PDA

View Full Version : Namegid is underpowered.

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhPs0xa5Q8

Just thought I'd let you know.

Seriously, it takes like 20 seconds to charge, costs an entire 60 PP. It's very easy to accidentally activate it again and misfire and end up losing 60 PP for nothing.

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone should watch that video and stop trying to sell it at absurd prices.

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 05:09 PM
What do you mean? I got mines free almost.

Figures, probably because it's so useless.

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 05:10 PM
What do you mean? I got mines free almost.

Figures, probably because it's so useless.
Actually, I have zero idea of its cost.

Z-0
Jul 21, 2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I bought mine for 1.5million and immediately regretted it. :/ The power it outputs is similar to the power in the video.

my only question is if you're actually serious

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2013, 05:22 PM
I, for one, welcome our new shell flower overlords.

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 05:23 PM
I saw it at like 3m in shop.

Glad I got mines for free during the last Amduscia EQ.

I hope someday to be able to solo the shell flowers, I heard the drop a new 13 star set up weapons.

Edit: Flaws aside, I seriously love this spell.

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2013, 05:24 PM
petition for na megid buff

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 05:26 PM
The real question would be wether or not you really think he could be stupid enough to be serious here, because that'd be really rude and offensive of you.

... even though me considering that you being that rude and offensive is a possibility is pretty rude and offensive in and of itself I guess...

... oh god what have I done
I'm the asshole now

Punisher106
Jul 21, 2013, 05:28 PM
I lol'd. Pretty hard.

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2013, 05:33 PM
I lol'd. Pretty hard.
Pretty damn funny.

I should do this with Assault Buster and some wulfs... ;)

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 05:35 PM
The real question would be wether or not you really think he could be stupid enough to be serious here, because that'd be really rude and offensive of you.

... even though me considering that you being that rude and offensive is a possibility is pretty rude and offensive in and of itself I guess...

... oh god what have I done
I'm the asshole now

I don't see how he was being rude at all anyway. All he was asking if I was srs.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2013, 05:35 PM
I break these with snatch step <<;;;

So yeah namegid needs a buff

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2013, 05:37 PM
wow this is bs

and it costs 1.5m?

man really goes to show how far the market manipulators are willing to go to get more meseta

sega needs to address these op fire flowers loving price gougers

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
I don't see how he was being rude at all anyway. All he was asking if I was srs.
Don't belittle the importance of such an offense! As a legitimate human being-you're one right?-you have the right to be considered intelligent until it's proven that you're an utter idiot!

Don't worry, I'll handle this. You stay behind me.

PSchiZ
Jul 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
Holy Wow! And I thought NaMegid was OP! Uuugh! I'm kinda sad now. Screw Haze Draal. And here i thought it did 20k......

Buff plz.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2013, 06:19 PM
I break these with snatch step <<;;;

So yeah namegid needs a buff

Yeah, you can even kill them with daggers!

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 06:45 PM
Don't belittle the importance of such an offense! As a legitimate human being-you're one right?-you have the right to be considered intelligent until it's proven that you're an utter idiot!

Don't worry, I'll handle this. You stay behind me.

Au contrare, people who are overly sensitive does annoy me so please stop.

Grady219
Jul 21, 2013, 06:50 PM
Pretty damn funny.

I should do this with Assault Buster and some wulfs... ;)

Are you okay?

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 06:58 PM
Au contrare, people who are overly sensitive does annoy me so please stop.
The tables have turned indeed:o

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2013, 07:05 PM
Are you okay?
That... might be one of the most non-sequitur replies I have ever seen on this forum. :-?

Grady219
Jul 21, 2013, 07:15 PM
Pretty damn funny.

I should do this with Assault Buster and some wulfs...

Terry Bogard is ashamed.

Omega-z
Jul 21, 2013, 07:49 PM
Aren't those flower's just a moving box trap. So the OP'ness of Na-Megid is for monster's only, not that big of a deal really if it can't pop a box trap.

Kondibon
Jul 21, 2013, 08:23 PM
Aren't those flower's just a moving box trap. So the OP'ness of Na-Megid is for monster's only, not that big of a deal really if it can't pop a box trap.

*the joke*

*your head*

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2013, 08:31 PM
Pretty damn funny.

I should do this with Assault Buster and some wulfs...

