PDA

View Full Version : Flying white rainbow glowy thing?

willooooo
Jul 20, 2013, 01:34 PM
I don't know how else to describe it, but I encountered this floating white rainbow glowy thing while i was fighting caterdra'n. I dont think i was able to attack it but it disappeared after a short while.

Didnt snag a screenshot, was kinda bewildered at the time.

So what did I run into?

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2013, 01:38 PM
Like it's an event that you can "observe" with your Use button? Flying off in the distance?

Quartz dragon. If not then I'm not sure.

willooooo
Jul 20, 2013, 01:41 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3%E3%83%96 %E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%2F%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D%A3&src=%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%B9.jpg

I think it mightve been this. but my mag is only level 7 so that doesn't make any sense.

Emp
Jul 20, 2013, 01:43 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3%E3%83%96 %E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%2F%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D%A3&src=%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%B9.jpg

I think it mightve been this. but my mag is only level 7 so that doesn't make any sense.

Someone else's Photon blast from their mag.

willooooo
Jul 20, 2013, 01:44 PM
It was only me and some npcs.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 20, 2013, 01:50 PM
NPC's also use photonblasts, not as often because they always die fast so don't build it up fast but they use it.

willooooo
Jul 20, 2013, 02:00 PM
Hm, alright thanks for the info ^^

boomboom
Jul 20, 2013, 07:45 PM
how fun could it be if sega purposedly put in some joke like its some kind of ghostly bug
-woman-in-dress-like-light flying randomly like fish in ruins area
-sudden low-pitched-screech right before you exit the area in tunnels area
-unclear figure near the boss when you died in the final area
-no enemies, no boss, no e-code when u solo(no players and npc) in city area
-the boss in final area not attacking you, instead its attacking random space like its fighting something only they can see
-a single trash mob running past you ignoring ur attack and aggro like its being chased by something horrifying

Laga
Jul 20, 2013, 08:29 PM
lol, that no enemies thing happens to me sometimes in the city. run around for half a map not seeing anyone or anything that can attack or be attacked... cept cars. then they start popping out in swarms.

Also, is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with going back and forth to missions getting stuck at that weird space hole pipe loading screen. cause it keeps happening after (for some god awful reason) I get swarmed in either the Coast with those weird purple wolf fishes - they like to swarm in 20 deep and do the same move over and over. or in Ruins where hundreds of Dagash like to sprout out of nowhere chomping in droves eliminating my chance to even Shift-dodge.

Metalsnake27
Jul 20, 2013, 09:06 PM
Giant white floating rainbow thing with NPCS.

Yeah it was their Photon Blast. Zeno and Echo love to use theirs.

strikerhunter
Jul 20, 2013, 09:11 PM
how fun could it be if sega purposedly put in some joke like its some kind of ghostly bug

Very fun, Sega should do Easter Eggs for PS@2. Not many MMOs have Easter eggs, I can only think of 1 strait out from my head though.

Creepy as hell, make it at night-time to make things more creepy.

Dam them Lilipians!

Bugged shadow of yourself I say.

The no enemy in MPA is a known bug in both solo and grouped. I remember telling a friend of mines "WTF are you hitting?" only to start seeing numbers flying around after a 20sec lag.

Codes, explainable. Bosses-bug, falz arms denying death anyone?

-the boss in final area not attacking you, instead its attacking random space like its fighting something only they can see

1. Bug
or
2. A GU or TDs user is aerial tanking and keeping the boss turned away from the group.

-a single trash mob running past you ignoring ur attack and aggro like its being chased by something horrifying

Awkwardly, this is very common when using sneak shooter :D.

On the topic of the OP:
1. NPC or other players' photon blast.
2. special weather effect. There is a rainbow weather effect in the city and rainbow fog (awkward) in sanctum.
3? Bug.

boomboom
Jul 21, 2013, 09:27 AM

actually, i experienced this one, i turn back and explore around to see if its a sign for boss e-code, or maybe its just my head trying to pick a fight with me.....
edit: not screech tough, more like giggling or something like light laughter

Codes, explainable. Bosses-bug, falz arms denying death anyone?

got this twice, i thought that was because im in their multy party lol

about topic, when u set Partner Character(PC) to keep PB for chain, does it follow another player chain when they trigger it? i remember my PC PB-ing without waiting my trigger after player in another party trigger PB
also seems like tech class PC charge PB more faster than other class PC

-running a mission, suddenly ur screen goes pitch black except ur interface window, then the screen back, and u suddenly in another coordinat in the area
-additionally, if u using gamepad, it generate vibration (if possible like crazy)
-a blurry, slightly transparent, and less saturated version of ur character killing the boss in the final area right after u teleport in

Laga
Jul 21, 2013, 09:41 AM
sometimes if you don't reset the character action for the PB it will turn back to free use. at least that's what used to happen. keep it on chain and it should only go when you use it.

Jazneo
Jul 21, 2013, 01:20 PM
It your mag summon

riku2replica
Jul 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
Nice urban legends in PSO2. Now Spread it.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 22, 2013, 04:18 PM
You can turn off NPC mag skills since they contribute nothing but lag.