PDA

View Full Version : Oh can't you see Falz Arms don't mean shit to me

EvilMag
Jul 23, 2013, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T8r4wV9V7Y

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 12:57 AM
I need to record this next time (I'm the dork flipping around at the start) because the GU/HU damage is just dumb.

Alisha
Jul 23, 2013, 01:12 AM
whats so special about this?

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2013, 01:21 AM
proving destroying arms is pointless

and it is

blace
Jul 23, 2013, 01:24 AM
People do this all the time anyway. Move on.

The Walrus
Jul 23, 2013, 01:43 AM
idgi.

is there something i'm missing?

Jana
Jul 23, 2013, 01:46 AM
It's annoying to be in a random EQuest MPA that doesn't know how to or care to break the arms when you still want rares though... And it's only the level 50 Falz too.

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2013, 01:58 AM
It's annoying to be in a random EQuest MPA that doesn't know how to or care to break the arms when you still want rares though... And it's only the level 50 Falz too.

Breaking arms does not affect rare weapon drop.

Jkid
Jul 23, 2013, 02:02 AM
Breaking arms does not affect rare weapon drop.

Then what does breaking the arms actually do? If it does not affect rare weapon drop, it means the more arms you break the more items/meseta you get.

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2013, 02:08 AM
Then what does breaking the arms actually do? If it does not affect rare weapon drop, it means the more arms you break the more items/meseta you get.

It affects unit drop rate if I recall correctly (could be wrong)? Besides, it's never a surprise to find a mere 2 stones even after breaking all of the arms. I haven't noticed a reduction in items after a failed attempt to break arms anyways.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 02:11 AM
Since nobody in our team really cares about Falz units (that doesn't already have them although I've literally never found a single unit), we decided we'd just fuck the core up instead. The only difference in destroying arms is possible unit drops and more trash if every other boss in the game is something to go off of.

EvilMag
Jul 23, 2013, 02:11 AM
I got 6 stones from that falz fight. Just saying.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2013, 02:42 AM
Shows how shallow people's knowledge has to be of something to make it a habit.

Only real useful reason to break hands is making them easier to dodge.

But now everyone's braver with that 1 whole second long JG window so who curr.

Blest
Jul 23, 2013, 05:41 AM
Which ship is this?

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jul 23, 2013, 06:47 AM
guys i kno you have to break the arms. i have never gotten a rare unless all arms are broken. you b-20 noobs are the reason why japanese people are leaving ship 2. you should all just quit and go home.

(I forgot you can't hear sarcasm when I type ._.)

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 06:52 AM
guys i kno you have to break the arms. i have never gotten a rare unless all arms are broken. you b-20 noobs are the reason why japanese people are leaving ship 2. you should all just quit and go home.

Really they are leaving sense when? I still see loads of em on ship 2.

Meji
Jul 23, 2013, 07:05 AM
Really they are leaving sense when? I still see loads of em on ship 2.Nah, those are all wanna-b JP's.

Either way, interesting topic. I always thought that more parts broken meant more drops in total. Guess not.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 23, 2013, 07:22 AM
Nah, those are all wanna-b JP's.

Either way, interesting topic. I always thought that more parts broken meant more drops in total. Guess not.

Have you never paid attention to all the times me and Sine been saying that it doesn't matter? ;-;

Reiketsu
Jul 23, 2013, 07:36 AM
(I forgot you can't hear sarcasm when I type ._.)

Bad Horo. Go back into your fox den.

Zenobia
Nah, those are all wanna-b JP's.

Nah it really doesn't matter like Ce'Nedra said, only thing it really does justice for is...well the exp!

I can always use those stones though more excubes.

jooozek
i think its more amusing that it took op's MPA over 2 minutes to kill elder with a full MPA

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 07:38 AM
i think its more amusing that it took op's MPA over 2 minutes to kill elder with a full MPA

Eeewwwwwwwww Jooozek mang dats a low blow son D:!

Income Taxs
Jul 23, 2013, 08:39 AM
Bad Horo. Go back into your fox den.

*Wolf* :3

Z-0
Jul 23, 2013, 09:32 AM
Eeewwwwwwwww Jooozek mang dats a low blow son D:!
Well, providing you're not playing with shitty players (cannot be avoided for first Falz unless there's some SEEKRET BLOK people go to or you're really lucky), you can kill Falz in a mere two minutes while breaking all the arms too. This isn't done with any particular planning either, as I do in random Japanese groups when doing my extra Falz.

Take as many Fighters as possible, with at least 2 Rangers, and shock him immediately on Phase 2 -- do not wait for his middle arms to break. Each shock should bring him down 3-4 arms providing your team is strong enough, and after 2-3 shocks Falz will be dead.

Alternatively you can just kill him in less than a minute by taking 10/11 Fighters and 1/2 Rangers, and just ignoring the arms. WB the core when he grows his extra arms and go crazy. If strong enough it's possible to kill him before he throws meteors (although this is kinda hard to do so yeah).

Oh, and for those who don't know, the core is actually Falz's strongest weak point. You will do more damage on palms / arms, so if you shock him while just attacking the core, don't keep attacking the core, get the arms.

