01:02 PM
don't we fight persona in like chapter 3 or something

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
Chapter 1, lol

CyberNei
Jul 20, 2013, 02:04 PM
Unless he traveled back in time, persona can not be Zeno, lol. Plus persona looks bit thinner for me than Zeno is. There are people, who thinks, he's actually female in disguise. w

1st chapter of Ep2 comes this wednesday, let's hope it will give us some clues.

Omega-z
Jul 20, 2013, 03:25 PM
Would be awesome if Dudu was Persona behind that mask. :) lol

Renvalt
Jul 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
Unless he traveled back in time, persona can not be Zeno, lol. Plus persona looks bit thinner for me than Zeno is. There are people, who thinks, he's actually female in disguise. w

1st chapter of Ep2 comes this wednesday, let's hope it will give us some clues.

Considering how much we do it in the entirety of Episode 1, I wouldn't put it past him. Besides, Apprentice refers to Persona as a "new face". This, coupled with the fact that Persona's affix is for Rangers, makes me think that he could very well be Zeno.

Also, Persona's outfit is a Darker-modded version of the Male Dewman outfit itself. In fact, one could argue that all of the outfits worn by the Falz Avatars (AKA the Falzes in their human forms) are in some degree, modded versions of actual in-game costumes.

And there's also the fact that Persona and Zeno use similar fighting styles. Elder or Apprentice could have given him the sword. The massive time gap between Elder flying out of Naberius and the cutscene post-Elder fight leaves so much unexplained. The fact that Casra is miraculously alive without any real explanation whatsoever also doesn't help matters much, either.

@gigawuts & Z-0: You encounter Persona for the first time in Chapter 1, but you don't fight him. He gets denied by Gettemfag, and leaves. However, he reappears in Chapter 3 during your errand for Rogio which has you finding the stem of Clarissa, which he had in Part A. It also whistles which distracts him, allowing Zeno a free shot at his face.

Which reminds me, for those curious, here:

[SPOILER-BOX]The Original Persona Fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ8FA64WbC0)

This was the first fight he appeared in. At the time, he was simply known as "Masked Man", but has since been updated to become "Persona".[/SPOILER-BOX]

Punisher106
Jul 20, 2013, 03:59 PM
That could be a possibility, but if you notice something, there's really only two lines Persona says, repeatedly. "Where is it?" and "<Player>... I'll kill you!"

IF this is truly believed to be Zeno, could it possibly be hidden jealousy that your character is much more competent than him, with everyone asking you instead of him? After all, he seems to force himself into your parties, and drags Echo along. :P

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 04:08 PM
Calling it now: persona is from the future

they might even be your character in the story

blace
Jul 20, 2013, 04:10 PM
I'm placing my bets on a time displaced Zeno turned Falz.

Gardios
Jul 20, 2013, 04:18 PM
Persona is Matoi's father.

boomboom
Jul 20, 2013, 07:26 PM

nooooo.......how..can.that...be.......father......

arent zeno and persona have same hair color?

Cyclon
Jul 20, 2013, 07:33 PM

Impossible, since 90% of us have tits in-game and he doesn't.

nooooo.......how..can.that...be.......father......

arent zeno and persona have same hair color?
Well no, but what we see on Persona could not be his hair, or their color could have changed because of darker infection. Actually forget that first one, darker infection is definitely the reason here.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 07:44 PM
Hmmm, good point. Maybe they'll reveal it with that generic woman-with-bandages-to-hide-her-boobs thing that animes love.

The Walrus
Jul 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
inb4personaisalternatefutureecho

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
Persona, the first reverse transgender antagonist. dun dun dunnnn!

Sirius-91
Jul 20, 2013, 07:52 PM
The fact that Casra is miraculously alive without any real explanation whatsoever also doesn't help matters much, either.

He tells you in a event dialog that Zeno used the fact that Falz merged with Gettemhult to make a distraction for Casra to escape, as Gettemhult doesn't like Zeno. All they managed to recover is his sword, in which echo uses in EP2's Story.

Dan Maku
Jul 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
Me and a friend theorize it's corruption from the D-Arkers.

