PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Weird issue after skipping intro chapter.

Chou-Chou
Jul 22, 2013, 11:54 PM
Is it normal for this (refer to below screen shot) to happen when you skip the intro chapter?
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb426/MegaManZXAdvant/PSO2%20screen%20shots/pso20130722_213232_000_zps6f9fbebf.jpg (http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/MegaManZXAdvant/media/PSO2%20screen%20shots/pso20130722_213232_000_zps6f9fbebf.jpg.html)
"The game will begin as soon as the introduction chapter is complete."
Can't move, can't chat am able to chat, can't do anything & can't even bring up the menu at all.

This is the 2nd time this issue has happened.

2 out of 2 times I have skipped the intro chapter to be greeted with this issue means its a 100% chance to happen though a friend told me everything is fine but this is because he does not use any English patches whatsoever and I don't have the Story patch installed only the main English patch & large files so one or the other or even both is causing this.

Deviruki
Jul 22, 2013, 11:55 PM
Huh...What'd you do the first time it happened? Just ended the game and recreated?

You might just have to go through the tutorial I guess, to avoid it.

Chou-Chou
Jul 22, 2013, 11:57 PM
Huh...What'd you do the first time it happened? Just ended the game and recreated?

You might just have to go through the tutorial I guess, to avoid it.

Closing the game by force fixes it but I am wondering why this even happens when it gives you the option to skip the intro chapter when you have been in it once already.

Metalsnake27
Jul 23, 2013, 12:03 AM
Might be an issue with the English Story Patch.

Usually causes this sort of thing. Only thing I can think of.

Chou-Chou
Jul 23, 2013, 12:04 AM
Might be an issue with the English Story Patch.

Usually causes this sort of thing. Only thing I can think of.

I don't have the Story Patch installed, only English Patch & Large files.

Just going to have to force pso2 to close and re-launch it.

Variant
Jul 23, 2013, 01:17 AM
I had the exact same issue, I have the story/english/large patch files installed too. I just closed it and played through the intro after remaking.

Chou-Chou
Jul 23, 2013, 01:38 AM
I had the exact same issue, I have the story/English/large patch files installed too. I just closed it and played through the intro after remaking.

I only have the English Patch & Large files installed, I do not have the Story Patch installed also you do not need to remake the character when that bug happens.

Variant
Jul 23, 2013, 02:35 AM
I only have the English Patch & Large files installed, I do not have the Story Patch installed also you do not need to remake the character when that bug happens.

I know, I just wanted to see if it'd freeze at the intro, which it didn't. But yeah, weird issue. Did you reproduce it without any patches applied?

Shayuna
Jul 23, 2013, 04:28 AM
i have the problem with new chars too when i skipped the tutorial. i relog and i can move.

Shifumi
Jul 23, 2013, 04:52 AM
That reminds me the problem I had when I tried to play pso2 once again. I couldn't move at all. The only difference is that I didn't have this message.
At first i though it was that the direct chat mode from pso2, and since my keyboard don't have the "scroll lock" key I though I was so screwed.
Then I did a full check, nothing. Then I used a pso2 tweaker (with the redeemer patcher), did a full check with it, and everything worked again.

Hope that'll help. Good luck !

KazukiQZ
Jul 23, 2013, 05:11 AM
Happens to me when I skip the prologue after creating new character.

RedRaz0r
Jul 23, 2013, 01:29 PM
I've seen this happen 3 times (once to me, twice to friends) when exiting the beauty salon since ep2 came out. We all use the standard English patch, no story patch or large files.