Dnd
Jul 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
All im saying is, been saying this for months (That arms don't effect core drops + stone drops) to people basically telling me to shut up because 'We want our 1-3x 30-50 meseta drops + 1/100 chance at a slot unit worth 1k'..

Feels good to be right

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 09:50 AM
All im saying is, been saying this for months (That arms don't effect core drops + stone drops) to people basically telling me to shut up because 'We want our 1-3x 30-50 meseta drops + 1/100 chance at a slot unit worth 1k'..

Feels good to be right

it doesn't matter how much are the units worth on the player shops, if you don't have premium that is the only way for you to obtain them if you need them, if you do have premium you can turn them into a 10* unit buying pass or just get another unit to trade in 5 10* units for 30 grinders

so in other words unless you are a terrible player (or want to run elder with 10 chars or some shit) that is unable to destroy all the arms i don't really see any reasons to not destroy the arms :-?

Jana
Jul 23, 2013, 10:29 AM
It affects unit drop rate if I recall correctly (could be wrong)? Besides, it's never a surprise to find a mere 2 stones even after breaking all of the arms. I haven't noticed a reduction in items after a failed attempt to break arms anyways.

I always thought each break was an extra drop from the entire drop table; this is good to know. Still, I'd rather break the arms for a chance at new units than not.

Vintasticvin
Jul 23, 2013, 11:04 AM
Soo make sure all arms broken when Falz "dies"?

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
If the drop rules apply to Falz, the arms only add unit potential drops to the crystal, not weapons.

GuardianGirth
Jul 23, 2013, 11:17 AM

Pretty sure once he was shocked it only took the 40 seconds.

HIT0SHI
Jul 23, 2013, 11:21 AM
Wait, wait, wait...

Dark Falz Elder drops units? I've been fighting him sense he was released and he has not even dropped any +10* weapons let alone a unit with all arms broken. :/

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 11:21 AM
Well, providing you're not playing with shitty players (cannot be avoided for first Falz unless there's some SEEKRET BLOK people go to or you're really lucky), you can kill Falz in a mere two minutes while breaking all the arms too. This isn't done with any particular planning either, as I do in random Japanese groups when doing my extra Falz.

Take as many Fighters as possible, with at least 2 Rangers, and shock him immediately on Phase 2 -- do not wait for his middle arms to break. Each shock should bring him down 3-4 arms providing your team is strong enough, and after 2-3 shocks Falz will be dead.

Alternatively you can just kill him in less than a minute by taking 10/11 Fighters and 1/2 Rangers, and just ignoring the arms. WB the core when he grows his extra arms and go crazy. If strong enough it's possible to kill him before he throws meteors (although this is kinda hard to do so yeah).

Oh, and for those who don't know, the core is actually Falz's strongest weak point. You will do more damage on palms / arms, so if you shock him while just attacking the core, don't keep attacking the core, get the arms.

No idea why I was quoted knowing all of this anyway from jump street.

The Walrus
Jul 23, 2013, 11:24 AM
Wait, wait, wait...

Dark Falz Elder drops units? I've been fighting him sense he was released and he has not even dropped any +10* weapons let alone a unit with all arms broken. :/

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/34189380.jpg

TaigaUC
Jul 23, 2013, 12:58 PM
Haha, RNG.

Anyway, the units are sort of useful for support partners now. But then, you could just use any other 10 star unit.
My friend and I racked up some 11 star units from XQ whilst farming for Amaterasu, so we just dumped them on our SPs.

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 06:47 PM
Pretty sure once he was shocked it only took the 40 seconds.

well, you ended with 17:41
here is how randoms with all arms broken finish
[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1750677-UM9975E.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

Shit, I'm with you on that as far as units go. Not a single one. I've found a few 10*'s though :V

Metalsnake27
Jul 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
So the arms do nothing?

Trying to explain that to the Japanese player yelling at everyone to stop killing Falz and to break the arms.

Was my first Hard Falz and it took way too long than it needed to be, even if we did break the arms. Then again, having a full team of Braver Man-Hood doesn't help much either.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 06:54 PM
Well, they add units to the drop table (no weapons) and make the fight a bit easier. Ideally (key word), it won't take you that much longer to destroy arms and kill Falz given that people cooperate during shocks (and do them right off the start of Phase 2 instead of waiting so damn long after the main arms are gone). This was more of a "Let's see how fast Elder drops if we just focus the core" thing that we decided halfway through the Arms EQ so obviously it's not the most organized thing ever but we got a kick out of it.

Metalsnake27
Jul 23, 2013, 06:59 PM
Well, they add units to the drop table (no weapons) and make the fight a bit easier. Ideally (key word), it won't take you that much longer to destroy arms and kill Falz given that people cooperate during shocks (and do them right off the start of Phase 2 instead of waiting so damn long after the main arms are gone). This was more of a "Let's see how fast Elder drops if we just focus the core" thing that we decided halfway through the Arms EQ so obviously it's not the most organized thing ever but we got a kick out of it.

I guess our group was just a mess, was a full braver team of mostly mid 20-30 players and was consisting of one guy yelling at everyone XD.

We ended with like 4 minutes left or something, it was just tedious.