Punisher106
Jul 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
He tells you in a event dialog that Zeno used the fact that Falz merged with Gettemhult to make a distraction for Casra to escape, as Gettemhult doesn't like Zeno. All they managed to recover is his sword, in which echo uses in EP2's Story.

inb4 Zeno is Ethan Waber. I fucking hate Ethan. After all, it's obvious that Gettemhart had a greater hatred for you, countless times more than towards Zeno.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 08:00 PM

I'm placing my bets on a time displaced Zeno turned Falz.

Obviously all of these are true at once, becausetimetravel. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees)

Hmmm, good point. Maybe they'll reveal it with that generic woman-with-bandages-to-hide-her-boobs thing that animes love.
That's a thing though... people actually do that... and not just for cosplaying. But I still think he's likely Zeno from the future... because time travel.

That could be a possibility, but if you notice something, there's really only two lines Persona says, repeatedly. "Where is it?" and "<Player>... I'll kill you!"

IF this is truly believed to be Zeno, could it possibly be hidden jealousy that your character is much more competent than him, with everyone asking you instead of him? After all, he seems to force himself into your parties, and drags Echo along. :PI actually get the feeling that Persona might be good and is just putting up airs to throw off suspicion, but that kind of thing would be giving sega too much credit.

After all, it's obvious that Gettemhart had a greater hatred for you, countless times more than towards Zeno.I didn't get that vibe at all. Like... he REALLY hates Zeno, enough that they almost started a fight on the ARKS ship, wheras his reaction to the player is always something like "You suck, go get stronger so I can beat you up.", and I got the idea that it's his response to ANYONE, not just the character specifically.

------------------------

Ok, on topic. I agree with the people suggesting that dumen are people infected by the darkers, but it'll be interesting to get more in-story info on that. Like, where have they been the whole time? How did they get back in contact with the ARKS etc.

blace
Jul 20, 2013, 08:11 PM
They were former citizens of the fleet that were taken into the Darkers Den, hence pieces of the fleet and victims of Darker attacks that couldn't make it to safety in time for the ARKS to show. Dark Falz Elders influence has turned the citizens of destroyed ships into what they are.

Just my take on it, but it seems likely considering the number of ships that get attacked as well as Dark Falz Elder destroying portions of the fleet.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 08:19 PM
They were former citizens of the fleet that were taken into the Darkers Den, hence pieces of the fleet and victims of Darker attacks that couldn't make it to safety in time for the ARKS to show. Dark Falz Elders influence has turned the citizens of destroyed ships into what they are.

Just my take on it, but it seems likely considering the number of ships that get attacked as well as Dark Falz Elder destroying portions of the fleet.

This makes a lot of sense, but brings up the question of how they managed to survive, let alone get back. Which is what I'm most interested in.

There's also the possibility of them being from the ship that went missing on the timeline, that would be pretty interesting as well.

blace
Jul 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
Because time travel.

Or they were recovered from possible ditress signals and whatnot. A lot of ships get destroyed on a regular basis, just from Darker attacks alone.

It could be that the citizens were infected when they were rescued and with no adverse effects, let back into society.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 08:44 PM
Because time travel.

Or they were recovered from possible ditress signals and whatnot. A lot of ships get destroyed on a regular basis, just from Darker attacks alone.

It could be that the citizens were infected when they were rescued and with no adverse effects, let back into society.

Hnnnng... The story isn't that great overall, but this has me wanting to catch up with my matter boards, cause I'm pretty sure it's gonna become relevant.

Jana
Jul 20, 2013, 08:45 PM
Wow, this topic is just full of story spoilers. ;-;

Will Dumans be expanded upon more after next week's story updates? I'm still catching up, but if they release EpII story stuff the way they did with the regular Beach quests and you can do them at the same time, it might be a bit confusing.

Eveningxtar
Jul 20, 2013, 08:51 PM
My take on dumans might be that they are citizen of the arks ship that have been infected by darker and was given treatment which make them into whatever they are now or just modified human to counter the darker infection in their body.

blace
Jul 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hnnnng... The story isn't that great overall, but this has me wanting to catch up with my matter boards, cause I'm pretty sure it's gonna become relevant.

The story in PSU wasn't so clear cut either, but it did show a man slowly being taken over by the SEED infection(Hyuga Ryght) and fights against it while running a corporation.

Doesn't explain the eye patches then and the heterochromia, horns and weird mechanical looking tattoos now.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 08:53 PM
Wow, this topic is just full of story spoilers. ;-;

Will Dumans be expanded upon more after next week's story updates? I'm still catching up, but if they release EpII story stuff the way they did with the regular Beach quests and you can do them at the same time, it might be a bit confusing.