Terry Bogard is ashamed.
Mate, that's way too obscure for me. :-P But I see it now...

I may as well leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze-xQoEfOU

Gardios
Jul 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
^I like this video.

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha buster wulff will now be one of my new autowords.

Yutaka20
Jul 21, 2013, 10:08 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. Everyone should watch that video and stop trying to sell it at absurd prices.

lol u should see wat "adsurd" sellers are doing with wooden katana (10 * katana)
who would freaking waste so much to get a 10* which u can farm lol

Chdata
Jul 21, 2013, 10:37 PM
When it comes to marketing, WAIT.

Patience is how you really merch ;p

Or at least in this case, get the prices you want which is sort of the opposite.

UnLucky
Jul 21, 2013, 10:51 PM
Nazonde would do like ten times that much damage for only 35 PP

What a joke.

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 10:51 PM
lol u should see wat "adsurd" sellers are doing with wooden katana (10 * katana)
Sheesh, did I really write adsurd?
I'm pretty sure I didn't write adsurd...
Well I really didn't write adsurd!

Well then I... I don't get the joooooke(T_T)

Also they can do whatever they want since there's no tax in this game. Plus the definitive selling price that most people will go by may be higher than normal as a result. Or not.

/

Yutaka20
Jul 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
Sheesh, did I really write adsurd?
I'm pretty sure I didn't write adsurd...
Well I really didn't write adsurd!

Well then I... I don't get the joooooke(T_T)

Also they can do whatever they want since there's no tax in this game. Plus the definitive selling price that most people will go by may be higher than normal as a result. Or not.

/

lol my bad ,it was not a joke x.x
it was a typo on my side ><
i meant "absurb" sellers selling the wooden bows at insanely high price ><
and srsly... 150mil for a bow D:
i dont think it would be called a over-pricing profit,it's more like "price for the dumb buyers" XD

sorry about the misinterpretation D:
i dont do sarcasm on ppl ><

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2013, 11:19 PM
i dont do sarcasm on ppl ><
Yeah, actually, this thread is a pretty good example of why it's probably better not to in general.

holmwood
Jul 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Well, it should be the equivalent to 17-18 zonde casts in the time period of 5 seconds. But I see the actual damage to be closer to 10 zonde casts.

It's still better than zonde in terms of DPS.

Testing it out on that flower is obviously a troll move.

Blundy
Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
thanks for the video, i've been wondering exactly how that spell works.

Chdata
Jul 22, 2013, 12:28 AM
As for how the aiming works when you're in semi-first person mode, you need to keep your crosshair on the target you want the spell to start for about a second before it'll actually start activating on that spot.

If you move the crosshair off quickly, it won't start activating.

The spell also works without a direct line of sight.

Anyone think poison ignition is worth playing around with this?

Rien
Jul 22, 2013, 12:59 AM

So the all class Agito is farmable? Really? You see that many Bal Brundaals?

Also it's a severely rusted katana, not a wooden one lol.

Blundy
Jul 22, 2013, 02:26 AM
As for how the aiming works when you're in semi-first person mode, you need to keep your crosshair on the target you want the spell to start for about a second before it'll actually start activating on that spot.

ah interesting, once you've successfully left it on for the second or so will it start building there no matter where you aim or will you have to keep them in the center of the crosshairs the full time?

Chdata
Jul 22, 2013, 02:41 AM
You can stop looking at whatever you started it on once its going. No need for a direct line of sight in third person mode as long as you're locked on, and only need direct line of site to instigate the ability on whatever spot you want.

Yutaka20
Jul 22, 2013, 03:40 AM
So the all class Agito is farmable? Really? You see that many Bal Brundaals?

Also it's a severely rusted katana, not a wooden one lol.

lol wats with ur offensively-toned reply.
unless u are one of the sellers,aka offended by the risk that price will drop lol.
which it will anyway lol
i didnt say it's easily farmed -.-"
but yea the hell would an idiot pay 150mil for a 10* katana.
(yes except a rich dumb guy lol)

and called the sword wooden becos i did not read the details of the sword + someone kept calling it wooden -.-"

AgemFrostMage
Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I bought mine for 1.5million and immediately regretted it. :/ The power it outputs is similar to the power in the video.

On my ship it is 8 million at the least. Got mine "free" when I defeated a Haze Draal on what looks like Ryucross. Can get there from a random ???? teleporter.

