PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 slowdown on the beach????

Alisha
Jul 21, 2013, 05:21 AM
i feel like this shouldnt be happening with my pc but if theres 2 of those big shark dudes or a bunch of those big flower lizards my game will momentairly freeze then go back to normal. anyone else? is this the engine's fault?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 21, 2013, 05:32 AM
nope, i get more slowdown in sanctum+^_^+ i don't know what kinda system or apps you have so i can't really recommend any possible fixes except to remind you to do weekly maints (cache clearing (disk cleanup), AV scan, disk defrag) +^_^+

Syklo
Jul 21, 2013, 06:02 AM
I always get a short lag spike whenever a PB is activated....not sure if relevant.

Husq
Jul 21, 2013, 06:11 AM
Does it happen only if you are in a party or MPA? If that is the case, it might be a sync issue between the players, to put it simple someone is causing lag.

Renvalt
Jul 21, 2013, 06:17 AM
There's also a prob with the Lilipan Gilnapping E-Code (AKA Distress Signal's Code Rescue in Lilipa Tunnels): the Lilipans won't spawn, which allows me to easily clear the code because I don't have to worry about them dying.

I've also been sucked into an immovable void during a Funji Kidnapping - couldn't move, my chat wouldn't reach others, and apparently only way I could get out was by logging out.

jooozek
Jul 21, 2013, 06:42 AM
i don't know about slowdowns but what i know is that the aircrafts and beizes from code:rescue aren't rendered at all

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2013, 07:37 AM
I read this thread as "Showdown on the Beach" at first.

Nope, haven't had any slowdown in the game at all. Except once, during a Sky AQ, when my CPU usage decided to fly up to 100% for no reason. I'm guessing that was probably GameGuard's fault, since everything else is.

UnLucky
Jul 21, 2013, 08:04 AM
A nice slow walk on the beach, how lovely!

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2013, 08:08 AM
Try doing a file check, and maybe a defrag. Weird problems tend to be the result of stuff like that.

Gama
Jul 21, 2013, 08:11 AM
sometimes i cant see zan being cast, and arrows, and some sp effects.

but its probbly my card being overloaded on a mpa.

Alisha
Jul 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
i feel like this shouldnt be happening though unless it's the games fault my pc is less than year old i'll try defragging when i go to sleep.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2013, 09:51 PM
Make sure to do the filecheck too, third button on the JP launcher (ファイルチェック or something)

Meji
Jul 22, 2013, 03:41 AM
I read this thread as "Showdown on the Beach" at first.Same here. Was hoping for a some kind of event. orz

I have experienced the game slowing down in the beach area when certain enemies show up. Though I didn't experience it anymore after the emergency maintenance we had that.

Shifumi
Jul 22, 2013, 03:54 PM
I sometime had random screenlag everywhere, nothing annoying for my pc, but since episode 2 i've got way too much of them, dunno why.

Jim
Jul 22, 2013, 04:23 PM
i feel like this shouldnt be happening though unless it's the games fault my pc is less than year old i'll try defragging when i go to sleep.

Even if your PC is less than a year old, it may not necessarily have good graphics built in since advanced graphics hardware is used almost exclusively for games. A lot of new computers will have some problems with PSO2 since they're not designed for gaming.

Good graphics hardward isn't always expensive either, especially since PSO2's not super hard to run. I actually build computers, and I could recommend a graphics card if you (or anyone else) are having trouble with slowdown.

If you want advice on graphics hardware, just follow these steps:

Type "Device Manager" into the start menu and open it
Once in Device Manager, find the dropdown labeled "Display Adapters"
Copy the name of everything you see there (shouldn't be more than one or two things) and post them here.

Aeris
Jul 23, 2013, 04:49 AM
Alisha has a Geforce GTX 660 so i don't think thats the issue there, i am running on Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz along with a Geforce GTX 260M and i have yet to experience any slowdown on the beach as of yet.

Jim
Jul 23, 2013, 05:01 AM
Oh, yeah, a 660 should be able to handle anything PSO2 can dish out.

I've had several friends who wonder why they have to turn the graphics down on their "new" computers, so I keep having to explain that they need something better than AMD on-board graphics. haha

SakuRei
Jul 23, 2013, 06:26 AM
A nice slow walk on the beach, how lovely!

Hahahah more like:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zkugyGWBiw[/SPOILER-BOX]

:-P