It's mostly just wild speculation to be honest, there aren't THAT many spoilers. D:

And I think episode 2 is just going to start after you finish episode 1. That, or the stories won't be directly related. I've seen that latter done in Mabinogi and it was fine for a time, but then the stories started having weird contradictions if you played them out of order so I'm not sure I want PSO2 to go that route.

The story in PSU wasn't so clear cut either, but it did show a man slowly being taken over by the SEED infection(Hyuga Ryght) and fights against it while running a corporation.

Doesn't explain the eye patches then and the heterochromia, horns and weird mechanical looking tattoos now.
Ehh, the horns and eyes are like Newman ears for me. They don't really mean anything in and of themselves. I'll be interested to see where they go with this though. Even if it ends up being pretty lackluster I doubt they're just gonna go, "And then there were dumen, the end".

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2013, 09:07 PM
Are there any Dewmen citizens out yet? For all we know, Dewmens are infected Arkz that are to valuable to let go? Having extensive operations(tatoos, horns, and retina) to keep them from becoming an Eldritch abomination.

blace
Jul 20, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ehh, the horns and eyes are like Newman ears for me. They don't really mean anything in and of themselves. I'll be interested to see where they go with this though. Even if it ends up being pretty lackluster I doubt they're just gonna go, "And then there were dumen, the end".
The pale skin and the eyes are more akin to newman with their pointy ears rather than having horns being a game changer.

And seeing this is Sega and only just showing Dumen off after being in the data for so long, I can see that being more likely than anything.

strikerhunter
Jul 20, 2013, 09:33 PM
Are there any Dewmen citizens out yet? For all we know, Dewmens are infected Arkz that are to valuable to let go? Having extensive operations(tatoos, horns, and retina) to keep them from becoming an Eldritch abomination.

There is a dewmen NPC in the shopping area near Girad (COs for rare monsters).

I (like most others) think they are just infected humans that managed to not turn in darkers.

Otherwise, just wait for the MB update next maintenance.

Cyclon
Jul 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
There is a dewmen NPC in the shopping area near Girad (COs for rare monsters).
Yes, that's E... Eio? There's a scene in the field with her, where she seems to explain some stuff about her appearance. Am I the only one who got it?

Jana
Jul 20, 2013, 10:18 PM
It's mostly just wild speculation to be honest, there aren't THAT many spoilers. D:

And I think episode 2 is just going to start after you finish episode 1. That, or the stories won't be directly related. I've seen that latter done in Mabinogi and it was fine for a time, but then the stories started having weird contradictions if you played them out of order so I'm not sure I want PSO2 to go that route.

I'm still running around in Amaduscia with Aki; I wouldn't have known anything about this Zeno/Gettemhart/Dakr Falz business. Bad enough that I keep running into Kuna/Quna in the Border Break MPA.

I also played Mabinogi for a long time too, which is why I mentioned it. I do like to try and do things in order so I can get the story info as it was originally meant to be presented.

Punisher106
Jul 20, 2013, 11:08 PM
I honestly hope that this is based off of experimentation. There was word about a corrupt part of the corporation where humans were experimented on, thus causing the chrome dragon to be a thing. And he eats darkers. Could this be another branch?

oratank
Jul 20, 2013, 11:28 PM
same place as where the chrome come out
arsk lab and we had change something of history that made arsk dewman project become successful

Kinujou
Jul 20, 2013, 11:31 PM
Considering how much we do it in the entirety of Episode 1, I wouldn't put it past him. Besides, Apprentice refers to Persona as a "new face". This, coupled with the fact that Persona's affix is for Rangers, makes me think that he could very well be Zeno.

Also, Persona's outfit is a Darker-modded version of the Male Dewman outfit itself. In fact, one could argue that all of the outfits worn by the Falz Avatars (AKA the Falzes in their human forms) are in some degree, modded versions of actual in-game costumes.

And there's also the fact that Persona and Zeno use similar fighting styles. Elder or Apprentice could have given him the sword. The massive time gap between Elder flying out of Naberius and the cutscene post-Elder fight leaves so much unexplained. The fact that Casra is miraculously alive without any real explanation whatsoever also doesn't help matters much, either.