Namegid could get nerfed soon so I do the Naberius very hard client orders done before it happens. King Yede has dark resistance even gorongo takes the hit better. Gorongo strategy still same: nazan or sazan, then hit with safoie but bosses take the namegid. Works on big cats too but must be careful and watch the back.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 22, 2013, 10:09 AM

For aiming I use the mouse and move with the controller and hit LT at the right moment. Usually works and same for machine guns: mouse since you don't move while sitting. I like that it can charge and walk away, otherwise you cannot use on banther =(

Chdata
Jul 22, 2013, 10:11 AM
I've fought banther with namegid and randomly aim via manual mouse or third person auto-aim and it's usually easier to stick it on him with auto-aim.

Punisher106
Jul 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
On my ship it is 8 million at the least. Got mine "free" when I defeated a Haze Draal on what looks like Ryucross. Can get there from a random ???? teleporter.

That's called a parallel world. You lucky son of a bitch. '^'

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2013, 10:19 AM
"agito is farmable"

yes, it and literally everything but falz drops

that doesn't make it easily attainable

AgemFrostMage
Jul 22, 2013, 10:22 AM
That's called a parallel world. You lucky son of a bitch. '^'

The parallel world reminds me of Ryucross from Phantasy Star IV because of the crystals and snow color. Now that's a megid I want, that does strong fire AoE in big area and even hunters can use =)

For the Haze Draal zan is safe for force, hits many parts at once and can easily dodge at the right moment.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 22, 2013, 10:29 AM
Still, I'm doing Naberius very hards until the nerf, got to get the 100k while I still can.

Maenara
Jul 22, 2013, 03:03 PM
I personally don't find Namegid overpowered, for how long it takes to charge, how much PP it costs, and how easy it is to misfire, I find the 25~30k damage I do on weakspots of monsters not weak to dark actually somewhat underwhelming(Seriously, how are people doing 100k+ without weakbullet or stances? I'm 60/60 FO/TE and have quite decent gear so I'm wondering why I'm ending up doing 1/3 the damage as some people).

Chdata
Jul 25, 2013, 03:02 PM
I personally don't find Namegid overpowered, for how long it takes to charge, how much PP it costs, and how easy it is to misfire, I find the 25~30k damage I do on weakspots of monsters not weak to dark actually somewhat underwhelming(Seriously, how are people doing 100k+ without weakbullet or stances? I'm 60/60 FO/TE and have quite decent gear so I'm wondering why I'm ending up doing 1/3 the damage as some people).

Fo/Te vs Fo/Hu with the 1.4x damage stance.

Though, that ups your 30k to 42k.

Zyrusticae
Jul 25, 2013, 03:20 PM
Do you have Dark Mastery I & II?

I'm doing 25k on non-weak points with a 53/51 Te/Fo, so something's definitely going on on your end.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 25, 2013, 04:22 PM
It is a godsend for breaking Zeshraida's parts though. Today I did the Revelle client order for zesh and came up with the red name with the thing on its face, does way more damage to it than the face weak point.

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
Fo/Te vs Fo/Hu with the 1.4x damage stance.

Though, that ups your 30k to 42k.
Fo/Hu gives only 1.2x damage. Fo/Fi is the one with 1.44x or 1.69x stances. Fo/Br would give 1.57x.

But Fo/Te gets 1.44x for Dark techs, and 1.72x if the target is weak to Dark. Or rather, any of Wind/Light/Dark, but only Dark is relevant in this case.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 26, 2013, 09:19 AM
Fo/Hu gives only 1.2x damage. Fo/Fi is the one with 1.44x or 1.69x stances. Fo/Br would give 1.57x.

But Fo/Te gets 1.44x for Dark techs, and 1.72x if the target is weak to Dark. Or rather, any of Wind/Light/Dark, but only Dark is relevant in this case.

I still stand by my wind tree with namegid though at the beach because of the bal serpents being practically weak to wind (the boomerang blades work better than any fire or ice spell, the "true" weaknesses it has), and armies of the spinning fin monsters that time too well for their attacks and hit too hard considering the numbers.