@gigawuts & Z-0: You encounter Persona for the first time in Chapter 1, but you don't fight him. He gets denied by Gettemfag, and leaves. However, he reappears in Chapter 3 during your errand for Rogio which has you finding the stem of Clarissa, which he had in Part A. It also whistles which distracts him, allowing Zeno a free shot at his face.

Which reminds me, for those curious, here:

[SPOILER-BOX]The Original Persona Fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ8FA64WbC0)

This was the first fight he appeared in. At the time, he was simply known as "Masked Man", but has since been updated to become "Persona".[/SPOILER-BOX]

While that is true, didn't elder himself not know who persona is until he was introduced? If Zeno fell in chapter 8 and became Persona, wouldn't elder know who he was before then?

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 11:40 PM
I honestly hope that this is based off of experimentation. There was word about a corrupt part of the corporation where humans were experimented on, thus causing the chrome dragon to be a thing. And he eats darkers. Could this be another branch?

This... actually could prove to be pretty interesting. There's also an event tablet where Afin wonders why new arks can change classes but older arks can't, and jokes that maybe we were being experimented on in our sleep or something... Many a true word is spoken in jest as they say.

On the other hand, that's a pretty big reveal and I think that if people were experimented on enough for them to grow horns and stuff they'd notice, though the Dumen having something to do with it (being the inspiration perhaps) would still be interesting. Still the experiment stuff could go in all kinds of directions... like the photoner crap... whatever that's about.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 20, 2013, 11:59 PM
They're ex-pirates

boomboom
Jul 21, 2013, 09:05 AM
now i really want to defeat, conquer, and make persona my personal slave...

Persona, the first reverse transgender antagonist. dun dun dunnnn!
exciting lol, but its not reverse transgender, its simply transgender, and its not even transgender, its crossdress........
please make me believe she not transgendering, but just simply crossdressing, else it will put huge stress on my psychology......please......

edit: sorry im OOT, please delete this if distrubing 'x.x

Renvalt
Jul 21, 2013, 07:42 PM

There is one girl amongst the ARKS who is a Dewman. Her name is Io.

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/7154/6mp1.jpg

She's essentially the reverse of Afin (from what I can gather thus far); very serious, cordial, yet has an attitude all the same. Also, she calls you senpai.

inb4 IoXAfin shippers come to play

While that is true, didn't elder himself not know who persona is until he was introduced? If Zeno fell in chapter 8 and became Persona, wouldn't elder know who he was before then?

The problem with your theory is that Persona's face was masked. Obviously Elder wasn't responsible for Zeno's Falzification, as he was too busy chasing after the coward Casra (and if his vessel is any indication, he had unfinished business with us).

Also, someone said that Zeno's sword was retrieved and is now under use by Echo? That actually might explain why Persona has that tainted Coat Edge - if he lost his old sword, Apprentice might've given him a new one.

And also, Echo can't be Apprentice. Nor can she be Persona. To be the prior, Afin would've had to have recognized her in the prologue and onwards. He didn't.

To be the former, Persona'd have to have a rack. And Persona's hairstyle is also obtainable by males, FYI. It's called the "オールバック" or All-Back. Look it up on Cirnopedia.

yoshiblue
Jul 22, 2013, 12:42 PM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I have yet to run into her.

untrustful
Jul 22, 2013, 01:29 PM
Doesn't that episode 2 tidbit from patty and selma pretty much confirm that there's no relation time-wise from pso2 to pso1?

TenebriS
Jul 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
Doesn't that episode 2 tidbit from patty and selma pretty much confirm that there's no relation time-wise from pso2 to pso1?

Didn't Sakai say that before some times?

blace
Jul 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious at this point that PSO2 has no tie in with PSO.

Shear
Jul 22, 2013, 01:54 PM
Maybe I overread it if it has been mentioned but I noticed while making a new Character in the Intromovie where it showed the silhouette of the four Races the Dew(Du?)man's had something inside him that looked like a growth and a little like those Darker Bulbs.
Just something I noticed ... I mean that they have something to do with Darkers is rather Obvious :p

As for my take on where they come from I decided to feed my epileptic Tree a Little.
They might be something developed by that Institute that was mentioned by Patty & Co, that someone would experiment with darker Infection is pretty much a given and since they are the local notilluminati I blame them for now :p especially since we don't really know on whose side they are.

o0Kais0o
Jul 22, 2013, 01:57 PM
I'll just leave this here from Episode 2's new story mode:

[SPOILER-BOX]Patty: Hello, Patty here! I have an urgent announcement!
Void Facilities!
That's the division of that laboratory that everyone was talking about!
As of now, Patty has made this information clear!

Patty: But it seems that wasn't the only thing that has come out of Void Facilities.
It seems that everytime a shift happens within Arks, Void Facilities is doing something in the shadows.

Tea: Shadow overloards, there's something like that going on inside of Arks?

Patty: Of course, it seems that they make lots of things that are beneficial to Arks as well though.
Newmans, Casts, and even Mags it seems are all products of Void Facilities' research.
With a name like Void Facilities, it seems like it's some kind of diversion!

Tea: It's wrong to judge soemthing just by its name, but for once I'm with Patty on this one.
Suddenly with new bit of information, the game seems to get a lot more suspicious!
Everything we've hit up to now has been nothing but dust.

Patty: Mumumu, my attenna for suspision is going off! Tia, I'm off to investigate more!

Tea: Hey, Patty wait! Excuse me, I need to catch up.[/SPOILER-BOX]

*walks away innocently, whistling*

(Credit to Kion for the translation, he's back and on FIRE!)

Well then, yay for evil shadowy science stuffs. :D

BluexRose
Sep 10, 2013, 11:55 AM
may this mystery come to light ! i made a duwman and they are cool but i dont think id continue with her if she was "demonic" and not just a infefted human... do they have any special activations or does the mag still handle all that

SakuRei
Sep 10, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hmm I hate to admit this... but I LOVE SPOILERS!~ \(@p@\)

Soooo yeah I'm kinda having doubts about this Zeno X Persona thing (Oh my~ Zeno X Persona~ If you know what I mean) I'll just put it on a spoiler box since it's kinda long xD
[SPOILER-BOX]So basing of what I've heard from the other guys, Zeno is Persona due to the fighting style (though I might say it's just program based on an AI or some sort unless Zeno has a secret PA/Skill that any hunters wouldn't have then Persona uses that PA/Skill as well, theeeeen!!~), some say Zeno is NOT Persona due to the fact that other people say Persona is a girl (Due to the boobs issue and the bandage thing that Persona disguised him/herself as a guy? I'm confused on this side), some say they have the same hairstyle (AFAI-see between them Zeno is a Spiky haired dude and Persona's hair is more like wig-looking or Armin from SnK kind of hair, the hair color of course is not the same due to the Darker Infection as people say, some say Persona is a time travel-led Zeno ( *raises hand* since I don't have much background if Phantasy Star has time travel capabilities in the whole story so I dunno, I still have my assumptions bout this.) I think it's quite impossible for me, since I believe you can't mess with the thread of time & space or the "you can't make direct contact/clash with your past self or your past self will be disintegrate/deleted and it will never exist in the present and future, BUUUUT there are certain theories where you can see and touch your other self (wow this sounds disturbing xD *cough*selfcest*cough*) which an anime I know matched the other theory (naming Mirai Nikki here, 1st and 2nd world Yuno as an example), next one is about the "character name" I will kill you! that Persona says, well... I dunno? I think it's part of the game where the villain knows who you are since most people you party with in the story says your name (naming Echo and Zeno for example) loudly or while the enemy is sitting there listening at your conversations with your party member characters in the story mode so of course by that Persona or other villains already knows your name. About the where is it? that Persona says, maybe he/she/it is searching for something, if Persona looks for the character (You, the player) Persona should have said "Where is he/she?" if he is Zeno by chance.

Though I still have mysteries by myself wondering about Zeno, that is when you had a certain conversation with him in the scene where you are in a some sort of battle stance then Zeno comes in and fascinated about your battle style then he said that "your battle style is like similar to my master's".