Gibarta is great against them in range if you have some freeze up and freeze keep because can't spin at a player for 250 damage per enemy if frozen he he =)

Since the wind masteries are maxed I'll work on some dark for namegid against the horns. Maybe I experiment with my fire tree there too though but I normally only use it for forest, Naberius AQs, and desert, thunder tree for tunnels and ruins, and ice tree for v.cave (of course), sanctum (the big dragonkin are easily frozen and predicahlas attack from behind so a chance to freeze even if they teleport behind you), and beach.

The dark (main techer) tree now with namegid I bring everywhere but beach.

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2013, 12:46 PM
To be brutally honest, Namegid is not all that amazing.

It's only like 5.5x stronger than Samegid if all three bolts hit. Considering it takes 7x as long to charge, well, it's less DPS in a controlled situation with infinite PP. Gimegid would be stronger still.

Obviously there are drawbacks to the other dark techs, namely how easy it is to miss some or all of the cast, so the instant travel lock on is greatly appreciated. But if it's ever nerfed because of kneejerk reactions to "womg 2mil dmg omg" based on a 50x multiplier, then everyone will just go back to Samegid spam with the occasional well placed Gimegid. That's a more reliable way to inflict poison in the same stroke as lots of damage, so that already locks down Quartz harsh.

Or you know, not use dark techs anywhere but in Sanctum and against Vol.

Bellion
Jul 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
It's 5 seconds to charge Namegid, not 7 seconds.

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's at least 6, it has to be.

Z-0
Jul 26, 2013, 01:16 PM
Nah, it's 5, I timed it multiple times, starting with 0 and not 1 (critical error everybody makes).

jooozek
Jul 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
the moment of releasing is when the mark becomes white, right? i don't have it myself yet but gotta know for the near future

Z-0
Jul 26, 2013, 01:18 PM
As soon as the mark becomes white, the tech will release itself, you do not have to raise the button (although you'll have to once it goes off to JA again, obviously).

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2013, 01:19 PM
I press the button when the clock hits 0 and it explodes on 6.

Z-0
Jul 26, 2013, 01:22 PM
Who knows, I just know it's long.

I find Nafoie is a lot better for DPS providing you can hit the target directly and is not fire resistant, but it's somewhat hard to sustain. I only really use Namegid on things like Vol and Quartz.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Bellion
Jul 26, 2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah, scratch that 5. I've been getting 5.5 or 6 seconds on my stopwatch.

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 01:27 PM
This is why fraps and sony vegas exist, people. Let's do some frame testing.

The Walrus
Jul 26, 2013, 01:36 PM
Fraps works with PSO2 again now?

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 01:44 PM
Hell if I know, I never tried getting working.

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 02:03 PM
It does did it tested it before for a friend once although I just use Bandaicam or something.

Also people and there lolis.

KatsujinkenKik
Jul 26, 2013, 03:08 PM
I imagine PC performance to be why we're getting different times. Slow down tends to make my 5.5 turn to 7 seconds.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2013, 03:19 PM
It does did it tested it before for a friend once although I just use Bandaicam or something.

Also people and there lolis.

Does it really? because I wanna make some hilarious vide-

/goes back to drawing

Freshellent
Jul 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Fraps should work fine with PSO2, it always has. Unless I missed something, it's been a while.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, Fraps should work fine with PSO2, it always has. Unless I missed something, it's been a while.

At some point gameguard started blocking it because anti-hacking-shields always do more damage than good.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 26, 2013, 05:19 PM
Or you know, not use dark techs anywhere but in Sanctum and against Vol.

And Zeshraida too! All three samegid spheres usually hit its face.

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 05:23 PM
And Zeshraida too! All three samegid spheres usually hit its face.

So do all the bolts of grants.

MetalDude
Jul 26, 2013, 06:33 PM
Grants hits him inside the shell too and it makes it stupid easy to flip him over when he exposes himself.

SakoHaruo
Jul 26, 2013, 07:01 PM
I want to know what happens when four Force users enter a boss room with this PA. I've only seen one force at a time use it.

someone do Sanctum TA with three 60/60 force.

Z-0
Jul 26, 2013, 07:21 PM
For Zesh when he's inside his shell, I throw a Talis inside and detonate a Zondeel.

I like higher numbers, what can I say? :wacko:

Alma
Jul 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
I want to know what happens when four Force users enter a boss room with this PA. I've only seen one force at a time use it.

someone do Sanctum TA with three 60/60 force.