I... dunno... maybe at my own theory maybe Persona is Zeno and Echo's master of some sort? (well I'm not sure about this since I just started a little on Matterboard/Story Quests, but I'd still like to hear other people's spoilers though xD)[/SPOILER-BOX]

And about the Deumans...
[SPOILER-BOX]again *raises my hand* I haven't played PSPi yet so I have no backgrounds on Deumans soooo some say Deumans are Humans infected by the SEED {dunno what this is sorry bout that, no background with this as well) and I think SEED and the Darkers are same as of what I've seen by people here said it, and Darker Infected people (naming Gettemhult which turned into Falz Hunar/Elder, and the Darker lady which people say that it's Afin's missing sister, etc. etc.)} So as for me I think Deumans are 100%/stabled Darker Humans compared to the Darker Infected Humans (ones with the violet hair similar to Persona, Gettemhult and rumored Afin's missing sister/Darker Lady) and again, I'm not saying that this is true though, but I'd still like to know what other people think about Deumans, I wanna know more about it (@w@)[/SPOILER-BOX]

From overall on this topic... I'd say...
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVDRR6U3hg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVDRR6U3hg[/SPOILER-BOX]

blace
Sep 10, 2013, 01:07 PM
The Dewmans/Deumans in Infinity were mutated by SEED from the PSU series.

Speculation so far in PSO2 is that they're human experiments with minor changes.

Unlike their PSP2i counterparts, Dewmans/Deumans in PSO2 can't do things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBaHKduUSo

TenebriS
Sep 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the story of PSP2:i Dumans was explained by Nagisa to be an experiment by the illuminus.

Doesn't she claim to be the first Duman and also be "born" a Duman? I think she mentioned it in the story towards the end sometime and also explaining she was being experimented with. I wouldn't doubt that the illuminus auf PSU made a virus that alters humans into mutation. Sounds like a kind of sick way of uplifting your own race with the "power" of an ancient darkness. Since Howzer always had this strange fascination with the SEED it seems possible.
At least I don't think in PSU it was a natural mutation since it really only happened to humans.

That being said I guess PSO2 would have a similar story like this one instead of it just happened. At least that would make the story and race much more interesting.

Also we don't really know the origin of the other races either, are newmans made by humans or born that way, who made the first CAST or were they some robots they met on their traveling? Technically we do not know much about any of the races so I would be curious about all of their origins someday. o.o

Sirius-91
Sep 10, 2013, 04:02 PM
From what the jp wikis say, Deumans are the result of directly transplanting photons into a human. The different colored eye is an implant of the photon activity, with the horns being part of the mutation. This differs from newmans who were humans genetically altered through evolution to adapt to the photons.

CASTS were built in a facility that the chrome dragon was housed in. Patty and Tia say a bit of that before the start of ch9

Link1275
Sep 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
Darker-Human, Dhuman. I think that about sums up the explanation of what they are. Where they come from, basically a human that's been infected with Darker photons(SEED in the PSU games). It's not that hard to figure out, and the proper English spelling is in the video you see when make a character(it's in very strange characters, but they are legible if you can read the style).

PokeminMaster
Sep 10, 2013, 05:11 PM
Well, it reads "Deuman" in the Prologue cutscene, but at the same time, it spells Newman as "Numan", so we can't say for certain whether that will be the official English name...
That is, if we ever get an English game XD
But more on-topic, the Deuman race is probably my favorite, for the soul factors that they are 1) mutations and 2) They have a direct connection to a dark force... I guess that's how I can word it...?

strikerhunter
Sep 10, 2013, 05:16 PM
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the story of PSP2:i Dumans was explained by Nagisa to be an experiment by the illuminus.

Doesn't she claim to be the first Duman and also be "born" a Duman? I think she mentioned it in the story towards the end sometime and also explaining she was being experimented with. I wouldn't doubt that the illuminus auf PSU made a virus that alters humans into mutation. Sounds like a kind of sick way of uplifting your own race with the "power" of an ancient darkness. Since Howzer always had this strange fascination with the SEED it seems possible.
At least I don't think in PSU it was a natural mutation since it really only happened to humans.

That being said I guess PSO2 would have a similar story like this one instead of it just happened. At least that would make the story and race much more interesting.

Also we don't really know the origin of the other races either, are newmans made by humans or born that way, who made the first CAST or were they some robots they met on their traveling? Technically we do not know much about any of the races so I would be curious about all of their origins someday. o.o

If I remember correctly:

For PSU:
All races's origins are from human:
Newman being a evolution, beasts being an experiment, and casts only after they revolted after they begin to have thoughts of their own.

For PSO2:
No fking clue on any of the race but Deumans since it had been explained that they were originally humans but had mutated. But whether through infection or experiment I don't know but I'm hearing that most favor experiments since that kinda explains corruption of the ARKs aka the fall of the ARKs thingy Sega hinted out few months ago.

TenebriS
Sep 10, 2013, 05:36 PM
If I remember correctly:

For PSU:
All races's origins are from human:
Newman being a evolution, beasts being an experiment, and casts only after they revolted after they begin to have thoughts of their own.

For PSO2:
No fking clue on any of the race but Deumans since it had been explained that they were originally humans but had mutated. But whether through infection or experiment I don't know but I'm hearing that most favor experiments since that kinda explains corruption of the ARKs aka the fall of the ARKs thingy Sega hinted out few months ago.

Yeah, in PSU they took the time to explain and describe every race and in PSO2 the races just are there. o.o

strikerhunter
Sep 10, 2013, 05:48 PM
So: (I THINK, AND THIS IS WHAT I'M INFERRING FROM THE STORY SO FAR)

[SPOILER-BOX]Dumans were not part of the original storyline - However, when you started mucking about in the timeline, they were developed by void facilities in a later timeline. (because of you?)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Did anyone else besides me had the most wrongest thoughts in the world reading this?

Yeah, in PSU they took the time to explain and describe every race and in PSO2 the races just are there. o.o

LOL yea true. All we know that they are the races of the ARKs Fleet (or ORACLE Fleet if I'm wrong on the name) and the origins aren't told..........yet.
Maybe if it weren't for said someone to do something for some reason to do somethings to have some stuffs that something else happened instead.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
Would be awesome if Dudu was Persona behind that mask. :) lol

If that was true he would be raping all of us with a 50 hit charge Vulcan instead of that piece of crap sword.

strikerhunter
Sep 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
If that was true he would be raping all of us with a 50 hit charge Vulcan instead of that piece of crap sword.

Nah, bet the damage number be from 1-infinity because of his RNG.

Dudu: One-shot kills everyone.
Us: How hard did he hit?
Someone else: OVER 9000!!!!!

SakuRei
Sep 10, 2013, 08:12 PM
but now this part:

[SPOILER-BOX]
???: "Can you hear me Xion? I think I have it pinned down."
???: "It seems there is a lot of movement. I didn't expect the appearance of a new type, the Dumans though."
???: "I suppose it's the result of intervening with history."[/SPOILER-BOX]

So: (I THINK, AND THIS IS WHAT I'M INFERRING FROM THE STORY SO FAR)

[SPOILER-BOX]Dumans were not part of the original storyline - However, when you started mucking about in the timeline, they were developed by void facilities in a later timeline. (because of you?)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hmm... So "you" (the player itself) is the one causing for the Deumans to exist eh... So does it mean the character (which is you) doesn't exist in the PSO2 Timeline itself? or is it because of the Matterboard thing that Xion gave you on the first start because of that? and the Matterboard itself has the power to change the fate of the story/happenings in the PSO2 world or create voids or such?

(Hmm... Does the Phantasy Star series have Time Travelling capabilities? or is it just PSO2 has this kind of storyline?)

Myriarch
Sep 10, 2013, 08:58 PM
I believe that dewmans and dumans are humans an newmans that were infected by a darker virus, but had a stronger resistance where they still have their mentality but the virus still altered their appearance.

[SPOILER-BOX]I'm not sure how the thread turned into a who is persona thread but I think someone should make a who is persona thread too[/SPOILER-BOX] ^^;

BluexRose
Sep 10, 2013, 09:31 PM
Hmm... So "you" (the player itself) is the one causing for the Deumans to exist eh... So does it mean the character (which is you) doesn't exist in the PSO2 Timeline itself? or is it because of the Matterboard thing that Xion gave you on the first start because of that? and the Matterboard itself has the power to change the fate of the story/happenings in the PSO2 world or create voids or such?

(Hmm... Does the Phantasy Star series have Time Travelling capabilities? or is it just PSO2 has this kind of storyline?)

im beginning to believe the phantasy star series does do a bit of time travel in some sense because i lookdd into dark falz's history and its exsistance is based on time travel and demmensional travel and allt that .

dont quote me onthat tbo

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 10:20 PM

Oh gawd. Is it me, or is PSO2 pulling the "Zelda Timeline-Card". DX

Faylen
Sep 10, 2013, 10:25 PM
Deuman are natural Mutation/Evolution of Human tampering with Photons

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 01:33 AM
Nagisa and her ability was the result of an experiment. All the other dewmen were born of the reaction between the SEED virus and the vaccine for it.