What will happen? Nothing lol
Honestly aside for falz arm run and a couple of certain boss fight, namegid wasnt veryvusefull. Its a veryvsituational spell

But i love this spell, it made falz arm run very fast to clear
Since these tech exist, my average falz arm per run was 40sec each, 30sec to wait for the gate and less then 10 sec to kill the arm lol

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2013, 08:26 PM
What will happen? Nothing lol
Honestly aside for falz arm run and a couple of certain boss fight, namegid wasnt veryvusefull. Its a veryvsituational spell

But i love this spell, it made falz arm run very fast to clear
Since these tech exist, my average falz arm per run was 40sec each, 30sec to wait for the gate and less then 10 sec to kill the arm lol
TBH, this is more because of the Backhand Smash PA than Namegid. In fact, Backhand Smash does more damage while being instantaneous but point-blank range.

Kind of silly, really.

Emp
Jul 26, 2013, 08:38 PM
Wow for a sec, I thought that video was srs. As fo, I kinda put all of my other techs besides othe dark techs and lightning techs aside and use namegid instead. It may take a bit of pp and time to charge but if you hv extra pp from souls and pp skills from techer tree, youre fine.

Lol just another pp sucker for all those fofi ppl XD.

Chdata
Jul 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
This is why fraps and sony vegas exist, people. Let's do some frame testing.

I tried, and fraps doesn't work, but you know, there is a video where the spell is casted multiple times.

Somewhere... ;o

Edit: Anyway, looking back at my YT vid: At 0:22 my JA namegid starts, at 0:28 you can see the hit marker for 1 damage, in the middle of the explosion just after the white symbol disappears. If you time namegid from cast to when the white circle explodes (like half a second before you can first see the hit marker), maybe you have 5.5 seconds.

Another reference for timing, is that you can cast almost exactly one namegid on Tranzmizer's weak point before it closes. Your window for starting it is very small.

Rien
Jul 26, 2013, 10:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3012337#post3012337

Na Megid quotes from Macbeth. o.o

Chdata
Jul 26, 2013, 11:23 PM
Haha that's awesome, I was wondering if I could see a close up shape of the symbol's pattern some time.

... Someone go texture ripping!

Chdata
Jul 27, 2013, 02:06 AM
A note about namegid: Being able to stick that spell on weakspots vs normal spots will make a huge difference in your DPS.

Some enemies are easy to auto-aim onto their weak spots, but some like wolg or ragne or whatever will be trickier, and tranzmizer has a very short window of opportunity.

Against any general spot, at my level, I'm hitting 7k on various bosses (much higher leveled than me) and 24k if I stick it on their weak spot.

milranduil
Jul 27, 2013, 03:20 AM
I still stand by my wind tree with namegid though at the beach because of the bal serpents being practically weak to wind (the boomerang blades work better than any fire or ice spell, the "true" weaknesses it has), and armies of the spinning fin monsters that time too well for their attacks and hit too hard considering the numbers.

Gibarta is great against them in range if you have some freeze up and freeze keep because can't spin at a player for 250 damage per enemy if frozen he he =)

Since the wind masteries are maxed I'll work on some dark for namegid against the horns. Maybe I experiment with my fire tree there too though but I normally only use it for forest, Naberius AQs, and desert, thunder tree for tunnels and ruins, and ice tree for v.cave (of course), sanctum (the big dragonkin are easily frozen and predicahlas attack from behind so a chance to freeze even if they teleport behind you), and beach.

The dark (main techer) tree now with namegid I bring everywhere but beach.

What are you talking about? Safoie and Foie destroy anything and everything that lives in Coast... fire tree is also much better for the darkers in Sanctum since they are weak to it. If you're having trouble with Pre/dicahda, just spam Gifoie (it stunlocks them).

SquashDemon
Jul 27, 2013, 03:21 PM
Haha that's awesome, I was wondering if I could see a close up shape of the symbol's pattern some time.

... Someone go texture ripping!From that video, It's really hard to tell of course, but It looks like the old PSO Photon Circles (they appear under your character when using a photon blast, you fight Dark Falz Form 2 standing on them, Episode I's opening cinematic.)...which, being the retrofag I am, wins billions of points for me.

Especially considering it's basically a Force Overend, but much more powerful.

Must...have...tech.